Solve These Puzzles & Win a $20 eShop Card!

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Re: Solve These Puzzles & Win a $20 eShop Card!

Postby Mako » 01 Dec 2012 02:27

You have two typos in puzzle one. Change the first "12" to a "23" in the first word and you forgot the "24" in the last word. ;)

Now, on to puzzle two...

Btw, I first thought this was a spam thread, but quickly discovered it was something much more amazing. Great idea and thanks for being kind enough to give these away!
Mako
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: Mako91
3DS: 4167-4543-6089
Wii: 0725-3780-1331-9030
PSN: yugoboy91

Postby ninjaTOASTY » 01 Dec 2012 02:58

I figured out the first puzzle with no problem, but I can't seem to figure out the second one :(
Check out The Tails and Sonic Show! It's awesome ^_^
ninjaTOASTY
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: TOASTY
3DS: 0903-2738-6276
Steam ID: ninjaTOASTY
PSN: shinobiTOASTY
XBL: ninjaT0ASTY

Postby PatrickTheHuman » 01 Dec 2012 03:50

...I feel stupid, both of you seem to have gotten it right away, and I am absolutely clueless. I'm not giving up, though!
PatrickTheHuman
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: PatrickTheHuman
3DS: 0259-0444-2571
PSN: Patthehuman
XBL: PatTheHuman64

Postby Popple » 01 Dec 2012 10:38

Spoiler:
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Our world is one of balance... Just as there is light to drive away darkness, so, too is there benevolence to banish evil.
This post copyright ©2014 by Popple. All rights reserved. No part of this post may be reproduced in any form without the written permission of the copyright owner. This post is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual events was done on purpose.
Popple
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: Popple
3DS: 5069-4025-8184

Postby J0RdAnN » 01 Dec 2012 10:41

"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!"
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Toad
Toad

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby Heatran5400 » 01 Dec 2012 12:08

I want to solve these puzzles but, alas, I am not smart enough. So I want to buy a e-shop card, I try looking online and I can't seem to find any stores that sell them. I remember Walmart being one and when I look it up there are no results.
So would anyone be so kind and tell me where to buy them. I live in Illinois if this makes a difference.

I think Popple won.
Yes, I was a hero. Now, I am a master.
Imagehttp://www.points2shop.com?ref=heatran5400
Finally! My profile pic matches my username!
Heatran5400
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: Heatran5400
Steam ID: Heatran5400

Postby Popple » 01 Dec 2012 12:13

Heatran5400 wrote:I want to solve these puzzles but, alas, I am not smart enough. So I want to buy a e-shop card, I try looking online and I can't seem to find any stores that sell them. I remember Walmart being one and when I look it up there are no results.
So would anyone be so kind and tell me where to buy them. I live in Illinois if this makes a difference.

I think Popple won.

I can only seem to find the cards in Best Buy stores. I'd assume GameStop has them too but I don't buy games there...
This post copyright ©2014 by Popple. All rights reserved. No part of this post may be reproduced in any form without the written permission of the copyright owner. This post is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual events was done on purpose.
Popple
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby Eternal Rain » 01 Dec 2012 13:05

Okay I'm stumped. I have no idea what I'm doing here. I tried to count out the alphabet while doing this, and all I got was like "Gsv" on the first word, and something odd on the second. I tried counting keys on my keyboard from left to right and right to left and got nothing that spelled out proper words.

Yeah I've got no idea... darn, I really wanted to win a card too. :(
Eternal Rain
Boo
Boo

Postby MegaMan64 » 01 Dec 2012 13:36

J0RdAnN wrote:"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!"

Ovaltine? A crummy commercial?

And I have no idea aobut these....Welp. Theres always christmas!

Feel free to add me on your 3DS. PM me if u do. Also got a Wii U now, so add me as well and PM me!
MegaMan64
Metool
Metool

NN ID: Nerps64
3DS: 4596-9581-6101
Steam ID: SuperObjection64
PSN: SuperSpy12

Postby J0RdAnN » 01 Dec 2012 13:47

Eternal Rain wrote:Okay I'm stumped. I have no idea what I'm doing here. I tried to count out the alphabet while doing this, and all I got was like "Gsv" on the first word, and something odd on the second. I tried counting keys on my keyboard from left to right and right to left and got nothing that spelled out proper words.

Popple already won but I'll be your cipherA=26

Also I've seen eShop cards at Best Buy, Target, and several other Big Box retailers in my area. They are all orange now the red 3DS ones are now apparently out of print.
Last edited by J0RdAnN on 01 Dec 2012 13:58, edited 2 times in total.
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Toad
Toad

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby MegaMan64 » 01 Dec 2012 13:49

I know im double posting, but
Spoiler:
The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess
The second....I don't know.

