Goriginal Content

EoD - Next-Gen Mario

EoD - Mario movie?

EoD - Your amiibo

GN Radio #35

GN podcast #488

EoD - Renegade Kid
 

GoNintendo Podcast Webisode 390

PODCASTBANNER.jpg


Something was really pleasant about this podcast. We had a small group, but a lot of fun. We also had a bunch of interesting news to talk about! I really enjoyed this week's podcast. I hope you do as well.



Download the show here (thanks MoldyClay!)


Video streaming by Ustream

Discussion Preview
13 total comments (View all)
User avatar
03 Feb 2013 00:59

So rmc is marth this explains alot! lol
User avatar
03 Feb 2013 03:20

The name I decided on for this piece is "RawMarthCowboy".
User avatar
03 Feb 2013 03:48

I know why RMC laughs so hysterically at the end of the show tee hee.
No Avatar
03 Feb 2013 03:50

Where are the spoiler tags? You just revealed Marth is RMC!

In seriousness... very nicely drawn moldyclay
User avatar
03 Feb 2013 04:54

@Dusk

Thanks! This is actually one of my favorite drawings I have done for the podcast. I am actually happy with the outcome.
User avatar
03 Feb 2013 05:46

MoldyClay that drawing is amazing!
User avatar
03 Feb 2013 11:45

That perspective makes it look like RMC's right arm is tiny.
User avatar
03 Feb 2013 14:51

FrenchFryGuy wrote:I know why RMC laughs so hysterically at the end of the show tee hee.


Oh...you mean how you told Mom Brain to get back in the kitchen where she belongs?? Cat's out of the bag!
User avatar
03 Feb 2013 15:51

Tork110 wrote:That perspective makes it look like RMC's right arm is tiny.


Are you talking about HIS right or the arm on the right side of the picture?

If you meant the right side one, yeah. And I knew that when I drew it too. I was getting extremely frustrated with the arm and just gave up because I was spending too much time on it and had a small time frame to finish it because I waited until the last minute (i.e., I could've done this earlier in the week).

That's the biggest flaw and it's glaringly obvious when you look at it. I wanted to go back and fix it but wound up forgetting it until it was done.

For reference, I based it on this pose, so if you meant his actual right arm, it was supposed to look like that. But I agree, they look tiny because of the perspective:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EAcilo-SHQU/T ... r-Link.png
User avatar
03 Feb 2013 21:25

jraics wrote:
FrenchFryGuy wrote:I know why RMC laughs so hysterically at the end of the show tee hee.


Oh...you mean how you told Mom Brain to get back in the kitchen where she belongs?? Cat's out of the bag!


:mrgreen: She knows we're only busting her balls.
User avatar
03 Feb 2013 22:00

MoldyClay wrote:
Tork110 wrote:That perspective makes it look like RMC's right arm is tiny.


Are you talking about HIS right or the arm on the right side of the picture?

If you meant the right side one, yeah. And I knew that when I drew it too. I was getting extremely frustrated with the arm and just gave up because I was spending too much time on it and had a small time frame to finish it because I waited until the last minute (i.e., I could've done this earlier in the week).

That's the biggest flaw and it's glaringly obvious when you look at it. I wanted to go back and fix it but wound up forgetting it until it was done.

For reference, I based it on this pose, so if you meant his actual right arm, it was supposed to look like that. But I agree, they look tiny because of the perspective:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EAcilo-SHQU/T ... r-Link.png



I'm glad you can take some criticism. I like the rest of it but that arm reminds me of Tiny-Arm Dick Tracy.

http://joshreads.com/?p=5755
User avatar
04 Feb 2013 00:26

Spoiled by the RMC Marth! :P
User avatar
04 Feb 2013 14:32

@Tork110

Ah man, Dick Tracy. That... haha that's so bizarre.

But yeah. Constructive criticism is always good, and I am always finding things wrong with my art anyway. It's when criticism gets mean that it's like "what the hell, dude?".

But yeah, the one arm (in the back) is intentionally short due to perspective, but the other (in the foreground) was entirely me getting frustrated and not wanting to redraw it anymore. All I had to do was some tilting and add some more length to it, but I was just done at that point. Only reason I didn't fix it was because I showed someone the work in progress and they didn't notice so I was like "maybe nobody else will".

The main thing I like about it is my shading. Specifically the beard/cape. Thought they looked cool. Otherwise I know I could do loads better than what I wound up with.

View the full discussion!

Quickie Search

"Advanced" Search

Anti-social Tendencies

Advertisements

RSS feed trough

News Feed
Top Stories
Console News
Portables News
Podcast Feed
GoNintendo Radio Feed
Twitter Feed