Fire Emblem: Awakening (Out in EU!)

Whats better then one screen? Well two screens of course! Current-gen portables inside: DS, Lite, DSi, DSXL, 3DS...

Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening (Coming to America!)

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 29 Jan 2013 17:38

I have mine pre ordered and paid off. Just waiting for release day
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Broken_Cartridge
PSN: Stephen5543

Postby Sammet » 30 Jan 2013 08:22

It sucks we still have to wait till April for an EU release.
PM me and I'll add you to my 3DS - feel free to add my NNID for WiiU too!
Sammet
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: Samwiise
3DS: 0817-3844-7533
Wii: 6169 7599 9537 5328

Postby MegaShock100 » 30 Jan 2013 20:46

I'm not much FE fan, I have only Rekka no Ken and never even got past the prologue chapter (not cause it was bad, I just didn't have motivation to play and other games always take the top priority), but after watching some videos with all the options this game has I'm pretty interested. So this is supposed to be the best in the series or something like that, ya? Don't know if that is truth or just fanatic enthusiasm, but the game does look like it has high production values and lots of polish. The artwork in particular is really gorgeous. I was planning on picking up 3DS when Pokemon Y is out, but with this and Luigi's Mansion coming soon, I think I will buy one much earlier.
MegaShock100
Metool
Metool

Postby YoshiRider123 » 30 Jan 2013 21:26

MegaShock100 wrote:I'm not much FE fan, I have only Rekka no Ken and never even got past the prologue chapter (not cause it was bad, I just didn't have motivation to play and other games always take the top priority), but after watching some videos with all the options this game has I'm pretty interested. So this is supposed to be the best in the series or something like that, ya? Don't know if that is truth or just fanatic enthusiasm, but the game does look like it has high production values and lots of polish. The artwork in particular is really gorgeous. I was planning on picking up 3DS when Pokemon Y is out, but with this and Luigi's Mansion coming soon, I think I will buy one much earlier.

Yes, this game has received universal acclaim across the board from fans and the media alike and is currently the most well regarded game in not only the series, but the genre as well.
ImageImage
YoshiRider123
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: YoshiRider123
3DS: 2234-7518-2554
Wii: 7089-5120-7410-8507

Postby belmontlegacy » 30 Jan 2013 21:31

I used up all 30 times you can play the demo. Next week seems an eternity away =/
belmontlegacy
Shyguy
Shyguy

XBL: The Ahnold

Postby MegaShock100 » 30 Jan 2013 22:35

YoshiRider123 wrote:Yes, this game has received universal acclaim across the board from fans and the media alike and is currently the most well regarded game in not only the series, but the genre as well.

Well the game media's opinion means absolutely nothing to me, but I was genuinely surprised and impressed when I heard IGN gave the game a 9.8. I knew it was considered good, but to be given a 9.8 from IGN who usually keep those score for big-budget, AAA console games where the publisher has also slipped in a decent paycheck into the review copy's box. IGN's garbage, but it was still surprising and impressive that FE: Awakening, a type of game (portable, SRPG, "JRPG", niche, anime artstyle) that usually gets scores from 7-9 (or 7.2-8.9 since it's IGN we're talking about, lol), got a whopping 9.8. Well the score is probably based on hype and production values, and IGN probably doesn't even knows why the game is actually good (or bad), but whatever.

I'm definitely gonna pick this game up, whenever I get a 3DS (which will probably be sooner than I initially expected), so it's true quality will be seen once I actually play it.

currently the most well regarded game in not only the series, but the genre as well.

Best in the genre? Big words. I haven't played much in the genre, but I really LOVE Advance Wars. I've played all the ones released in NA. How would you say it compare to those games?

Btw, sort off-topic, but also sort of relevant, but have you heard off/played Tear Ring Saga for PS1?
MegaShock100
Metool
Metool

Postby YoshiRider123 » 30 Jan 2013 23:43

MegaShock100 wrote:
YoshiRider123 wrote:Yes, this game has received universal acclaim across the board from fans and the media alike and is currently the most well regarded game in not only the series, but the genre as well.

Well the game media's opinion means absolutely nothing to me, but I was genuinely surprised and impressed when I heard IGN gave the game a 9.8. I knew it was considered good, but to be given a 9.8 from IGN who usually keep those score for big-budget, AAA console games where the publisher has also slipped in a decent paycheck into the review copy's box. IGN's garbage, but it was still surprising and impressive that FE: Awakening, a type of game (portable, SRPG, "JRPG", niche, anime artstyle) that usually gets scores from 7-9 (or 7.2-8.9 since it's IGN we're talking about, lol), got a whopping 9.8. Well the score is probably based on hype and production values, and IGN probably doesn't even knows why the game is actually good (or bad), but whatever.