UPDATE: Someone won.... :(

Feel free to add me on your 3DS. PM me if u do. Also got a Wii U now, so add me as well and PM me!
MegaMan64
Metool
Metool

NN ID: Nerps64
3DS: 4596-9581-6101
Steam ID: SuperObjection64
PSN: SuperSpy12

Postby Heatran5400 » 01 Dec 2012 14:16

So I can get them at gamestop?
I want a wii u eshop card. So does the 3ds one work on the wii U? Or do I have to buy a card that requires both 3ds and wii u or just wii u eshop card?
Yes, I was a hero. Now, I am a master.
Imagehttp://www.points2shop.com?ref=heatran5400
Finally! My profile pic matches my username!
Heatran5400
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: Heatran5400
Steam ID: Heatran5400

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 01 Dec 2012 14:28

Heatran5400 wrote:So I can get them at gamestop?
I want a wii u eshop card. So does the 3ds one work on the wii U? Or do I have to buy a card that requires both 3ds and wii u or just wii u eshop card?

To my knowledge they are the same thing. (which is why when you acquire points with the Deluxe Wii U you can decide to redeem the eShop code on your 3DS) I think the packaging that shows both Wii U and 3DS is just for show, but, hey, I could be wrong.....Either way, this isn't really related to the topic at hand.

I was going to participate in this, but I realize that it has already been won. I also don't own a Wii U yet, so I won't be able to participate in the Miiverse side of things. Oh well.
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Broken_Cartridge
PSN: Stephen5543

Postby Popple » 01 Dec 2012 15:21

Wow, thanks for the contest DelightfullyDreadful! I know I just got the Wii U but I went ahead and added the funds to my 3DS because there's a few games on there that I've been wanting (still wish the funds were shared between systems. Oh well, that's a topic for another day).

Here's the proof that this is the real deal: http://imgur.com/qthNH

Thanks again DelightfullyDreadful! I can't wait for the next one! HOWEVER, I'll excuse myself from playing the game for prizes in the future since I've already won.
Popple
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby tornadoman » 01 Dec 2012 17:18

This one took SO long, but I managed to figure this one out using a lot of time and patience, and classic cryptogram dechiphering methods

The second code is...

OUR WORLD IS ONE OF BALANCE... JUST AS THERE IS LIGHT TO DRIVE AWAY DARKNESS, SO, TOO, IS THERE BENEVOLENCE TO BANISH EVIL

A quote from twilight princess :P

(phew)
tornadoman
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Eternal Rain » 01 Dec 2012 18:07

J0RdAnN wrote:
Eternal Rain wrote:Okay I'm stumped. I have no idea what I'm doing here. I tried to count out the alphabet while doing this, and all I got was like "Gsv" on the first word, and something odd on the second. I tried counting keys on my keyboard from left to right and right to left and got nothing that spelled out proper words.

Popple already won but I'll be your cipherA=26

Also I've seen eShop cards at Best Buy, Target, and several other Big Box retailers in my area. They are all orange now the red 3DS ones are now apparently out of print.

DelightfullyDreadful wrote:Wonderful, Popple! I'll be sending you a private message with your eShop card code shortly. :)

And to the others, allow me to explain how to decipher the second puzzle. I decided to go with letter substitution this time, because, at first glance, they seem impossible to solve. However, the trick is to start with the smallest words in the cipher first. In the puzzle we have the words so is used, There aren't very many words in the English language that only use two letters, so once we've figured out that JK actually translates to SO, we know have a key for 2 letters. The word too (VKK) is also used, and because, at this point, we know that K translates to O, we can assume that V translates to T because I can't think of another word that ends with double O's!

After that it's a matter of filling in the blanks with what you know to help figure out the remainder of the cipher.

And to answer a few questions. I bought these cards at GameStop, and they work for the eShop on the 3DS and on the Wii U. As for the Miiverse puzzles, I'm not sure how I'm going to set that one up. It's rather difficult to create a puzzle with under 100 characters, and also have room for an explanation. I may just end up doing it here on GoNintendo! Keep your eyes peeled!

This is exactly why I'm so reluctant to lay games like Professor Layton, because crap like this is way too cryptic for me. Seriously, how the heck was I supposed to figure that out? :? This is "Resident Evil 3 water treatment plant" and "Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Subject 16 puzzles" styled cryptic bullcrap. >_< (used GameFaqs on all of that)
Eternal Rain
Boo
Boo

Postby Mako » 02 Dec 2012 02:06

I guess I should have stayed up to work on it instead of going to sleep and thinking I would have a chance to solve it in the morning. lol

Anyways, congrats Popple! Also, thanks again to DelightfullyDreadful for setting the whole thing up and being kind enough to give away the Eshop card.
Mako
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: Mako91
3DS: 4167-4543-6089
Wii: 0725-3780-1331-9030
PSN: yugoboy91

Return to WiiU / Wii