Game requests you're tired of hearing

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Re: Game requests you're tired of hearing

Postby Magolor » 27 Dec 2012 18:35

To be honest, I'd say most Mother related requests are complete trite. Even though I do think the Mother series is EXTREMELY overrated (Aside from Mother 3) there are some problems about their release (Mother 1 will probably not sell well, Earthbound has too many problems with licensing, and Mother 3 already has a free fan translation)

Aside from that, Super Mario Galaxy 3, Metroid Dread, RARE coming back to Nintendo (most of the orginal staff left the company, they will not produce good games anymore) Mega Man 11 (although Legends 3 and a new entry in the X series wouldn't be bad) Pokemon R/S/E remakes (I'm not against it, but seeing it so desprately wanted is a bit tiring. Remember when hardly anyone liked gen 3?) Pokemon MMO (It would just not work the fundamentals of pokemon are built around a mostly single player game with social features like trading and battling, an MMO would have to change so much that you might as well make a new IP. What pokemon needs is a game inspired by simulators like pokemon online and pokemon showdown! With a new lick of graphical paint to freshen things up.) A pokemon game that's like Skyrim (Seriously, you would be surprised by the amount of requests iv'e seen of this -.-) Bayonetta 2 Climax Edition, Kingdom Hearts 3 (Seriously It's most likely getting made, shut up) and thinking of that, most other squaresoft related requests (Unless it's to do with Chrono Trigger, and no, Chrono Cross doesn't count IMO).
Magolor
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: MagolorTheGreat
Steam ID: FlakkTheGreat

Postby RedFire Mario » 27 Dec 2012 20:43

As much as I will like this to happen, everyone requesting for Half-Life 3 is getting rather old.
RedFire Mario
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: RedFireMario

Postby Berrix » 28 Dec 2012 12:58

Retro-Made Zelda/Prime/F-Zero/Star Fox

Seriously, Retro is amazingly talented. I'm impressed with what they have done to Prime, but that trilogy is now "over" and it's time to progress to something new, not just stick them with everything else. What I would love to see from Retro, if anything, is them doing something new. Maybe pull Ravenblade out of the trash and give it another go. Maybe even see Project HAMMER re-looked at. I would love to see what they can do if Nintendo loosened the reigns on them as far as ideas go.

"Mature" Mario

Not exactly sure what they usually mean when I have heard it. But it gets under my skin. Supposedly Mario was supposed to grow more "mature" as the gamer has, toting guns and swearing? I dunno, it happens on rare occasions and I hate it like noone's business.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Postby ddddd » 28 Dec 2012 18:47

Berrix wrote:"Mature" Mario

Not exactly sure what they usually mean when I have heard it. But it gets under my skin. Supposedly Mario was supposed to grow more "mature" as the gamer has, toting guns and swearing? I dunno, it happens on rare occasions and I hate it like noone's business.

I honestly would make it a self parody, or in a "spiritual successor" vein. Not a real mario game, but with similar gameplay concepts :oops:
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby Gamingboy » 03 Jan 2013 15:44

The request of having a Pokemon game with "all of the regions". I'll admit it would be cool, but it'd be so effing broken. Unless if they change it to a 1-1000 level scale or something, by the time you were a few gyms through Hoenn you'd either be mowing down everybody with your team of level 100 everythings or you'd be facing trainers with every Pokemon being level 90+, even the bug-catchers.

I mean, there's a reason why at the start of every region in the anime, Ash Ketchum basically decides to just start with only Pikachu or has his previous Pokemon leave to go somewhere.
Gamingboy
Goomba
Goomba

Postby HammerGalladeBro » 03 Jan 2013 17:09

Gamingboy wrote:The request of having a Pokemon game with "all of the regions". I'll admit it would be cool, but it'd be so effing broken. Unless if they change it to a 1-1000 level scale or something, by the time you were a few gyms through Hoenn you'd either be mowing down everybody with your team of level 100 everythings or you'd be facing trainers with every Pokemon being level 90+, even the bug-catchers.

I mean, there's a reason why at the start of every region in the anime, Ash Ketchum basically decides to just start with only Pikachu or has his previous Pokemon leave to go somewhere.

Now that you mention it, didn‘t Misty mentions how Ash is cheating (or something like that) for using Charizard against Trainers that just started their journey in the episode where Ash leaves Charizard for training in the Johto saga?

