Kotaku wants Bravely Default (3DS Square RPG) in US/Europe

Whats better then one screen? Well two screens of course! Current-gen portables inside: DS, Lite, DSi, DSXL, 3DS...

Kotaku wants Bravely Default (3DS Square RPG) in US/Europe

Postby labwarrior » 18 Dec 2012 14:59

labwarrior
Fairy
Fairy

Re: Kotaku wants Bravely Default (3DS Square RPG) in US/Euro

Postby TheLastBlade » 18 Dec 2012 15:18

What's that? They want a crappy game that rips off Final Fantasy 3? In an attempt to capture the old days and not remove bad stuff like Random Encounters? I'll never support Kotaku; no matter what situation.
Last edited by Mako on 14 Jan 2013 02:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language...
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Postby labwarrior » 18 Dec 2012 15:28

This is not about supporting Kotaku, it is about bringing one of the best RPGs of all time in US/European 3DS

And Bravely Default is such a game, all impressions so far suggest that, i dont see wat Kotaku has to do with anything TBH

The petition has nothing to do with Kotaku anyway

Here is some BD praise from the press

http://www.destructoid.com/tgs-bravely- ... 1561.phtml
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comme ... able_rpg_s

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/impressions/29679

"
Impressions
3DS
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (Japan)

Real gameplay abounds in the latest demo from Square Enix!

The past two demos for Bravely Default: Flying Fairy have been a little on the disappointing side in terms of content. The Tokyo Game Show demo, as well as the one released in late February, focused mainly on the Augmented Reality functionality of the Nintendo 3DS and gave gamers little to do in the sense of traditional gameplay. The most recent demo, titled Bravely Default: Flying Fairy Demo Vol. 2: Zetsubō no yūsha Torēningu-hen (Heroes of Despair Volume) greatly expands upon the good points found in the previous demos, giving players a chance for a more traditional gaming experience.

The demo opens by introducing you to a new character named Tiz Oria, a 16-year-old boy taking care of sheep with his younger brother. As they herd the sheep closer to the outskirts of their village, the two witness the village being engulfed and destroyed by an oncoming wave of destruction. As the wave rushes toward the boys, the video cuts and you are taken to the title screen of the demo.

The map of the town looks exactly like this artwork

This time, the demo gives you two options, both listed in English: play game and AR movie. The first option puts you in control of Tiz and places you in Kaldizura (this is a direct translation from the original katakana. I’m not too sure what they’ll call this in the English version), which is the country where you start the game. From here, you are free to explore the town. While the demo doesn’t focus on the fighting elements of the game, it does focus on non-playable character interactions. Throughout the town, there are a handful of people you are able to assist. For example, an old man really needs some assistance getting some water. After telling him you would be willing to help him out, you have to find a source of water in the town and then return to him with a containerful, after which you receive a reward. This demo focuses heavily on these kinds of interactions and feels a lot more fleshed out than the previous demos, making it more akin to what the final product will exhibit.

Visually, the art style is breathtaking and the music is a complete joy to listen to. There are times when the camera pans out to give you a full view of the town (usually when you don’t press anything for a few seconds), which looks exactly the same as previously revealed artwork for the game. The visuals mixed in with the 3D character models give the game a unique feel."

http://www.japanator.com/import-review- ... 7238.phtml

"Bravely Default: Flying Fairy is one of the best traditional RPGs I've played in years, and probably the best new IP to come out of Square Enix since The World Ends With You. If you have a Japanese 3DS, you should own this game. For those of you that don't have one? Start sending SE your letters demanding BD:FF be released in English. A game as good as this deserves to be experienced."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/32 ... iting-for/

