XSEED publishing Pandora's Tower in North America

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Re: Pandora's Tower US release by XSEED confirmed?

Postby ddddd » 17 Jan 2013 05:48

Berrix wrote:
ddddd wrote:Maybe they should try to get some games for WiiU that have already been denied :angel:

Have we gotten a few denied Wii U releases already? I didn't know we even had enough to be denied with just yet.

Though, to be honest I would love to see Earth Seeker come stateside, even if an eShop release, or better reworked with utilize some Wii U features.

I was refering to the usual third party BS. If we are talking strictly about Japanese games, there are a few announced games not coming (for example, either Metal Gears, Suda51's new game)
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Re: XSEED publishing Pandora's Tower in North America

Postby Devil_Rising » 17 Jan 2013 08:03

Better WAY late than never, I suppose.
Also featured at: http://thepunkeffect.com
Follow along on Twitter: @RetroRevelation
And Tumblr: retrorevelations.tumblr.com
Devil_Rising
F-Zero Racer
F-Zero Racer

NN ID: Godzilla1981
PSN: AwesomeFukenGuy

Postby TooManyToasters » 17 Jan 2013 09:45

I was aware that Pandora's Tower is the weakest of the Operation Rainfall titles, at least according to critics.

Yet even with a strong cult fanbase, I can't really expect to pick this one up if the constant use of time limits frustrates the hell out of me.
I'm flying!! WHEEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TooManyToasters
Flicky
Flicky

3DS: 4339-2483-9765
XBL: doodies315

Postby MegaShock100 » 17 Jan 2013 13:58

Nice, I will definitely be picking this one up. Of the 3 OR games, it was my second most wanted after Xenoblade. I would like to see Zangeki, Takt of Magic or Earth Seeker hopefully in the future. Want those three even more than Pandora.
MegaShock100
Metool
Metool

Postby bomblord » 17 Jan 2013 14:44

What will Operation rainfall do now, fall into obscurity? They do have a pretty nice general gaming site up now.
bomblord
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 17 Jan 2013 14:56

bomblord wrote:What will Operation rainfall do now, fall into obscurity? They do have a pretty nice general gaming site up now.

My understanding is they refocused their efforts on other games awhile ago. This came as a surprise to them as well.
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: TriforceoftheGod
3DS: 2921-9263-7348
Steam ID: TriforceoftheGods
PSN: TriforceoftheGod

Postby MoldyClay » 17 Jan 2013 15:18

TooManyToasters wrote:I was aware that Pandora's Tower is the weakest of the Operation Rainfall titles, at least according to critics.

Yet even with a strong cult fanbase, I can't really expect to pick this one up if the constant use of time limits frustrates the hell out of me.

Pandora's Tower isn't an RPG and I think that's one of the problems a lot of people faced in the sense that they kept lumping the 3 games together and PT was absolutely nothing like the other two.

It's not that it's weak (from my understanding) so much as it's such a different type of game (not just from RPGs, but in literally every sense of the word different) that people just don't know what to make of it and don't end up liking it as much (or at all) because it's a bizarre genre mishmash with themes of dating sims and 3D Castlevania nonsense.

In essence, it's just "not a game for everyone". Xenoblade and TLS are rpgs for different groups of people that like different things in their RPGs, so the divide on them is simply preferences and expectations. Pandora's Tower has no real target audience. It's just a crazy game that people will either like or hate.
MoldyClay
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Postby Ngamer01 » 17 Jan 2013 16:14

Pandora's Tower still counts as an action RPG a la Secret of Mana. The only knocks against PT would be poor level design and poor graphics.

But I'm interested in PT for it's story. Usually in RPGs, one or more people band together to go save the world from some calamity or danger. In PT, you undertake a dangerous quest to try breaking a curse threatening to turn Elena into a living monster.

Though how well you do and how you act through the game even toward Elena could affect your ending. There are multiple endings in the game with many terrible endings if your game play isn't up to stuff.
Ngamer01
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: Ngamer01
3DS: 403861748183

Postby Berrix » 17 Jan 2013 21:12

ddddd wrote:I was refering to the usual third party BS. If we are talking strictly about Japanese games, there are a few announced games not coming (for example, either Metal Gears, Suda51's new game)

Had to google both, I wasn't aware of either. Though all I got was how MGS could end up on the Wii U in blogs, but nothing official. And the only thing I see from Suda51 is a PS3 game. Even if either was officially announced,, still thinking it's too early to rule out an NA release for either. Pretty sure Twin Snakes sales were decent enough for Konami to give it another try, or was MGS3D that horrid?

