NoA PR - Show Off Your Skills in the Splatoon U.S. Inkling Open Tournament For a Chance to Win a Trip to E3 2017
REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- When you play the original Splatoon game for the Wii U console, do you ever think to yourself: “Wow. I’m really good at this game and would love to put my skills to the test for the chance to win an awesome prize – maybe, I don’t know, an amazing trip to E3 2017 in sunny Los Angeles?” If so, this is the opportunity for you!
Battlefy is hosting an online Splatoon tournament across different game modes, including Turf War, Splat Zones, Tower Control and Rainmaker. Anyone ages 18 and up living in the United States with a Wii U console, the Splatoon game and internet access can participate. The winning team will win a trip to Los Angeles to attend the E3 video game trade show this June and check out what Nintendo has in store.
To enter, just find three other friends (and an optional backup) to join your squid squad and register your team at https://battlefy.com/splatoon.
The qualifying round (Turf War) is on April 22 at 11 a.m. PT, but make sure to log in early and click the “Check In” button an hour before tournament time. Once the bracket is seeded, you can set up your qualifying match using Battlefy’s Private Match Chat and then proceed to splat your way to hopeful victory. The top 16 teams in the qualifying round will then move on to the finals. In the finals, teams will play Turf War, Splat Zones and Tower Control in succession in single-elimination best-of-five play until only two teams remain. The Grand Finals will see the final two teams doing battle in Rainmaker mode to determine the winner. The finals will begin on April 29 at 11 a.m. PT.
For the full rules and tournament time, visit https://battlefy.com/splatoon. For more information about Splatoon, visit http://splatoon.nintendo.com/.
Staffordshire, UK - Lightwood Games is excited to announce that Pic-a-Pix Colour is now available on the Nintendo eShop in Europe. It will follow in North America (as Pic-a-Pix Color) in the near future.
Pic-a-Pix are exciting logic puzzles that form whimsical pixel-art pictures when solved. They are sometimes known by other names, like Picross, Nonogram, Paint by Numbers, Griddlers and Hanjie.
Unlike most games in the genre, which are black-and-white only, Pic-a-Pix Colour presents puzzles that must be solved using a palette of up to 5 different colours. The clues not only indicate lengths, but also the colour in which blocks must be painted.
The new rules add a unique twist to the game's logic and the puzzles produce beautiful, colourful pixel art. Puzzles are designed by Conceptis Ltd, the world's leading supplier of logic puzzles. They are carefully hand-drawn and guaranteed to be uniquely solvable.
The game contains 150 picture puzzles in various sizes, from introductory 5x5 puzzles to challenging 20x20 grids which can be solved using a choice of stylus or button controls.
Additional content will be made available as DLC, allowing players to increase their puzzle library with new packs in a choice of sizes.
On Wii U, the "Giant" DLC pack - available at launch - is a special challenge for Picross veterans. Making the most of the extra large touch screen, it offers puzzles at huge 30x20 and 35x25 sizes.
Users who download the game on Nintendo 3DS will automatically be able to download the game on Wii U for free, and vice versa, providing the consoles share the same Network ID.
Pic-a-Pix Colour supports English, French, German and Spanish.
Release Date: 30th March 2017 (Europe/Australasia); Q2 2017 (North America)
Product Page http://www.lightwoodgames.com/picapix.php
Price: USD $ 5.00 / GBP £4.50 / EUR €5.00 / CAD $7.00 / AUD $7.00
DLC Extra Packs: USD $1.99 / GBP £1.99 / EUR €1.99 / CAD $2.99 / AUD $2.99
DLC "Giant" packs: USD $2.99 / GBP £2.99 / EUR €2.99 / CAD 3.99 / AUD $3.99
Age Rating: PEGI 3; USK 0; ACB G; ESRB E for Everyone
Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
This comes from the developer Dreadlocks on Kickstarter...
''The development of WiiU version has stopped for a while because we had to re-assign our human resources to more urgent tasks. But it’s only temporary and works on WiiU will continue on beginning of May. We’re still aiming to release it this year.''
The following information was translated by Gematsu...
Animation and music
- opening animation is being handled by A-1 Productions, which is known for works such as Sword Art Online
- features the opening theme song ''Rakka Ryuusui'' performed by Haruka Shimotsuki
- Yoko Shimomura, who handled the music in the DS version, returns for Nintendo 3DS remake
- music from the DS version will appear, as well as five new tracks, including the opening theme ''Rakka Ryuusui''
- 3DS remake of Radiant Historia offers event illustrations that were not in the DS version of the game
- character designer Masaki Hirooka and Lack, known for trading card games and light novels, are handling these scenes
- setting is the large continent Vainqueur, which has been turned into a desert
- was a war between the western kingdom of Granorg and the eastern country of Alistel over the remaining green land.
