The following information comes from Nintendo's support website:
On December 2, 2015, new update data for The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes will become available for download. Users will be required to download this update prior to using the software's online multiplayer features. Because of this, we strongly recommend that all players for the Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes download and install this update data.
- You can still use previous save data after downloading this update.
- Update data will be saved on the SD Card that is inserted into the system.
- If there is not enough space on the SD Card, the update will not be completed.
- In order to check available space, select "System Settings" from the Home Menu and then select "Data Management."
- After downloading the update, please do not delete the update data. Update data can be viewed in the "Downloadable Content" area of the Data Management menu.
- Den of Trials will be added.
- 2 new outfits will be added.
- A new method for obtaining Friendly Tokens will be added.
- Miiverse stamps will be added.
- Players with similar styles of play will be matched up (teamed up) more frequently during online play.
- Users will be able to add other users to their blacklist if they exit the game through the pause menu during the game.
- Adjustments will also be made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
Version 2.0.0 Notes
Over 30 stages will be unlocked in the Den of Trials (each one goes progressively deeper underground).
These will be unlocked after clearing certain requirements in the game.
Friendly Tokens can be obtained from the street vendor after Princess Styla’s curse has been lifted.
Users will be matched up with other players based on their answers to a series of questions prior to being matched up.
After their teammate exits the game, users will be able to add them to their blacklist by tapping the teammate’s Hero Panel and pressing the A (or B) button before saving the game.
If you need help updating your game, then please refer to this link.