Wii U - the infinite thread of doom and disgruntlement

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Re: Lack luster Wii U reviews

Postby Magolor » 22 Dec 2012 13:24

Yeah. I don't see the point of everyone being so over eager to see nintendo fail. I mean, they have done so much to shape the game industry to how it is again (I rember seeing someone on some other website bitch about how if nintendo didn't exist the european microcomputer industry would have taken over and made gaming so much better. This is a lot of rubbish, as those games weren't big budget enough to make it out of their country of origin. Like Britan never got some of the best CPC games because their creators are French, but I digress.) and see most people react by saying "EYE WISH NINTANDOUGH WLL DYE AZ DEY ONLEY MAK KIDD GAM". It's a shame, while this sentiment has been around for a while, the introduction of dudebros and chavs into gaming as only made it worse.
Magolor
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: MagolorTheGreat
Steam ID: FlakkTheGreat

Postby bellboy » 22 Dec 2012 13:40

jlatimer11 wrote:G4? the same G4 that is being phased out and replaced with a men's channel?

It's very in to dislike Nintendo, especially by brogamers.

Anything with the prefix "bro" I immediately distrust. I've never hated a demographic so readily before untill people started putting that word in other more grown-up words.
bellboy
Boo
Boo

NN ID: bellboy64
XBL: Madaman64

Postby SDDMN » 22 Dec 2012 20:56

Here's an idea, why doesn't Nintendo make a section in Miiverse for anyone who wants to review the game they got, therefore you can look at the general public's opinion of the game and not just the official reviewers'.

Or maybe Nintendo can add a subsection in each community that's for reviews of that game.
SDDMN
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: SDDMN25
3DS: 4596-9457-8127

Postby FadedAreWii » 23 Dec 2012 00:34

SDDMN wrote:Here's an idea, why doesn't Nintendo make a section in Miiverse for anyone who wants to review the game they got, therefore you can look at the general public's opinion of the game and not just the official reviewers'.

Or maybe Nintendo can add a subsection in each community that's for reviews of that game.

Well, they could make a sub section, but, really, that's what quite a few people already do. Obviously not in depth, but people are posting their opinions in there and it's cool cause you can see if they actually played the game.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: WiiareFaded

Postby komicturtle92 » 26 Dec 2012 01:33

The fact that I felt sorry for the folks @ G4 and they pull this off?

They lied about Wii U not supporting USB HDD. They lied about services like Hulu not being available yet (has been for over a month). They didn't even update the system at all. It's also silly how they ignored some good software that came with Wii U, giving the impression that it only has Zombi U and NSMBU. How do these get their jobs when they're clearly amateurs and extremely unprofessional.

I get that this will possibly be the last console review on G4, but damn, have some dignity and class.

PS: I have yet to see smartglass utilized similarly to what Wii U does.
komicturtle92
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: komicturtle
3DS: Ask me to add

Postby Koopzilla » 26 Dec 2012 05:14

SDDMN wrote:Here's an idea, why doesn't Nintendo make a section in Miiverse for anyone who wants to review the game they got, therefore you can look at the general public's opinion of the game and not just the official reviewers'.

3DS has a very crude way of rating your games in the e-shop. After you play them for an hour you can rate them 1 to 5 stars, enter your age, and pick between options like casual or intense, and for everyone or gamers. I don't trust this much though since after playing Urban Champion, I looked at the review score and it had 4.5 out of 5. If any game deserves a 1 out of 5 it's Urban Champion IMO (if I could give it a 0, I would. Honestly though, I can't get through an hour of it to even rate it), of course that's my opinion, but I just don't see how anyone can give it a perfect 5 out of 5 which the large majority have... But, I agree a better review system where you could actually write something about the game would be cool.

And when are they taking the game stuff off G4, whenever it is that day can't come soon enough.

