Removing Wii Shop account

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Removing Wii Shop account

Postby Kama » 11 Jan 2013 14:43

I'm going to be selling my Wii and I know I need to format the system, but should I also remove my Shop account info? I've already done the system transfer and want to know if I delete the shop account from my Wii will that keep me from being able to play my VC games on Wii U.
I WANT MY NON-SPECIFIC ACTION GAME!!11!1
Kama
Flicky
Flicky

Re: Removing Wii Shop account

Postby hellfire888 » 11 Jan 2013 15:05

i think when you format it deletes the shop info... and if you have done the transfer, i don't think you have anything to worry about.. it essentially makes it a virgin wii when you do that.. the only tie is the club nintendo link.
if you don't mind me asking, why are you selling it? the wii is great for playing older gamecube/wii games... and the used market on them is crap now.. i can get em for $40-50 at virtually any pawnshop around here... i'd just hang on to it.
i'm just loading mine with free club nintendo games.. so far i've got mario party 2/mario kart 64 on it
hellfire888
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Sgt_Hartman
PSN: Sgt_Hartman30
XBL: Sgt Hartman30

Postby Carbondog » 11 Jan 2013 15:25

My Wii has become a Netflix player that can play Nintendo games. After the next Nintendo console I plan to move all my disc saves back to it since Nintendo will likely cut standard Wii support.
Carbondog
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: Carbondog
3DS: 3179-6063-7018
Wii: 6339-9624-3474-8158
PSN: Nintenpx
XBL: DeftCarbondog

Postby beaus27 » 11 Jan 2013 15:27

hellfire888 wrote:i think when you format it deletes the shop info... and if you have done the transfer, i don't think you have anything to worry about.. it essentially makes it a virgin wii when you do that.. the only tie is the club nintendo link.
if you don't mind me asking, why are you selling it? the wii is great for playing older gamecube/wii games... and the used market on them is crap now.. i can get em for $40-50 at virtually any pawnshop around here... i'd just hang on to it.
i'm just loading mine with free club nintendo games.. so far i've got mario party 2/mario kart 64 on it

I am keeping my Wii too, moved it to another TV(no comp. cable support,:( ). I did my Wii >U transfer, but keeping it.
Gonna catch up on Wii games I neglected. The only real downside for me, my Wii is replacing my GameCube and I will be losing access to the GameBoy Player, :(!
My Top 10 1.LoZ:LttP,2.SimCity(SNES),3.SMB3,4.FF4,5.SH,6.HL2,7.Portal,8.RE4,9.SMG,10.YI
beaus27
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Postby Zanreo » 14 Jan 2013 13:48

Carbondog wrote:After the next Nintendo console I plan to move all my disc saves back to it since Nintendo will likely cut standard Wii support.

Um, I'm pretty sure you can't move your saves back to the Wii after the transfer... (unless you mean something else?)
Zanreo
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: Zanreo
3DS: 4167-5254-5483
Steam ID: Zanreo
PSN: Zanreo

Postby bellboy » 14 Jan 2013 17:35

beaus27 wrote:I am keeping my Wii too, moved it to another TV(no comp. cable support,:( ). I did my Wii >U transfer, but keeping it.
Gonna catch up on Wii games I neglected. The only real downside for me, my Wii is replacing my GameCube and I will be losing access to the GameBoy Player, :(!

I had to do that as soon as I got my Wii, my Cube died some time before the Wii came out so it became a real saving grace for me! (It's the reason why I'm keeping my current Wii despite now owning a Wii U. Memories... till Cube eShop that is)
bellboy
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: bellboy64
XBL: Madaman64

Postby lz20xx » 14 Jan 2013 19:28

Kama wrote:I'm going to be selling my Wii and I know I need to format the system, but should I also remove my Shop account info? I've already done the system transfer and want to know if I delete the shop account from my Wii will that keep me from being able to play my VC games on Wii U.

When you complete the transfer, your account has been moved to the Wii U. You don't need to worry about it anymore
lz20xx
Goomba
Goomba

Return to WiiU / Wii