Pokemon X and Y

Whats better then one screen? Well two screens of course! Current-gen portables inside: DS, Lite, DSi, DSXL, 3DS...

Pokemon X and Y

Postby KingBroly » 08 Jan 2013 07:16

In a land far away, the world was populated due to the immense coming of the King's Prince as Ruler. But new lands didn't take kindly to this new pauper. As the Prince struggled to make his minions happy, everyone wondered if doom had finally come. After multiple strategies, the Prince pleaded, so the King got off his throne and proclaimed to the world "I'm coming." The people rejoiced, as they knew the time for celebration had begun. For you see, at the time of the King's return, so to, shall the people return as well. You can hear it now, the echoes, the footsteps. What awaits us now is a tidal wave. Inevitability. Has finally come!

Release Information
Release Date: Saturday, October 12, 2013 (Worldwide)
Price: $39.99
# of Players: 1
Pre-order Bonuses: Region Poster (Gamestop), Pins (Target)
Special Edition 3DS XL: $199.99, September 27

New Features
New Pokemon: Like every Pokemon game, this one has new Pokemon!
New Type: Fairy, designed to balance out Dragon Pokemon without nerfing them
Mega Evolutions: Certain Pokemon can hold Mega Stones that allow them evolve for the rest of a Battle
Poke Amine: Some kind of Pokemon Tamigotchi thing for Friendship Levels
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Re: Pokemon X and Y Announced, October 2013

Postby CrispyGoomba » 08 Jan 2013 07:20

Was totally worth getting up to watch it. So this is pretty much gen 6, right?
CrispyGoomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: CrispyGoomba
3DS: 0688-5315-1722
Wii: 1198-2138-8210-1532
XBL: CrispyGoomba

Postby Jirachi » 08 Jan 2013 07:34

I love the art style,the only thing that kinda bugs me is the names of these games,but i can deal with it.
My favorite zelda game is Twilight Princess and Jirachi is my favorite pokemon <3 skype:SSBBKING

My youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR-OCE ... a9XCznbJ6A
Jirachi
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Jirachifan
3DS: 1848-1701-2271
Wii: 5376-4745-6865-7604
PSN: TCDFTW
XBL: N and 360 fan

Postby bellboy » 08 Jan 2013 07:35

Those... graphics (and animations)... :shock:

EDIT: Though it IS 3DS so I dunno why I'm so surprised...
bellboy
Boo
Boo

NN ID: bellboy64
XBL: Madaman64

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 08 Jan 2013 07:41

This gen looks promising. Really excited for this one. Seeing these new games announced makes me glad I kept my launch 3DS (I have an XL now) so that I can trade between X & Y. :D

The new Pokemon look so good imo! (couldn't say the same for 5th gens) :pika:
I once lived in a bubble… but eventually… I grew tired of it. So yeah… wishes do come true… well for me at least!Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Postby Ry » 08 Jan 2013 08:04

Yeah, can't wait. 2013 going to be a very, very good year for 3DS owners. :D Better start saving up!

3D environments, battle animations, old pokemon rendered in full 3D, likable starters designs and cool legendary Pokemon...

I'm down with that.

Well, gotta get some shut-eye now but this was worth staying up for.
"Your blade...it did not cut deep enough."
Ry
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby Edsanji » 08 Jan 2013 08:08

With this games, the 3DS is totally doom and the Vite will rise and shine!! Who will want more Pokémon games? And on full 3D, come on Nintendo!!!!
PSN: Edsanji
3DS FC: way too long to remember it....
Wii FC: Why some will need that?
Edsanji
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: Edsanji
PSN: Edsanji

Postby KingBroly » 08 Jan 2013 08:27

Edsanji wrote:With this games, the 3DS is totally doom and the Vite will rise and shine!! Who will want more Pokémon games? And on full 3D, come on Nintendo!!!!

You are very bad at trolling. You know this, right? Right.
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby J0RdAnN » 08 Jan 2013 08:57

I really don't know how I feel about this. The jump from 2D-3D is one that has ruined many franchises in the past so I'm a little nervous about how it might effect the gameplay (outside of battles). I got a very Dragon Quest 9 vibe from the character design- with any luck We can customize the trainer. I'm also very curious as to how they will transfer Pokemon from the DS gens...IR is my guess. Is it safe to assume Pokemon Z is going to be the next game? I guess my biggest decision is what version to buy. In the past it was easy because the games came out months in advance so I had a chance too look at the types that where in each game, and make my choice.
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby TheLastBlade » 08 Jan 2013 09:26

I commend them for putting more effort. Unlike last time, I'll pick it up and not mooch off of my bro's games. Didn't pick up the last two games because of the Pokemon and the overall games themselves (still don't regret it).