The idea of Pokémon with all regions could work on a Stadium-esque game which focuses heavily in a mode similar to the Gym Leader Castle, but as a game itself, it wouldn‘t work.
HammerGalladeBro
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: AHammerGalladeB
Steam ID: HammerGalladeBro
Wii: 2969 2823 0139 0622

Postby CrispyGoomba » 03 Jan 2013 23:25

Gamingboy wrote:The request of having a Pokemon game with "all of the regions". I'll admit it would be cool, but it'd be so effing broken. Unless if they change it to a 1-1000 level scale or something, by the time you were a few gyms through Hoenn you'd either be mowing down everybody with your team of level 100 everythings or you'd be facing trainers with every Pokemon being level 90+, even the bug-catchers.

It could have a chance of working if they had it to where it requires more experience to level up and/or you get way less experience after battling. But if they did it like that, then people would complain that it takes to long to level up. I do agree though that it would be nice to have.
CrispyGoomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: CrispyGoomba
3DS: 0688-5315-1722
Wii: 1198-2138-8210-1532
XBL: CrispyGoomba

Postby Koopzilla » 04 Jan 2013 01:54

CrispyGoomba wrote:

It could have a chance of working if they had it to where it requires more experience to level up and/or you get way less experience after battling. But if they did it like that, then people would complain that it takes to long to level up. I do agree though that it would be nice to have.

I don't know, it would be kind of cool. They could have every Pokemon, and in the correct regions. It would also give you a chance to capture the old legendaries. I never have all my Pokemon leveled to 100 by the time I beat the game anyway. It would cut out extensive amounts of grinding. I think they could put in a system where the trainers levels are based off your level or something. I'm sure they could figure something out, in Gold and Silver you could go through Kanto after beating Johto, and it worked out. They could just have a main new region and after that you are free to visit all other regions and catch new (or old i guess) Pokemon and challenge old gyms & Elite Fours, and level up your Pokemon and stuff. It would beat running around the same area for hours and hours trying to level up your Pokemon, and give you much more incentive to keep playing after defeating the elite four.
Koopzilla
Nintendo Power Player

NN ID: Koopzilla
3DS: 2793-0595-9972

Postby Darth Vader » 04 Jan 2013 16:19

I remember I used to see people call for a Sonic Adventure 3... I don't hear it very often anymore but I never ever understood how people could view Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 as being 'good games' that warrant an official sequel and I beat both of them, you know, being a kid who at the time didn't really have a grasp on what constitutes good game design. Seriously, half the reason the Sonic brand had been in trouble in the past, at least the way I see it, and I might offend some here by saying this... was because there was a time when Sonic fans really didn't have any standards. Look at Mario's transition to 3D... the Sonic Adventure games feel and play like they were designed by complete amateurs in comparison.

I don't need a Super Mario Galaxy 3 either, I'd much rather see a console game that plays like 3D Land but with bigger, more expansive levels. Galaxy 1 and 2 were wonderful games but that concept has just about run its course

Metroid deserves another Prime (hell, I'd be down with another Prime trilogy now that we're finally rocking a console that isn't weak) and at this point would probably going a long way in repairing some of the brand damage that Other M did (don't care who you are or if you liked it, bad or not it did damage to people's perception of the series and wrecked a record of mostly perfect video games). I am a little sick of hearing people ask for a new Retro Metroid though because I'd rather see a new 2D Metroid at this point. I don't know if that will happen though, we all know how post-Gamecube Nintendo feels about their core series that don't move copies like Zelda at the very least.
Vader's Gonna Go Play Some More Dankey Kang
3DS info - The Hoss - 0602 6282 8767
Darth Vader
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby CM30 » 04 Jan 2013 20:33

Super Mario Galaxy 3. Do I like the Mario Galaxy games? Definitely. Would I like a third one? Yeah okay. But I'd rather Nintendo's next 3D Mario game not be a Super Mario Galaxy sequel.

I've just had enough of space and think the more open world style design from Mario 64 and Sunshine is due again. And I think Nintendo probably agrees with me here, Galaxy 3 would just be a somewhat lazy concept for the first and likely only 3D Mario game on a new system.
Nintendo 3DS Community, a Nintendo 3DS forum

Die hard Mario fan, writer for various Nintendo sites and person whose probably played the most Wario Land 4.
CM30
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

3DS: 4983-5165-4189

Postby Zanreo » 09 Jan 2013 04:24

Pokémon MMO, for the reasons mentioned. Also I'm personally not that into MMOs, so maybe it's because the idea doesn't appeal much to me...
Last edited by Zanreo on 17 Feb 2013 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
Zanreo
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Zanreo
3DS: 4167-5254-5483
Steam ID: Zanreo
PSN: Zanreo

Postby bomblord » 10 Jan 2013 16:16

I'm tired of hearing requests for games not to go to a Nintendo platform because it's "kiddy" and "doesn't deserve a game like that"
bomblord
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby Zanreo » 11 Jan 2013 04:00

Ugh, yeah... shouldn't it just be good news games are getting more platforms?
Zanreo
Boo
Boo

Postby 2NE1 » 23 Jan 2013 06:52

2013 and no Final Fantasy VII HD?

