Goriginal Content

Shantae review!

Fantasy Life review

EoD - Instagram fun

Xeodrifter diary #12

GN Podcast #479

EoD - Wii U holiday
 

Monolith Soft talks upcoming Wii U project, goal to become the next Bethesda

Wii U project

- will be a challenging game that will get people together
- expect it to be both very flashy and addicting
- decided that if they were going to jump into the next generation, they’d like to have the perfect team in order to do it the right way
- they believe working alongside Nintendo will be a huge advantage
- they believe they should have a better understanding o the Wii U from Nintendo

The following comments come from Monolith Soft’s Michihiko Inaba and executive producer, Hirohide Sugiura...

Inaba: “I’d like to make an HD game that will wow the players. I want to show that Japan can still keep up with the USA when it comes next gen technology. Our goal is to become something like the developers of the Fallout series, Bethesda Softworks.”

Sugiura: “I believe that today’s Japanese gaming industry has lost its touch, and we’d like to do something to change that.”

Link

Also check out:
Discussion Preview
75 total comments (View all)
No Avatar
15 Dec 2012 13:19

Johnknight1 wrote:Wow, lots of Japan-only fans who hate everything on the 360 or PS3 for small issues like bugs. Maybe some of you are just butthurt Skyrim and Fallout 3 didn't come out on that white GameCube with motion controls.

At least with Skyrim, we didn't have to beg for it to be localized.

For all of you whining babies complaining about glitches, Skyrim and Fallout's glitches aren't game breaking. Unlike Nintendo games over the past 10 years, most glitches are caused by having tons of content (instead of minimal content, like the small worlds of the Super Mario Galaxy [God that game was small, short, and stupid easy] and Zelda [Skyward Sword was sooooo small] games over the 7th generation of gaming), and because those games are trying to push the (then) newest consoles to their max, instead of just flow with an outdated console (basically, the Metroid Prime 3 approach [this is part of why I consider Prime 3 the best Wii game ever].

Also, consider this: Ocarina of Time is famous for its' glitches and bugs. Super Mario 64 is filled with glitches. All of the Mario Kart games have tons of glitches. Every Smash Bros. game has at least a few glitches per character. Brawl probably has more glitches than Skyrim, despite being a much smaller game, as well as 2D. :lol:

Seriously you stupid noobs, stop complaining about games and play them. Besides that, why are you complaining about epic games like Skyrim and Fallout when Nintendo produces garbage games like Mario Party and Mario Sluggers=??? :lol:

Stop being fanboys, and start being gamers. You sissies complaining about Skyrim just shows how obsessed you are with defending you are with your company. Stop complaining, and start gaming with an open mind.


I play all the western games and enjoy them too. Some of us are just sick of the imbalance in gaming media towards these giant buggy games that lose their fun after awhile. Some of us happen to prefer the unique and strange worlds created by a focused RPG that breaks new ground. You are the kind of gamer that is limited, not players like me who play everything.

I just happen to be tired of the misrepresentation of JRPG's and their action games. It doesn't prevent me from enjoying God of War, or Fallout, or whatever.
No Avatar
15 Dec 2012 13:51

just make a Xenoblade with HD graphics and they will be much better than Bethesda (sorry I hate Fallout 3).
No Avatar
15 Dec 2012 13:54

This is huge. Hype level just maxed out. As if I don't love the Wii U already. And then there's the stuff that's on the way... the next few years will kill!
No Avatar
15 Dec 2012 14:18

Xenoblade Chronicles became my favorite Wii game, and actually my favorite game of all time, dethroning Ocarina of Time after a 15 year reign.

I already consider them superior to Bethesda. They created a MASSIVE world in Xenoblade, utterly mind-blowingly huge, and I never once ran into a single, solitary bug of any kind.
User avatar
15 Dec 2012 15:31

Good way to do this, especially in the eyes outside of Japan, is get their games localized more. Just saying.
User avatar
15 Dec 2012 16:36

BossBattles wrote:I play all the western games and enjoy them too. Some of us are just sick of the imbalance in gaming media towards these giant buggy games that lose their fun after awhile. Some of us happen to prefer the unique and strange worlds created by a focused RPG that breaks new ground. You are the kind of gamer that is limited, not players like me who play everything.

I just happen to be tired of the misrepresentation of JRPG's and their action games. It doesn't prevent me from enjoying God of War, or Fallout, or whatever.

"You are the kind of gamer that is limited, not players like me who play everything." Please son, I've been gaming since before you were born. I play every freaking genre. And who are you to judge me anyways? It's not like you have a visible look at my game library.

