The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Whats better then one screen? Well two screens of course! Current-gen portables inside: DS, Lite, DSi, DSXL, 3DS...

Re: Zelda 3DS Announced

Postby tendoboy1984 » 23 Apr 2013 22:05

The hell? Keiji Inafune made The Minish Cap?
I don't want an "all-in-one" multimedia system. I want a GAME console. ~ (me after the Xbox One reveal)
tendoboy1984
Boo
Boo

3DS: 4597-0176-3500
Wii: 5519-8046-0668-6068
PSN: PS_Man1984

Postby MoldyClay » 25 Apr 2013 04:54

tendoboy1984 wrote:The hell? Keiji Inafune made The Minish Cap?

Well, he was the Producer. So however you view that in creation. This is the same role Inafune played for Megaman 8, 9 & 10, X4, the Legends series, and the original Dead Rising.

It was Directed by Hidemaro Fujibayashi. This guy also directed Oracles, the original Four Swords and Skyward Sword. He also wrote the story for Phantom Hourglass.
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu

NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Postby Lebesgue » 25 Apr 2013 17:24

I don't like the way it looks at all. It's safe and bland. However, it's a Zelda game, so I'll play it.
Lebesgue
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby tendoboy1984 » 25 Apr 2013 17:37

I would love to see a 3D Zelda game with a huge open world that we can explore freely (like Skyrim). No more hand-holding, no more supporting characters, no more "go here and do this" nonsense.
I don't want an "all-in-one" multimedia system. I want a GAME console. ~ (me after the Xbox One reveal)
tendoboy1984
Boo
Boo

3DS: 4597-0176-3500
Wii: 5519-8046-0668-6068
PSN: PS_Man1984

Postby MoldyClay » 25 Apr 2013 21:19

tendoboy1984 wrote:I would love to see a 3D Zelda game with a huge open world that we can explore freely (like Skyrim). No more hand-holding, no more supporting characters, no more "go here and do this" nonsense.

If you want to be real, ALttP pulled the GO HERE DO THIS crap too.
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 25 Apr 2013 21:25

MoldyClay wrote:
tendoboy1984 wrote:I would love to see a 3D Zelda game with a huge open world that we can explore freely (like Skyrim). No more hand-holding, no more supporting characters, no more "go here and do this" nonsense.

Yeah, it was what, three times that it made sure to let you know you need to go check out the cave at Lake Hylia?
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: TriforceoftheGod
3DS: 2921-9263-7348
Steam ID: TriforceoftheGods
PSN: TriforceoftheGod

Postby MoldyClay » 25 Apr 2013 21:31

Triforce of the Gods wrote:
MoldyClay wrote:

Yeah, it was what, three times that it made sure to let you know you need to go check out the cave at Lake Hylia?

I was actually just referencing the waypoint thing showing you exactly where to go on the map.

It's not hand holding, but it's not the same as Zelda 1, where you had no direction.

That's all.
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 25 Apr 2013 21:35

Oh yeah, that too. Though to be fair, the Light World markers don't appear unless you talk to a random kid in Kakariko Village as the lady who lives where the first mark points was utterly unhelpful.
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby Aretxen » 25 Apr 2013 21:49

I'm OK with some hand holding, I usually end up getting lost in 2D Zeldas and have to look up a guide, so I would welcome it.
Aretxen
Fairy
Fairy

Postby MoldyClay » 27 Apr 2013 07:46

Triforce of the Gods wrote:Oh yeah, that too. Though to be fair, the Light World markers don't appear unless you talk to a random kid in Kakariko Village as the lady who lives where the first mark points was utterly unhelpful.

What about Sahasrahla? At least, on the GBA version (can't remember original) he shows you where all the dungeons and Master Sword are.

