Assassin's Creed 3 Multiplayer - Question

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Assassin's Creed 3 Multiplayer - Question

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 07 Jan 2013 21:45

So, I just decided today that I was going to try the multiplayer for Assassin's Creed.....but I had no luck whatsoever in finding a match. I tried for an extended period of time, but I was not able to. I assumed that it had to do with not a lot of people playing and the ones that were were probably a lot higher then me in their level....

Then I went to the Miiverse and posted about my inability to find matches. People added me and we tried playing with each other, but no dice. No matter what we did, I couldn't connect to their session, and they couldn't connect to mine (would give a message saying "Game Session does not exist")

Now, I'm curious, is this a problem with my internet connection, or is it just an issue that the game is having? Miiverse says my Upload is Good and that my NAT Classification is Unknown. It also goes on to say that "Your game experience will be optimal"...so this leads me to believe that it's not an issue on my end, but an issue with the game...

Any incite would be great, but at the end of the day, I won't lose sleep. All I wanted to do was mess around with the multiplayer, I heard that it wasn't that great anyway.

(Note that I've never had issues playing games online in the past)
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Broken_Cartridge
PSN: Stephen5543

Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Multiplayer - Question

Postby gtt » 19 Jan 2013 19:39

I've never been able to go one going either. No idea why. I always chalked it up to no one buying the game on wiiu. Wish I hadn't.
gtt
Kwisatz Haderach

NN ID: supergtt
3DS: 3394-3550-1815

Postby Dmolisher » 19 Jan 2013 21:10

I tried near launch before trying the campaign. I had no problem getting a match. Would figure it'd only be easier. I never heard og NAT type unknown. If you have control over your router go to portforward.com for step by step instructions to change your NAT type to Open (which is the best type). I'll try a match tomorrow and see. How do you check NAT type in Miiverse?
Dmolisher
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby Sammet » 20 Jan 2013 06:50

I tried the other day but couldn't get into a match, even after 20 minutes waiting whilst I was doing something else. I don't seem to have any other connection issues.
PM me and I'll add you to my 3DS - feel free to add my NNID for WiiU too!
Sammet
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: Samwiise
3DS: 0817-3844-7533
Wii: 6169 7599 9537 5328

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 22 Jan 2013 14:06

I have a feeling that if you didn't play multiplayer at launch you won't be able to get into multiplayer. (I haven't tried again since I made this topic) I believe the game pairs you up with similarly ranked players, and if everyone is higher up and you're just starting out, then you'll be SOL. (but someone can feel free to correct me on this if I'm wrong)

The NAT information is listed in the games option section somewhere. I believe the specific option was entitled something like "online" but I don't remember.
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Broken_Cartridge
PSN: Stephen5543

Return to WiiU / Wii