And Skyrim isn't that buggy, especially compared to earlier entries. There's a few graphical glitches (which btw, I noticed Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask have a ton of them), some gameplay interfering bugs. Really, the only bugs I've run into are these superficial ones that don't effect gameplay that much. These glitches are stuff such as quest items being stuck to you permanently, getting stuck for a short period of time (I've had that happen to me much worse in Zelda and Mario games) an enemy spawning after you fast travel, etc.

It's just some people (I'm not going to target you, despite you insulting and stereotyping me out of sheer ignorance) have such a Japanese developers/Nintendo bias that they look they other way when Japanese developers/Nintendo does it. To say it simply, there's not much difference between Japan and the West.

And to put it simply, Xenoblade was one of a small handful of JRPG's to break new ground in the last 5 years. The genre as a whole doesn't have a lot of ground left to break, especially with Square Enix dropping in quality steadily over the last 15 years.

Also, the definition of "fun" in a game like Skyrim (which I think there is always fun in it; stealing stuff, loads of missions, exploring cool places) is totally different from individual to individual. At least with Skyrim, there's always something fun to do, unlike every Nintendo home console RPG since the GameCube not called Xenoblades or the Wind Waker (Twilight Princess is worthless after you beat it).
User avatar
15 Dec 2012 17:00

@Johnknight1

"And who are you to judge me anyways?"

Lol, this coming from the guy who broadly assume the everyone that doesn't bow down to Bethesda's mediocre overhyped dreck is:

-fanboy
-Japan-only gamer
-hates everything on PS3/360
-never played any Bethesda games and is just parroting popular opinion
-stupid noob and sissies (real mature, mate! you sure showed us all of us close-minded Nintendo fanboys! xD)

And now you are whining about being judged. L-O-L

"To say it simply, there's not much difference between Japan and the West."

Ok and? NO ONE in this thread anything like that, you are just making things up to justify your unwarrented elitism.

Monolith said they want to be the next Bethesda, which many of us don't like to hear (and rightfully so). Monolith should do their own thing, and the fact that Baten Kaitos and Xenoblade are vastly superior to crap like Skyrim and Fallout 3 proves that.

The only fanboys here are YOU and the army of holier-than-thou Bethesda fanboys who can't handle dissenting opinions. Shoot, that zombiedsz guy does not even attempt to counter any points, he just says "they sold alot and I think they're awesome so they must be!!".

"At least with Skyrim, there's always something fun to do"

Lol, like what? Walking around wasting time looking for pointless items? Exploring generic, rehashed dungeons with clickclickclickclickclick combat where there is no skill involved? "Exploring" the generic, overuse LotR world and story that Western devs have been using since forever? Lol.
User avatar
15 Dec 2012 17:05

MegaShock100 wrote:@Johnknight1

The stupid here is YOU with your crappy arguments.

Calm down fanboy. It's called a debate.
MegaShock100 wrote:Skyrim is so big? So the fuck what? I rather take a GOOD, polished "little" game like Mario Galaxy than a pointlessly big, waste of time game with crappy mechanics like Skyrim. And I'd like to see Bestheda make something even CLOSE to the quality of Galaxy, or even one of Nintendo's third-rate games like Sticker Star.

To be fair, I am a Mario fan, and have been since I played my 1st Mario game 2 decades ago with my grandfather and father (Mario 3 for the win!). My grandfather actually had been a serious gamer since the first Pong came out.

Anyways, I just hate how the series has regressed. It went from being hard to being stupid easy, without even a difficulty level. Which, btw, most recent games, Western and Eastern, have difficulty levels, and Nintendo needs to utilize them more often! I love that they have more options for players with less skill level so they can experience the whole game, but Nintendo also has to make games more fun for those of us who find the current state and difficulty rather drab and easy.

Mario games got smaller and more linear after they went 3D. Sunshine is more linear than Super Mario 64, and both Galaxy games are more linear than Sunshine. The only way you die in Galaxy is from the awkwardness of the Wiimote+Nunchuck combo in some situations, glitches when the gravity change, or from you being new-ish to the game. I can't tell you how many times I died in Galaxy 1 and 2 from glitches; it's a ridiculous amount. It has easily effected my play more than Skyrim.

As for Sticker Star, I won't even go there. Whatever Miyamoto suggested was a pure failure. But hey, I guess for a gazillion mind-blowing great ideas you have, you have a few stinkers. That's okay with me, I can live that. I guess games work the same way, too. We can look over the small bad details, and focus on the overall game, which is something great!
MegaShock100 wrote:Prime 3 is the best Wii game? Lmao, sure, just goes to show how much you know about games design beyond superficial stuff like "itz so big and epic!!!!!1!".