Again, not making a stink about this stuff. Just saying it existed.
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 27 Apr 2013 10:44

MoldyClay wrote:
Triforce of the Gods wrote:Oh yeah, that too. Though to be fair, the Light World markers don't appear unless you talk to a random kid in Kakariko Village as the lady who lives where the first mark points was utterly unhelpful.

What about Sahasrahla? At least, on the GBA version (can't remember original) he shows you where all the dungeons and Master Sword are.

Oh derp. I was thinking the kid did that, but he only shows you where Sahasrahla is, that's right.

Yeah I figured. People forget older games had some semblence of help too.
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby MoldyClay » 28 Apr 2013 02:31

Triforce of the Gods wrote:
MoldyClay wrote:

Oh derp. I was thinking the kid did that, but he only shows you where Sahasrahla is, that's right.

Yeah I figured. People forget older games had some semblence of help too.

Yeah. I don't think the priest tells you to go to Kakariko, but I can't remember now. But yeah, the kid tells you where Sahasrahla is and then he just labels all the dungeons and stuff. And so on.

Zelda 1 doesn't help you in-game, but there was a map with the original that labeled the first 4 dungeons and some other stuff. But the first 4 dungeons are actually the easiest to find, seeing as 5 and 6 require navigating lost mountains/woods areas and 7, 8 & 9 all have hidden entrances.

I'm trying to think of other old games that helped you out, but to be honest, I mostly played linear games on NES, SNES and Genesis and less so open-world.

ALttP may have actually been the only one pre-3D to really do that for Zelda. I don't recall help in LA other than interventions, but they didn't tell you where to go, just indicated you were doing something right.
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu

Postby TheKeeseEffect » 29 May 2013 00:30

I'm really surprised and sorta impressed that there making another top-down style Zelda game, I thought they were going to go with a more Console type Zelda. Time for me to make a confession though, I never actually beat A Link to the Past, but I'm definitely going to now.
J0RdAnN wrote:I honestly will still buy it, but I am not a fan of this art style at all. "Chibi-Link" just looks plastic like.
I totally agree, it's not going to stop me from purchasing it, or even liking the game for that matter, but I'm not a fan.
TheKeeseEffect
Chocobo
Chocobo

3DS: 0619-3225-0273

Postby Jirachi » 06 Jun 2013 02:05

Aretxen wrote:I'm OK with some hand holding, I usually end up getting lost in 2D Zeldas and have to look up a guide, so I would welcome it.

I agree i think a good middle ground is to have lots of hints but make as many of the as possible skipable.

and i don't want to see sidkicks removed until they make a sidekick better then midna.
My favorite zelda game is Twilight Princess and Jirachi is my favorite pokemon <3 skype:SSBBKING

My youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR-OCE ... a9XCznbJ6A
Jirachi
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Jirachifan
3DS: 1848-1701-2271
Wii: 5376-4745-6865-7604
PSN: TCDFTW
XBL: N and 360 fan

Postby bellboy » 06 Jun 2013 02:34

Jirachi wrote:
Aretxen wrote:I'm OK with some hand holding, I usually end up getting lost in 2D Zeldas and have to look up a guide, so I would welcome it.

I agree i think a good middle ground is to have lots of hints but make as many of the as possible skipable.

and i don't want to see sidkicks removed until they make a sidekick better then midna.

There are several better sidekicks than Midna. Including Navi.

There ought to be an option for help systems. Turn it on or off. I'm playing Minish Cap right now and it's a breeze of a game to me and I realised over time Ezlo (the BEST sidekick) never offered more than very vague hints or reiterating what your next main objective is and I was fine with that.*
For example the dungeons he never really helps you until it contextually pops up. Like in Deepwood Shrine when release the barrel he notes "Uh-oh, this thing's moving!" but other than that he just says "we need the Earth Element get to it!"

I understand not everyone can piece things together as easily I might (I'm not trying to be arrogant but it just so happens I rarely get stuck in games like Zelda) but Minish Cap pretty much proves you can have a solid game without a nannying companion. And Ezlo's a sarcastic, stuffy but very likeable asshole. And I f**king love him for it. Also he's a walking (sorta) talking hat. Which is probably the main reason why I love him so much.

