Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Whats better then one screen? Well two screens of course! Current-gen portables inside: DS, Lite, DSi, DSXL, 3DS...

Re: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Postby Sailing_Day » 30 Jun 2013 15:06

MoldyClay wrote:
nGen wrote:So my town is having a thunder and lightning rainstorm today. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't remember this from past games.

Almost positive it was in City Folk, but I don't recall it from anything prior to that.

I popped in my copy of Wild World a couple of days ago and I had a thunderstorm, with the lightning going on in the top screen, so it's certainly nothing new, but it must be rare. I hasn't happened to me in New Leaf yet, even though at this point it's been rainy more than it has been sunny.

I read somewhere that if you drop your items (Which stops villagers from asking to buy your stuff) and your bells (Which stops villagers from asking you to buy THEIR stuff) your chance of getting a PWP request will increase, but I've had no luck. But at this point I'll try anything.
Sailing_Day
Octorok
Octorok

Postby J0RdAnN » 30 Jun 2013 15:29

I've had a couple of thunder storms...doesn't really seem to trigger anything....except hammerhead sharks being more common...
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby CrispyGoomba » 30 Jun 2013 15:40

City Folk didn't have thunderstorms but I don't know about Wild World. Hardly played that game.
CrispyGoomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: CrispyGoomba
3DS: 0688-5315-1722
Wii: 1198-2138-8210-1532
XBL: CrispyGoomba

Postby peenbbb2 » 01 Jul 2013 03:16

Arrrrrgh. Finally. Shampoodle started building her shop. Can't wait to change my character's hair and color. Shame I have to wait for 3 days for it to open...

Also, something strange happened to my twin brother.
He misplaced his street light project and wants to get rid of it right away so he can properly place the project where he wants it to be at. He time traveled to a day forward and after loading his file to a new day, Isabelle informed him that Club LOL is opened. Dr. Shrunk didn't greet him to go through petition signing before and doesn't even have to wait for 5 days for it to open. His club just instantly opened.
Even though Club LOL already opened in my town, my twin brother was so lucky that he didn't have to wait for it to open. (Or maybe not. I wanted to read how Dr. Shrunk introduced himself. :P)

CrispyGoomba wrote:City Folk didn't have thunderstorms but I don't know about Wild World. Hardly played that game.

Both games have thunderstorms from what I experienced.
peenbbb2
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: peenSuperLoser
3DS: 0903-3092-2677
Wii: 4402-3700-8031-3294
XBL: P33nolia513

Postby MoldyClay » 01 Jul 2013 04:51

Got Shampoodle yesterday (got my black, messy hair), T&T was closed, Cafe opened up.

Also got the "Worry" emotion. Girlfriend got "Sunniness" or whatever. This put me at one full line of emoticons.

Today I should have the new T&T store. I'll also have a new room (Would've had it yesterday, but I was too late getting to Nook before he closed up), thus making 5 rooms (3 of which are fully upgraded).

I am also missing only 12 fossils now, I believe. A few random parts and 3 of the pedestal items.

Sailing_Day wrote:I popped in my copy of Wild World a couple of days ago and I had a thunderstorm, with the lightning going on in the top screen, so it's certainly nothing new, but it must be rare. I hasn't happened to me in New Leaf yet, even though at this point it's been rainy more than it has been sunny.

I read somewhere that if you drop your items (Which stops villagers from asking to buy your stuff) and your bells (Which stops villagers from asking you to buy THEIR stuff) your chance of getting a PWP request will increase, but I've had no luck. But at this point I'll try anything.

Ah, hence my not recalling. It's been a long time since I played WW. The wiki acts like they always existed, so I don't know how long they've been around.

I've had it at least 2-3 times in New Leaf. I also had a double rainbow.

As for that forcing PWP requests, I wonder if that works? Hmm...