Prime 3 I think is the best Wii game because of the atmosphere, the awesome boss battles, the fun puzzles, the challenge (seriously, both Mario and Zelda games this generation were so easy, my 2 year old gamer self would have scoffed at the "challenge;" other than that and the limited worlds [way smaller than their 2D predecessors], weak technology, and glitches, they were great), the bosses, the feel, the scope, and the intangibles.

It's the same reason I think Prime 1 is the best GameCube game (outside of Melee).

Also, it's called an opinion, which I am allowed to have.
MegaShock100 wrote:Nintendo are famous for glitches? Yeah, they're famous because those glitches were NOT detrimental to the game and, in fact, were used to make games BETTER (e.g. speed-runs, competition, humor, etc.). Skyrim's glitches are annoying performance issues because Bethesda bites off more than it can chew.

Most 3D Nintendo game glitches do not make them better. 2D is a different story, because those games are easier to design (and quite frankly, it's funny, because Nintendo makes their 2D games a lot better and a lot less linear than their 3D games).

And like I said with both Galaxy games, the game's inconsistent gravity changes have killed me a plethora of times. It still doesn't make those games anything from spectacular. However, if you're going to make the glitches take away something from Skyrim, I'm going to say both Mario Galaxy games have greater glitches and technological issues. And to be quite frank, technology-wise Nintendo should bite more than they can chew, rather than ever use the Wii cheap model again (except for an out of date console, like if they did that to the GameCube with a new model 5 years ago).

And before you say "I don't know Mario Galaxy" I beat both games at least 3 times, like all Mario platform games I have played (which is all of them up to Mario Galaxy 2). I'm a bit of an addict, you see, as well as a fan.
MegaShock100 wrote:Nintendo makes minigames? Ok, what's your point? That's right, nothing. You have no points! xD

They make crappy games, too, like Mario Party 4, that stupid Donkey Kong racing game on the Wii with 2002 GameCube graphics, and Four Swords Adventures (man those GBA-GCN wires were awful for a game idea!).
MegaShock100 wrote:Stop being fanboys? No, you stop being a holier-than-thou hipster trying to look all mature and wise with the contrarian opinion.

No, I'm being the honest and truthful to these people saying "grrh, the West sucks." I'm also not generalizing people who are acting intelligently, unlike yourself. Then again, you aren't acting intelligently.
MegaShock100 wrote:Fact of the matter is, Skyrim and Fallout 3 SUCK, and I have analyzed them more than all of you COMBINED so that's why I have the superior opinion. Plus, most fans of the first Fallout hated Fallout 3 and most fans of Morrowind hated Skyrim, so you all who like these games were just bought by the hype, not by the actual quality.

Also, check your pms.

Gamers have different opinions, and saying your opinion is superior is rather childish. Ingrate I might say so myself. Also, relying on hyperbole like "all people prefer this over that" makes your argument sound even more immature, especially since you don't know everyone who played "x game before y game."

And for the record, I got the first Fallout when it came out, yet despite that and your hyperbole that all fans of that game hate the sequels, I still absolutely love Fallout 3. I thought it was slightly better than the 1st, but levels below the 2nd. And even then, the first 2 Fallout games, and especially the Tactics games, all had lots and lots of glitches, and that's despite them being a mix of 2D and 3D. I also first got into the Elder Scrolls a year after Morrowind came out, and I personally think Skyrim is the funnest and most balanced game in series. It also has a lot less glitches than previous games (lol paint brushes in Oblivion before the patch).

Also, face it: every 3D game has lots of glitches! The difference is, Bethesda fixes their big ones, unlike Nintendo. That and they release games on multiple platforms, including multiple PC models. So naturally, everything won't be as fine tested. Despite this, I still get stuck in walls and stuff in 3D Mario and Zelda games from time to time. It doesn't make those games much less enjoyable. I just find ways out of them, and try not to do it again.

As for your PM, I won't respond. If you want to talk Smash Bros, come to an intelligent place I call SmashBoards, where I will win all debates with you in a civil manner over a nice cup of English tea.
User avatar
15 Dec 2012 17:08

Johnknight1 wrote:Wow, lots of Japan-only fans who hate everything on the 360 or PS3 for small issues like bugs. Maybe some of you are just butthurt Skyrim and Fallout 3 didn't come out on that white GameCube with motion controls.

At least with Skyrim, we didn't have to beg for it to be localized.

For all of you whining babies complaining about glitches, Skyrim and Fallout's glitches aren't game breaking.



Troll much? It's not a "debate", if all you're doing in your "argument", is running down Nintendo fans, who have the AUDACITY to point out the fact that Monolith Soft could do better than try to emulate Bethesda.