"The game itself features random encounters and turn-based battles, powered by a classic job system reminiscent of FFV. It's not yet been revealed how the AR tech shown at TGS will be implemented, but we certainly hope it will be an innovation rather than a shiny gimmick. Either way, Bravely Default is shaping up to be the RPG that many nostalgic Final Fantasy fans are pining for.
"

http://rpgland.com/tokyo-game-show/rpgl ... oya-asano/

http://kotaku.com/5928343/square-enixs- ... -fantasy-v

"Square Enix’s Next 3DS RPG Draws From Final Fantasy V"

http://www.1up.com/previews/bravely-def ... al-fantasy

"But cross your fingers. Despite its name, Bravely Default really is the sort of Final Fantasy experience gamers have been clamoring for. With luck, we'll be playing it ourselves sooner rather than later."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/29/ ... -3ds-needs

"Bravely Default: The RPG the 3DS Needs"
labwarrior
Fairy
Fairy

Postby MoldyClay » 18 Dec 2012 17:41

TheLastBlade wrote:What's that? They want a shi++y game that rips off Final Fantasy 3? In an attempt to capture the old days and not remove bad stuff like Random Encounters? I'll never support Kotaku; no matter what situation.

It's like you don't even know what you're saying.
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu

NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 18 Dec 2012 17:55

Square Enix had no plans to bring it over?!

Wtf
I once lived in a bubble… but eventually… I grew tired of it. So yeah… wishes do come true… well for me at least!Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Postby TheLastBlade » 18 Dec 2012 18:06

MoldyClay wrote:
TheLastBlade wrote:What's that? They want a shi++y game that rips off Final Fantasy 3? In an attempt to capture the old days and not remove bad stuff like Random Encounters? I'll never support Kotaku; no matter what situation.

I'm pretty sure it rips off almost everything about Final Fantasy 3.
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Postby labwarrior » 19 Dec 2012 00:16

Actually previews say it is more like a cross between FF9 and FF5

And with amazing new art of course

I dont see anything wrong with beeing similar to some of the best games of all time
labwarrior
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Koopzilla » 19 Dec 2012 01:48

I want this game so bad. I don't like Kotaku either, but I can agree with them on this. Final Fantasy 3 (I'm assuming you are talking about 6) is one of the best games ever made, easily in my top 5 favorite games of all time. Squaresoft is obviously not going back to what made Final Fantasy so great in the first place(with the Final Fantasy franchise), so I don't have a problem with them making a different franchise to do that with. I do have a problem with them not releasing it here.
Koopzilla
Nintendo Power Player

NN ID: Koopzilla
3DS: 2793-0595-9972

Postby TheLastBlade » 19 Dec 2012 02:52

Could've fooled me; considering all sorts of Final Fantasies suck.
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Postby labwarrior » 07 Jan 2013 00:29

Square Enix are asking fans what their most anticipated moment of 2013 is

- let's tell them we want Bravely Default!

http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/vie ... _2013?pg=1

labwarrior
Fairy
Fairy

Postby KingBroly » 07 Jan 2013 04:43

TheLastBlade wrote:I like how a lot of them want a Shi++y game like Type 0.....

Type 0 and Bravely Default are probably the only decent games SE Japan has published over the last 3 years.
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby MoldyClay » 07 Jan 2013 08:49

TheLastBlade wrote:
MoldyClay wrote:

I'm pretty sure it rips off almost everything about Final Fantasy 3.

You're suggesting they are ripping off their own game. Just putting that out there.

Like saying Majora's Mask rips off of Ocarina of Time, or that Pokemon rips off of Pokemon.

Reusing an engine and set-up, from another game you made, is not ripping off. It's more or less a spiritual successor to their own series.

On top of that, nearly all RPGs from any one company tends to be similar to other RPGs by the same company.
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu

NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Postby Omegavertebra » 07 Jan 2013 09:34

KingBroly wrote:Type 0 and Bravely Default are probably the only decent games SE Japan has published over the last 3 years.

No love for Kingdom Hearts, Broly? :<
Omegavertebra
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: The12thGripper
3DS: 1246-8708-3348
PSN: The12thGripper
XBL: The12thGripper

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 07 Jan 2013 10:18

KingBroly wrote:

Type 0 and Bravely Default are probably the only decent games SE Japan has published over the last 3 years.