I missing something?
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Postby Eternal Rain » 17 Jan 2013 22:03

ddddd wrote:I was refering to the usual third party BS. If we are talking strictly about Japanese games, there are a few announced games not coming (for example, either Metal Gears, Suda51's new game)

I might give you the arguments regarding Ground Zeroes and MGS5: The Phantom Pain, but to be fair Killer Is Dead was announced years ago, and was originally set to be a PS3 exclusive. The fact it's even getting a 360 version is surprising (and makes me glad, this means I won't miss it like I did with MGS4). My guess is Suda simply doesn't want to do a sloppy port job or something. Who knows, things could change, it's not coming out for months, we could get an E3 surprise if we're lucky (or at least a confirmation of No More Heroes 3).
Eternal Rain
Toad
Toad

Postby VinceFox » 17 Jan 2013 22:06

We need to make sure it's huge hit
When Amazon starts the preorders for the game - make sure it goes to #1 and stays on #1
The same goes for retail shops - screw Call of Duty and make sure Pandora's Tower is a smash hit
VinceFox
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: RetroToonMaster
3DS: 3351-4181-1924
PSN: RetroToonFan

Postby FadedAreWii » 18 Jan 2013 00:46

I honestly never thought I'd get to own all three of these games(Xenoblade, Last Story, Pandora's). THis is pretty freaking awesome.

Just bring over the Fatal Frames now, XSEED, and my Wii library will be complete. (okay, reading through the posts, seems there are a few games I forgot about like Zangeki, Earth Seeker, etc. ANother game that would be nice to get would be Tales of Graces, but I'm definitely happy with LS and Pandora, XSEED, just making suggestions. :-p )
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: WiiareFaded

Postby bomblord » 18 Jan 2013 01:02

If I had money I'de get it, I regret selling Xenoblade now I could have had a complete collection =( I'm considering buying The Last Story here fairly soon to play on the wiiU.
bomblord
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby MoldyClay » 18 Jan 2013 05:54

Berrix wrote:Had to google both, I wasn't aware of either. Though all I got was how MGS could end up on the Wii U in blogs, but nothing official. And the only thing I see from Suda51 is a PS3 game. Even if either was officially announced,, still thinking it's too early to rule out an NA release for either. Pretty sure Twin Snakes sales were decent enough for Konami to give it another try, or was MGS3D that horrid?

I missing something?

He's talking about not coming to Wii U. Not "not coming to America". So it really has nothing to do with Operation Rainfall or any of this.

Just to let you know:
- Killer is Dead was announced in 2009 as a PS3-only title. The fact 360 is even getting it is a miracle, so whining about it not coming to Wii U is absurd. They're just too deep into it to slap some half-ass Wii U support on it. Do you really want that?

- Considering Metal Gear went full Sony ages ago, and only just started seeping onto 360 with a spin-off and a port collection, I don't know why we'd assume it was coming to Wii U at any point. Does the Wii U honestly look like it can support the Fox Engine? The Fox Engine was built around the idea of being used on PS3, 360 and next gen consoles. While the Wii U is next gen, it's also running on last gen and likely "mid-gen" stuff and I can almost guarantee that Kojima was not given a kit so he could find a way to support the Wii U with the new engine he's made.

FadedAreWii wrote:I honestly never thought I'd get to own all three of these games(Xenoblade, Last Story, Pandora's). THis is pretty freaking awesome.

Just bring over the Fatal Frames now, XSEED, and my Wii library will be complete. (okay, reading through the posts, seems there are a few games I forgot about like Zangeki, Earth Seeker, etc. ANother game that would be nice to get would be Tales of Graces, but I'm definitely happy with LS and Pandora, XSEED, just making suggestions. :-p )

Fatal Frame is most important to me, and I know it's an established series, but the reason it NEEDS to be here is the fact that Nintendo has effectively killed the series in North America and I was a huge fan. I am livid that Nintendo bought it. They've done amazing things with it, but NOA is in charge of it not coming here. Instead they bring an overpriced app game (Spirit Camera) and then go WELP. NO FATAL FRAME.

I can accept not getting Fatal Frame 4 now (which is stupid, because nobody wants to patch it), but at least bring the FF2 remake so the series is still present over here. D:

So upset about that.
MoldyClay
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Postby VinceFox » 18 Jan 2013 17:26

Hardcore Gamers are sadly to blame as to why game companies are localizing less games these days
VinceFox
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby FadedAreWii » 18 Jan 2013 22:18

I think Tecmo killed it here because Nintendo wanted them to fix it up but they wouldn't do it so no one gave a crap and it never came out. At least, that's what I remember reading. I guess I would have took a glitchy game over nothing, but I can't blame Nintendo for not wanting a broken game out under their name.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: WiiareFaded