Me PERSONALLY, I own Skyrim. It's an OKAY game, with some very good ideas, but it also falls short in a lot that it tries to accomplish. Don't get me wrong. I've had some good fun with it, and put in some solid hours of gameplay. But yes, that gameplay was marred from the start by some (close enough to) "game-breaking" glitches and bugs that really disrupted, and very nearly ruined the game experience. There were several times when I encountered bugs that simply did not let me complete a mission, and having to go back to an older save point and "try again, crossing your fingers this time that the bug doesn't re-appear", is not a desirable gameplay option.

I would never call Skyrim a BAD game, and it's certainly the best of the Elder Scrolls series thus far, but it feels like if Bethesda had put just a LITTLE more effort while developing it, fleshing out a couple of concepts that they only touched upon, and gave the player a few MORE storyline options that would have made perfect sense, along with ironing out some of these major glitches in the first place, it would have been a better game. But even so, good game that it is, it's STILL not the mindblowing experience some make it out to be.

And to infer that Nintendo puts out games that are buggy the likes of Bethesda? Not even remotely close. Nintendo is well known for being one of the developers to have the fewest bugs, and highest level of polish in their games. Sure, Skyward Sword had one major gamebreaking glitch if you did things in the wrong order at a key point in the game, but they patched that, and you could easily avoid it anyway. Skyrim, on the other hand, as just ONE example of this from Bethesda, absolutely riddled with glitches and bugs. I discover a new one just about every other time that I play, at least. It doesn't BREAK the gaming experience....but it's goddamn annoying.


So please, turn off the snotty attitude. All most of us are saying is, you can certainly aim a lot higher than wanting to match Bethesda, of all companies. They're not exactly THE benchmark for quality, after all.
User avatar
15 Dec 2012 17:16

MegaShock100 wrote:@Johnknight1

"And who are you to judge me anyways?"

Lol, this coming from the guy who broadly assume the everyone that doesn't bow down to Bethesda's mediocre overhyped dreck is:

-fanboy
-Japan-only gamer
-hates everything on PS3/360
-never played any Bethesda games and is just parroting popular opinion
-stupid noob and sissies (real mature, mate! you sure showed us all of us close-minded Nintendo fanboys! xD)

That is because all of my message was aimed at those who were blatantly those things. If you felt insulted otherwise, either you don't believe you fit into any of those categories but you actually do, or you are simply associating yourself with these categories wrongly.
MegaShock100 wrote:NO ONE in this thread anything like that, you are just making things up to justify your unwarrented elitism.

I'm just ashamed that people like you share the same breath as me and call yourself "gamers." No, you're not gamers. You are fanboys who hate people who like other things that aren't supported by your fanboyism. It's a rather silly way of viewing the world. Trust me, being open-minded to things is fun! :D
MegaShock100 wrote: Monolith said they want to be the next Bethesda, which many of us don't like to hear (and rightfully so). Monolith should do their own thing, and the fact that Baten Kaitos and Xenoblade are vastly superior to crap like Skyrim and Fallout 3 proves that.

This person from Monolith says they want to be like Bethesda, as in the big feel of their game and how open everything feels, as well as just as big as they are financially and internationally. Bethesda has games that are enjoyed by many unique individuals in many countries. That includes this guy.

http://lurkerfaqs.com/boards/213-nonstop-gaming-general/61294156/
MegaShock100 wrote:The only fanboys here are YOU and the army of holier-than-thou Bethesda fanboys who can't handle dissenting opinions. Shoot, that zombiedsz guy does not even attempt to counter any points, he just says "they sold alot and I think they're awesome so they must be!!".

Where did I say I was a fanboy. I merely enjoy playing games, including those made by Bethesda and Nintendo. Is that a cardinal sin=??? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend your hyperbole Nintendo religious zealot world. I merely just don't care that you have those opinions that interfere with my logical analysis.
MegaShock100 wrote:"At least with Skyrim, there's always something fun to do"

Lol, like what? Walking around wasting time looking for pointless items? Exploring generic, rehashed dungeons with clickclickclickclickclick combat where there is no skill involved? "Exploring" the generic, overuse LotR world and story that Western devs have been using since forever? Lol.

Isn't that all gaming is? Walking, violence, decision-making, pushing buttons (to force [technical] movement), and solving? In fact, that's all pretty much life is. It's how they are executed that makes both life and video games exciting.

Also, Zelda most definitely is inspired hardcore by LotR and medieval lore, much like the Elder Scrolls. It doesn't make it any less great.

Also, what is there to do in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword to do? A few quests and explore a small, drab, empty world? In Galaxy 1 and 2, all you can do is replay easy (yet fun) levels that are extremely linear. God I loved how sandbox-y Super Mario 64 and Majora's Mask are. I wish Nintendo would expand on that with their 3D big name franchises.
User avatar
15 Dec 2012 17:17

@Devil_Rising
I'm not running down fans, I'm running down fanboys who refuse to accept or see the truth in other peoples' opinions that are different than their own.

