Wow...Wii U really giving Xbox One/PS4 a run for their money. I can't think of a time when I sit down and play a console for less than 2 hours a day, but I don't put in all that time at once. How much time a day do you spend playing consoles?
The following comes from a Reddit AMA with the Drinkbox team...
- added a new mode to Wii U/3DS to make it more accessible for casual players
- considered adding a hard mode, but ran out of time
- game was originally going to be a "short" project for Drinkbox with a 1 year development, but it took over 2 years
- content was cut from the original idea, including additional areas and bosses
- not thinking about Severed 2 at this moment
- would love to work on a 2D Metroid
- inspiration for Severed came from team member Augusto and his experiences being away from family
- it was challenging giving the story real meaning and impact and marrying that with gameplay
- 'always a chance' of a physical release for Severed
- as far as a Guacamelee 2, the team would 'love to return to the Guac world at some point in the future'
- last-minute issues cropped up with the 3DS version, which temporarily halted it from getting through certification
The team also shared a look at the original pitch video for Severed, which you can check out for yourself below.
Runner3 is the upcoming (and perhaps unsurprisingly) third entry in the BIT.TRIP RUNNER series. We’re committed to making it the best game we’ve ever made, and we want you to hold us to it. You can follow the game’s development over on our devlog, where we encourage you to chat with us in the comments section of our weekly updates.
We plan to be very open with you about the creation of Runner3, and we even plan to solicit feedback occasionally and offer user polls to give everyone a chance to chime in and help us think of things like level names, possible unlockable outfits, and more.
Let’s work together to make Runner3 the best game it can be!
While no platforms are mentioned, I'd be shock to see Runner3 skip over Nintendo's side of things. Let's just cross our fingers and hope for the best!
Make a new home in the wonderful world of Disney when Disney Magical World 2 arrives on October 14th, exclusively for Nintendo 3DS family systems. Go on adventures with Elsa and Olaf from Frozen, dance with Disney Princesses at the Castle Ball, soar with Mickey in Magical Dream parades, and more! See what this dream life has in store for you at our updated Disney Magical World 2 website.
Discover the magical town of Castleton, where there are dozens of Disney characters to meet and fantastical Disney worlds waiting to be explored. You can even decorate your home with Disney-themed furniture and run your own cosy little café. There's so much to see and do, so head to our Lots to do section to see what fun awaits you!
Can’t wait to greet your new neighbours? Pop by our Meet new friends section to see some familiar faces and some new ones, too! In our Explore worlds section, you can get a sneak peek at some of the wonderful places you’ll be visiting on your adventures!
Live the Disney life of your dreams when Disney Magical World 2 launches exclusively on Nintendo 3DS family systems on October 14th! Discover more at our Disney Magical World 2 website.