aliens: coloniel marines delayed, not made by gearbox

Everything about the Wii and its games...

aliens: coloniel marines delayed, not made by gearbox

Postby bfx9 » 30 Jan 2013 23:42

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... r-on-wii-u

I'm now finding many cancellation rumors do to abysmal wii U sales.
this really stinks. the third party support may be worse than wii.
even if it does come out after ps360 PC, the sales will be poor
because of the latency.
gearbox was saying how this version looked the best and now sega
says they are not doing this version, a subsidiary is.
WTF!
what else could go wrong for wiiU owners?
I'm gettin tired of this.
it's one thing after another.
bfx9
Flicky
Flicky

Re: aliens: coloniel marines delayed, not made by gearbox

Postby Josh5890 » 31 Jan 2013 22:19

I was going to buy this at launch mostly just to prove someone is buying 3rd party games.

At least we can buy the heck out of Monster Hunter
Josh5890
Chocobo
Chocobo

PSN: Josh5890

Postby Berrix » 31 Jan 2013 22:41

The Wii U does have a different infrastructure for development and the game starting in the midst of the others' current development, it's not surprising that they outsourced the game's development to another team. What is surprising is how many people are literally surprised by this news. I don't think any dev team wants to start another console development cycle when the others were already far into their own.

Having done research on the company behind the development after reading that. It seems to be SEGA's go-to company for their ports, most recently being the Mass Effect series to the PC, which has apparently been very well received by PC players. I would give this game a chance before making a doom judgement... Y'know, like everything that apparently gamers think Nintendo represents.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Postby bfx9 » 01 Feb 2013 00:13

it's strange to hear the CEO of gearbox talk the way he did. something is off.
I hope your right.

Nintendo needs to start spending someo their billions
and update games like Zelda, metroid, eternal darkness ect.
there needs to be three games. a trilogy for each on wii U.
bfx9
Flicky
Flicky

Postby FadedAreWii » 01 Feb 2013 01:53

This person is clearly here to troll. Should probably keep an eye on him.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: WiiareFaded

Postby ddddd » 01 Feb 2013 05:36

bfx9 wrote:it's strange to hear the CEO of gearbox talk the way he did. something is off.
I hope your right.

Andy hypes everything, thats why he says what he says. People really insist in blindingly believing these devs just because they can see their faces and names or because they say what they want to hear, but they are just doing PR for their games.
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby squeeb » 01 Feb 2013 10:08

The gamestop release date list I was given a few days ago listed it as 1/1/14....so yea..hell of a delay. Personally I'm getting it on Steam for PC...but I feel bad for those looking forward to the Wii U version :\
squeeb
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: squeeb

Postby Summerwind » 01 Feb 2013 12:21

I truly hope we see the Wii U edition by the end of March. I believe that marks the end of the Wii U launch window, which we've been promised we'd see Colonial Marines in. As eager as I am to play this I keep telling myself not to give in until the Wii U edition is out. I just wish we'd get something more concrete.
Summerwind
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: jdlochner
3DS: 3566-1536-8400

Postby TopCat » 01 Feb 2013 14:26

If the game gets delayed to 2014 it will be DOA! They might as well cancel it altogether.
TopCat
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Postby squeeb » 01 Feb 2013 14:56

TopCat wrote:If the game gets delayed to 2014 it will be DOA! They might as well cancel it altogether.

It's definitely not good..here is the screenshot of the list I posted in another thread:

http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=9a60ee7
squeeb
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: squeeb

Postby Summerwind » 01 Feb 2013 15:01

Ahh, that may just be a placeholder date, Squeeb. They do that sometimes when they don't have confirmation on the date. The last I read, they were still on for the "Launch Window". Even the main website shows the Wii U version as TBC.

But I agree, if this game slips much past March they risk losing a lot of people to the other versions on other platforms.
Summerwind
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: jdlochner
3DS: 3566-1536-8400

Postby AmicableWalrus » 01 Feb 2013 15:05

Didn't we know a long time ago that Gearbox wasn't working on the Wii U version? It was then that we suspected that Pitchford was just talking out of his behind with all of his Wii U version hype.
AmicableWalrus
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: AmicableWalrus
3DS: 1547-5295-6521
PSN: AmicableWalrus
XBL: Mister Ed92

Postby Berrix » 01 Feb 2013 17:06

Summerwind wrote:Ahh, that may just be a placeholder date, Squeeb. They do that sometimes when they don't have confirmation on the date. The last I read, they were still on for the "Launch Window". Even the main website shows the Wii U version as TBC.