I'm definitely gonna pick this game up, whenever I get a 3DS (which will probably be sooner than I initially expected), so it's true quality will be seen once I actually play it.

currently the most well regarded game in not only the series, but the genre as well.

Best in the genre? Big words. I haven't played much in the genre, but I really LOVE Advance Wars. I've played all the ones released in NA. How would you say it compare to those games?

Btw, sort off-topic, but also sort of relevant, but have you heard off/played Tear Ring Saga for PS1?

Actually I believe it was 9.6, but the point is that the general consensus is that it's a great game. You could always read/watch their review if you really want to know why they scored it so. Or any others for that matter, except for the GameTrailers one because it's so...amateurishly unsubtle with its spoiler teases.

I do not have personal experience in playing Advance Wars but I know things like the fact that unlike Advance Wars, Fire Emblem treats all units individually as unique and personified characters who, if defeated, are gone for good (important note: while a series staple, there is an option in this game to turn this off if you wish, called Casual Mode), much like a normal person would if they died. The aspect of strategy is integrated with the game's other RPG elements that give it a more distinct identity from Advance Wars. At face value you could say they are rather similar but Fire Emblem definitely has a strong focus on characters and story that I've never heard Advance Wars being as notable or exceptional with.

I will say though that I've currently played through eight different Fire Emblem games (mostly the Japanese releases), and I feel very confident that Awakening could be my favorite. Everything about it sounds like they hit the right notes, and my friend who imported a Japanese 3DS just to play this game back when it came out last year shares that sentiment as well.

I'm very familiar with the TearRing Saga game for PS1 and its history. I've never played it but it's definitely a game I have interest in playing at some point.
ImageImage
YoshiRider123
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby TheLastBlade » 31 Jan 2013 23:22

Gametrailers: Gets same score as DMC.

...... That's just disgusting......

On the subject of advance wars and fire emblem comparison, advance wars has characters you won't even care about.
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 02 Feb 2013 00:36

I don't know if this is the case for all GameStops, but GameStops on the East Coast won't be getting this on time. In GameStop's daily Store Informer today it stated that shipments should start arriving on the 8th, but stores could receive it sooner. This was apparently due to some kind of shipment mix up.
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

Postby YoshiRider123 » 02 Feb 2013 00:55

As far as I'm concerned, I'm glad I decided to go with the bundle rather than the physical game, because from the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like the bundles will undergo some kind of silly shipping predicament.

(...I hope I'm right.)
ImageImage
YoshiRider123
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby the_nintendo_screw » 02 Feb 2013 05:46

Anyone else pre-order from Best Buy and get the email about the game being backordered? Now the game isn't expected to arrive at my house for a week or two. Sigh, damnit. :(
MasterofMonsters is super awesome! I lost a bet. Hehe!
the_nintendo_screw
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: BRabbitofInle
3DS: 2062 9226 9407
Wii: 0688 2898 9694 3464

Postby OprahFTWinfrey » 02 Feb 2013 12:17

Broken_Cartridge wrote:I don't know if this is the case for all GameStops, but GameStops on the East Coast won't be getting this on time. In GameStop's daily Store Informer today it stated that shipments should start arriving on the 8th, but stores could receive it sooner. This was apparently due to some kind of shipment mix up.

I had heard about this from some other websites, so I'm going to call my store tomorrow afternoon to check and if this is true, then I'll just download it on the 4th, pick up the art book when it finally does show up in stores (whenever that is), and then exploit their return policy for a refund.

I'm still hoping this won't affect my store, but at least I've got a launch day plan just in case.
OprahFTWinfrey
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: OprahFTWinfrey
3DS: 1461-6286-7912

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 02 Feb 2013 18:20

If the games are having shipping issues all around, then the console might as well, but there is a chance that that will be unaffected.

I personally would go with Digital if Nintendo had actual user accounts for the 3DS. In the event that my 3DS was lost, stolen, or broken to the point that I can't turn it on...then I'm SOL when it comes to the Digital games I bought. Though, with the last option there is a chance of Nintendo being able to restore the games if you send the console in, I would much rather just have the ability to just put the cartridge in the system, rather then have the headache.... So I'll just wait 3-7 more days to get my copy, since I feel like it's more future proof then the digital copy.
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

Postby TheDreamingHawk » 02 Feb 2013 19:29

Broken_Cartridge wrote:If the games are having shipping issues all around, then the console might as well, but there is a chance that that will be unaffected.

