Game requests you're tired of hearing

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Game requests you're tired of hearing

Postby Eternal Rain » 23 Dec 2012 00:01

Came to mind based on the comments section of a recent news post.

for me:

-Metroid Prime 4
Stop asking for a "Prime 4," what we need is "Metroid 5," as in the game that takes place after Fusion. We've had nothing but interquels in this franchise for a decade now, we need a game that actually pushes us beyond elements and people like Ridley, Mother Brain, and Metroid Prime. Have a game where Samus is on the run from the Federation because of her disobeying orders in Fusion, and maybe further updates to her new suit. I don't care who makes it (though I am getting tired of people asking Retro to do it, they worked on nothing but Metroid for over 7-8 years, give them a break), I'd just much prefer a forward continuation of the series and not a return to yet another interquel.

-Super Mario Galaxy 3
Galaxy is over and done with, it was the Wii's main Mario series, and I feel it needs to stay that way. Making a Galaxy 3 wouldn't be unique at this point, and probably wouldn't give us a Mario game that we could easily identify with the Wii U. Every other 3D Mario so far has been identifiable with the system it was attached to. What the Wii U needs is a new 3D Mario with it's own identity, not a 3D Mario that just reuses the identity of an older one. Galaxy needs to just stay the Wii's main Mario series, which is why it bugs me when people keep clamoring on and on about "hurr durr i wnt galaxy tree!"
Eternal Rain
Toad
Toad

Re: Game requests you're tired of hearing

Postby YoshiRider123 » 23 Dec 2012 00:28

Nintendo Kart.
ImageImage
YoshiRider123
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: YoshiRider123
3DS: 2234-7518-2554
Wii: 7089-5120-7410-8507

Postby HammerGalladeBro » 23 Dec 2012 00:34

Super Mario RPG 2, especifically if it's just to bring back Geno and Mallow.
Random, useless Trivia: The Wii U GamePad fits in a big pocket, do I recommend you to do so? NO!
HammerGalladeBro
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: AHammerGalladeB
Steam ID: HammerGalladeBro
Wii: 2969 2823 0139 0622

Postby ddddd » 23 Dec 2012 01:05

Id actually want a Prime 4, as long it ends right before going to SR388 to exterminate metroids, or even better, with that adventure as the final mission.

On Topic:

Retro-made Star Fox:

This has to be one of the most requested games to be developed by Retro besides Zelda, and I think they are not the right devs for it. Traditional StarFox games are rather simple games, being on rails means most of the game is scripted, no need for AI or physics for the majority of the game. Seems quite different from what the studio has been making since gamecube, exploration adventure games. Any first party studio could make a StarFox game in regards of gameplay, dialog and story could have some assistance from nintendo anyway. There is also the fact that Retro has been hiring developers with experience in western adventure and shooting games, and at least one of the new artists specializes in eastern/oriental creatures. Putting these people to make a traditional StarFox game would be very weird.
What about an adventure based StarFox? That would be more likely, altough it still clashes with the new employees experiences and styles.
And we still have to remember that StarFox is a storyline driven franchise, events that happen in prequels affect sequels, like Metroid. So if they were to make a game, there is a chance it could be anything, an isolated spin-off, a canon prequel, or a mainline entry.

Besides, if B3D is to be believed, Retro's upcoming game is a brand new IP targeted to the western audience.
And what about that quote from a Paul Gale interview, "a game everyone wants us to make"? Well, the guy also claims that Capcom considered maing a Street Fighter game based on himself, and Retro's game could be a Metroid-StarFox crossover, so.... big grain of salt on that one.
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby J0RdAnN » 23 Dec 2012 01:24

YoshiRider123 wrote:Nintendo Kart.

I think you mean NintenGo! Kart.
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby TheLastBlade » 23 Dec 2012 01:47

Super Mario RPG 2..... With Square Enix.... Has anyone even payed any attention to what happened to them over the years? "It can't get any worse than Sticker Star!". Yes! It can be much worse! You guys really want a Mario version of Final Fantasy 13?!
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Postby cortjezter » 23 Dec 2012 02:01

anything that is a sequel to an existing franchise/series. including metroid prime, smash bros, mario 64, star fox, etc.

not saying i don't want these games; but as the subject is, i'm just sick of hearing about people wanting them. obviously nintendo is going to deliver games for these series/franchises eventually, so the constant bleating is just unnecessary.
cortjezter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam ID: cortjezter
Wii: 4659 4316 9119 3027
PSN: cortjezter
XBL: cortjezter

Postby MoldyClay » 23 Dec 2012 03:00

Probably everything mentioned in this thread thusfar, except a Super Smash Kart, as I honestly think it just needs to happen already. Especially after the MK7 roster, and since it's already turning into Mario+Donkey Kong Country Kart.

And I am sick of hearing about SMRPG2 for reasons unrelated to Square's recent games. Nintendo would be working on it to, it wouldn't be FF13.

I am also not sick of hearing about Retro Star Fox. I don't know why we're making the assumption it'd be weird for them after they've made 3 (4? Forget if they actually made Hunters. Don't think so..) First Person Adventures, a side-scrolling 2.5D platformer and worked on a majority of Mario Kart 7 when the rest of Nintendo got busy/wrapped up in things. Though, admittedly, I'd rather Retro do either something original or a different series.

