- multiplayer for up to five players in an arena
Arena: Be the first to reach the target score to win.
Survivor: Battle with a fixed number of lives.
Deadline: Time-based mode. Get as many kills within the time limit to win.
Last Stand: A single life per round. The player left at the end of each round is the winner.
Titan: One player is randomly selected to become the Titan, a boss-like ship with extra firepower and recharging shields. Other players have to take the Titan down. The player that does then becomes the Titan. Only the Titan can score points for killing other players, but all other players can shoot each other, so you'll find that snatching a kill away from the titan becomes a common event.
Battle Ball: Chase the ball and destroy it before other players do, or before it destroys you.
King: Fight over a highlighted part of the map.
Control: Hold the most control points to get more points. Reach the point target to win.
- top-down twin-stick shooter
- some items and customization elements
- choose from ships that are strongest defensively, offensively, or in their agility
- various secondary weapons to choose from
- secondary weapons vary from destructive weapons, spread weapons or even deployable drones
- elements such as Ice and Fire can be collected and change your primary attack to freeze and slow down enemies
- endless 'Onslaught' co-op mode in which you tackle waves of enemies with buddies
- when you are destroyed in this mode, there's a re-spawn time that increases with each death
- if both you and your partner are dead at the same time, it's game over
- campaign mode can be played solo or in co-op for up to five players
- it consists of four worlds and as many bosse
- find ships and abilities in the campaign
- follows the story of marooned pilot Kate