Edit: I just watched the G4 WiiU review, and I know I say this pretty much every time I see something on G4, but I'm pretty sure it can't get much worse than this. The review is a complete joke. According to them it only plays Netflix, and doesn't stream videos in any other way, not Hulu, Amazon, or YouTube. It is pretty much a $5 DVD player that doesn't play DVD's, but only plays WiiU games (don't ask me how that makes any sense at all). It has USB ports, but doesn't use hard drives. There is an SD card slot, but no one knows what it's used for, but they think in the future it might be for transferring Miis. The controller is crap because it is not responsive because of the resistive touch screen (which you have to shatter to press on), and doesn't do what you want it to. The screen image is low quality. It's also crap because it only controls your TV, so you will have to control your VCR with a remote. It is useless since you can use your X-Box and download the "screen thingamajigger" I guess he's referring to smartglass. It gives you seizures and neck fractures. The games are complete crap. ZombiU is a piece of crap that's no better than a $10 indie game, and seems like just an old game that they put a new skin on. No mention was made of Miiverse or eShop but I'm sure they would have crapped all over that too (I'm guessing this is because they didn't have it online and hadn't done the update, even though they do complain about the update). Worst review I have ever seen for anything ever. It doesn't help that the reviewers are very annoying.
Koopzilla
Nintendo Power Player

NN ID: Koopzilla
3DS: 2793-0595-9972

Attack of the Show Wii U review.........?

Postby Suke » 26 Dec 2012 22:05

Wow, this review is so bad, its funny. I miss the old G4.
R.I.P G4

I know the Wii U isn't perfect and I know everyone is title to there own opinion, but this review is missing some things.

Suke
Flicky
Flicky

Re: Attack of the Show Wii U review.........?

Postby mariomaniac45213 » 26 Dec 2012 22:44

WORST REVIEW EVER! It was just the typical G4 Nintendo/Wii U bashing...god I can't wait for this network to go off the air...it cannot come soon enough...
Finally got a PS3 sooo add me if you want. :)
mariomaniac45213
Toad
Toad

Wii: 0257-0866-8958-0148
PSN: TheDestructo1994
XBL: TheDestructo94

Postby lazerbyte » 26 Dec 2012 23:06

This why G4 is dead and they are turning into another Spike TV. Even Attack of the show reviewed the WiiU and gave it 2 1/2 out of 5. They don't know how to review, of course when an awesome game comes out they'll eat their words. As they were like that with the PS3 and then they had to eat their words. Too late now as they aren't around anymore!! I say good riddance to bad reviews!!

Their reviews are biased and Morgan Webb couldn't review her way out of a Wii U. She is very judgmental and she LOATHES Nintendo.

I get so tired of the 360 fanboys how the 360 is the end all be all. If you remember the original xbox was a complete failure! The only reason the 360 is even doing well is because of the CoD online and Halo online if it wasn't for that it wouldn't be as popular.

Nintendo has always been popular as they hit the hardcore and casual market. They make good quality games and their hardware is fantastic and they stand behind it.

I remember when I had the original Gameboy and it had the problem with part of the LCD going out on the right side and I contacted Nintendo and they told me to send it to them and they repaired it free of charge no hassle no problem.

When the 360 RRROD happened MS blamed us gamers and it wasn't until they got a class action lawsuit did they do anything and they knew there was a problem.

Nintendo always stands buy the products and to this day you can still buy parts for the original NES and Gameboy! They are very proud of their products and full stand behind them.

This is why I really like Nintendo as they know what they are doing and care about their consumers.

I just don't understand all the hate on Nintendo. People said that about the original Gameboy and it wiped the floor against other companies that had a handheld! Sure the 3DS had a rocky start but it's doing really well now!

I really like Nintendo and it just puzzles me how people continue to bash them. It's like MS is the best video game company around and they are the newest on the block and most of their games are third party developers. Nintendo makes most of their own games and they are quality!
lazerbyte
Chocobo
Chocobo

PSN: Lazerbyte

Postby Spanky » 28 Dec 2012 14:55

Suke wrote:Wow, this review is so bad, its funny. I miss the old G4.
R.I.P G4

I know the Wii U isn't perfect and I know everyone is title to there own opinion, but this review is missing some things.