As for you bug comment, like I said, making a game for 3 consoles (including the PC, which is the hardest console to make games for), 2 of which are made by completely different companies (Sony and Microsoft, which are based in different parts of the world) is a lot harder than making a game for one console that the company you work for made.

Also, I'm not being snobby. I'm merely attacking those fanboys who act like anything not on a Nintendo console suck.

As for my localization comment, that's more aimed at certain members of Nintendo's senior management, which I think will be due for another round of firings in the next half decade or so, just like it was due for it 10 years ago. Why they didn't release the masterpiece that is Xenoblade Chronicles in the USA immediately is beyond me. Right when that console got stale (after I beat Super Mario Galaxy 2 the 3rd time), I could have really used that game to keep it fresh. Maybe they just didn't want to release a game that made the technology aspects of their upcoming Zelda release and nearly all of their 1st/2nd party releases look much weaker! :lol:
User avatar
15 Dec 2012 17:18

MegaShock100 wrote:Ugh Bethesda. They've done nothing remotely interesting and all the game they make are buggy glitch-fest. You just walk around in Skyrim doing nothing with the crappy clickclickclickclick combat, just play Dark Souls or Dragon's Dogma or Monster Hunter for good ARPG. Fallout 3 is just a slow and boring, drab, gray, monotonus environment where you just shoot things. Xenoblade is far better than anything Besthesda has make in recent years. Dishonored is full of flaws like how OP and abuseable Blink is. The stealth is broken and it doesn't fulfill the promises it made.

...you haven't even played their games, have you
User avatar
15 Dec 2012 17:23

@Shaanyboi
That's pure fanboyism hate right there. They hate wha they do not play in gaming because it is "different."

That's what I hate in gaming, everyone thinks with their fanboyism, instead of their unique perspective. On the flip side, I love hearing unique perspectives unadulterated by love or affiliation to one company or the next.

I don't know about you guys, but if I was a fanboy of the companies I grew up on, boy, I would make the Nintendo fanboys beyond logical debates folks look like non-gamers! XD
User avatar
15 Dec 2012 18:20

I enjoy Nintendo's games, I enjoy Bethesda's games, I enjoy Monolith's games. I win.
User avatar
15 Dec 2012 18:31

@Johnknight1


I feel like I'm being trolled, but you seem way to serious to be a troll. You wanna play? I can play, foo.

"Calm down fanboy. It's called a debate."

Lmao, a debate where you call people "stupid noobs" and "sissies"? xD

"Mario games got smaller and more linear after they went 3D. Sunshine is more linear than Super Mario 64, and both Galaxy games are more linear than Sunshine."

And how is that a bad thing? Super Mario 64 was godawful BECAUSE of it's open-world nonsense.

"I can't tell you how many times I died in Galaxy 1 and 2 from glitches; it's a ridiculous amount. It has easily effected my play more than Skyrim."

You can't tell me, because you're flat-out lying, lol. Died because of glitches? Please. Someone's clearly in denial (hint: it ain't me!). Dieing is alright, but making up excuses (for things that clearly don't exist) is just sad. I know you desperately wanna look like the authority here, but lying isn't gonna help you!

"Prime 3 I think is the best Wii game"

Alright, let's see why...

-Atmosphere

Ooh, the atmosphere!

-Bosses

Yeah, where you just lock into a glowing body part and plock, plock, plock, and its dead. If he attacks, just strafe or back-up. Amazing!

-puzzles

Like awkwardly twisting the Wiimote or using some obvious item in an obvious place?

-Challenge

...lol. I've barely played fps games and I got through Corruption with like 7 deaths (and one was me fooling around).

It's funny you are talking about linearity in games, and then touting Corruption, one of the most linear Metroid games as the best thing on Wii.

"Also, it's called an opinion, which I am allowed to have."

Yeah and I can respect that. Likewise, if you are as intelligent and mature as you think you are, you SHOULD be able to respect people in this thread not caring for Bethesda's mediocre products, but you clearly cannot, and instead resort to childish name-calling. What a hypocrite.

"Most 3D Nintendo game glitches do not make them better."

It's called speed-running. Abusing glitches in Mario 64 allow for some amazing platforming feats. Echoes is full of glitches which is why it's considered one of the best Metroid games to sequence break. Shows how much you know!

"And like I said with both Galaxy games, the game's inconsistent gravity changes have killed me a plethora of times."

Hahahaha, riiight. There is nothing "inconsistent" about the gravity and if you're dieing it's your own fault. The Galaxy games are some of the most polished titles from Nintendo, far more so than any game Bethesda has ever rushed out.