*I know this for a fact. Because as soon as he's on my head I bug him for a bit. New area, bug Ezlo. New plot development, bug Ezlo. He's brilliant company! :D
bellboy
Boo
Boo

NN ID: bellboy64
XBL: Madaman64

Postby Jirachi » 06 Jun 2013 02:42

bellboy wrote:
Jirachi wrote:

There are several better sidekicks than Midna. Including Navi.

There ought to be an option for help systems. Turn it on or off. I'm playing Minish Cap right now and it's a breeze of a game to me and I realised over time Ezlo (the BEST sidekick) never offered more than very vague hints or reiterating what your next main objective is and I was fine with that.*
For example the dungeons he never really helps you until it contextually pops up. Like in Deepwood Shrine when release the barrel he notes "Uh-oh, this thing's moving!" but other than that he just says "we need the Earth Element get to it!"

I understand not everyone can piece things together as easily I might (I'm not trying to be arrogant but it just so happens I rarely get stuck in games like Zelda) but Minish Cap pretty much proves you can have a solid game without a nannying companion. And Ezlo's a sarcastic, stuffy but very likeable asshole. And I f**king love him for it. Also he's a walking (sorta) talking hat. Which is probably the main reason why I love him so much.

*I know this for a fact. Because as soon as he's on my head I bug him for a bit. New area, bug Ezlo. New plot development, bug Ezlo. He's brilliant company! :D

no what made midna good was her character development.
and she's also one of the few sidekicks who isn't annoying the entire game(tatl,midna,st zelda and elzo are the least annoying)
My favorite zelda game is Twilight Princess and Jirachi is my favorite pokemon <3 skype:SSBBKING

My youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR-OCE ... a9XCznbJ6A
Jirachi
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Jirachifan
3DS: 1848-1701-2271
Wii: 5376-4745-6865-7604
PSN: TCDFTW
XBL: N and 360 fan

Postby MoldyClay » 06 Jun 2013 03:38

Jirachi wrote:no what made midna good was her character development.
and she's also one of the few sidekicks who isn't annoying the entire game(tatl,midna,st zelda and elzo are the least annoying)

Navi wasn't annoying either. Aside from Inside The Great Deku Tree (and I think one other time, and then the very end with Ganon) she doesn't actively speak to you in the story or forcefully interrupt you on the field.

She WILL do her HEY! or LISTEN!, but *you* are in control over how that affects you from that point on. If you choose to not talk to her when she says HEY!, you will never get forced to listen to what she has to say. And she will NOT bug you again until you load a new area (so like, if you're in a town she won't bug you until you leave it) OR if you press the button and let her talk to you. If you let her say something, she's start over and will bug you again in a bit. The only real way to mess this up is if you need to go into first person for some reason (since it's the same button).

Because I never press Up C (or its equivalent), I have never experienced a problem with Navi. She becomes irrelevant.

That said, I can't remember how Ceila was handled. And the stone/King of Red Lions was pretty much a "YOU HAVE TO GO HERE NEXT". He wasn't annoying in the sense that he kept bothering you (he didn't), but he gave you absolutely no room to just explore. He just told you where to go next.

Tatl and Midna were likable characters integrated with the story, but as HELPERS they were awful. They don't really know anything and aren't very helpful. But they do give vague ideas of what to do, which is good because it's not shoving stuff in your face like Fi.

Ezlo was probably a good helper, but I barely remember him other than "I hate your face, you're a jerk, and your voice is annoying"... so I like to forget him.

Fi was intrusive, told you obvious info and directed you where to go.

