Huge thanks to Led-Mirrorknight for the heads up!
We all know there's an official Splatoon manga, but that didn't stop one fan from crafting his own Splatoon comic-style adventure. This project was quite an undertaking, considering there's 86 pages of content! The comic is finally complete, and now you can enjoy the full presentation! Click here to check it out (thanks Gerjet!)
Deluxe hardcover: The beautiful hardcover edition of the guide will have premium treatments.
Flight maneuver tricks: Learn how to pilot like a pro with expert strategies for the Arwing, Gyrowing and Landmaster.
All secrets revealed: Discover how to unlock all the game’s secrets.
Outfly your enemies: Detailed strategies on how to defeat each enemy and boss.
Free mobile-friendly eGuide! Includes a code to access the eGuide, a digital version of the complete strategy guide optimized for a second-screen experience.
These limited edition guides will only be printed once. When they are sold out, they will be gone forever!
Hardcover: 224 pages
Publisher: Prima Games; Collectors edition (April 22, 2016)
Product Dimensions: 8 x 10.9 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
A little back story: Last Tuesday evening, February 2 2016, I tweeted out a call to action for folk's to show their interest in us running a kickstarter campaign for Dementium III. Anyone that liked this idea could show their support by retweeting the tweet. After our failed Cult County kickstarter campaign, we needed to have some confidence in public interest before going into a campaign.
Even before a kickstarter campaign goes live, there is a tremendous amount of work and money invested to present a well thought out concept and plan. Our goal with a kickstarter would be to present a project that is not only appealing, but also something we can accomplish, i.e. deliver on!
The magic number of retweets I am looking for is in the range of a few thousand (3000 would be ideal). The hope would be to have the majority of the people who retweeted translate over to becoming kickstarter backers, giving the project a much needed boost of support when the campaign goes live.
Coming from a Famitsu interview with Hideki Kamiya...
- Kamiya's goal with Bayonetta was to make an original game with hardware you’re touching for the first time with no library, no resources, and no game engine
- he wanted to have it published in three years
- Kamiya is noted to have a really harsh directing style
- at the time Bayonetta’s development finished, the company’s atmosphere was so tense and many employees including main programmer Kenji Saito said they didn’t want to work with him again
“As a director, I always told the staff [to implement things] ‘because they’re interesting!’, even if they could be severe demands.” - Kamiya
“After a while later, I understand how Kamiya feels. When Bayonetta 2 was finished, there were many people who don’t want to work with me either.” - Yusuke Hashimoto
“I remembered it when looking at Hashimoto’s face as he’s making Star Fox Zero right now… when we set up this company, we never thought we’d get lent IPs from other companies and create games of them. I think it’s a rare case for a studio to make games of so many IPs from other companies.” - Atsushi Inaba
- IP holders leave the action gameplay parts to Platinum
- this is because other devs/pubs acknowledge the studio’s developing power
- while the original plan was to focus on original IP, Platinum has recently received many offers to collaborate on games
- some of these collaborations still haven’t been announced at this time.
This comedic point-and-click RPG will crack you up, especially if you're into fantasy. Much like the original game, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 lovingly spoofs the tropes and cliches of role-playing games and fantasy worlds, whether it's Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, or World of Warcraft. The game's four characters - Wilbur the gnome mage, Nate the adventurer, the elf princess Ivo, and Nate's pet, the Critter - can either be played separately, or all at once. It features hilariously quirky characters, hundreds of "weird, yet oddly logical" puzzles, an epic soundtrack, and beautifully rendered fantasy locations. If you're going to save the world of Aventasia, you'd better start pointing and clicking!
Release Date 3/22/16
Publisher Nordic Games
- 1 returning set of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD system icons
- 1 returning set of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds badges
- 1 returning set of The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes badges
- 9 returning sets of Splatoon badges
- 2 returning sets of pixel sushi badges
- 1 returning set of pixel insect badges
- 1 returning set of pixel bonsai tree badges
- 1 returning set of pixel bird badges