I heard Type 0 had a lot of issues (load times, terrible camera, etc)
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Broken_Cartridge
PSN: Stephen5543

Postby TheLastBlade » 07 Jan 2013 14:12

@kingbroly

It's not.

@MoldyClay

My issue with the entire thing is that square Enix took quite a beating for awhile. So, with the intent of bringing back some fans, they decided to bring back all the things that make final fantasy "good". Too bad it's very dated and terrible to the point that they rip the own games off.

@broken_cartridge

Type 0 REALLY pissed me off... Not only did it had those issues, but the gameplay, story, level design, and characters all remind me why I hate final fantasy and a lot of badly made JRPGs.
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Postby labwarrior » 12 Jan 2013 22:37

Square asks in their forums what game people want the most and Bravely Default apears in almost every post there !!!

http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231/29611637/LOOK_FORWARD_TO_IT!_Most_Anticipated_Moment_of_2013?pg=88

But i dont get my hopes up for anything
labwarrior
Fairy
Fairy

Postby chris_the_wing » 13 Jan 2013 23:56

KingBroly wrote:

I seem to remember being given a warning for stepping around the curse word filter, by you yourself Broly. Care to explain?
chris_the_wing
Octorok
Octorok

Postby labwarrior » 27 Jan 2013 13:54

Rich from IGN is trying to garner support for Bravely Default. Everyone, jump on your Twitter machines and give him a hand!

https://twitter.com/RichIGN/status/293445955179655168

Hopefully this great game makes it to US/Europe at some point
labwarrior
Fairy
Fairy

Postby LordRoto » 28 Jan 2013 09:50

You guys are nuts to think it's not going to come out over here
LordRoto
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby labwarrior » 10 Feb 2013 14:35

Bravely Default Game info thread (english) with every bit of art - news etc about the game

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510483

I think the game has very slim chances to come outside Japan, SQUARE simply doesnt seem to care or aknowledge the demand for this one at all
labwarrior
Fairy
Fairy

Postby belmontlegacy » 10 Feb 2013 15:39

Just looking at the publisher and screenshots of the game, I'm hoping it isn't just another Final Fantasy clone. Square-Enix seems to have dug themselves into a rut with games that are all becoming alike.
belmontlegacy
Shyguy
Shyguy

XBL: The Ahnold

Postby sdsichero » 25 Feb 2013 15:12

TheLastBlade wrote:Could've fooled me; considering all sorts of Final Fantasies suck.

So let me get this straight, you are not interested in seeing bravely default released outside japan? I just want to make I am clear on that.
sdsichero
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby TheLastBlade » 25 Feb 2013 22:33

sdsichero wrote:
TheLastBlade wrote:Could've fooled me; considering all sorts of Final Fantasies suck.

So let me get this straight, you are not interested in seeing bravely default released outside japan? I just want to make I am clear on that.

If its like every other terrible final fantasy games, then no.
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Postby GiriOni » 25 Feb 2013 22:40

I would get it for the story alone, considering the story is by the guy who created Steins;Gate. Well... the gameplay has to be somewhat decent (Which it seems from what I've played) otherwise... maybe not.
Favorite all time Anime: To Aru Majutsu no Index
Runner-up: Bakemonogatari
GiriOni
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: GiriOni

Postby thresholdXCI » 26 Feb 2013 09:34

GiriOni wrote:I would get it for the story alone, considering the story is by the guy who created Steins;Gate. Well... the gameplay has to be somewhat decent (Which it seems from what I've played) otherwise... maybe not.

Oh man, I had no idea the story was by the creator of Steins;Gate. I loved that series. I really want to see this game now...
thresholdXCI
Site Mod
Site Mod

Wii: 4073 2409 9869 0324
PSN: jw_XCI

Next

Return to 3DS / DS