I have no problem with Zelda helpers, they just have to get them right.
- Fi was wrong in every way.
- KORL was wrong in the sense he told you where to go, but right in that he didn't bug you.
- Navi was wrong in the sense that she treated you like exploring meant you were lost, but had the right idea with letting you ask her for her vague hint if you DID need help.
- Tatl, Midna & Zelda were on the right track.
- Ezlo & Ceila I can't remember well enough.
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 06 Jun 2013 03:54

I can't just ignore Navi. The indicator is flashing in my peripheral vision, mocking me until I press it to get it to go away. That being said, once you press it and speed through it, she doesn't do it again for awhile.

I liked Fi when she wasn't shoving solutions to simple puzzles down your throat before you even had a chance to think on it. Same with Midna, though she was better about that too.

I agree that Ezlo is best and we need his snark back.

The others were all OK.
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby MAGNUS-8M » 06 Jun 2013 15:51

I have to admit, I never had a problem with Navi...and, even if the internet hates her, I actually found her engrish 'Wissen' 'watch out!' and hey/look/etc to be cute. *shrug* By comparison, in my opinion, Tatl's ding-ding-ting noises were annoying, but that's because the cute-factor that I liked about Navi was removed. Out of the games I've played, I think the stone/King-of-Red-Lions thing was the most annoying for some reason...maybe it auto-interrupted your game or something, I can't remember, I just have that vague feeling of being a little put off by it.

I haven't been following ALttP2 news too much so far, has there been any announcement of a tutorial-follower for this game yet, or is it supposed to be more like the old games?
MAGNUS-8M
Toad
Toad

NN ID: MAGNUS-8M
3DS: 5241-2075-2337

Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Postby Mako » 11 Jun 2013 11:25

A like the new name. It is a nice play on words. Updated OP.
Mako
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: Mako91
3DS: 4167-4543-6089
Wii: 0725-3780-1331-9030
PSN: yugoboy91

Postby Vonter » 07 Aug 2013 17:58

Does the corrupt triforce implies a Hyrule negaverse. If so I want to fight an evil version of princess Zelda, and see a good version of Ganon, maybe a thief dark Link.

Also will the negative triforce represent weakness, foolishness and cowardice?
Vonter
Plumber
Plumber

NN ID: Vonter
3DS: 104879320952

Postby bellboy » 07 Aug 2013 18:36

Vonter wrote:Does the corrupt triforce implies a Hyrule negaverse. If so I want to fight an evil version of princess Zelda, and see a good version of Ganon, maybe a thief dark Link.

Also will the negative triforce represent weakness, foolishness and cowardice?

I would be so behind that. Maybe demonkind made their own Triforce.
bellboy
Boo
Boo

NN ID: bellboy64
XBL: Madaman64

Postby ZSaberLink » 07 Aug 2013 19:46

The new trailer kept up my excitement for the game. While I'm still not entirely sure of the overworld, the new dungeons look really creative =). As much as the "paper mechanic" may be a gimmick, if it really makes the game that much better, perhaps we'll see it in a following installment =).
My Video Games Blog: http://zsaberlink.wordpress.com
ZSaberLink
Boo
Boo

Postby BooDestroyer » 18 Aug 2013 17:52

Don't know if anyone's shown this yet:

Apparently, you can buy your standard weapons from this shop. But this shop is in the dark world, and there's something about that shopkeeper, who looks vaguely like Nabbit. Does this mean you can take on dungeons in any order you want?
BooDestroyer
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Mochlum » 18 Aug 2013 20:27

My guess is that you can only buy from one of the tables at a time, so if you buy the hammer, you can't buy anything else besides the boomerang or bow until you finish the three dungeons they are for. Maybe doing them in different orders can help find more secrets or content? That would add even more replay-ability, and would be an interesting take on dungeon orders. Though I'm not entirely sure that it would work.
Spoiler:
Green = Newcomers I Want
Blue = Veterans I Want Back
Yellow = Alternate Costumes
Red = Assist Trophy/Stage Hazard
Mochlum
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Mochlum

PreviousNext

Return to 3DS / DS