Square is literally hitler.

Literally.
2NE1
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: ComicSans

Postby Zanreo » 25 Jan 2013 13:10

Pokémon (the main games) for the VC.
As cool as it would be... I don't think it would happen. One thing is all the different versions, plus the "catching 'em all" part wouldn't be possible with just one game, because of version exclusives, and you can't use the link functions on the 3DS (unless they released both/all versions and made it possible to link with the 3DSes...)

That being said, I'd like to see some of the spinoffs there. Trading Card Game, Pinball and stuff, maybe?
Last edited by Zanreo on 17 Feb 2013 17:46, edited 2 times in total.
Zanreo
Boo
Boo

Postby Leon2457 » 28 Jan 2013 19:21

Anything Mother or Majora's Mask related.

Seriously, I don't get the big fascination.
Considering I've been playing Video Games since I was 3 years old, I'm still pretty terrible at them
Leon2457
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: NRool2
Steam ID: Zuruggu77
XBL: Leon2457

Postby CM30 » 28 Jan 2013 19:57

Leon2457 wrote:Anything Mother or Majora's Mask related.

Seriously, I don't get the big fascination.

You mean like Majora's Mask 3D? Yeah, some people are way too obsessed with that idea.
Nintendo 3DS Community, a Nintendo 3DS forum

Die hard Mario fan, writer for various Nintendo sites and person whose probably played the most Wario Land 4.
CM30
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

3DS: 4983-5165-4189

Postby Leon2457 » 28 Jan 2013 20:14

CM30 wrote: You mean like Majora's Mask 3D? Yeah, some people are way too obsessed with that idea.

That's the one, I suppose it'd be good from a business standpoint since fans have gone Majora's Mask crazy over the past couple years for being "omg so dark creepy subliminal messages bendrowned omg" but honestly I feel it'd be a waste of good development resources, Grezzo clearly have the skill to reproduce the feel and aesthetic of a Zelda title, why not let them make something new instead?
Considering I've been playing Video Games since I was 3 years old, I'm still pretty terrible at them
Leon2457
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: NRool2
Steam ID: Zuruggu77
XBL: Leon2457

Postby Zanreo » 15 Apr 2013 03:32

Not a specific game, but god, I'm sick of people complaining that *insert new 3DS game here* should also be on DS(often with a comment about how they hate the 3DS). Of course, because they don't have a 3DS themselves... sometimes they can't afford it but just as often they don't want a 3DS at all because they don't want to use 3D (which they can turn off... this is just "i don't want a wii because i don't want to wave my arms around to play" all over again...). I've seen this for almost every "big" 3DS game that's been released the last years, and by now it's just ridiculous... look, new consoles taking over for the old ones are a thing that happens. The 3DS has been out for two years now and most if not all developers switched over long ago, because of course they want to focus on the new console! The new console that IS, in fact, more than just "a DS with 3D". DS is almost 10 years old and we were due for a new "improved" console, and sorry, but the DS is pretty much "dead" when it comes to new games. Don't get me wrong, the DS is still a great console with tons of good games... just don't expect any new big titles for it at this point.

Also, why do I never see this for other consoles, just the DS/3DS? With the other consoles, people can be annoyed about not affording them, but they seem to more or less accept that the new games come out for that console instead of the old one.
Zanreo
Boo
Boo

Postby DBPanterA » 15 Apr 2013 04:33

In addition to the above post:

- People wanted a certain game to go from hand-held to home console or vise versa. This is rampant with Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. If you want to play a certain game, buy the console. I don't find Halo interesting, so I don't buy a Xbox. It is that simple.

- Reading different web-sites, I am really tired of hearing how everyone wants to improve the Zelda franchise. This is in addition to the insanity of people's expectations due to Iwata's January Nintendo Direct. He clearly states in it, around the 18 minute mark, that all the games we expect are in development. He never gave dates or when to expect the games to be released. There is simply no way a new Zelda game appears in 2013 with Windwaker HD due in the fall. I further do not think we will see a new Wii U Zelda in 2014, as that is only a 3 year turn over from Skyward Sword, a game that took Nintendo years to make.

- I honestly think that people's expectations now that Nintendo has a HD console are somewhat unrealistic. My biggest fear as a Nintendo only consumer is they have not developed games in HD for the last 6 years like their competition. That is a lot of ground to make up. I just don't see the games coming out as fast as people think.