How are these idiots even on TV? They have no clue what they were even talking about.
Spanky
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: OXSpanky
PSN: OXSpanky

Postby komicturtle92 » 28 Dec 2012 18:25

Spanky wrote:
R.I.P G4

How are these idiots even on TV? They have no clue what they were even talking about.

I think people need to realize before they talk about the Wii U within a minute in the video.. The guy says
"We played around with the Wii U a little bit" which that is when people should cut the video. There's nothing valuable to gain from this trash.
komicturtle92
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: komicturtle
3DS: Ask me to add

Postby Berrix » 29 Dec 2012 15:15

lazerbyte wrote:I really like Nintendo and it just puzzles me how people continue to bash them. It's like MS is the best video game company around and they are the newest on the block and most of their games are third party developers. Nintendo makes most of their own games and they are quality!

For me it feels like Nintendo's personal fire burns hotter the more others hate on it. Though the Wii was an easy sell to the casual gaming market as well as fans, they were aggressive in keeping that market. Even when Kinect and Move came out, Nintendo Wii was all I saw fly off shelves at my local Target. Only recently have I seen the Kinect take up in sales. Curious on how long that will last.

Though I am curious about Nintendo's future plans on the Wii U, as the hate continues. I've seen many bash how low of a release list Nintendo has for the system, in the same breath defend the Vita with, "You know how launch systems are, slow to start, and they'll get there." However, rumors of the DKR and a new Pokemon supposedly hitting Wii U surfacing today, along with SEGA rumors of HotDU and Nintendo already working on Mario Kart 8. Things seem to look like they'll get interesting pretty quickly.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Postby lazerbyte » 30 Dec 2012 23:50

When the Zelda game is released just imagine how many Wii U consoles will fly off the shelf!

Everyone loves Zelda!

I also hear a Metroid game is in the works as well and I'd love to see Donkey Kong Country again!

I think the Wii U has a lot of potential and can really do some amazing things.

Yes Kinnect is a gimmick and I just read that Dead Space 3 will have voice over commands...Um wasn't the Kinnect supposed to be a new way to play games not a glorified microphone.

The Wii did fly off the shelves and they had great games that took advantage of it. The fact the Wiimote would vibrate and sound would come out of it very ingenious!

I had a Move and it was ok but not like the Wiimote!

I think Nintendo has done a great job and if they were to ever do a Pokemon MMO on the Wii U they wouldn't keep Wii Us on the self!!
lazerbyte
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby FadedAreWii » 01 Jan 2013 03:29

The next Mario Kart will send them soaring of shelves as well. And the next Smash Bros. And the next Animal Crossing. And a new Wii Sports would if that's in the cards. The next 3D Mario will. Pikmin 3 might end up being a big thing.

Nintendo may not dominate every gen, but they will always have enough aces that they will always be successful.

And yes; if they do a Pokemon console MMO, that will secure Nintendo's victory for any gen it is released during. That's why I think they are probably saving it for a desperation move.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: WiiareFaded

Postby Phant0mG4m3r » 11 Jan 2013 04:04

Money talks, bs walks.
Phant0mG4m3r
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Berrix » 12 Jan 2013 02:00

R.I.P G4

I'm sorry I just re-watched this and caught something. They claim the controller screen is much lower resolution (admittedly so) than an HDTV. And the players "loose so much" when they pull the game into the bottom screen... Does a screen that small even NEED to be 1080p like... Ever? Can't see how that high of a res would be any different that small.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby KingBroly » 12 Jan 2013 03:44

The preview picture says all you need to know about G4 in my opinion
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby lazerbyte » 21 Jan 2013 05:56

I don't know what it is about Michael Pachter but he always seems to be dissing Nintendo saying they are far to late for anything.

I don't think MS online is all that great. I find the 360 interface to be too much and it's difficult to find exactly what you are looking for due to the fact they tie it in with the Kinnect(as that is really all the kinnect is good for)

Sure they have a big online community but doom and quake an unreal had that long before MS ever did and I remember when they released their first machine it was a bomb the only thing that really kept them going was Halo.