Postby CorusFace » 19 Jan 2013 03:51

MoldyClay wrote:I don't know why we'd assume it was coming to Wii U at any point. Does the Wii U honestly look like it can support the Fox Engine? The Fox Engine was built around the idea of being used on PS3, 360 and next gen consoles. While the Wii U is next gen, it's also running on last gen and likely "mid-gen" stuff and I can almost guarantee that Kojima was not given a kit so he could find a way to support the Wii U with the new engine he's made.

i always look forward to reading your opinions, i find their absurdity hilarious.
CorusFace
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby RD3AV5 » 19 Jan 2013 04:16

CorusFace wrote:
MoldyClay wrote:I don't know why we'd assume it was coming to Wii U at any point. Does the Wii U honestly look like it can support the Fox Engine? The Fox Engine was built around the idea of being used on PS3, 360 and next gen consoles. While the Wii U is next gen, it's also running on last gen and likely "mid-gen" stuff and I can almost guarantee that Kojima was not given a kit so he could find a way to support the Wii U with the new engine he's made.

i always look forward to reading your opinions, i find their absurdity hilarious.

Ha ha! I barely was able to type this from all my laughter!
RD3AV5
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Postby MoldyClay » 19 Jan 2013 05:05

CorusFace wrote:i always look forward to reading your opinions, i find their absurdity hilarious.

I'm assuming that's a bad thing? Not gonna argue on the off-chance it isn't, and it's not like you're wrong so I can't argue anyway. 70% of the stuff that comes out of my keyboard may or may not be things I am not entirely thinking about as I type them, so "absurdity" is totally accurate in regards to myself.

That said, I don't think the Wii U can do the Fox Engine. But for that matter, I am convinced the PS3 and 360 can't either. The graphics for the trailer for Ground Zeroes were simply too nice looking for anything currently on the market aside from PC (which I do not care for as a platform).

I am also convinced Kojima doesn't have a Wii U dev kit. So even if it can run it, it's not like he can make a game for something he has no access to. And more importantly, he's already said if he makes a Wii U game it will be something terribly gimmicky, so I think we can rule out any main Metal Gears unless we get some spin-off or an MGS2 remake/port using the gamepad.
MoldyClay
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 19 Jan 2013 11:43

MoldyClay wrote:That said, I don't think the Wii U can do the Fox Engine. But for that matter, I am convinced the PS3 and 360 can't either. The graphics for the trailer for Ground Zeroes were simply too nice looking for anything currently on the market aside from PC (which I do not care for as a platform).

Kojima has stated that the Fox engine was "created for 360, PS3, and PC". The trailer that was shown for Ground Zeroes was running on PC.

It's supposedly a scaleable engine, which would mean that they probably were running the trailer at it's max settings and if put on PS3/360 it wouldn't look as good.
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Broken_Cartridge
PSN: Stephen5543

Postby VinceFox » 19 Jan 2013 12:48

[Link Removed]
preorders has just started
now make the game sell like gangbusters
Last edited by KingBroly on 20 Jan 2013 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link Removed since it benefits the user
VinceFox
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby MoldyClay » 20 Jan 2013 03:16

Broken_Cartridge wrote:
MoldyClay wrote:That said, I don't think the Wii U can do the Fox Engine. But for that matter, I am convinced the PS3 and 360 can't either. The graphics for the trailer for Ground Zeroes were simply too nice looking for anything currently on the market aside from PC (which I do not care for as a platform).

Kojima has stated that the Fox engine was "created for 360, PS3, and PC". The trailer that was shown for Ground Zeroes was running on PC.

It's supposedly a scaleable engine, which would mean that they probably were running the trailer at it's max settings and if put on PS3/360 it wouldn't look as good.

Well I know it will work on PS3 and 360, but yeah, it won't look like that trailer. If it does I will be blown the hell away.

I wonder if the Wii U *could* handle it, since it is scalable.
MoldyClay
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Postby belmontlegacy » 21 Jan 2013 15:47

So glad the last of the fabled three is finally making it's way over here. I love XSEED.
belmontlegacy
Shyguy
Shyguy

XBL: The Ahnold

Postby bomblord » 21 Jan 2013 19:37

MoldyClay wrote:
Broken_Cartridge wrote:

Well I know it will work on PS3 and 360, but yeah, it won't look like that trailer. If it does I will be blown the hell away.

I wonder if the Wii U *could* handle it, since it is scalable.

If the 360 can handle it then the wiiU can handle it, if it's GPU bound then the wiiU could handle it and then some.
Last edited by bomblord on 22 Jan 2013 04:10, edited 1 time in total.
bomblord
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby MoldyClay » 22 Jan 2013 03:40

bomblord wrote:If the 360 can handle it then the wiiU can handle it, if it's GPU bound then the wiiU could handled it and then some.

Presumably. But again, I doubt Kojima has access to anything regarding the Wii U, so he's not going to even test it.
MoldyClay
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to WiiU / Wii