"And before you say "I don't know Mario Galaxy" I beat both games at least 3 times, like all Mario platform games I have played (which is all of them up to Mario Galaxy 2)."

Yeah see, THAT'S fanboyism. I'm a huge Mario fan, but I'm gonna call the series out on it's issues. Like how Mario 64 and NSMB DS, and NSMB2 are awful.

"They make crappy games, too"

Yeah, okay, we all know that? Thing is, they also make some damn good games, something Bethesda is incapable of.

"No, I'm being the honest and truthful to these people saying "grrh, the West sucks.""

Like who? NO ONE in here said anything like that. Again, stop pulling things out of your back to make yourself seem right when you're so blatantly wrong and full of shovel.

"Then again, you aren't acting intelligently."

Coming from the guy who called everyone noobs and sissies. XD

"Gamers have different opinions, and saying your opinion is superior is rather childish."

Same goes for you, mate. Difference between me and your unwarranted sense of superiority, is that I am far, FAR more knowledgeable of games than you could ever hope to be.

"Also, relying on hyperbole like "all people prefer this over that" makes your argument sound even more immature, especially since you don't know everyone who played "x game before y game.""

Except that was only a minor point I brought up to support my core arguments which you conveniently ignored or just failed to read in your desperate attempt to justify your elitism.

"I still absolutely love Fallout 3. I thought it was slightly better than the 1st"

"I personally think Skyrim is the funnest and most balanced game in series."

That and calling Corruption the best Wii game while criticizing linearity in games... yeah you don't know jack about games.

Btw, balance isn't personal, it's objective. I can't say that I personally think Brawl or MvC3 are more balanced than Guilty Gear or SWR. Well I could, but I'd look like a clueless bozo.

"Also, face it: every 3D game has lots of glitches!"

Yeah they do, but no where near as many or as severe as in Bethesda's garbage.

"The difference is, Bethesda fixes their big ones"

No, the FANS fix them. Bethesda can't be assed to do anything because they're too busy rolling in their money (barely) thinking about their next rehash.

"Despite this, I still get stuck in walls and stuff in 3D Mario and Zelda games from time to time. It doesn't make those games much less enjoyable."

A few hiccups here and there is normal for any software. Bethesda's junk which is INFAMOUS for performance issues and just being generally shoddy is something else entirely.

When I play some Bethesda crap, it's not like occasionally run into some minor hiccup like the examples you mentioned. The games are friggen PLAGUED by issues. That's why people whine about Bethesda and not other games. This shovel ain't that hard to understand!

"If you want to talk Smash Bros, come to an intelligent place I call SmashBoards"

>Smash Boards
>Intelligent

Hilarious.

"I will win all debates with you in a civil manner over a nice cup of English tea."

>Civil
>Calls people noob and sissy

Even more hilarious.

Btw, I'm not wasting my time signing up on a gamefaqs-quality site just to hear your opinion. Besides you were the one who sent me the PM telling me to reply if I wanted. It wasn't a debate, it's some random questions, and I already know more about Smash and beat-em-ups and ftgs in general than you could ever hope to so!

"That is because all of my message was aimed at those who were blatantly those things."

Which was no one in this thread. I think you're imagining things, dude! Remember: Winners don't do drugs.

"If you felt insulted otherwise, either you don't believe you fit into any of those categories but you actually do, or you are simply associating yourself with these categories wrongly."

Haha, nice try.

"No, you're not gamers. You are fanboys who hate people who like other things that aren't supported by your fanboyism. It's a rather silly way of viewing the world."

That's exactly how I feel when people turn into rabbies-infected mutant squirrels because I don't consider Bethesda the end all of games. Oh wait!

"Where did I say I was a fanboy."

Where did ANYBODY say they were fanboys or sissies or noobs or Japan-only or PS3/360 haters? That's right.

"that interfere with my logical analysis."

Lmao, stop throwing around random words in the hopes of making yourself sound smarter than you really are (which isn't a lot, btw).

Logical analysis of what? You haven't given me any concrete reasons as to why Bethesda's games are good. All you've done is go on about random shovel that has nothing to do with the topic, calling people names like a 12-year-old, and spinning in circles, avoiding directly answering/refuting criticisms, using ad hominem, trying to change the subject to other games, etc.

"Isn't that all gaming is? Walking, violence, decision-making, pushing buttons (to force [technical] movement), and solving? In fact, that's all pretty much life is."

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... /Ohwow.jpg

"It's how they are executed that makes both life and video games exciting."

Exactly and they're executed horribly in Skyrim and Fallout 3.

