Wow, it sounds like the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed will be quite a bit different than the PS3/360 versions…and it may work out in our favor! Some very juicy details have come in via the latest interview in PLAY magazine. Some of these details are Wii specific, while others relate to all versions.
- split of 3d to 3d side-scrolling action is about 50/50
- hub areas for story return once again
- Wii version is not using the same engine as PS3/360, but the team is working hard to duplicate the look as closely as possible
- mix of speed and platforming
- Wii version is different in stage design and controls
- coding and stages for Wii version is being handled by Dimps, who was responsible for Sonic Rush/Sonic Rush Adventure
- Tomoya Ohtani from Sonic Rush will be the sound director