- people searched for “Pokémon Go” on Google one-tenth as many times the week of September 18 compared to the peak of the mobile game’s popularity during the week of July 10
- the game is still generating five times as many Google queries as Clash Royale
I’d also like to reiterate our plan to offer user polls and allow everyone a chance to weigh in on certain aspects of the game. In fact, why don’t we hit the ground running and start talking about playable characters? Our hope for Runner3 is to offer a roster of characters both old and new, and while we have a list that we’re super excited about internally, we’d like to hear what you all think! Which characters are you hoping return for Runner3? And who, in your wildest dreams, would you like to see added to the game? It can be a character from another property, or it can be a character you made up in your head!
Yes, you read that right. Yoshiller is stepping in to take care of a round today! Poor NintenDaan is suffering from some hardware issues on his laptop. That's never a fun thing and we wish his sick computer a speedy recovery. While he handles that, Yoshiller has come to save the day.
He'll be taking on site work from now until around 10 PM ET. That's when I pick up where he leaves off. In other words, enjoy your surprise Yoshiller block while you can and I'll see you tonight!
- 72 Pokemon GO players have filed complaints with the Federal Trade Commission since the game’s July launch.
- 56 of the complaints were directed at Niantic
- the rest of the complaints were aimed at Nintendo and The Pokémon Company
- multiple users complained about money spent and wanted refunds after third-party tracking apps were blocked
- others complained about invasion of privacy, including gym/PokeStop locations and trespassing
- some complained about children and safety issues