Slain! will be hitting digital PC stores on December 9th 2015! Consoles releases mid-late Q1 2016. pic.twitter.com/RMA1HUjWjx— Slain! (@SlainWBG) September 18, 2015
Thanks to Thisguymaca for the heads up!
- multiplayer for up to five players in an arena
Arena: Be the first to reach the target score to win.
Survivor: Battle with a fixed number of lives.
Deadline: Time-based mode. Get as many kills within the time limit to win.
Last Stand: A single life per round. The player left at the end of each round is the winner.
Titan: One player is randomly selected to become the Titan, a boss-like ship with extra firepower and recharging shields. Other players have to take the Titan down. The player that does then becomes the Titan. Only the Titan can score points for killing other players, but all other players can shoot each other, so you'll find that snatching a kill away from the titan becomes a common event.
Battle Ball: Chase the ball and destroy it before other players do, or before it destroys you.
King: Fight over a highlighted part of the map.
Control: Hold the most control points to get more points. Reach the point target to win.
- top-down twin-stick shooter
- some items and customization elements
- choose from ships that are strongest defensively, offensively, or in their agility
- various secondary weapons to choose from
- secondary weapons vary from destructive weapons, spread weapons or even deployable drones
- elements such as Ice and Fire can be collected and change your primary attack to freeze and slow down enemies
- endless 'Onslaught' co-op mode in which you tackle waves of enemies with buddies
- when you are destroyed in this mode, there's a re-spawn time that increases with each death
- if both you and your partner are dead at the same time, it's game over
- campaign mode can be played solo or in co-op for up to five players
- it consists of four worlds and as many bosse
- find ships and abilities in the campaign
- follows the story of marooned pilot Kate
Coming from a GamesTM feature with Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka...
On designing the challenge and difficulty of Mario games:
“For me one of the things was maybe the gap between the really advanced players and the first-time players. The difficulty balance is always something that I hear frustrations about from the public, whichever way we decide to go. We always have the testing team test our game, but whatever they say is really fun, the first-time players might consider to be very difficult. One of the things I do sometimes at the later phases of development is go in and hear the testing team’s requests and actually pull that away and lower the barrier or change what it is they want. Sometimes I even hear from the testing team, ‘You’re destroying the fun’, but on the other hand, the flipside is you hear the first-time players saying ‘If I can’t clear a level it’s not fun for me. If I can’t complete a game it’s not fun for me’. The more years that have passed, the gap between advanced and first-time players has become wider.” - Miyamoto
“Even though we put a lot of time and effort into trying to balance the difficulty, when we actually release there are a good group of people who can’t complete the whole game, and so we always have that internal struggle of the gap between the advanced and first-time players. That’s why one of the things we’re trying with Yoshi’s Woolly World is to have two different versions of events for the advanced and the beginner players. We changed the performance of it, but then even in the beginner mode we did put a lot of stuff in there so that advanced players can still have fun. We put a lot of time and effort into trying to balance that out.” - Tezuka
Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition: Facing off in Marvel’s Battlegrounds
Sat. October 10| 4:00 PM - 4:45 PM | Empire Stage 1-E
Disney Interactive presents a behind-the-scenes look at the new Marvel Play Set for Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, this year’s must-have family game! Set to launch in 2016, the Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set introduces a new style of gameplay to the Disney Infinity platform, along with popular Marvel characters Hulkbuster, Ultron and others. Featuring an in-depth look at the Play Set, Special Guests from the Disney Infinity team, Avalanche Software, United Front Games and Marvel and figure giveaways!
Placed after the jump due to autoplay...