Goriginal Content

EoD - SS motion

GN Podcast #466

EoD - Zelda music

EoD - Fatal Frame

EoD - Smash C-stick

EoD - Old games
 

Animal Crossing: New Leaf the first 3DS game in Japan to hit 2 million sold



Look at the sexy animated GIF! What a great way to look at just how explosive Animal Crossing: New Leaf's sales have been. I wonder just how high the game will reach!

Link

Also check out:
Discussion Preview
24 total comments (View all)
No Avatar
26 Dec 2012 14:38

Animal Crossing shoots straight up
No Avatar
26 Dec 2012 14:39

And in just that limited amount of time, with limited stock.

Mario is my favorite franchise from Nintendo but we need variety. I'm glad this is doing so well.
User avatar
26 Dec 2012 14:42

Man, those sales are quite.....erect
User avatar
26 Dec 2012 14:47

Wait for a main series Pokémon game. It'll start at like 3 million
User avatar
26 Dec 2012 15:30

Just imagine how high sales are if digital were to be included in this. We're talking eShop downloads plus the XL bundles that come with the game pre-loaded. I'll bet it's near 3 million in Nintendo's internal numbers. Easily a an 8 to 10 million seller once out in all three territories by the end of next holiday.
No Avatar
26 Dec 2012 15:40

Animal Crossing is all like "I can't let you do that, Starfox."
User avatar
26 Dec 2012 15:49

Animal Crossing is just that awesome.
User avatar
26 Dec 2012 16:09

Wow, superb job Animal Crossing! So can't wait for this to come out in America!
No Avatar
26 Dec 2012 16:11

Wanted to get it for christmas... it's sold out everywhere in japan! :shock:
User avatar
26 Dec 2012 18:14

I wonder why some people in Japan are waiting for the cartridges if it's available in the e-shop. is it because they want the animal crossing 3DS bundle maybe? or is the e-shop version maybe more expensive than japanese retail?

buying in the e-shop is actually perfect for this title, since it's something you play frequently and over a long period of time.
User avatar
26 Dec 2012 18:19

MisterOpinionHead wrote:I wonder why some people in Japan are waiting for the cartridges if it's available in the e-shop. is it because they want the animal crossing 3DS bundle maybe? or is the e-shop version maybe more expensive than japanese retail?

buying in the e-shop is actually perfect for this title, since it's something you play frequently and over a long period of time.

Some people want the physical game instead of digital.
That is just their preference.
User avatar
26 Dec 2012 20:25

Yet they still can't prioritize getting the game out in the West. So frustrating.
User avatar
26 Dec 2012 20:45

It's probably a pretty colossal project translating so much text. AC seems on par with lengthy RPGs, text-wise, and Nintendo tends to stick with the same team(s) for localizing these specific games.

Could be wrong but it makes me feel better if I think of it that way. Absolutely cannot wait till this gets here. :D
No Avatar
26 Dec 2012 21:50

nice gif , but still those meaningless goalposts serve the purpose of diverting the attention from the sony software situation (one game over 1 million, none on psp except mh) and at the same time those record shattering games are doomed failure because animal crossing is even bigger . That's a funny way of seeing things
User avatar
27 Dec 2012 04:11

Serebii wrote:Wait for a main series Pokémon game. It'll start at like 3 million


First thing I thought of as well. Nothing can beat Pokemon...
User avatar
27 Dec 2012 04:19

Well don't buy too much of those physical (special) cartridges of the game, Japan. Save some for us... :( Buy digital instead.
User avatar
27 Dec 2012 04:32

Mako wrote:
Serebii wrote:Wait for a main series Pokémon game. It'll start at like 3 million


First thing I thought of as well. Nothing can beat Pokemon...

Actually Mario Kart DS and NSMB both outsold Pokemon Gen IV (remakes not counted).

Gen V the jury is still out.
User avatar
27 Dec 2012 09:31

Zeldana wrote:It's probably a pretty colossal project translating so much text. AC seems on par with lengthy RPGs, text-wise, and Nintendo tends to stick with the same team(s) for localizing these specific games.

Could be wrong but it makes me feel better if I think of it that way. Absolutely cannot wait till this gets here. :D


It's not about localization. Nothing in the history of Animal Crossing releases suggests that this is something they have to overcome. City Folk came out in the US right alongside Japan.
User avatar
27 Dec 2012 11:51

@Mako Either way, all that sweet money goes to Nintendo. :P
User avatar
27 Dec 2012 14:17

M1 wrote:Actually Mario Kart DS and NSMB both outsold Pokemon Gen IV (remakes not counted).

Gen V the jury is still out.
As did Nintendogs and Brain Age. (In the long run) We are talking about the race to 2 million sold though. ;)

Also, even if you include Platinum Gen IV still loses to NSMB DS in total sales.



Chosenoneknuckles wrote:@Mako Either way, all that sweet money goes to Nintendo. :P
Indeed. lol
User avatar
27 Dec 2012 14:52

MisterOpinionHead wrote:I wonder why some people in Japan are waiting for the cartridges if it's available in the e-shop. is it because they want the animal crossing 3DS bundle maybe? or is the e-shop version maybe more expensive than japanese retail?

buying in the e-shop is actually perfect for this title, since it's something you play frequently and over a long period of time.

The Animal Crossing 3DS bundle includes the digital version of the game, so it wouldn't matter to anyone who's holding out for a physical copy.

Its eShop price is the same as RRP.
User avatar
27 Dec 2012 18:27

That gif always gets me.

View the full discussion!

Quickie Search

"Advanced" Search

Anti-social Tendencies

Advertisements

RSS feed trough

News Feed
Top Stories
Console News
Portables News
Podcast Feed
GoNintendo Radio Feed
Twitter Feed

Affiliates + Friends

Destructoid
Gamersyde
Modojo
TheBitBlock
Anime Your Way