CrispyGoomba wrote:City Folk didn't have thunderstorms but I don't know about Wild World. Hardly played that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJRC9gg5SCM

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/23197/t ... derstorms/
MoldyClay
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Postby Radiant » 01 Jul 2013 07:04

So happy, Shampoodle finally opened for me, so my character is now a better caricature of me. :lol:

We FINALLY got black hair in an Animal Crossing game! I was afraid it was never going to happen and I was going to be stuck with dark brown hair in the games forever. :(

I also got the cafe project started. I was under the impression that it was something that had to be requested by a villager, so I was pleased when Blathers requested it.

Everything else is going slowly, though. I still haven't gotten a single request from a villager for a project of any kind. It's getting frustrating. Everytime one of the villagers come running up to me, I get excited, but I find it to be only that they want to buy something from me, or even worse they want their greeting changed. What an annoying system to get these unlocked. It's even worse than Mario Kart 7's kart parts unlocking system.
Radiant
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: WoodwindsRock

Postby Asrialys » 01 Jul 2013 11:49

Did anyone find a new house in their HH Showcase today? I found a Rich from Ramburg. I haven't left the house and I'm not showing an StreetPass tags. IIf this wasn't StreetPass, perhaps this is random SpotPass house, similar to random teams in Fire Emblem: Awakening? Something to give the Showcase some use for those who can't get many StreetPasses, if any.
Asrialys
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: Asrialys

Postby CrispyGoomba » 01 Jul 2013 13:00

Wow. Can't believe City Folk has thunderstorms. I played that game for a good 800+ hours and never encountered one. Well, now I know! :o
CrispyGoomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby MoldyClay » 01 Jul 2013 15:08

Asrialys wrote:Did anyone find a new house in their HH Showcase today? I found a Rich from Ramburg. I haven't left the house and I'm not showing an StreetPass tags. IIf this wasn't StreetPass, perhaps this is random SpotPass house, similar to random teams in Fire Emblem: Awakening? Something to give the Showcase some use for those who can't get many StreetPasses, if any.

It's a SpotPass, like Reggie was. I don't know WHO it is, but yeah. I got the blue dot on ACNL and saw the guy there.

Radiant wrote:So happy, Shampoodle finally opened for me, so my character is now a better caricature of me. :lol:

We FINALLY got black hair in an Animal Crossing game! I was afraid it was never going to happen and I was going to be stuck with dark brown hair in the games forever. :(

It didn't even occur to me that we couldn't have black hair in the previous games. I totally forgot that I had to settle for dark brown. HUH. You're AC character's cute, btw. :D

But yeah, I've got my hair. Finally (yesterday). Gonna change it a bunch just to unlock Girl's Styles (and then not use them) but this is my hair until I find a point where I don't play for 2 weeks and get the messy hair (which is what I loved in ACCF).

And a Barry Mii Mask today to go with my Barry Burton costume I made!

Took a bunch of pictures with RE1 quotes. Feels good.

Click Spoiler tag to see them~

Spoiler:
MoldyClay
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Postby GeneticRepoMan » 01 Jul 2013 15:54

Moldyclay, you're my hero <3

Do you have QR codes of the Barry stuff? (Sorry if you've already posted them, if so I'll look back through the history :3) If not, would you be willing to share? You'd become my super hero.

Redd visited my town and I FINALLY got a painting that isn't a forge (last few times had ALL forges or I ended up buying a statue).

My flower clock was finished today and now I'll be working on a lighthouse today.

Should have shampoodle in the next day or so, and my store will be closed for renovations tomorrow.

Also don't forget gang, new DLC starts today! Just got it, and hoping to hit up best buy soon for the cat tower xD.
If you add me on any platform, shoot me a PM and let me know!
GeneticRepoMan
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: GeneticRepoMan
3DS: 3952-7010-8227
PSN: darkfire0

Postby bellboy » 01 Jul 2013 17:11

GeneticRepoMan wrote:Moldyclay, you're my hero <3

Do you have QR codes of the Barry stuff? (Sorry if you've already posted them, if so I'll look back through the history :3) If not, would you be willing to share? You'd become my super hero.

Redd visited my town and I FINALLY got a painting that isn't a forge (last few times had ALL forges or I ended up buying a statue).

My flower clock was finished today and now I'll be working on a lighthouse today.

Should have shampoodle in the next day or so, and my store will be closed for renovations tomorrow.

