- Nintendo is focused on creating the next big idea
- reaction to Switch has been remarkable
- as of March 14th, when the interview was recorded, Switch was setting sales records every day for Nintendo in the U.S.
- Nintendo is going to have a big E3 this year
- E3 will be a majority opportunity for Nintendo
The following info comes from Nintendo’s Shinya Takahashi, as translated by NE...
- Nintendo is preparing new IP one after another
- there are titles inn development that take advantage of the Joy-Con
- Nintendo is also working on "out-of-the-box titles", meaning more non-traditional games like Brain Age
- Brain Age was used as an example by the interviewer, and was in no way confirmed for Switch
Looking to play Splatoon 2 on the go and using your phone's hotspot capabilities to get online? Tethering is no issue at all, but how much data does the game eat up? According to some tests, it seems a full hour of Global Testfire gameplay eats up about 150mb of data. That's honestly not too bad at all for what Splatoon 2 is doing!
Nintendo is back
"An iconic videogames device is going to be relaunched in a new version called Nintendo Switch, which is a mix between console and tablet; it comes with a 6.2 inch screen and two detachable controllers, which allows two people to interact at the same time. Definitely, the new gadget retains the DNA of the 80s popular game"
Obviously written by someone who doesn't follow gaming too much, but it's a really positive piece. On top of that, it's reaching eyes that wouldn't normally see anything about the Switch. Pretty cool to see!
How on earth did I not think of some of these things?! Has anyone seen a distance any further than this?! This element of the game could be a competition in and of itself!
Coming from DuelShockers interview with Inti Creates Takuya Aizu...
DS: With Blaster Master Zero now available on Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS, what’s next from Inti Creates?
Takuya Aizu: We have two big projects coming up: the first we’re aiming to announce early Summer – the second will be closer to the end of the year.
A thread over on Reddit points to some issues with the Mario Sports Superstars amiibo cards not working. They simply won't scan in as they should. It doesn't seem that all cards are having this issues, but multiple batches are having problems. Out of all the cards, it seems the horse cards are having the most issues. Thanks to Uncle Bob for the heads up.