- in the midst of this great war, the protagonist Stocke, by awakening a magical book called the ''White Chronicle,'' acquires the special power to redo the past
- a number of parallel worlds, including ''Standard History,'' ''Alternate History,'' and ''Sub-History''
- in order to change possible tragedy and save the fate of a world on its way to ruin, choose the path with a ray of hope
- characters from Nintendo DS version will appear with refined illustrations from character designer Masaki Hirooka
- voice acting has been added, which make the story even more dramatic
- new character named Nemesia will make her appearance
- she is a historian that doesn’t belong to either the ''Standard History'' or ''Alternate History''
- appears in the new ''Sub-History''', both her purpose and origin are truly a mystery
- seems to be taking various travels in seeking a material known as ''Artifact''
- characters and voice actors:
Stocke (voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi)
Nemesia (voiced by Mikako Komatsu)
Eruca (voiced by Rie Takahashi)
Aht (voiced by Tomoyo Kurosawa)
Raynie (voiced by Ayane Sakura)
Marco (voiced by Yoshitaka Yamaya)
Rosch (voiced by Wataru Hatano)
Gafka (voiced by Takaya Kuroda)
- voice cast:
Yukana and more (50 total)
- Stocke, the protagonist, will traverse the timeline with the power of the ''White Chronicle'' and confront a number of destinies
- own decisions will significantly influence the story, travel the timeline and change your destiny
- at the first crossroads, the story branches into two paths
- you can ''continue as a spy for the Special Intelligence agents'' (Standard History) or ''join the army and fight alongside your close friend'' (Alternate History)
- can proceed on either path, but with the power of the White Chronicle you can traverse the timeline and save the ruined world
- branching destinies are recorded as ''Time Seals,'' which you can return to later
- Stocke can use field actions such as blowing up rocks, moving heavy objects, and moving stealthily to sneak into enemy territory
- game uses a friendly command battle system that also has depth
- can thrust away at enemies, gather them in one place to annihilate them all at once, swap turn orders to connect the turn of an ally and drive in a combo, and aim to deal great to the enemy
- new elements that weren’t in the DS version will be detailed in the future
World of Historia and modes
- History, the world between time, is a place that is a starting point for changing history
- Stocke, the protagonist, can travel the timeline and move between the past and futures of the two parallel worlds of ''Standard History'' and ''Alternate History''
- as the result of something happening, Stocke can travel to another potential world that is not Standard History or Alternate History, but rather ''Sub-History''
- Lippti (voiced by Maaya Uchida) and Teo (voiced by Miyu Tomita) are the guides of Historia that show the way to the owner of the White Chronicle
- two modes available in Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
- for users who have played the DS version, ''Perfect Mode'' lets you play the new ''Sub-History'' from the beginning in addition to the stories from the original game
- for users who have yet to play Radiant Historia and want the story to gradually unfold, ''Append Mode'' starts from the stories of the previous game
- unlocks the new ''Sub-History'' after those have been cleared
- difficulty selection, which was not in the Nintendo DS version, has been added to the Nintendo 3DS remake
- three difficulties: Friendly, Normal and Hard
- can be selected based on your play style
- with the “Friendly” difficulty, you can also defeat enemies on the field with a ''Hyper Smash'' attack
- even when you use a Hyper Smash to defeat enemies, you can earn experience points and money, allowing you to play with a peace of mind
1. Pokemon Yellow
2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
3. Super Mario Bros. 3
4. Pokemon Red
5. Zelda: A Link to the Past
6. Monster Hunter Generations
7. The Legend of Zelda
8. Super Mario World
9. Blaster Master Zero
10. Pokemon Blue
11. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
12. Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo
13. Mario Kart 7
14. Super Mario Bros.
15. Pokemon Sun
16. Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX
17. SteamWorld Dig
18. Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns
19. Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
20. Zelda: Oracle of Ages
1. Mario Sports Superstars Launch Trailer
2. Super Mario Maker for 3DS – Overview Trailer
3. Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World TV Spot
4. Pokemon Sun/Moon Special Demo Version Video
5. Nikki’s Tour of Swapdoodle
6. Super Mario Odyssey Nintendo Switch Presentation Trailer
7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Nintendo Switch Presentation Trailer
8. Pokemon Sun/Moon – Top 7 Features
9. Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
10. Super Smash Bros. – Final Video Presentation
11. Pokemon Yellow Trailer
12. Pokemon Rumble World Trailer
13. Super Mario Maker for 3DS – Play everywhere.
14. Mario Kart 7 Video
15. Blaster Master Zero Trailer
16. Pokemon Bank Trailer
17. Super Mario World Trailer
18. Welcome to Tank Troopers
19. Splatoon 2 Nintendo Switch Presentation Trailer
20. IronFall Trailer