I also was hoping for ONE ****ING VERSION, but I guess it's an old habit....
Last edited by TheLastBlade on 08 Jan 2013 09:29, edited 1 time in total.
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Postby Mako » 08 Jan 2013 09:28

The name of the games doesn't really matter imo. I'm very excited for these games. Graphics look great (yes, I care about those), gameplay looks like it has some Zelda elements, new Pokemon actually look good so far (hope they didn't make too many), and everything else looks solid too. This is why people but Nintendo handhelds.
Mako
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: Mako91
3DS: 4167-4543-6089
Wii: 0725-3780-1331-9030
PSN: yugoboy91

Postby MegaShock100 » 08 Jan 2013 09:36

The fire starter is easily the best and the one I'm going to pick, the leaf starter is alright and the water starter has the usual unnecessary bits and parts tacked on, making it look overdesigned. Still, it's not too bad, and will probably grow on me. The flying legendary looks freakin sick, the stag one looks cool, but it looks literally like a cross of Dialga and Cobalion/Virizion. Like what the hell? And it's feet look (stupid swords for feet, wtf?).

Dunno what to think about the 3D world and new camera style, is cool, but it doesn't look so mind-blowingly amazing or anything. Personally I think I would prefer the usual style but with more colourful and highly detailed sprite work. Or hand-drawn backgrounds with everything else being sprites (and maybe a some polygon models for things like buildings like in the DQ remakes for DS).

But still, shovel is so hype!!! brb, gonna go buy a 3DS!
MegaShock100
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby MegaMan64 » 08 Jan 2013 12:10

The world looks more expansive to me. IDK if thats just because the camera angle or not. Hopefully there will be no new pokemon game every year, even though that has been happening of late. But i'm loving that legendary pokemon from X version.

Feel free to add me on your 3DS. PM me if u do. Also got a Wii U now, so add me as well and PM me!

MegaMan64
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Nerps64
3DS: 4596-9581-6101
Steam ID: SuperObjection64
PSN: SuperSpy12

Postby HammerGalladeBro » 08 Jan 2013 12:32

I'm getting a lot of Dragon Quest IX vibes mixed with Pokémon Colosseum from these new games. Loving what I saw earlier today.

Anyway, that setles it, time to get Black and Black 2, and hopefully I'll have saved enough money when these come out and finally get a 3DS(XL). Gonna keep the tradition and get the Water-type starter.
Random, useless Trivia: The Wii U GamePad fits in a big pocket, do I recommend you to do so? NO!
HammerGalladeBro
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: AHammerGalladeB
Steam ID: HammerGalladeBro
Wii: 2969 2823 0139 0622

Postby AadmM » 08 Jan 2013 12:50

Man, I haven't been this hyped for a game in a good long time. Got my sights set on Chespin and Y version already!

Now just give us a good Pokémon Stadium game again and Gen VI will officially be the very best thing.
AadmM
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: atombeany
3DS: 2019-9824-4588

Postby MermaidKelly » 08 Jan 2013 14:22

Ahh! I still haven't gotten Black/White 2! :( I bought both Black and White, which was a mistake in my opinion, and I haven't even felt inclined to get one of the '2's' yet. It seems more or less the same...but now I want to play it before this one. (Ugh... why did I ever buy Black?? I should have waited and bought Black 2)

I wonder which version will have the flying legendary, and which will have the deer! I absolutely LOVE the fire starter, but the frog is great too...I'm in trouble. :wink:
MermaidKelly
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 08 Jan 2013 14:29

The Flying legendary is in the shape of a "Y", and the deer's pupils are shaped like an "X". So I'm thinking Pokemon X has the Deer and Pokemon Y has the Flying legendary.

(Might I also add, that I think both of them look a bit ridiculous? And this is coming from someone who has never really had a problem with the designs of newer Pokemon)
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Broken_Cartridge
PSN: Stephen5543

Postby MermaidKelly » 08 Jan 2013 14:48

Good observation...I bet you are right. I agree they do look a bit odd...I will probably get X with the deer if I like the other version exclusives.
MermaidKelly
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby MoldyClay » 08 Jan 2013 17:05

Mirr0rR3flection wrote:The new Pokemon look so good imo! (couldn't say the same for 5th gens) :pika:

Not sure if serious. You really saying the 5 we've seen look better than any from Gen5? I'm unsure if I should start laughing yet.

I mean, the starters had a better initial gut reaction though.

TheLastBlade wrote:I also was hoping for ONE ****ING VERSION, but I guess it's an old habit....

