01. Dragon Quest XI (506)
02. Gyakuten Saiban 6 (339)
03. Pokémon Sun Moon (311)
04. Etrian Odyssey V (282)
05. Yokai Watch 3 (254)
06. The Legend of Zelda Wii U (161)
07. Bokujou Monogatari: Mitsu no Sato no Taisetsu na Tomodachi (112)
08. Culdcept Revolt (103)
09. Monster Hunter Stories (*)
10. Puzzle & Dragons X (*)
11. The Snack World (*)
Ready your enchanted rods! Strap on your diamond helms! We’ve been working with our chums at 4J Studios to make something pretty special - and free! - for Console Edition players to enjoy. We’re calling it Battle. It’s a last-minecrafter-standing deathmatch and the first of a number of mini games we’ll be releasing, designed to help players compete under cool and crazy rulesets with minimum fuss.
Of course, our amazingly creative console community already improvises new (and often very weird) ways to play with friends - and long may this continue! Our mini games will give you a helping hand, dropping you straight into the fun without the need to mess around with manual countdowns, laboriously prep loot chests or keep score.
Battle pits players against one another in a fight for survival, as they race to snatch weapons and resources from chests, dance over each arena’s unique perils and stave off hunger pangs. We’ve made the mini game specifically with console players and couch-based competition in mind: it supports up to four players in splitscreen and eight players online, either by invitation or using the in-game matchmaking system. We wanted it to be super-accessible and fast-paced, so we’ve tried to keep the focus on rapid tactical thinking and combat: there’s no need to craft anything here, and you can loot inventories and equip armour with the tap of a button.
If you fall to your foe’s blade - don’t despair! You can always respawn as a bat and flutter round your nemesis, squeaking vengefully. Take care to check out the lobby in between games, too. There may be a few surprises to find!
Battle will be available in June as a free update to Minecraft: Console Edition players and comes with three incredible, deadly arenas. Down the line we’ll be releasing more map packs for $2.99 a pop.
- New Rod Crane catcher type now available
- 1 FREE play being given away
- 3 returning sets and 3 new sets of WarioWare badges (includes new Ashley themed system icons)
- 2 returning sets of NES Remix badges (Metroid & SMB2)
- 1 returning set of BOXBOY! badges
- 2 returning sets of Rhythm Heaven badges
- 1 returning set of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess badges
- 1 returning set of Super Mario Maker badges
- 1 returning set of Pokémon badges
- 1 new set of Animal Crossing badges
- 1 returning set of Kirby badges
- Super Mario Bros. underwater theme offer (available until 6/2)
I'll see if I can hunt down some footage of the entire level, rather than just the GIF above. Let's hope Nintendo doesn't end up randomly deleting this stage!