Everyone LOVES Mario and the Nintendo franchises like Zelda. I still think Link to the past is one of the all time best games.

Seems that if the game doesn't have CoD in the name or Halo then it's not really a game.

I find FPS games to get rather boring and people have to play online now and it's like why even bother putting a single player game in it.

I think Nintendo is going to do quite well as the Wii U has a slow start but I'm curious to see how MS and Sony do with their next console and what launch games they have and the price point.

The 360 to me is a entertainment box that MS wants you to watch movies and hulu and netflix on and that it can occasionally it can play games. I don't want a box I can play movies and such on as I can use my tablet or PC for that matter. When I purchase a gaming console I want it to play games.

Isn't it funny how the 360 was a gaming console at first now it has completely changed to almost a mini computer and they don't really focus on games too much anymore.
lazerbyte
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby Olinad » 22 Jan 2013 13:47

The thing is, Nintendo launched Wii U without showing nothing more than the launch window games. And the fact that there will be a Smash Bros 4 someday. I believe things will change a lot once something new is shown. Maybe even tomorrow.
Olinad
Flicky
Flicky

Postby Berrix » 22 Jan 2013 18:32

Well we need to take into consideration on a few things about Nintendo, and what we'd pretty much already know.

- New Mario Game
- New Mario Kart
- New Zelda Game
- New Wii Sports of some kind.

We know about Pikmin 3, and SSB4 already. To not expect the other 5 already from there is kind of... Foolish. Though when is another major discussion in of itself.

But it gets me thinking, maybe Nintendo withheld a few key franchises that would be eaten up at a whim from Wii itself. Just imagine, F-Zero U, Star Fox U, and others demanded by these fanbases. They'll eat those up like candy corn after starved from one console like Metroid did back in the N64 era.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

The Wii &The Wii_u Message, how close are they alike ?

Postby 3dimension » 09 Feb 2013 15:08

This is my opinions post where I and any one can respond to this post with their opinions if they wish,

I'm listening :-,)

It was 2006 Nintendo coming out of the gates with a new console while their competitors came out with thoroughbreds Nintendo came out with... a zebra?

Yes that was the year of the wii when Nintendo showed that gaming is more then whats on the surface.
Many laugh, criticised about their new direction and the competitors kept yelling out look how powerful i am, but the zebra like animal said outloud look how much fun i am.

Years later the wii LOST the technical race to the thoroughbreds but won the popular race with everyone including their competitors themselves!
Nintendo's new experiment set the race into flames and now everyone from Game consoles, to cell phones to tablets started to wear the zebra like motion controlling system on all their hardware as well.

Nintendo's philosophy was we want to play & we want to play differently!

2011, After the sucess of the wii message a new race was about to begin, this time Nintendo felt confident that they were ready to open the gates with a little cafe first, being first to gates the gate opens but instead of a zebra coming out a different animal emerged, it wasn't a zebra nore was it a thoroughbred it was more like a halfbread?
The animal walked out much more technically muscular and has motion but at the same time it wasn't a thoroughbred or a zebra, so many said what is it?

The thoroughbred crowd scoffed at this animal yelling out> your not that powerful our breeds this year are much more powerful then before!
The zebra fans said you don't look like a zebra or act like one even though you say you are one and most shook their head in confusing.
a small crowd accepted this hybrid animal thinking it as a step into the evolution of the wii, but yet they said to themselves and asked Nintendo wii u what are you?

The zebra message in 2006 was lets all play for fun and lets do it differently, the wii u message is ?
What r you?
What is it, the philosophy of wii was there and many who embraced the wii knew what that message was from the begin, this wii u is more u then wii,
this is what i see as the fault in Nintendo's dilemma, the wii u is not a evolution from the wii in a new way of motion control a upgraded step,
its more a hybrid of motion and traditional gameplay, its message is it doesn't know what it wants to be and will probably be the red headed child in this generation till the next evolution comes along.
The 3ds i felt is a similar system the message of the the 3ds is let game immersivly in 3d, but it as a hybrid used the 3d as a after effect seldomly showcasing the 3d direction and more putting up front a upgraded ds ( Which is fine) but if they put out a higher resolution screen and focused on the evolution of ar games as a step into tne future of the system that would be a ar system the 3d in the 3ds message would be much more clearer.

