Mutant Mudds for eShop
- 2D side-scrolling platformer
- published by Renegade Kid
- new project was born out of experimentation
- when word of the 3DS came around, Renegade Kid redesigned their DSiWare title into what we now see
- Max must use his water cannon and water-powered jet pack to defeat monsters that come from the ground
- travel between foreground and background
- levels include “a dark, wintery land; a fiery temple; a space cosmos; and a fluffy cloudville.”
- collect Water Sprites to defeat the Mudds
- collect water sprites to open new levels
- find secrets and power-ups
- good for pick-up-and-play sessions
Heroes of Ruin info
- four-player game
- all the main characters are mercenaries
- characters allow you to customize their weapons armor, and class abilities.
- complete parts of the game to earn new items for customization
- drop-in/drop-out online co-op gameplay and voice chat
- SpotPass content, such as daily challenges
Cubic Ninja - review details
The motion controls are horrible, leading to extreme movements to control the character.
The 3D effect is automatically disabled when playing with motion controls.
The circle pad can be used to control the player, enabling 3D, but that highlights the mediocre and uninspired level design.
100 levels, each taking a minute on average.