Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Whats better then one screen? Well two screens of course! Current-gen portables inside: DS, Lite, DSi, DSXL, 3DS...

Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Postby J0RdAnN » 25 Mar 2013 11:11

I've yet to complete a full ScareScraper, Most people seem to drop out after 5-8 floors. :/
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby pummy84 » 25 Mar 2013 13:41

I did a 5 floor normal hunter scarescraper with 2 other players. Seems fun if everyone stay in the game.

Edit: Just did a random one, and it stunk when one guy just stood there after 10 floors, doing nothing. After a few more floors, we came across a race floor, meaning we couldn't continue.

Ended getting 1st place though :wink:
pummy84
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: pummy84
3DS: 4682-8453-7375
PSN: Amasno
XBL: Amasno

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 25 Mar 2013 21:52

Dear God, the boss fights in this game are amazing. Most fun I've had with boss fights in awhile.
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: TriforceoftheGod
3DS: 2921-9263-7348
Steam ID: TriforceoftheGods
PSN: TriforceoftheGod

Postby J0RdAnN » 25 Mar 2013 22:36

Triforce of the Gods wrote:Dear God, the boss fights in this game are amazing. Most fun I've had with boss fights in awhile.

I've only done the 1st boss and I absolutely loved it, I wish zelda had bosses like this, as well as bosses like Mr. Freeze from Arkham City. Something that requires more brain power...
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby SDDMN » 26 Mar 2013 21:25

I beat the game five minutes ago, so here's my thoughts on the final boss and the ending.

Spoiler:
The final battle with King Boo was pretty cool! You know how boos hide their faces when you turn in their direction? You use that against him so he gets bonked on the head by spiked balls, you have to do this three times to defeat him and in between each time you're running down a long hallway filled with obstacles being chased by the King as a giant. It was a pretty satisfying fight for a final boss, definitely harder than the final fight against King Boo in the original Luigi's Mansion.

The ending, while not as awesome as the first game's ending, is still pretty cool to watch. Luigi saves Mario and restores the dark moon, which makes the ghosts except the boos nice again. Everyone poses for a picture, and we go back to Luigi's house. Luigi decided to keep the polterpup as a pet, and they fall asleep with the polterpup in Luigi's lap.
SDDMN
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: SDDMN25
3DS: 4596-9457-8127

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 26 Mar 2013 21:36

SDDMN wrote:I beat the game five minutes ago, so here's my thoughts on the final boss and the ending.

Spoiler:
The final battle with King Boo was pretty cool! You know how boos hide their faces when you turn in their direction? You use that against him so he gets bonked on the head by spiked balls, you have to do this three times to defeat him and in between each time you're running down a long hallway filled with obstacles being chased by the King as a giant. It was a pretty satisfying fight for a final boss, definitely harder than the final fight against King Boo in the original Luigi's Mansion.

The ending, while not as awesome as the first game's ending, is still pretty cool to watch. Luigi saves Mario and restores the dark moon, which makes the ghosts except the boos nice again. Everyone poses for a picture, and we go back to Luigi's house. Luigi decided to keep the polterpup as a pet, and they fall asleep with the polterpup in Luigi's lap.

Spoiler:
I d'aawwwed when I saw the polterpup on his lap. I want one of my own.
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby Mako » 27 Mar 2013 00:10

I just got the game today along with Star Fox. Buy one get one half off deal. I'm enjoying Luigi's mansion a bit more so far.

My only complaint so far is that the 3D affect gets in the way of using the gyro feature. Besides that, it is a lot of fun. Love the DS as the phone, a nice little touch.
Mako
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: Mako91
3DS: 4167-4543-6089
Wii: 0725-3780-1331-9030
PSN: yugoboy91

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 27 Mar 2013 00:39

Mako wrote:My only complaint so far is that the 3D affect gets in the way of using the gyro feature. Besides that, it is a lot of fun. Love the DS as the phone, a nice little touch.

More like the gyro feature got in the way of the 3D effect :P But yes that was annoying. I also wish the Dual Scream could be used to look in first person like the Game Boy Horror did in the original.
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby Battlestriker123 » 27 Mar 2013 00:56

I just got the game today and it's a ton of fun. One thing I noticed was that while the game looks amazing, I've encountered multiple little technical bugs (small things like glitching shadows, messed up collision detection, random sound stuttering here and there) but other than that I don't really have any problems with it... yet :D
Favorite Game: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA)
Just Finished: Blackwell Deception (PC)
Now Playing: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS)
Follow me on MyIGN! http://people.ign.com/battlestriker123
Battlestriker123
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: Battlestriker123
3DS: 3539-8800-5372
Steam ID: Battlestriker123

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 27 Mar 2013 00:58

I hit a glitch where I was holding Toad with the Poltergust and went to use a portal. Luigi started to go through it, then stopped to wave Toad through. He just stood there indefinitely waiting for the Toad attached to the Poltergust to step through. Had to reset :/
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby rockmankun » 27 Mar 2013 11:46

Finally gonna get this game later today =D. Btw anyone experiencing those frame rate drops some reviews talk about?
rockmankun
Shyguy
Shyguy

3DS: 2191-7714-7436

Postby MegaMan64 » 27 Mar 2013 12:09

rockmankun wrote:Finally gonna get this game later today =D. Btw anyone experiencing those frame rate drops some reviews talk about?