On flipside of things the wii u is less wii and more traditional.

This generation for Nintendo is what is your message what do you believe?
In 2006 many like to admit it or not believed that motion controlled gameplay was more important then graphical gameplay and even though the industry went along a quarter step of the way in implementing it, it shows that Nintendo had the right message and was heading in the right direction with the results from sony,microsoft,apple and other who later also changed and went down that direction also.

The wii u is for the time is console without a message and a philosophy that is yet not sound!
However this does not mean it will be a inferior system but as the time being it does look like it will be a system working towards a evolution a half step at a time before it becomes a message we all can understand.
for now

WHAT IS THE WII U?
Is it a zebra or a thoroughbred or a mutt! this will be on everyones minds this gen.

Signed: 3dimension.
3dimension
Flicky
Flicky

Wii U Doom?

Postby Suke » 21 Feb 2013 00:18

Already, everywhere I'm seeing the Wii U is doom or the Wii U will be left behind again. I know this is way too early to determined, but do you think the Wii U is Doom. With all the third party developers going towards the PS4 for its developer friendly hardware. What's your take on this?
Suke
Flicky
Flicky

Re: Wii U Doom?

Postby nGen » 21 Feb 2013 00:24

Really? You're going to ask a Nintendo fansite if it thinks the Wii U is doomed?

Now I didn't watch today's presser, but I'd rather hear from developers on how easy it is to make games for the PS4 than from Sony representatives.
Any objections lady?
nGen
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

3DS: 1633-4277-3240
Wii: 8216060320213884

Postby jlatimer11 » 21 Feb 2013 00:27

Suke wrote:Already, everywhere I'm seeing the Wii U is doom or the Wii U will be left behind again. I know this is way too early to determined, but do you think the Wii U is Doom. With all the third party developers going towards the PS4 for its developer friendly hardware. What's your take on this?

Things are no different than they were yesterday.

The specs that were leaked were true, and we all knew Sony was going to get all the third party titles anyways.
jlatimer11
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: jlatimer11
3DS: 1891-1333-7003
PSN: jlatimer11
XBL: jmlat

Postby JD » 21 Feb 2013 00:29

Already seeing Wii U is doomed talk everywhere? Where have you been?

As for your question, I doubt Wii U is doomed...

For one, Nintendo has already shown themselves more than capable of taking care of themselves if the third parties abandon them.

For another, the PS4 for all its power isn't that much more powerful... yes, the pictures are now shinier, but the power gap between consoles isn't as big as before. As long as they are willing to put there games on multiple consoles, they shouldn't have too much trouble making a Wii U version.

Then there's all the supposed problems the PS4 may face... the one's that haven't been addressed. We know very little about the console, but so far everything seems to suggest the PS4 will yet again be another high-priced console with high development costs. These sort of things could potentially scare off the target audience, something that may scare off developers.

EDIT: One more thing! This whole Sony hardware will beat Nintendo hardware... how many times have "they" been saying that now with the PSP? The PS3? The PSV? How many times were "they" right? ...Yeah :lol: ...

So, no, I don't think the Wii U is doomed... regardless of whatever happens, it'll be fine...
Last edited by JD on 21 Feb 2013 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
My (current) Smash Bros must haves:
10. Little Mac 9. Takamaru 8. Saki 7. Medusa 6. Demille 5. Isaac 4. Shulk 3. Palutena :D 2. Dillon :cry: 1. Mewtwo

Honorable Mentions:
Wonderful 100, Captain Syrup, Fiora, Zoroark, Jill, Muddy Mole
JD
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: J.D.

PreviousNext

Return to WiiU / Wii