Some of this content might be considered spoiler territory, so only read on if you don't mind a few game elements spoiled for you.
- old male dog who lives together with the nine people in the facility
- can go through small air ducts that humans cannot
- connects the three teams by having a tube on its necklace which can be inserted with paper
- Team C uses it to send messages with other teams
- mastermind who enacts the “Decision Game”
- wears a mask and processes his voice so that nobody can know his true identity
- never shows himself in person
- watches and speaks with the nine people through monitors
- player is given important selections within a time limit
- many parts with multiple results to consider
- the player will need to think thoroughly while considering the effect to the story
- example: Team D is trapped in a waste disposal room. Fi is trapped inside an incinerator, while Sigma is being held to a chair with a gun set up behind his head. The incinerator will activate unless its door is unlocked when the gun trigger is pulled within a few seconds. The gun has a 50-50 chance between shooting a blank or a live bullet. Do you pull the trigger?
- possible outcomes:
NO: Diana doesn’t pull the trigger
– Fi dies getting burned in the incinerator. However, Fi doesn’t feel any panic or resentment against Diana as they talk for the last time.
YES: Diana does pull the trigger
– 50% chance of a live bullet: Sigma instantly killed. Fi is rescued, however she becomes very enraged towards Diana for becoming a murderer.
– 50% chance of firing a blank: Nobody dies. In this best scenario, Fi, who normally doesn’t show her emotions, has an emotion overflow when Sigma is safe and alright.
- introduces a scenario for Team D
- they enter the Transporter Room and must solve the mystery of the transporter
- goal is to activate this device from an otherworldly civilizatio
- scenario starts with a couple of pictured cards on player’s possession
- cards need to be placed on a blue board in specific ways
- “There are ‘two’ ways to interpret numbers in this civilization"
- a 3D printer prints 10-sided reels is available
- there's also a mysterious handlebar that must be attached with a number of these reels in a very specific positioning
- some quests have exploration systems, but some others are completely focused on solving riddles
- the latter quests have a high volume of gimmicks
Story introduction for Team C
- Junpei and Akane are reunited after a long time since the events of the first game Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
- the two used to be connected with strong bonds
- ever since getting assigned to Team C in this game, they always have conflicting opinions
- team leader Carlos is also often getting pressured with crucial decisions (that may affect the other two)…
- hot-blooded manly firefighter who is brimming with a sense of justice
- has a younger sister with a terminal illness who he deeply cares for
- vows to get out of this facility to return to her
- Akane’s childhood friend
- after the incident the year before, he entered the underground community to find Akane who was missing
- has a rough, wild mind
- neat looks and a sharp and able person
- skilled in wiles
- leads a secret society that wishes for a peaceful future