"Also, Zelda most definitely is inspired hardcore by LotR and medieval lore, much like the Elder Scrolls. It doesn't make it any less great."

Medieval and LotR is not the same thing. Dark Souls and Zelda are medieval, not LotR. Western devs can't do jack other than LotR.

"Also, what is there to do in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword to do? A few quests and explore a small, drab, empty world?"

I don't even like most Zelda game so what are you trying to prove?

"In Galaxy 1 and 2, all you can do is replay easy (yet fun) levels that are extremely linear."

Yeah and there's shovel load of them, 99% of them are well-thought out. Skyrim you just do a bunch of boring shovel and walk around, and once you beat the main quest, you do even more boring shovel and walking around. None of that compares to the platforming bliss of either Galaxy game.

@Shaanyboi

Oh I have, but I'm beggining to think that the apologist like you and Johnny boy haven't!

Nice comeback btw. GG.

@Johnknight1

"instead of their unique perspective."

Yeah, and your perspective that most definitely isn't! Obv, you just sucked in by the hype like pretty much everyone who likes Skyrim.

"On the flip side, I love hearing unique perspectives unadulterated by love or affiliation to one company or the next."

Yes, you certainly do, as evidenced by calling everyone a noob and sissy. L-O-L
User avatar
15 Dec 2012 20:43

Well, I do hope they get more recognition and success in the future. I think they deserved it with Xenoblade. It's the best JRPG of this gen in my opinion. It was a shame that we had to beg and ask for it while they play carrot on a stick.

I'm excited to see what they can do with the Wii U hardware. Whether it's Xenoblade 2 or something new, I'm looking forward to it.

@Johnknight1@MegaShock100

Image
User avatar
15 Dec 2012 21:04

Woopman wrote:I enjoy Nintendo's games, I enjoy Bethesda's games, I enjoy Monolith's games. I win.

100% this
No Avatar
15 Dec 2012 22:19

all the best rpg devs are in japan anyway
No Avatar
16 Dec 2012 00:14

Aint this really old news?
User avatar
16 Dec 2012 06:58

Johnknight1 wrote:Wow, lots of Japan-only fans who hate everything on the 360 or PS3 for small issues like bugs. Maybe some of you are just butthurt Skyrim and Fallout 3 didn't come out on that white GameCube with motion controls.

At least with Skyrim, we didn't have to beg for it to be localized.

For all of you whining babies complaining about glitches, Skyrim and Fallout's glitches aren't game breaking. Unlike Nintendo games over the past 10 years, most glitches are caused by having tons of content (instead of minimal content, like the small worlds of the Super Mario Galaxy [God that game was small, short, and stupid easy] and Zelda [Skyward Sword was sooooo small] games over the 7th generation of gaming), and because those games are trying to push the (then) newest consoles to their max, instead of just flow with an outdated console (basically, the Metroid Prime 3 approach [this is part of why I consider Prime 3 the best Wii game ever].

Also, consider this: Ocarina of Time is famous for its' glitches and bugs. Super Mario 64 is filled with glitches. All of the Mario Kart games have tons of glitches. Every Smash Bros. game has at least a few glitches per character. Brawl probably has more glitches than Skyrim, despite being a much smaller game, as well as 2D. :lol:

Seriously you stupid noobs, stop complaining about games and play them. Besides that, why are you complaining about epic games like Skyrim and Fallout when Nintendo produces garbage games like Mario Party and Mario Sluggers=??? :lol:


I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to put you in your place here.

Do you know the problems with the Playstation 3 version of Skyrim? How about Fallout 3 and New Vegas? No? Well, let me tell you about them. Because of Bethesda's horrible and dumb programming your save file increases every time you move an item in the world, regardless of what it is. What does this do ? Well, it creates a memory problem wherein over time the game becomes increasingly unplayable, causing severe slowdown issues. How is this not game breaking? It affects the Xbox 360 and PC versions as well, but less so.

This one problem has consistently delayed the DLC for the Playstation 3 version of the game, leading to many a joke about the content coming to the platform "soon." It was so bad that Bethesda refused to send PS3 review copies to journalists in order to cover it up. How is this not sleazy? How is this not detrimental to the end user? How does Bethesda's content deserve praise when they are now known to not try and put out quality content, just lots of it?

Bethesda isn't just known for having a lack of polish with their games. Their lack of polish hampers the games they put out. To say Monolithsoft wants to become like this, i.e. an ideal to strive towards, is extremely troubling. The fact that you say 'oh, every game has glitches, even Nintendo games' is simply immature and you ignore the problem. There are not really major, everyday glitches in the games you mentioned that can break your game system. You can, however do this for almost every single one of Bethesda's products.
User avatar
16 Dec 2012 11:04

@KingBroly

THIS x9001!!! Johhny boy, you just got your buttocks handed to you on a pure platinum platter! :D

The games are FULL of game breaking bugs, immersion breaking bugs and shoddy technical issues and you're flat-out lying if you say otherwise.

