Coming from a Polygon interview with Dragon Quest series executive producer Yuu Miyake...
"We want to get them out here. We really do! The Dragon Quest games are very text-heavy, so the time and the cost it takes to localize these and do it well is quite something. Business-wise, we have to think quite hard whether we'll make that money back from localizing to North America. It's always been a difficult decision. But the more you tell us, the louder the voices, the more likely we are to do it."
What: LEGO Dimensions San Diego Comic-Con Hands-on Videogame Event
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will be showcasing LEGO Dimensions at the Hard Rock Hotel from Thursday through Sunday with hands-on gameplay demos, including a first-look at Doctor Who gameplay content, special events, photo ops and poster giveaways (while supplies last).
Hands-On Gameplay – Fans can experience the merging of physical LEGO brick building and interactive console gameplay along with a mash-up of fan favorite characters and worlds in LEGO form by playing LEGO Dimensions.
First consumer playable experience with LEGO Dimensions
First Look at Doctor Who Gameplay
LEGO Dimensions Giveaways – All attendees will receive a LEGO Dimensions poster. Those who play the demo will receive a Limited Edition LEGO Dimensions art print.
Cool Photo Ops
Special Events– Special events will take place during the game showcase, including autograph signings with Bob Gale, Co-Writer of Back to the Future, and Nathan Sawaya, the award-winning Brick Artist and voice actors from the game.
Thursday, July 9th, 4 – 5 pm: Autograph signing with Bob Gale, Co-Writer, Back to the Future
Friday, July 10th, 4 – 5 pm: Autograph signing with Nathan Sawaya, The Brick Artist
Saturday, July 11th, 3 – 7pm: Scooby Doo Photo Op
Saturday, July 11th, 4 – 5pm: Autograph signing with LEGO Dimensions voice actors, including Troy Baker (voice of Batman), Laura Bailey (voice of Wonder Woman) and Travis Willingham (voice of Superman and Lex Luthor)
Sunday, July 12th, 10 – 2 pm: Scooby Doo Photo Op
Pre-Order Gift With Purchase – Any attendee who pre-orders a LEGO Dimensions product from the GameStop kiosk at our event will receive an exclusive LEGO Dimensions t-shirt.
Who: Families, Fans, Gamers and Kids of All Ages
When: Thursday, July 9 – Saturday, July 11, 2015
3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Sunday, July 12, 2015
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Where: Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
Legends Ballrooms 1 & 2
207 5th Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
**No Badge Required**
- enjoy life in the world of Disney with activities such as shopping, going on walks, adventuring, fishing, farming, jewel excavating, costume and furniture crafting, partying, and hanging out with Disney characters
- Disney motif interior designs for your cafe
- over 120 Disney characters will make an appearance
- over 3,000 items that can be made with the materials gathered in the game
- Frozen, The Little Mermaid, Snow White, and Lilo & Stitch are getting new worlds
- Alice in Wonderland and Winnie the Pooh worlds will be returning
- total of six worlds in Disney Magical World 2
- episode in Frozen’s world, which tells the story of what happens between Frozen and its short film sequel Frozen Forever
- scenario and artwork has been done in collaboration with Walt Disney Animation Studio,
- will feature songs like “Let it Go”
- many lively events such as the dance show, where you’ll get to invite buddies and participate with other characters
- “Dream Fantasy” is a new feature in the game that happens when you fall asleep in the game
- this is a place full of light and music, and all kinds of magical things that await the player and other characters
- take various commemorative photos in the game
- theme song for the Japanese version of the game is “Sparke ~Kagayaki wo Shinjite~” by May J.
Weapon: Elec Beam
Weakness: Rolling Cutter
A robot who controls electricity. He’s a strong enemy with speed and power to match. Take him down quickly with a weapon that plays on his weakness.
Probably my favorite of the MM1 bosses, Elec Man always felt a bit like a legit super villain. That mask and color scheme reminded me of Marvel's Electro, and his powers were the easiest to immediately equate with comic books. Super strength could be any of a billion characters. Bombs & blades too. But hurling electric beams felt right out of a Spidey comic.
1. Batman: Arkham Knight
2. Lego Jurassic World
3. Fallout 4
4. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
5. Lego Worlds
6. The Elder Scrolls Online
7. Skylanders: SuperChargers
8. Star Wars Battlefront
9. Final Fantasy VII
10. Heroes of the Storm