Also don't forget gang, new DLC starts today! Just got it, and hoping to hit up best buy soon for the cat tower xD.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Forged_Painting
For future reference. Hasn't let me down yet.

Edit: ****me cicadas are noisy things.
bellboy
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: bellboy64
XBL: Madaman64

Postby MoldyClay » 01 Jul 2013 18:06

Got both DLCs today.

The palm tree lamp is pretty cool. The cat tower is HUGE. It's so tall that you can't put it against a wall spot that has something hanging on it. Crazy.

I need someone with the European game to get the Shaved Ice Lamp for me. D:

GeneticRepoMan wrote:Moldyclay, you're my hero <3

I made QR Codes with the machine, but I haven't uploaded them anywhere yet. Will get on that later. :D

I made Barry in City Folk too, but I think it was slightly less detailed. I'll dig out a picture for comparison later, have 'em on my facebook from years ago.
MoldyClay
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Postby bellboy » 01 Jul 2013 19:50

I changed Phil's catchphrase to " *vomits* ". Let that be a lesson to them all.
Spoiler:
Admittedly not my idea.
I recently subscribed to Official Nintendo Magazine UK (again-- been years since I last bought one) and from reading the latest issue let's just say there seems to be a lot more to Joe Skrebel's town than shown in the silly Animal Crossing blog.
Made me laugh eitherway and Phil's been annoying me recently so...
bellboy
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby GeneticRepoMan » 02 Jul 2013 13:15

MoldyClay wrote: I made QR Codes with the machine, but I haven't uploaded them anywhere yet. Will get on that later. :D

I made Barry in City Folk too, but I think it was slightly less detailed. I'll dig out a picture for comparison later, have 'em on my facebook from years ago.

Much obliged my good sir! Interested to see the comparison also.
If you add me on any platform, shoot me a PM and let me know!
GeneticRepoMan
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: GeneticRepoMan
3DS: 3952-7010-8227
PSN: darkfire0

Postby MegaMan64 » 02 Jul 2013 20:00

Still.....waiting....for.....cafe.... :|

Feel free to add me on your 3DS. PM me if u do. Also got a Wii U now, so add me as well and PM me!

MegaMan64
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: Nerps64
3DS: 4596-9581-6101
Steam ID: SuperObjection64
PSN: SuperSpy12

Postby FighterKirby » 03 Jul 2013 00:28

Just randomly had the police station suggested while watering plants over my town's bald spots.

Anyone know if there's a difference between Booker and Copper? I'm going with Booker regardless, but I just wanna know.

Also, the Dream Suite is going to get a lot of use... just saw a GameFAQs topic with some amazing Dream Addresses, and all the different public works projects look SO COOL. Anyone know any good Dream Towns?
3DS Friend Code: 3866-8009-2295
PM me if you want to exchange codes!
FighterKirby
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: DreamRKirby
3DS: 3866-8009-2295

Postby YoshiRider123 » 03 Jul 2013 01:36

FighterKirby wrote:Also, the Dream Suite is going to get a lot of use... just saw a GameFAQs topic with some amazing Dream Addresses, and all the different public works projects look SO COOL. Anyone know any good Dream Towns?

Aika Village.
ImageImage
YoshiRider123
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: YoshiRider123
3DS: 2234-7518-2554
Wii: 7089-5120-7410-8507

Postby FighterKirby » 03 Jul 2013 04:22

YoshiRider123 wrote:
FighterKirby wrote:Also, the Dream Suite is going to get a lot of use... just saw a GameFAQs topic with some amazing Dream Addresses, and all the different public works projects look SO COOL. Anyone know any good Dream Towns?

Aika Village.

Already went there, and some other creepy town too. They were both really well made. Anything else?
FighterKirby
Octorok
Octorok

Postby bellboy » 03 Jul 2013 08:17

FighterKirby wrote:Just randomly had the police station suggested while watering plants over my town's bald spots.

Anyone know if there's a difference between Booker and Copper? I'm going with Booker regardless, but I just wanna know.

