Nintendo Switch players! We're going to have a huge announcement on Thursday for you as a thank you for your patience - stay tuned!— NBA Playgrounds (@nba_playgrounds) May 26, 2017
I want to point out that this announcement may tie into the details of online play for the Switch version, but there's more to it than that. The dev team specifically said that the news they're going to share is part of a thank-you to Switch owners for waiting patiently for the online play patch.
Join Captain Olimar’s First 2D Adventure
Captain Olimar has crashed on an unknown planet inhabited by Pikmin™! And his first 2D platformer will give you a new perspective on his adorably fierce partners.
Touch the screen to throw Pikmin into action: swim with Blue Pikmin, fly with Winged Pikmin, and more to survive hostile wildlife, solve ecological puzzles, and escape!
Help Captain Olimar explore and escape a new world by guiding him and his Pikmin with the stylus.
Olimar is a half-pint hero on a personal mission to save himself.
Get a new perspective on the powers and personalities of Pikmin.
Tap the touchscreen to choose Pikmin and toss them at objects or enemies.
Works with compatible amiibo™ figures, including the Pikmin amiibo figure. Details coming soon.
- development began in earnest in 2015
- the game was originally only intended for PS4
- since the dev team wanted as many people to play the game as possible, they decided to develop for 3DS as well
- to make sure 3DS players didn’t feel like they were getting an inferior version, the idea of 2D and 3D modes was implemented
たくさんの方に参加いただけて…感激でした！— ARMS協会広報アカウント コブッター (@ARMS_Cobutter) May 27, 2017
ARMS は「おすそわけ」にも対応しています。— ARMS協会広報アカウント コブッター (@ARMS_Cobutter) May 27, 2017
「ウデだめし」への参加は、1台の本体から同時に2人まで！— ARMS協会広報アカウント コブッター (@ARMS_Cobutter) May 27, 2017
のびーるウデだめし、おつかれさまでした！— ARMS協会広報アカウント コブッター (@ARMS_Cobutter) May 27, 2017
Splatoon 2 - no voice chat with strangers, better integration of unlockable content in various modes
Coming from a GamesTM interview with director Yusuke Amano and producer Hisashi Nogami...
On voice chat
“The reason we included voice chat is because we wanted users who already know each other to enjoy the game more deeply using a communication tool that’s linked to the game.” - Amano
“Voice chat can only be used when playing with someone you know, such as in private matchmaking; voice chat with someone you don’t know in random matchmaking won’t happen.” - Nogami
- better integration of unlocks from the Hero, Battle and Salmon Run Modes into all multiplayer modes
- you can also use some of the unlocks from multiplayer mode in Hero Mode
01. Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete (3DS) - 771
02. Splatoon 2 (Switch) - 413
03. The Alliance Alive (3DS) - 332
04. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) - 217
05. The Snack World: Trejarers (3DS) - 190
06. Hey! Pikmin (3DS) - 187
07. ARMS (Switch) - 180
08. Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology (3DS) - 173
09. Seiken Densetsu Collection (Switch) - 140
10. Xenoblade 2 (Switch) - 135
11. Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken (3DS) - 122
12. Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katriel to Daifugou no Inbou (3DS) - 120
13. Sekaiju to Fushigi no Dungeon 2 (3DS) - 107
14. Shin Megami Tensei DEEP STRANGE JOURNEY (3DS) - 94
15. Fire Emblem Musou (Switch) - 84
16. Tantei Jinguji Saburo: GHOST OF THE DUSK (3DS) - below 84
17. Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete (Switch) - below 84
18. Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (Switch) - below 84
19. Fire Emblem Musou (3DS) - below 84
This list only contains Nintendo-related titles. The list of all games will be posted at a later date.
GoNNER is a tough as hell score-based procedurally-generated platformer with roguelike elements. GoNNER is also a story about friendship between Ikk, Death, and a space whale named Sally.
You will die. A lot. This is by design, but it's not made to feel unfair. You'll eventually get the hang of GoNNER, so don't lose your head. But even if you do it's okay cause we have a lot of replacement heads you can use.
DAILY CHALLENGES! Only playable once a day. Levels are randomly generated but in this mode everybody plays the same world and use an identical loadout. Everything resets at midnight (Swedish time, UTC+1). Can you crush your leaderboard foes?
PROCEDURALLY GENERATED! Every time you play the game the levels will be different and present unique challenges and opportunities.
UNLOCKS! You'll be able to choose from a variety of passive and active abilities at the beginning of each run so be sure to experiment with all of them and find the play style that best suits you.
SECRETS! Secret areas exist in the world of GoNNER, and these areas will get you different items that you can then always use from the beginning of each run. We're not going to tell you how you get to these areas or what the criteria is for even finding them because secrets, duh.
LEADERBOARDS! Kill creatures, get combos, score points, and brag to your friends how much better you are than them.
MUSIC! It's really freaking good.