The following information comes from an inside source...
- working to make it so Wii U can simultaneously support two tablet controllers
- numerous indications within the Wii U codebase that point to this
- RAM capacity and processor speed still not final
- Nintendo appears to be on the cusp of solving the technical issue for two player
- 4-player tablet support not likely
- “Nintendo now know they absolutely need to support two tablets. At E3 they didn’t commit to this, but they know how important it is to make it technically feasible to support two screens. Even if that affects framerate, as a developer and player, I don’t care. It needs to work. Developers will design appropriate games for this. If you’re building a quiz game you’re not going to give a shit about the framerate.”