As for other requests I am tired of? Man, not sure now. I had stuff in mind when I started the post, but lost it as I replied.
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu

NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Postby CrispyGoomba » 23 Dec 2012 03:17

Majora's Mask 3D.
CrispyGoomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: CrispyGoomba
3DS: 0688-5315-1722
Wii: 1198-2138-8210-1532
XBL: CrispyGoomba

Postby nGen » 23 Dec 2012 03:17

Mario and Sonic platformer.
Any objections lady?
nGen
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

3DS: 1633-4277-3240
Wii: 8216060320213884

Postby Iridium077 » 23 Dec 2012 03:23

Everything in this thread except for Prime 4.

While I agree with your point about interquels, after Other M, I just want to see the series do something good period. Get it back on track and then we can talk about specifics.

I'll also contribute: a Majora's Mask remake. There are more people who like 'Operation Moonfall' on Facebook than 'Operation Rainfall' and 'Xenoblade Chronicles' combined, and then doubled. I don't understand this at all. We barely even got Xenoblade once, given how little effort NOA put into that release (and its tagline 'Available for the first time in North America!' was clearly inspired by something), and yet more than twice as many people would rather we instead got a fourth version of a game we've already gotten three times and is presently available on every Nintendo console since its release - and was pretty much perfect the first time around, anyway.

Redundant remake > Original, lengthy, Wii-exclusive RPG. Why. Even if you're the sort who didn't like Xenoblade, this is stupid.
Iridium077
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: Iridium
PSN: Jean_Descole

Postby PatrickTheHuman » 23 Dec 2012 03:36

Super Mario RPG 2 exists, it's called Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. The only reason people ask for it so much is Geno, who I really couldn't care much about. Sure it's awesome to totally obliterate mooks with him, but other than that, I don't understand why people treat him like God's second son. Sonic Adventure 3 also exists, it's called Sonic the Hedgehog for PS360. Same gameplay, and it has multiple playstyles. This is coming from the guy who's top three games list includes SA2. Seriously guys, shut up and let the series evolve, it DESPERATELY needs to now that it's done rehashing everything. Seriously, Colors is the only completely original Sonic game since Unleashed.
PatrickTheHuman
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: PatrickTheHuman
3DS: 0259-0444-2571
PSN: Patthehuman
XBL: PatTheHuman64

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 23 Dec 2012 03:37

Kingdom Hearts 3, Super Mario Galaxy 3, Super Smash Bros 4, Sonic Generations 2 and Super Smash/Nintendo Kart.
I once lived in a bubble… but eventually… I grew tired of it. So yeah… wishes do come true… well for me at least!Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Postby CrispyGoomba » 23 Dec 2012 06:18

Oh yeah, Final Fantasy Versus. It seems like every time there is a story related to FF on IGN, people complain that they want it.
CrispyGoomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: CrispyGoomba
3DS: 0688-5315-1722
Wii: 1198-2138-8210-1532
XBL: CrispyGoomba

Postby thresholdXCI » 23 Dec 2012 13:10

CrispyGoomba wrote:Oh yeah, Final Fantasy Versus. It seems like every time there is a story related to FF on IGN, people complain that they want it.

In a similar vein, a Final Fantasy VII remake. I'm 90% certain Square would fuck at least some small part of it up and then everyone would be mortified. The original still works as effectively as it ever did and it's certainly easy enough to get hold of a copy.

In terms of Nintendo, Earthbound. I'd like to see it sure enough, but it's been requested enough. If it hasn't been re-released on VC or whatever yet it's not because Nintendo has no idea anybody wants it. Petitioning them further isn't going to make a release any more likely. Just everyone stop and if it comes out let it be a nice surprise.
thresholdXCI
Site Mod
Site Mod

Wii: 4073 2409 9869 0324
PSN: jw_XCI

Postby led-naruto » 23 Dec 2012 13:46

Link to the Past remake...
Mirror and Soul
led-naruto
Toad
Toad

Postby CaptainColon » 23 Dec 2012 23:56

Anything that wasn't requested by me.
CaptainColon
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: BeerAndMidgets
3DS: 0989-1731-6815

Postby J0RdAnN » 24 Dec 2012 01:18

Killer Instict (Arcade) on VC...never going to happen EVER! and it's a shame but move on...
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby StarStabbedMoon » 24 Dec 2012 02:12

CaptainColon wrote:Anything that wasn't requested by me.

This guy has the right idea.
StarStabbedMoon
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: StarStabbedMoon
3DS: 1203-9212-7879
Wii: 5200 6206 5594 3458
PSN: StarStabbedMoon

Postby SDDMN » 24 Dec 2012 02:59

To be frank, I'm tired of Sonic fans asking for Sonic Adventure 3, and I'm pretty sure the Sonic fans here who don't care for SA3 will agree with me.

From what I remember, the main guy behind Sonic wants to take the series in a new direction, and SA3 would go against that.
SDDMN
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: SDDMN25
3DS: 4596-9457-8127

Postby Jack_Atlas » 24 Dec 2012 03:44

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 and Bayonetta 2 for 360 and PS3.

