Transferring Ambassador Games to new Owner

Whats better then one screen? Well two screens of course! Current-gen portables inside: DS, Lite, DSi, DSXL, 3DS...

Transferring Ambassador Games to new Owner

Postby trainwrecka » 11 Nov 2012 16:34

I got a 3DS XL about 2 months ago and realized the GBA games are still not available on the eShop. I decided to purchase an Ambassador 3DS from the interwebs and transfer the games to my system. I found a tutorial online that told me step-by-step how to do this before purchasing it, but now I cannot find the link anywhere (shoulda bookmarked).

Anyone here do that or know how to do it? Thanks!
trainwrecka
Chocobo
Chocobo

Wii: CODES-R-A-BEAT-DOWN

Re: Transferring Ambassador Games to new Owner

Postby Popple » 11 Nov 2012 20:19

Is this what you're looking for?
This post copyright ©2014 by Popple. All rights reserved. No part of this post may be reproduced in any form without the written permission of the copyright owner. This post is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual events was done on purpose.
Popple
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: Popple
3DS: 5069-4025-8184

Postby trainwrecka » 11 Nov 2012 23:53

Thanks for the link. I thought I would double-check here to make sure I didn't need to be aware of anything else. I'll post my results here when I'm done.
trainwrecka
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby Shuga » 13 Nov 2012 02:52

i'll really appreaciate if you put the results here because im having a nintento 3DS XL soon and i want to transfer all the info i have in my original Aqua Blue 3DS (with all the ambassador games of course :3)
Shuga
Fairy
Fairy

3DS: 4511-0560-5839

Postby trainwrecka » 17 Nov 2012 15:36

Ok, in short: it works.

I copied both SD cards to my laptop as a backup. Then transferred my current 3DS XL (no Ambassador) to the 3DS (with Ambassador). ABout 20-40 minutes later all data was transferred and the 3DS XL was factory reset. The SD card from the 3DS XL then had to be moved over to the Ambassador 3DS.

It was an exact replica of my old system. Panic time. No Ambassador games, no certificate. Oh no...

The games are actually tied to the serial number, so you go to the eShop, go to settings and "My Downloads". Here you will see the 20 games and the certificate. Re-download and you are good to go!

Side note: I tried bypassing the 7 day transfer wait time by changing the dates to a future date. No joy. You gotta wait 7 24 hour days regardless of the date you input. Not sure what the point of that is, but it's annoying.

UPDATE: Called Nintendo support to see if there was ANY way to get around the 7 day wait... nopers. Oh well. I'll be Ambassador-3DS-XL'n in a week!
trainwrecka
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby trainwrecka » 26 Nov 2012 18:48

Everything transferred over. The 7 day wait could not be worked around.

So much better on the XL screens.
trainwrecka
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby Sammet » 28 Nov 2012 08:14

I've transferred my ambassador stuff from my 3DS to XL and I don't remember having any 7 day wait? It went smoothly for me too.
PM me and I'll add you to my 3DS - feel free to add my NNID for WiiU too!
Sammet
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: Samwiise
3DS: 0817-3844-7533
Wii: 6169 7599 9537 5328

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 29 Nov 2012 01:10

I never had a 7 day wait… :?
I once lived in a bubble… but eventually… I grew tired of it. So yeah… wishes do come true… well for me at least!Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Postby RD3AV5 » 29 Nov 2012 02:26

trainwrecka wrote:Everything transferred over. The 7 day wait could not be worked around.

So much better on the XL screens.

Yes, I bought a faulty 3DS XL on the day of its release, I however did NOT know it was faulty until later. I was going to exchange it at GameStop, but alas, there was the blasted 7 day wait period. Even reseting the system time clock didn't help changing the dates. Nintendo knows... They ALWAYS know...
RD3AV5
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby xshinox » 12 Dec 2012 06:45

yeah you can't force the 7 day wait period of transferring system data or the 8 hour wait for streetpassing to be quicker.
xshinox
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Zanreo » 16 Dec 2012 10:29

Oh, so you can transfer them? (without deleting everything from your non-ambassador 3DS) I lost my old 3DS (with ambassador) earlier this year so I'd like to get them back somehow, but I don't want to lose everything in my current 3DS.

So from what I understood you have to:
1. transfer the non-ambassador 3DS over to the ambassador 3DS, change the SD cards. You will now have all the info on your old 3DS on the ambassador one, and the ambassador 3DS's eShop info.
2. Re-download ambassador games from the eShop
3. and then transfer the ambassador 3DS with downloaded games back to the non-ambassador one again?
(though, I guess I could just keep everything on the old one actually... since I currently have a regular 3DS and not XL it doesn't matter that much, plus then I'll still have a functional R-button! (the one on my 3DS currently broke, or at least doesn't work most of the time)

So I guess the only thing I need is a 3DS with ambassador... man, I imagine those must be expensive now... since if you transfer and replace the info on it I can't just use a friend's 3DS.

Also, how does the "7-day wait" work? Do you have to wait until transferring?

And another question, anyone knows if regions matter when transferring? Guess it would be best to get a PAL 3DS anyway so I can play on the 7 days before I can transfer again, but would it work transferring back and forth from 3DS from another region, like NTSC? Seems like PAL ambassador 3DSes are hard to find, I only found NTSC ones while searching. If anyone finds one, please tell!
Zanreo
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Zanreo
3DS: 4167-5254-5483
Steam ID: Zanreo
PSN: Zanreo

Return to 3DS / DS