Not really. The frame rate is really good. Never experienced any drops.

Feel free to add me on your 3DS. PM me if u do. Also got a Wii U now, so add me as well and PM me!

MegaMan64
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Nerps64
3DS: 4596-9581-6101
Steam ID: SuperObjection64
PSN: SuperSpy12

Postby SDDMN » 27 Mar 2013 19:13

I tried Scarescraper, it's great as long as people don't decide to be twats and cop out randomly, especially if you're about to face a boss.

I THINK I might have hit a glitch during a round of Hunter mode.

For some reason, I was stuck in one room without the ability to enter any of the doors. No matter how many times I pressed X in front of a door, it didn't open for me. The countdown music that plays when you're hunting for red coins was playing, and once it was over, no music played, and I couldn't do anything to help my teammate who ended up getting mauled by ghosts.

I could manipulate the objects that can be messed with using the vacuum, but I couldn't open the closet door in the corner.

I think I might know what happened though, the person who made the 5 floor round quit around the time we started the third floor, and that might have caused the glitch to happen.

If it's not that, then I don't know what happened.
SDDMN
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: SDDMN25
3DS: 4596-9457-8127

Postby Heatran5400 » 27 Mar 2013 20:00

One question. Tis a spoiler so only look at the question after you finish the game.
Spoiler:
How did Mario get trapped?

Scarescraper. It had much better framerates than the story. It is much smoother. I love how you can just play without game by 3DS download. So if someone wants to play it or try it out, just give em it! :D

I love how they had a Donkey Kong Country Returns cameo. In Scarescraper a greenie can have a spear. If you look closely to the spear, there is a Tiki!
Hi. This may be me.
Heatran5400
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: Heatran5400
Steam ID: Heatran5400

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 27 Mar 2013 20:31

Had a blast with ScareScraper for my first time playing yesterday. Lots of great fun moments in them. Just yesterday in one room me and one of my teammates died so were there crying out for help from our 3rd and only teammate who was in a faraway room. Hilarious stuff, plus in Rush Mode I found myself getting stuck in vases a lot which was embarrassing XD. Well anyway I managed to clear a Polterpup Mode 25 floor on Normal with all 3 of my teammates plus a Rush Mode 25 floor also on Normal with my 2 teammates from Japan btw. Wasn't easy though since in most sessions I did my teamsmates sort of... left. :/

Since were on the subject of glitches, thought I'd mention one I encountered in ScareScraper. Well me and my teamsmates were in this one room with an ice floor and a cabinet dresser that transports. One of my teammates bumped me just behind the side of the cabinet dresser and I fell out of the room as I could see Luigi falling. Turns out the camera stayed focus on the room for 2 seconds then I magically appeared back in the room. :D Not to mention the person who bumped me saw the whole thing. Btw this glitch happened to me twice.
I once lived in a bubble… but eventually… I grew tired of it. So yeah… wishes do come true… well for me at least!Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Postby Sammet » 28 Mar 2013 08:25

GAME randomly cancelled my preorder so I went down to my local shop today, had a little moan, and they gave me a free Boo stress ball anyway :D
PM me and I'll add you to my 3DS - feel free to add my NNID for WiiU too!
Sammet
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: Samwiise
3DS: 0817-3844-7533
Wii: 6169 7599 9537 5328

Postby pummy84 » 28 Mar 2013 15:12

Mirr0rR3flection wrote:Since were on the subject of glitches, thought I'd mention one I encountered in ScareScraper. Well me and my teamsmates were in this one room with an ice floor and a cabinet dresser that transports. One of my teammates bumped me just behind the side of the cabinet dresser and I fell out of the room as I could see Luigi falling. Turns out the camera stayed focus on the room for 2 seconds then I magically appeared back in the room. :D Not to mention the person who bumped me saw the whole thing. Btw this glitch happened to me twice.

I encountered this "glitch" too and was like :shock:
pummy84
Octorok
Octorok

Postby bellboy » 28 Mar 2013 18:12

Triforce of the Gods wrote:
SDDMN wrote:I beat the game five minutes ago, so here's my thoughts on the final boss and the ending.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I d'aawwwed when I saw the polterpup on his lap. I want one of my own.

Hear hear. If Nintendo knows what they're doing they won't let that thing die. No pun intended. I want this made canon!
Even if its only for cameo purposes.

Edit: @Sammet Good for you! It's an awesome pre-order gift.
bellboy
Boo
Boo

NN ID: bellboy64
XBL: Madaman64

Online in Download Play and Regrets

Postby peenbbb2 » 31 Mar 2013 08:13

Wow. Even in Download Play (after being disconnected from my big brother for some weird reason), I was able to play the game online. I tried it. It was fun.