I personally would go with Digital if Nintendo had actual user accounts for the 3DS. In the event that my 3DS was lost, stolen, or broken to the point that I can't turn it on...then I'm SOL when it comes to the Digital games I bought. Though, with the last option there is a chance of Nintendo being able to restore the games if you send the console in, I would much rather just have the ability to just put the cartridge in the system, rather then have the headache.... So I'll just wait 3-7 more days to get my copy, since I feel like it's more future proof then the digital copy.

If they were lost or stolen, NOA CAN give you back your DL games via police report or by serial number, which is why I'm gonna download it Monday morning to avoid shipping hassles.

Proud Nintendo fan since N64, proud RPG fan since Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
TheDreamingHawk
Boo
Boo

NN ID: TheDreaminHawk

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 02 Feb 2013 22:31

TheDreamingHawk wrote:
If they were lost or stolen, NOA CAN give you back your DL games via police report or by serial number, which is why I'm gonna download it Monday morning to avoid shipping hassles.

In order to file a police report on a system, you have to know the serial number, and I don't keep that information, nor do I want to go through the hassle.

I was just saying why I wasn't going to do digital, though. By all means, do what you want.
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

Postby TheDreamingHawk » 02 Feb 2013 23:26

Broken_Cartridge wrote:
TheDreamingHawk wrote:

In order to file a police report on a system, you have to know the serial number, and I don't keep that information, nor do I want to go through the hassle.

I was just saying why I wasn't going to do digital, though. By all means, do what you want.

That's perfectly fine and I respect your opinion.

Proud Nintendo fan since N64, proud RPG fan since Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
TheDreamingHawk
Boo
Boo

NN ID: TheDreaminHawk

Postby AmicableWalrus » 03 Feb 2013 11:41

If anyone is able to pick up their copy tomorrow, let us know. I was looking at the Target sale ad today and it was saying that Awakening won't be available until Wednesday. Between this and all of the other delay information that's coming out, it's looking like Monday availability is going to be the exception instead of the rule at most stores.
AmicableWalrus
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: AmicableWalrus
3DS: 1547-5295-6521
PSN: AmicableWalrus
XBL: Mister Ed92

Postby YoshiRider123 » 03 Feb 2013 13:20

Checked up on my bundle order from GameStop. They said Tuesday.

...Dammit.
ImageImage
YoshiRider123
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 03 Feb 2013 13:24

YoshiRider123 wrote:Checked up on my bundle order from GameStop. They said Tuesday.

...Dammit.

Tuesday was when GameStop was planning to get it all along.... I wouldn't count Tuesday as definitive. It could be an employee that doesn't know what he is talking about (but I don't know maybe they do know that they're getting it on Tuesday....but they probably don't)

Edit: The more I look into it, the more it seems like the system won't have any complications.
Last edited by Broken_Cartridge on 03 Feb 2013 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

Postby Berrix » 03 Feb 2013 14:58

My copy has apparently arrived at my local Gamestop (which is apparently selling it today and not tomorrow), going to take this opportunity and dive deep into my strategy addiction to go before SC2's expansion comes out.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Postby belmontlegacy » 03 Feb 2013 16:07

Berrix wrote:My copy has apparently arrived at my local Gamestop (which is apparently selling it today and not tomorrow), going to take this opportunity and dive deep into my strategy addiction to go before SC2's expansion comes out.

I hope those employees get fired for breaking street date. I hate Gamestop.
belmontlegacy
Shyguy
Shyguy

XBL: The Ahnold

Postby Berrix » 03 Feb 2013 16:10

belmontlegacy wrote:
Berrix wrote:My copy has apparently arrived at my local Gamestop (which is apparently selling it today and not tomorrow), going to take this opportunity and dive deep into my strategy addiction to go before SC2's expansion comes out.

Why employees? That does nothing to their corporate structure. If anything you should be hoping the company's higher-ups get a lawsuit.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 03 Feb 2013 16:12

belmontlegacy wrote:

Actually, Fire Emblem has no street date on it in GameStops computer system. It was lifted as soon as those shipping problems started arising, and GameStops have been instructed to sell it as soon as they get it in.
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

Postby kingofe3 » 03 Feb 2013 20:02

Thank god, I'm getting this on the eShop. Day one.
I am a Fanfiction writer and a Nintendo fanboy!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7248436/1/

I'm on FictionPress!
http://www.fictionpress.com/u/825276/kingofe3
Check out the wikia page:http://shinigamitwin.wikia.com/wiki/Shinigami_Twin_Wiki
kingofe3
Flicky
Flicky

Postby Salvo24 » 03 Feb 2013 20:12

Does anyone know if the eShop version will be available at 12:01 or not until sometime in the morning?
Salvo24
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: Salvo24
XBL: Salvo 24

PreviousNext

Return to 3DS / DS