Also, the Dream Suite is going to get a lot of use... just saw a GameFAQs topic with some amazing Dream Addresses, and all the different public works projects look SO COOL. Anyone know any good Dream Towns?

No real difference to my knowledge. Just down to preference. Booker's insecure personality is much more endearing to me. (I picture him with Ned Beatty's Otis voice from the Superman movie and it makes me smile)

I don't know how I managed it but I got a perfect town rating (I think...?) yesterday when I checked the citizen satisfaction with Isabelle and unlocked the ability to change my town hall theme. Maybe later but I got the Flower Clock project along with it and it looks GREAT! Funding it at the moment.
(It's basically a flower bed shaped like a clock with what looks like working hands-- almost like a sundial)
bellboy
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby FighterKirby » 04 Jul 2013 14:13

GOING FOR 15 DAYS OF PERFECTION. Never bothered to do so in the last three games, but since it seems to be easier this time around, I might as well stick with it.

Also, ever since I got that perfect town rating to begin with, I've had so many more suggestions for public works projects. Weird. But hey, the more the merrier. I also convinced Ruby, who stuck with me for TWO YEARS in Wild World, to move into my town! Yay!

That makes my village consist of...

Lolly - BFF, yeeeeah.
Boomer - That one dude.
Camofrog - ...eh.
Puddles - Kind, but I don't talk to her much.
Agnes - BLEH.
Beardo - My "bro for life".
Marina - Also from my WW town. BFF.
Dora - New, but I shall befriend her soon.
FighterKirby
Octorok
Octorok

Postby MegaMan64 » 04 Jul 2013 15:24

So whats the best time to go to the island to score some bells? I usually go at night and get a hefty amount. But i'm not sure if there are better times to go bug and fish hunting.

Feel free to add me on your 3DS. PM me if u do. Also got a Wii U now, so add me as well and PM me!

MegaMan64
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: Nerps64
3DS: 4596-9581-6101
Steam ID: SuperObjection64
PSN: SuperSpy12

Postby bellboy » 04 Jul 2013 17:44

MegaMan64 wrote:So whats the best time to go to the island to score some bells? I usually go at night and get a hefty amount. But i'm not sure if there are better times to go bug and fish hunting.

Beats me. The first time I ever saw beetles it was sunset time (on the island-- looked really pretty) and they were in big abundance. Now it feels like they are getting rarer now. Might be to do with time, might just be blind luck. I wagering the latter.
But generally it's night when they come out, till about (I wanna say) 5am.*

On subject of bugs. You need to do this if you haven't already. I caught a scorpion a few minutes ago and donated it to the museum. IT FIGHTS THE TARANTULA. It's funniest thing I've ever seen.
They don't grapple like the hercules beetle and golden stag-- they pace in an endless circle and charge at one another in a clash and circle once again. It really needs to be seen.

*Edit: BIG TIP! Get coconuts and bananas and plant them on your town's beach. When they fully grow you'll get beetles appearing there too! Seriously! (Just caught a horned atlas recently myself. Have caught goliaths and accidently scared off a horned elephant. Damn tide...)
bellboy
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby CrispyGoomba » 04 Jul 2013 19:44

MegaMan64 wrote:So whats the best time to go to the island to score some bells? I usually go at night and get a hefty amount. But i'm not sure if there are better times to go bug and fish hunting.

Best bugs come out at 7PM sharp on banana and coconut trees, so that's the time I've been going.
CrispyGoomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby FighterKirby » 04 Jul 2013 20:44

I have a question... Does anyone know what that "exclusive to NA version" feature was for New Leaf? I swear they mentioned it in a previous Nintendo Direct. Was it just nothing?
FighterKirby
Octorok
Octorok

Postby nGen » 04 Jul 2013 21:12

FighterKirby wrote:I have a question... Does anyone know what that "exclusive to NA version" feature was for New Leaf? I swear they mentioned it in a previous Nintendo Direct. Was it just nothing?

I believe it was this: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/04/13/we ... e-feature/
Any objections lady?
nGen
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

3DS: 1633-4277-3240
Wii: 8216060320213884

PreviousNext

Return to 3DS / DS