Even on PC, Fallout 3 needed not one, but TWO major patches because of how buggy it was. And you know the worst part? Those patches were UNOFFICIAL, as in FAN-MADE, because Bestheda couldn't be bothered to fix their product. These bugs were for things as basic as enemy behavior, like enemies getting stuck behind rocks and other environment. Like do these guys not test their games?? The only way to make the game enjoyable was to use a number of mods that practically made it a completely different game.

Skyrim, which is touted as being so deep and immersive and how you can lose yourself in its magical world (lol) is full of stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt5aUdij ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9QbWhL6 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHZgK7lQ ... r_embedded

And "lots of content" is a bs excuse. The world is EMPTY, nothing is there except a shovel ton of wolves. Nothing ever happens except random nameless, unexciting mage fights or some generic hunter sitting on a log. They don't even making a name generator for their NPCs, they just call them "hunter". The game is worse than Oblivion, which is saying a lot, because Oblivion really wasn't good.

And even if these games didn't have glitches and were polished as much as a Nintendo games, they would still suck for plenty of reasons that I can write about to length, like the terrible, TERRIBLE combats, the crappy choice systems, the fact that they go on about player freedom, when freedom is virtually nonexistant, like finding a door in a dungeon, but you can't go in there because you haven't accepted some stupid generic quest or fullfilled some dumb requirement like killing 20 monsters of collecting some stupid plants. Super Metroid, a game on SNES, has FAR more freedom and is just overall a vastly superior game.

And glitches in Nintendo games are, as I said, just minor hiccups which is normal for any kind of software. As KingBroly say, you are immature for using that as argument. Of all the Nintendo game I played this gen, I only remember two glitches where I had to restart the game, and they were extremely minor things that were actually kinda funny.

One was in Twilight Princess, I got stuck under the bridge while riding Epona, no biggy, just hit reset and we're good. I thought I found a secret, and tried to do it again, but alas, it wouldn't work, because Nintendo's game is just so polished.

The second was in Galaxy, in the first Bowser fight, Bowser jumped up... but he never came back down! He literally just floated off into space! Hilarious stuff. Point is, these are normal glitches that happen ONCE IN A BLUE MOON. They don't harass you like the crap in Bethesda's games.

tl;dr, Bethesda makes crappy games, Monolith is awesome and while I wish them the success and fame of Bethesda, I want them to do their own thing, which is making awesome games that are vastly superior to whatever half-assed junk Bethesda make. :D
No Avatar
16 Dec 2012 17:28

Woopman wrote:I enjoy Nintendo's games, I enjoy Bethesda's games, I enjoy Monolith's games. I win.


Yes.
User avatar
16 Dec 2012 19:41

Johnknight1 wrote:Wow, lots of Japan-only fans who hate everything on the 360 or PS3 for small issues like bugs. Maybe some of you are just butthurt Skyrim and Fallout 3 didn't come out on that white GameCube with motion controls.

Never hated a game that didn't come to a Nintendo platform.

Johnknight1 wrote:Brawl probably has more glitches than Skyrim, despite being a much smaller game, as well as 2D. :lol:

Psssh. You're just saying that because you hated Brawl because it doesn't play as fast as Melee (and before you ask, I liked both Melee and Brawl).
Also, I've never encountered glitches in Brawl and Mario Galaxy.

Johnknight1 wrote:Seriously you stupid noobs, stop complaining about games and play them. Besides that, why are you complaining about epic games like Skyrim and Fallout when Nintendo produces garbage games like Mario Party and Mario Sluggers=??? :lol:

Stop being fanboys, and start being gamers. You sissies complaining about Skyrim just shows how obsessed you are with defending you are with your company. Stop complaining, and start gaming with an open mind.

Weird. I thought real and open minded gamers can enjoy both Skyrim and Mario Party, as long as they're having fun with it. How you called those Mario games "garbage" is unprofessional.
User avatar
17 Dec 2012 10:19

@peenbbb2


I think the one you really missed addressing there, was the fact that this person expects to be taken seriously, yet calls people whiners, idiots and my personal favorite, "noobs".

View the full discussion!

Quickie Search

"Advanced" Search

Anti-social Tendencies

Advertisements

RSS feed trough

News Feed
Top Stories
Console News
Portables News
Podcast Feed
GoNintendo Radio Feed
Twitter Feed

Affiliates + Friends

Destructoid
Gamersyde
Modojo
TheBitBlock
Anime Your Way