Ignorance, Ignorance everywhere over these two games.
Jack_Atlas
Metool
Metool

NN ID: MMXZero
3DS: 1805-2179-8194

Postby Cassidy » 24 Dec 2012 12:15

Wasn't it Nintendo who brought up the idea for a Majora's Mask/Link to the Past Remake?

Anyway, I always see a bunch of Pokemon fans suggest a MMO for the series. The creator already confirmed that it wasn't going to happen, yet, the demand still appears on message boards.
Cassidy
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: KingCassidy
3DS: 4854-6597-5917
Steam ID: Morbid Safety

Postby ddddd » 24 Dec 2012 12:59

Cassidy wrote:Wasn't it Nintendo who brought up the idea for a Majora's Mask/Link to the Past Remake?

Anyway, I always see a bunch of Pokemon fans suggest a MMO for the series. The creator already confirmed that it wasn't going to happen, yet, the demand still appears on message boards.

And is such a missed oportunity for infinite profit.
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby MegaShock100 » 26 Dec 2012 23:38

YoshiRider123 wrote:Nintendo Kart.

Pretty much. I don't like this idea at all!

A Pokemon MMO is also something I don't ever want to see. A Pokemon game with robust online features with MMO element would be sweet, but not a straight-up MMORPG like WoW or Maple Story or whatever.

I'm not necessarily "tired" of hearing these ideas, but I definitely never want to see them come to existence!

Star Fox from Retro is something else that kind of worries me. I loved DKCR and that game is the proof that Retro can do more than a serious, "mature" game like Prime trilogy, but would they be able to do Star Fox's gameplay? And being a Western dev, I worry that they might be influenced by the '90s brand of too-cool-for-school anthropomorphic characters like Crash Bandicoot and Sonic. There's nothing wrong with those characters, but that's not what Star Fox is so I don't want to see some wise-cracking Fox McCloud who uses a lot of slang like "Smell ya later!" after he defeats an enemy.

CrispyGoomba wrote:Oh yeah, Final Fantasy Versus. It seems like every time there is a story related to FF on IGN, people complain that they want it.

Well, to be fair, the game has been in development for like 6 years, and all we have are like 3 trailers, and two of them use mostly the same footage. >.>

I've never completed a FF game, yet for some reason I'm anticipating this game so badly, that when it was rumored to be cancelled I was so crushed (so glad they confirmed it's still being developed). I'm mostly looking forward to it for the soundtrack and, surprising to myself as well, the story. I dunno why, since I never cared for FF or KH.

Although, the most recent trailer that was released like two years ago did kind of a good job of lowering my expectations. I'm not one to care much about graphics, but their "new and improved" visuals looked awful. Before the characters looked nice and "realistic" (for lack of a better term), but now they have this plastic-y look, like their faces are all glossy and the main girl especially looks too... "anime-styled" with her pinkish eyes (they were blue originally) and her artificial looking hair that's too shiny. It's hard to explain, but it's like they took a generic anime art style and recreated it with 3D computer graphics. The original style was also technically anime, but it was unique. It had a more realistic look like FF XIII, but this new one looks pretty terrible and immersion breaking. Anyways, point is I hope the game is being made and we get info soon (and they use an aesthetic similar to the original build), so... deal with it! 8)
Last edited by MegaShock100 on 27 Dec 2012 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
MegaShock100
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Koopzilla » 27 Dec 2012 01:52

Call of Duty. Or does anyone even request these games as it's a given there will be a new one within a year at any given point in time.

Or Metroid Prime 4. Don't get me wrong the Prime games were actually really good, in fact they are almost the only first person perspective games I can even stand playing. I just want something closer to Super Metroid. While Other M definitely had it's problems, I think it was a huge step in the right direction. Just take out all the dialog, and other human characters, I always loved the idea of being completely alone on a planet fighting aliens. A few other things need fixed and it would be a fantastic game.

Super Mario RPG 2, I would like to have, but at the same time we have the Mario & Luigi games, and Paper Mario, so theres not really much point. And Squaresoft is only a shell of it's former self. It's hard telling if it would even be good or not. I don't really care about bringing Geno back since he was by far my least favorite character in that game, and I only use him until I get another party member to replace him, then he doesn't get used for the rest of the game.

I would love a remake of Final Fantasy 7, since it has not aged well at all. But I can completely agree that Square almost surely screw it up and find a way to make it suck.

Banjo Kazooie, or Killer Instinct, or any RARE game for that matter. They are incapable of making good games any more, so I think it's just best to let them die with dignity.

Majora's Mask, well I don't have anything bad to say about it, because I would buy it in an instant and love it. It's still the best 3D Zelda in my opinion, and having it on a handheld so I can play it anywhere would be great for me. And after seeing what an excellent job they did with Ocarina of Time, I just want it. I don't want that instead of an original Zelda game, but if they do it on the side I definitely wouldn't complain.
Koopzilla
Nintendo Power Player

NN ID: Koopzilla
3DS: 2793-0595-9972

Next

Return to WiiU / Wii