RE Revelations going multiplatform

Whats better then one screen? Well two screens of course! Current-gen portables inside: DS, Lite, DSi, DSXL, 3DS...

Re: RE Revelations going multiplatform

Postby TheLastBlade » 12 Jan 2013 17:52

Resident evil revelations was all good and fun. But it's just one of those games that you won't care about if it goes to another console.
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Postby mariomaniac45213 » 12 Jan 2013 19:10

I enjoyed RE6 very much actually. So i'm looking forward to a console port of Revelations as I hate gaming on handhelds. I seriously hope their is a Wii U release as well.
Finally got a PS3 sooo add me if you want. :)
mariomaniac45213
Toad
Toad

Wii: 0257-0866-8958-0148
PSN: TheDestructo1994
XBL: TheDestructo94

Postby KingBroly » 12 Jan 2013 22:06

TheLastBlade wrote:Resident evil revelations was all good and fun. But it's just one of those games that you won't care about if it goes to another console.

Yeah. Plus it's been almost a year.
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby TheLastBlade » 12 Jan 2013 22:23

That, and raid mode sooooooooo laaaaaaaammmmmmeeeee :/ Would've been fun if there were more modes.
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 12 Jan 2013 22:53

This could be the game that the Official Nintendo Magazine was hinting for the Wii U.
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Broken_Cartridge
PSN: Stephen5543

Postby MoldyClay » 13 Jan 2013 05:29

Carbondog wrote:Why not make RE5 and RE6 multi-platform? I would gladly drop $60 each for Wii U optimized versions!

I think PS3, 360 and PC count as multiplatform. RE5 is old now. RE6 I would say could still happen once they release a Gold Edition or something.

J0RdAnN wrote:Rumor has it that RE6 is getting reworked into a more survival-esque game and will see a release this year.
I haven't played RE6 but I can't imagine it being THAT bad.

It's not. People just hate it because it's not survival horror anymore. It's not the best game, but I've had more *fun* with it than previous RE's. Other than Leon's final boss dragging on, and Chris's start being kinda 'meh', I haven't found a single point where I said "I don't like this".

Also, reworking RE6 to be more survival-esque would require remaking the entire game.

TheLastBlade wrote:Resident Evil 6 suuuuuuuuuucccckkkksssss. If it's gonna be fixed, then it's gonna need to do ALOT more than just controls and camera.

Except the camera's already been fixed and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the controls.

ddddd wrote:Quick Times... Quick Times everywhere!

They're patching it this month so you can make the game do the QTEs for you if you absolutely hate them.

Jon wrote:meh. it wasn't very good anyway. i've almost lost faith in the franchise at this point.

Good. You will not be missed. A decent on-rail shooter, a great on-rail shooter, a mediocre spin-off, 2 good games that were more actiony (god forbid) and a game that finally went back to the RE4 style with survival horror killed it for you?

I never understand this nonsense.

TheLastBlade wrote:Resident evil revelations was all good and fun. But it's just one of those games that you won't care about if it goes to another console.

Honestly, nobody should ever care about ANY game going to another console. It is simply irrelevant. The only reason Nintendo fans get so butthurt about it is because they don't get games in return, but at the end of the day, it's just other gamers enjoying a game without having to buy multiple systems or handhelds, when they don't like handhelds.

mariomaniac45213 wrote:I enjoyed RE6 very much actually. So i'm looking forward to a console port of Revelations as I hate gaming on handhelds. I seriously hope their is a Wii U release as well.

Case in point, though I love handhelds. However I also prefer playing console-tailored experiences (like Resident Evil) on consoles. So I will probably double-dip (it was a gift anyway, so I will not be paying twice in the first place), being a huge RE fan and wanting to see the game on the TV. But since I also love the 3D and being able to play with my girlfriend, I would obviously play the 3DS one too.

That said, if it isn't obvious, I also like RE6 a lot.

TheLastBlade wrote:That, and raid mode sooooooooo laaaaaaaammmmmmeeeee :/ Would've been fun if there were more modes.

What was wrong with Raid Mode? I admit, I'd have liked a Mercenaries Mode, but I can see why it wouldn't have one.

Is the problem the fact it's just the Campaign areas instead of new areas?
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu

NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Postby TheLastBlade » 13 Jan 2013 15:03

On the subject of Resident evil 6: Don't mind me, I don't have the jaded opinion of it not being a survival horror game. It extends beyond that. Point being 6 sucks for me and Capcom still sucks for making this game and a lot of terrible fighting games.

On the subject of revelations: Shooting zombies is cool and all, but there were times that it became monotonous to the point that it got a bit boring.
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Re: RUMOR: RE RevelEations going multiplatform

Postby Sgt Scyther » 14 Jan 2013 18:42

MoldyClay wrote:Or you're butthurt that it isn't survival horror/RE4-enough and that automatically makes it a bad game.

I just want to point out that I like RE6 and I liked RE5 but I don't think you can really fault someone for not liking it for being an action game and not a survival horror. I mean, there's a reason people get into game series in the first place. Being a survival horror is what got me into RE originally. The series isn't that series anymore, stepping further and further away with each new game (though Revelations is much more like RE4 than RE5 or 6) so I can't really disagree with someone for not liking it for not being a horror game anymore. Or likewise people who can't get into the latest Paper Mario games because they aren't really that much of an RPG anymore (I still have to play Sticker Star but I did play Super Paper Mario, which was a good game, but nowhere near as good as the first two). And as much as I like RE6 I would give anything for the series to go back to its horror roots (which apparently they plan to do with RE7?).

It's sort of like Silent Hill: Book of Memories. Maybe for that kind of game (the top-down shooter style) it's not that bad but as a Silent Hill fan I have no real interest in playing that because it's NOT a Silent Hill game at all.
SSB4 Wish List: Little Mac, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Geno, Captain Rainbow, Raymond Bryce, Female Pokemon Trainer (with Chespin, Braxien, and Greninja), Chibi-Robo, Palutena, Dillon
Sgt Scyther
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby Quetzalcoatl2k » 14 Jan 2013 22:31

Gonna have to agree with Scyther here. After a few hours of playing RE6 co-op with one of my friends, I understood the whole "departure from horror" thing that people keep talking about. As a game itself, I did get enjoyment out of it but I really can't for the life of me call it Resident Evil at this point.

As for Revelations going multiplatform, I really don't care since A) Capcom is notorious for going port-crazy, so it was bound to happen, B) I already got the 3ds version, so there's no point for me in buying it again, as much as I love Revelations, and C) like other people said, hopefully it does well enough for Capcom to notice that people don't like the current direction of the series.
Quetzalcoatl2k
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: quetzalcoatl2k

Previous

Return to 3DS / DS