- I always enjoy these requests for fringe Nintendo IPs to have a new game. Wanna know why we haven't seen F-Zero in years? Because they last few games in that series sold like garbage. Nintendo wants to make money off every game title they sell. If you look at their top 20 games sold per console, you will see some patterns, the main one being Mario is King,
DBPanterA
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: Minny612
3DS: 515529339036

Postby changer1701 » 15 Apr 2013 12:01

Mother and F-Zero, without question, as well as calls for more shooters.
changer1701
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby TheDreamingHawk » 21 Apr 2013 21:13

For me:

-Minecraft on wii U: Seriously, why are so many little kids in the miiverse whining and begging for this game? It's not worth it anyway (The reason I refer to them as that as about 75% of the people requesting it have the friend request button greyed out in their profile, meaning they are under 13. Kinda makes me wish they did what they do on other sites and just ban every person under 13 from miiverse)

New F-Zero: I liked the SNES game a lot, but HATED the maximum velocity game. There does not need to be a New F-Zero, as there is nowhere left to go with it, unless they HD remake the BS-X games

Mother 3 in NA: It's not worth it, took too much away from the older 2 games (Which I love), and it's a 7 Year old GBA game: Would a translation be REALLY needed in this time?

Pokemon main games on the Wii U/3DS VC: I love the originals, but why would you need these on a console VC, let alone a handheld without a multiplayer feature for VC games? It wouldn't fit. Puzzle league and TCG would be better fits, but what we REALLY need is Red rescue team for BOTH systems, as that is my #3 favorite game of all time.

Fire Emblem Mystery of Emblem for North american VC: It was never translated, plus it isn't that good anyway, the remake of Shadow dragon and Book II of it not being that much fun. Gaiden is IMO the better game, but not even Nintendo cares about it much besides the 2 VC rereleases of it.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Wii U: I haven't heard this one much, but I DO hear it sometimes, and I say no to it, despite the recent installment being my favorite game of all time. Why? Because most likely they will mess it up like they did on the wiiware games back in 09.

Super Mario world SNES for 3DS VC. People asking for this game on the 3DS VC, yet IMO it's the weakest main mario game. The controls don't feel good on my hands compared to the A jump B run method on the NES and NSMB games. I always fail running AND spin jumping and crash into a enemy or one of their attacks. The GBA version (Which I grew up with and dearly love) Had a more comfortable control scheme, included the original Mario Bros game, and had some nice touches to it. The Wii U VC rerelease is also great, as I can map the buttons and enjoy it just like I do on the GBA, but with better sound and graphics.

Mega Man Legends 3 Revival: When I was young, I played Mega man 64 (Legends 1) after my parents bought it from a store, and even though the controls and story was OK, I didn't like the game as I always got lost, it was too boring and there wasn't much of a point, so I didn't like the series at all, and at the time, neither did many people. It was when they pulled that dumb cliffhanger at the end of 2 (Won't spoil it here) that everyone freaked out, and when Capcom pulled the plug on MML3 for 3DS, everyone went insane just because they want to finish the story, even though let's face it: The game wouldn't be the same without Inafune, and it probably wouldn't be a good game seeing how it's been so long since the last one.

I think they could just wrap the story up by making a MML Anime or manga, but that's just me.

Aliens Colonial Marines for Wii U: You may think that this is NOT a requested game as it is quite bad on other systems and everyone here knows it, but look at Nintendo's facebook and youtube pages, and you'll see a TON of comments from a few weeks ago from people complaining that they need to make this for wii U because they apparently dub it a "AAA Title the wii u is missing out on". Yeah, a game with bugs and bad AI is the AAA title for wii U that'll save it from it's sales situation.

Those are my personal games I'm sick of hearing, but that's just my opinion

Proud Nintendo fan since N64, proud RPG fan since Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
TheDreamingHawk
Toad
Toad

NN ID: TheDreaminHawk

Postby jlatimer11 » 21 Apr 2013 22:45

In general? Final Fantasy 7 remake.

On Nintendo systems it's definitely Mother 3.
jlatimer11
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: jlatimer11
3DS: 1891-1333-7003
PSN: jlatimer11
XBL: jmlat

Postby Aresian » 15 May 2013 05:41

Another Super Mario 64 remake and all mediocre shooter sequals....
Aresian
Fairy
Fairy

Postby bound_for_earthbound » 15 May 2013 10:42

Majora's Mask, and Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes are most annoying to me.
Not opposed to a MM remake, just tired of hearing it.
...Very opposed to Ruby and Sapphire. I don't ever want to surf that much in a pokemon game... So many wingulls...

On the flip side, while I'm tired of hearing "Sonic Adventure 3" I understand people who request that... I don't want a SA3, so much as I want to get away from the "Sonic only" gameplay and integrate alternate characters back into the series. I'm pretty confident they can do it well, if they've learned from Generations and Colors.
bound_for_earthbound
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

PreviousNext

Return to WiiU / Wii