Although, I felt TERRIBLE for leaving a player who got stuck in the carpet. :( I tried sucking the carpet where he/she is on, but no luck. This was my first time playing the game, so I didn't know what to do. How do I set them free if I were to encourter it again? (If I have to go to him/her and then press X, I am going to slap myself.)
peenbbb2
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: peenSuperLoser
3DS: 0903-3092-2677
Wii: 4402-3700-8031-3294
XBL: P33nolia513

Postby the_nintendo_screw » 31 Mar 2013 08:36

@peenbbb2: You go to one of the carpet's corners, suck it in with the vacuum, and then tug back and press 'A'.

Online is fun, but I wish that the game would explain how to get out of sticky situations better. Every time I get cursed no one can help me. If anyone wants to know, you have to shine the dark light on the player with a curse.
MasterofMonsters is super awesome! I lost a bet. Hehe!
the_nintendo_screw
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: BRabbitofInle
3DS: 2062 9226 9407
Wii: 0688 2898 9694 3464

Postby nintenfan1456 » 31 Mar 2013 09:04

@the_nintendo_screw Yeah, I feel the same way... When I get cursed and my team members have no idea how to undo it, I curse them (by touching them) Then I get rid of their curse with my dark light, which shows them how, thus I get uncursed :P
nintenfan1456
Octorok
Octorok

Postby rockmankun » 31 Mar 2013 11:42

For those who beat the game:

Spoiler:
Is there a point for getting all the gems in each of the mansions? What about getting all the boos? I know getting all the boos in one mansion unlocks a bonus mission but is that it?
rockmankun
Shyguy
Shyguy

3DS: 2191-7714-7436

Postby Heatran5400 » 31 Mar 2013 14:25

rockmankun wrote:For those who beat the game:

Spoiler:
Is there a point for getting all the gems in each of the mansions? What about getting all the boos? I know getting all the boos in one mansion unlocks a bonus mission but is that it?

answers:
Spoiler:
yes. Getting all the gems in one mansion makes a "cool" trophy. Each trophy is just a different pose of liugi. Boos get an extra level and just increases # in boo canister. That is all.

Questions for scarescraper:
Spoiler:
1. How do you unlock endless mode and random mode?
2. What is the point of getting stuck in a carpet? It makes no sense at all. At least the vase on head makes sense considering Luigi's clumziness.
Hi. This may be me.
Heatran5400
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: Heatran5400
Steam ID: Heatran5400

Postby FighterKirby » 31 Mar 2013 15:57

Heatran5400 wrote:Questions for scarescraper:
Spoiler:
2. What is the point of getting stuck in a carpet? It makes no sense at all. At least the vase on head makes sense considering Luigi's clumziness.

Spoiler:
1. Endless Mode is unlocked in each mode once you finish a 25-floor run. Finishing all 25-floor missions in each mode is my guess on how to unlock Random...considering that's the first I've heard of such a thing. Or perhaps it has something to do with getting to a certain point in Endless Mode. But I'm certain about how to unlock Endless Mode.

2. Rug-pulling becomes a key element late in the game so I'm not surprised they put it in. I'm not that annoyed about it since you can still defend yourself if the room is haunted. And from experience, people usually free me pretty quickly anyway.

On topic for the main game, I've put in over 50 hours on this game since I got it at midnight on launch day. Not quite finished story mode because I've been purposely been dragging it out to get triple-stars on previous missions. I'm disappointed about getting all the Poltergust upgrades by the third mansion, since I love treasure hunting and I'm quickly losing any motivation to explore and look for secret goodies. They could have went with a Strobulb upgrade or maybe spaced out the other upgrades a bit farther. This game is still my favorite 3DS game, but it ain't perfect.
3DS Friend Code: 3866-8009-2295
PM me if you want to exchange codes!
FighterKirby
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: DreamRKirby
3DS: 3866-8009-2295

Postby pummy84 » 31 Mar 2013 21:01

FighterKirby wrote:
Heatran5400 wrote:Questions for scarescraper:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
1. Endless Mode is unlocked in each mode once you finish a 25-floor run. Finishing all 25-floor missions in each mode is my guess on how to unlock Random...considering that's the first I've heard of such a thing. Or perhaps it has something to do with getting to a certain point in Endless Mode. But I'm certain about how to unlock Endless Mode.

2. Rug-pulling becomes a key element late in the game so I'm not surprised they put it in. I'm not that annoyed about it since you can still defend yourself if the room is haunted. And from experience, people usually free me pretty quickly anyway.

On topic for the main game, I've put in over 50 hours on this game since I got it at midnight on launch day. Not quite finished story mode because I've been purposely been dragging it out to get triple-stars on previous missions. I'm disappointed about getting all the Poltergust upgrades by the third mansion, since I love treasure hunting and I'm quickly losing any motivation to explore and look for secret goodies. They could have went with a Strobulb upgrade or maybe spaced out the other upgrades a bit farther. This game is still my favorite 3DS game, but it ain't perfect.

Spoiler:
Actually, you unlock Surprise Mode by finishing the Dark Moon storyline
pummy84
Octorok
Octorok

PreviousNext

Return to 3DS / DS