Thanks to J22 for the heads up!
1 - I want to thank everyone for loving MegaMan and having such strong opinions. That's really cool...— Joe Kelly (@JoeKellyMOA) May 26, 2016
2 - Even cooler when you express them with care and thought. Nothing I can say will counteract the shock you may feel when...— Joe Kelly (@JoeKellyMOA) May 26, 2016
3 - An image released doesn't match the one you had in your head. Same with a storyline. A name. A set up. All I can say is what I said b4--— Joe Kelly (@JoeKellyMOA) May 26, 2016
4 - We always set out with our partners to create the best show we can. That's all creative people do. All day. Every day.— Joe Kelly (@JoeKellyMOA) May 26, 2016
5 - Some of what we create will suit your taste. Some will not. I only ask, as I did before, that folks wait until a show is on the air...— Joe Kelly (@JoeKellyMOA) May 26, 2016
6 - Before assuming that their favorite thing is ruined forever. The whole reason I engaged folks last time was BECAUSE we respect fans...— Joe Kelly (@JoeKellyMOA) May 26, 2016
7 - Just because our collective approach doesn't match your ideas is not an attack on you.— Joe Kelly (@JoeKellyMOA) May 26, 2016
8 - That's all I have on this. I can't answer questions or get into specifics for legal, personal and creative reasons...— Joe Kelly (@JoeKellyMOA) May 26, 2016
9 - But I hope you give the show a chance when it airs. Thanks for your passion and thoughtfulness. Best to you!— Joe Kelly (@JoeKellyMOA) May 26, 2016
The fan reaction to the first piece of art hasn't been very good at all, which is what Mr. Kelly is addressing above. I have to say that I'm not too keen on the art either, but I'm willing to give the series a try. I'd like to see a trailer before I make a more informed opinion, but even then, I'll reserve final judgment for the show itself.
Coming from a Nintendo Dream interview with Kirby: Planet Robobot director Shinya Kumazaki...
Q: There are more cut-scenes than in the previous game. Why did you decide to strengthen the story elements?
A: In the beginning of the development when the game was still “Kirby Triple Deluxe 2”, we came up with a story of new enemies emerging from the sky in order to enhance Hypernova ability, but I wanted to break away from the deja vu feeling of the previous titles while still being a succession in the series, so the world view was completely changed. Introducing various Robobot Armor improved the action feel from Hypernova, so the story was entirely a means for new action. We got excited and came up with a sci-fi story while making the world more in line with the Robobot Armor.
Q: How were abilities like Jet, Mirror, UFO and Smash Bros., which haven’t appeared in a while, selected?
A: Jet and Mirror are abilities that haven’t made an appearance in a long time, so we wanted to revive them in order to respond to hopes of fans. A reason for bringing UFO back is that it fits thematically well with the world of this title. The sense of speed has been increased overall for Jet, and UFO has also seen some fine balance tuning. The Smash Bros. ability is more special. We thought to have some ability that the biggest fans can agree on if Kirby inhales an amiibo from Super Smash Bros. series. This was also revamped from the old ability to the finest points.
The devs also made a 3D-printed model of the Robobot armor to use for reference when developing the game. Sadly, there were/are no plans to sell a model like this to consumers.
- collabs with Monster Hunter Stories and Taiko Drum Master: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure
- Rathalos and the Nargacuga will both appear in Puzzle & Dragons X as enemy bosses
- you can create Soul Armour based on those two monsters
- to get this collaboration, you will first need to beat a collaboration quest to be released on August 10th
- befriend Don-chan and Tamazo X Don-chan from Taiko Drum Master
- get music from Puzzle & Dragons X in Taiko Drum Master: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure the day P&DX launches
- this will be free DLC
- versus mode is a turn-based mode played at the Dragon Coliseum
- select your skills (you have 15 seconds to do so, and you can skip this step after the first turn);
- play the puzzle (you also have 15 seconds for that);
- damage done to your opponent is calculated, and the player with the most powerful attack gets to damage their opponent
- all three phases are repeated until one of the two players has no more HP
- HP gauge is divided in three blocks
- can only do a maximum of one block of damage per turn
- Armour Drops toys for the D-Gear will work with both Puzzle & Dragons X and PazuDora Radar (mobile game/app), via QR
- you can get the Soul of the monster scanned in order to directly get the Soul Armour based on that monster
- two variants of the D-Gear: one for Ace (Red), and one for Lance (Blue)
- you can also play a simple Simon-style game on the D-Gear by memorizing the colored lights pattern
- anime Ending: Shiori Tomita, with music composed by Takkyu Ishino
- anime Opening: UVERworld
- anime cast:
Ace: Takuto Yoshinaga
Lance: Tetsuya Kakihara
Tamazo: Tomoko Kaneda
Devi: Chika Sakamoto
Sonia: Sora Amamiya
Even Radder... a new Famicom cartridge stretch goal for the final 48 hour push! We'll translate the game from English to Japanese for a Famicom release of Haunted: Halloween '86 (The Curse of Possum Hollow), on cartridge of course.
Can it be done, Tom??? If 1.21 Gigawatts is possible I think this is too! We'd be super excited about releasing a Famicom cartridge for all our friends who still rock the Famicom.. wherever you may be around the world.