They want people to trade and communicate with each other. There is never going to be ONE version. The point is to have friends with it and trade with them for different Pokemon or trade online. Since Nintendo is all about human interaction instead of playing alone.

And no, they don't want/expect you to buy both versions for yourself. That's just something people do because they can't be bothered to trade with other people.
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu

NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 08 Jan 2013 18:40

MoldyClay wrote:
Mirr0rR3flection wrote:The new Pokemon look so good imo! (couldn't say the same for 5th gens) :pika:

Not sure if serious. You really saying the 5 we've seen look better than any from Gen5? I'm unsure if I should start laughing yet.

I mean, the starters had a better initial gut reaction though.

I'm always serious… remember last time? ;)

And I yes I do think they look better than most from Gen 5th. (all in my opinion so nows a good a time as any for you to start laughing at me for having one. :lol: )
_______
Seeing these new starters and legendaries have me feeling excited in Pokemon again. I actually want to really dive into Pokemon games again now to prepare myself for these new ones. Black/White 1&2 while good games for those who liked them, have yet to really convince me they're worth my time. I touched them for little awhile, then never bothered to again. Gonna have to now just for the sake of it, but I'll start with games like Soulsilver just so that I can get comfortable then work my way up to Black/White 1&2. :)
I once lived in a bubble… but eventually… I grew tired of it. So yeah… wishes do come true… well for me at least!Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

Postby Berrix » 08 Jan 2013 18:55

Anyone else notice (and for some reason, very excited for) that the new starter Grass pokemon is not reptilian of any form? Seriously, as much as it is pointless as a whole, this excited me the most on the first watch.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Postby J0RdAnN » 08 Jan 2013 19:53

Berrix wrote:Anyone else notice (and for some reason, very excited for) that the new starter Grass pokemon is not reptilian of any form? Seriously, as much as it is pointless as a whole, this excited me the most on the first watch.

Yeah this is the first gen without a reptile as the grass type... I'm still trying to figure out the puns or word fusions in the names, most of them are fun to figure out. My favorite is Tepig a fusion of Tepid meaning lukewarm and pig.

The Grass Starter is Chespin
Chestnut and Spin/ Pin ? or cheese (because it's a rodent of some kind) and pin (look at it's hat and tail)?

The Fire Starter is Fennekin
Which is Fennec (a species of fox which the design is similar too) and Kin most likely being from Kindle

The Water is Froakie
Fro could be from Frog or Frozen if it's later evolutions turn out to be Ice type...odd for a frog...and "oakie" could be a play on "Croaky"
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 08 Jan 2013 20:03

Have you guys seen the starter's moves. If you look, Chespin clearly uses night slash, Fennekin uses a psychic type move, and Froakie is possible doing a fighting type move, leading me to guess that their evolutions will be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting. You know what that would mean? A double triangle! Grass is great against water, but at the same time, Fighting is good against Dark. Fire does good against Grass, but Dark is great against Psychic. Water does well against Fire, but Psychic is good against Fighting. That would mean every starter is neutral against each other. Wouldn't that be awesome. ^_^
Last edited by Mirr0rR3flection on 09 Jan 2013 00:25, edited 2 times in total.
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

Postby MoldyClay » 08 Jan 2013 20:07

Am I the only one to notice that Chespin looks like Bianca?

Mirr0rR3flection wrote:I'm always serious… remember last time? ;)

And I yes I do think they look better than most from Gen 5th. (all in my opinion so nows a good a time as any for you to start laughing at me for having one. :lol: )
_______
Seeing these new starters and legendaries have me feeling excited in Pokemon again. I actually want to really dive into Pokemon games again now to prepare myself for these new ones. Black/White 1&2 while good games for those who liked them, have yet to really convince me they're worth my time. I touched them for little awhile, then never bothered to again. Gonna have to now just for the sake of it, but I'll start with games like Soulsilver just so that I can get comfortable then work my way up to Black/White 1&2. :)

Well, I just mean... that's 5 that you're saying are better than most of about a hundred.

It's just an opinion, obviously, but I dunno. Guess it's hard to believe one. But I have a hard time taking anyone seriously when bashing Gen 5 because a lot of their complaints are crazy and seem to ignore how bland some of the older ones actually looked.

If we started with Gen 5 and worked toward Gen 1, people would not be holding the original 151 in such high regard as they do (nothing to do with you, just an observation).

I can see not wanting to play BW1/2 after playing so many of the games but I honestly can't think of going back to previous games with how fast battle are, how much more involved the story is, the animations and so on. The only real pull of past games (aside from nostalgia) is that they had more post game. BW/2 don't have a lot of "after the story" stuff.

