Aliens Colonial Marines

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Aliens Colonial Marines

Postby lazerbyte » 11 Dec 2012 14:02

I just saw the information on this game and I'm so getting it on the Wii U as the support with the game pad is going to offer a much better experience as you can use the pad for maps and the motion tracker which will make the game a lot more fun!

As far as graphics I'm not so gung ho about that as long as the game is fun and interesting the graphics are secondary and I bet this game will be on par wthe PS3 and 360 version!
lazerbyte
Chocobo
Chocobo

PSN: Lazerbyte

Re: Aliens Colonial Marines

Postby Devil_Rising » 11 Dec 2012 18:15

I've been wanting this game ever since it was announced, years ago, provided that it's actually good. To be honest, I probably would have gotten it for my PS3 if it had come out last year, or even earlier this year. But as it is, with the extra features, I'll probably just get it for me Wii U.

And for the record, Gearbox themselves has said that the Wii U version will have better graphics than the PS3 and 360 versions. There will be no "on par", because unlike several of the launch ports, this port has been cooking for awhile, and isn't being rushed.
Also featured at: http://thepunkeffect.com
Follow along on Twitter: @RetroRevelation
And Tumblr: retrorevelations.tumblr.com
Devil_Rising
Plumber
Plumber

NN ID: Godzilla1981
PSN: AwesomeFukenGuy

Postby Ragnarokstorymaker » 11 Dec 2012 18:31

This and MH3U are the games I actually plan on buying instead of renting them on gamefly. I am super stoked about this game. I only know a little bit about the Aliens franchise, but this game just seems alot like L4D and I loved that game.
Ragnarokstorymaker
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: RagnarokSM
PSN: RagnarokSM
XBL: DiehardStingray

Postby THEWORD777 » 12 Dec 2012 00:45

I looking forward to this but cvg said for a game announced in 2007 the game had issues that needed sorting.Saying that though the backdrops look awesome and atmospheric,online gonna be a blast.
THEWORD777
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: iHarryGaming

Postby vertikal » 16 Dec 2012 08:12

I hope this extra development time results in implementing Wiimote control... with the gamepad seperate as as the zenomorph scanner. That needs to happen.

After experiencing the buttery-slick beauty of Wiimote controls in 60fps in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, I cannot imagine shooting any other way.

If you check out these forums Randy Pitchford of Gearbox.... please, please, please ensure this happens.
vertikal
Chocobo
Chocobo

3DS: 2707-1622-9134

Postby lazerbyte » 17 Dec 2012 13:49

I was at Gamestop over the weekend and the Wii U version is delayed until 2014 as it is designed from the ground up to take advantage of the Wii U and being done by a different developer.
lazerbyte
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby Devil_Rising » 18 Dec 2012 04:26

lazerbyte wrote:I was at Gamestop over the weekend and the Wii U version is delayed until 2014 as it is designed from the ground up to take advantage of the Wii U and being done by a different developer.

Being CO-developed by Demiurge: yes. Being pushed back till 2014? Never heard such a thing, from anyone, least of all Gearbox. They said "at a later time", because development of the Wii U version started later than the others (for obvious reasons). But I'm fairly confident we'll see it in 2013, perhaps not even THAT much later than the others.

Or do you have a good source of this delay you speak of?
Devil_Rising
Plumber
Plumber

Postby lazerbyte » 21 Jan 2013 06:02

I was at Gamestop yesterday and asked when this game would be released and they don't have a time frame as the game was originally canceled and another developer picked it up and they are designing it from the ground up to take full advantage of the Wii U and considering how long the game has taken on the other consoles it could be another year.

I really want this game and I will probably pick it up for the other consoles and also get it for the Wii U as I want to be able to use the tracker like they did in the movie!
lazerbyte
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby TopCat » 23 Jan 2013 09:35

If that's true then the Wii U'd get yet another late port.... "GREAT NEWS" I guess.....

EDIT: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... r-on-wii-u

Sega says it would be released within the launch window.
TopCat
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Postby BlueBerryShadow » 11 Feb 2013 03:34

lazerbyte wrote:I just saw the information on this game and I'm so getting it on the Wii U as the support with the game pad is going to offer a much better experience as you can use the pad for maps and the motion tracker which will make the game a lot more fun!

As far as graphics I'm not so gung ho about that as long as the game is fun and interesting the graphics are secondary and I bet this game will be on par wthe PS3 and 360 version!

I was really looking forward to this game, but am now considering skipping this one. There are a few others I want, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and Walking Dead Survival Instinct. The reason I am considering skipping this one, is because the game is being developed by a different publisher, and has a separate release date. I will not support a game, that will not support the Wii U.
BlueBerryShadow
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: BlueBerryShadow

Postby Devil_Rising » 11 Feb 2013 04:36

I wouldn't say that it's not supporting Wii U. It started development later than the PS3 and 360/PC versions, so it's a good thing that they're not rushing it, because it means they're actually trying. Also, while Gearbox hasn't been doing the dirty work of development for it, they HAVE been supervising it, and their representatives have gone on record many times praising the Wii U version, saying it's the best looking, and praising the Game Pad functions, etc. I really think it's still going to be a game worth getting, and I think we'll see it within the next few months, not 2014.
Devil_Rising
Plumber
Plumber

Return to WiiU / Wii