Berrix wrote:Anyone else notice (and for some reason, very excited for) that the new starter Grass pokemon is not reptilian of any form? Seriously, as much as it is pointless as a whole, this excited me the most on the first watch.

Well, I mean, Chikorita, but yes. I agree.

J0RdAnN wrote:The Grass Starter is Chespin
Chestnut and Spin/ Pin ? or cheese (because it's a rodent of some kind) and pin (look at it's hat and tail)?

The Fire Starter is Fennekin
Which is Fennec (a species of fox which the design is similar too) and Kin most likely being from Kindle

The Water is Froakie
Fro could be from Frog or Frozen if it's later evolutions turn out to be Ice type...odd for a frog...and "oakie" could be a play on "Croaky"

Chespin is Chestnut and pins, like needles. The Japanese name implies it will evolve into a hedgehog of some sort.

Kin in Fennekin is a double meaning. Kindle could be one, but I think it's more likely "kin" like a Fennec kin, relating to it being a relative of its evolutions. They do stuff like this a lot. For example, the Japanese name translates to something along the lines of Fox Child.

Froakie could be Frog, Croak and Toadie/Toady (like a person who sucks up to someone else/does their dirty work) but that's debatable (but logical, since it's like a Frog word).

Mirr0rR3flection wrote:Have guys seen the starter's moves. If you look, Chespin clearly uses night slash, Fennekin uses a psychic type move, and Froakie is possible doing a fighting type move, leading me to guess that their evolutions will be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting. You know what that would mean? A double triangle! Grass is good against water, but at the same time, Fighting is good against Dark! Fire is good against Grass, but Dark is good against Psychic! Water is good against Fire, but Psychic is good against Fighting! That would mean that every starter is neutral against each other. Awesome! ^_^

I keep seeing people making this wild assumption about moves that we can't tell and that Fennekin is using a Psychic move solely because we see something purple being used.

I mean, they could do that, and I've been waiting for that to happen, but the basis is solely on colored moves and a physical (could be normal) move.

I wouldn't be against this or even that surprised, but the evidence is weak. Could be a poison move, and you don't have to be Psychic to use Psychic moves.
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu

NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 08 Jan 2013 21:11

MoldyClay wrote:Well, I just mean... that's 5 that you're saying are better than most of about a hundred.

Maybe I really was judging a little to early but when I saw these 5 to me it showed this game had promise. (basicly I liked what I saw) Unlike with 5th gen which I took one look its starters went "meh". Reshiram was ok but Zekrom looked like a Digimon to me at first. O_o

MoldyClay wrote:It's just an opinion, obviously, but I dunno. Guess it's hard to believe one. But I have a hard time taking anyone seriously when bashing Gen 5 because a lot of their complaints are crazy and seem to ignore how bland some of the older ones actually looked.

Thats understandable, I mean we all have a different view of 5th gen. I personally didn't find the older ones bland. I felt they kept the good designs in and left the bad/lazy ones out. With 5th gen they just didn't seem to bother picking out the good ones from the bad ones as they left both in. Felt like they were rushing to make new Pokemon designs to meet the quota needed make a gen like the 1st one. I couldn't find a Pokemon (besides my starter) that I liked until I reach Castelia City.

MoldyClay wrote:I can see not wanting to play BW1/2 after playing so many of the games but I honestly can't think of going back to previous games with how fast battle are, how much more involved the story is, the animations and so on. The only real pull of past games (aside from nostalgia) is that they had more post game. BW/2 don't have a lot of "after the story" stuff.

The reason why I don't want to go back with BW1/2 just yet is cause mentally I associate it as "bad" as crazy as that sounds. Its the gen that burnt me out from playing Pokemon but honestly that might have been my fault since at the time I was obsessed with finding Shinies which was time consuming. I couldn't find a shiny Solosis after all the time I spent trying to and it burnt me out. I want to go back to a past game (such as Soulsilver which I've yet to finish) so that I could get comfortable again with the series. I was thinking of going back to Sapphire or Emerald at one point but with a possible remake in the future I'm holding off on doing that. I know the newer games offer more with story and animation and such but for now I'm more concerned with how I'll get back into Pokemon games.

MoldyClay wrote:I keep seeing people making this wild assumption about moves that we can't tell and that Fennekin is using a Psychic move solely because we see something purple being used.

I mean, they could do that, and I've been waiting for that to happen, but the basis is solely on colored moves and a physical (could be normal) move.

I wouldn't be against this or even that surprised, but the evidence is weak. Could be a poison move, and you don't have to be Psychic to use Psychic moves.

Yeah the evidence I'll admit is weak. Its just a little observation I made for now with what little we know about them.
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

Next

Return to 3DS / DS