But I agree, if this game slips much past March they risk losing a lot of people to the other versions on other platforms.

Doubt it'll rock a 100 dollar price tag, either.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby CorusFace » 01 Feb 2013 22:26

wii u sales aren't "abysmal". they may not be phenomenal, but they won't be for competitors' next gen consoles, either. it is going to be similar for them as well, mark my words.
CorusFace
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby bfx9 » 02 Feb 2013 03:09

FadedAreWii wrote:This person is clearly here to troll. Should probably keep an eye on him.

you couldn't be more wrong.

I don't swallow the koolaid like silly fanboys.
I've owned every Nintendo ever made. I have been
in EGM for world records on games such as contra, chrono trigger and
gumshoe.

I've beat more Nintendo games than 99.9% of the population.

this ain't my first rodeo.

ddddd wrote:
bfx9 wrote:it's strange to hear the CEO of gearbox talk the way he did. something is off.
I hope your right.

Andy hypes everything, thats why he says what he says. People really insist in blindingly believing these devs just because they can see their faces and names or because they say what they want to hear, but they are just doing PR for their games.

uh yeah. he is doing a PR diatribe and not being genuine which
alludes to my fears on this games release date and performance.

I'm worried. I bet you I am right.
bfx9
Flicky
Flicky

Postby TopCat » 02 Feb 2013 06:51

Hype means nothing.. The guy form Irrational was on the first Wii U developer reel, wasn't he? And where exactly is Bioshock Infinite? Nowhere to be found.... I am yet to buy a Wii U, but the more I look into it, the less appealing it is. I like Nintendo exclusives, but I want THIRD PARTY SUPPORT. I'll probably pick up A:CM from Steam then...
TopCat
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Postby J0RdAnN » 02 Feb 2013 10:41

TopCat wrote:Hype means nothing.. The guy from Irrational was on the first Wii U developer reel, wasn't he? And where exactly is Bioshock Infinite? Nowhere to be found.... I am yet to buy a Wii U, but the more I look into it, the less appealing it is. I like Nintendo exclusives, but I want THIRD PARTY SUPPORT. I'll probably pick up A:CM from Steam then...

Kevin Levine yeah but he say from day one he had no projects underway for WiiU even though he has a dev kit.
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby TopCat » 02 Feb 2013 12:04

J0RdAnN wrote:
TopCat wrote:Hype means nothing.. The guy from Irrational was on the first Wii U developer reel, wasn't he? And where exactly is Bioshock Infinite? Nowhere to be found.... I am yet to buy a Wii U, but the more I look into it, the less appealing it is. I like Nintendo exclusives, but I want THIRD PARTY SUPPORT. I'll probably pick up A:CM from Steam then...

Kevin Levine yeah but he say from day one he had no projects underway for WiiU even though he has a dev kit.

Which shows exactly how "hard" Nintendo worked to establish a good relationship with 3rd parties. I'm pretty sure that the Wii U would have benefited from Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2, Metro and GTA V....

Also, Nintendo botched their relationship with EA. Ppl may not like them, but they release games that sell A LOT of copies.

Just watched the E3 2011 game reel and games like Metro, Dirt, Ghost Recon Online were there... Those games are nowhere to be found. The Wii U also got the short end of the stick as far as ME is concerned. Dead Space 3 is also not gonna come out for the Wii U.. The list goes on.
TopCat
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Postby Berrix » 02 Feb 2013 14:04

TopCat wrote:
J0RdAnN wrote:

Which shows exactly how "hard" Nintendo worked to establish a good relationship with 3rd parties. I'm pretty sure that the Wii U would have benefited from Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2, Metro and GTA V....

Also, Nintendo botched their relationship with EA. Ppl may not like them, but they release games that sell A LOT of copies.

Just watched the E3 2011 game reel and games like Metro, Dirt, Ghost Recon Online were there... Those games are nowhere to be found. The Wii U also got the short end of the stick as far as ME is concerned. Dead Space 3 is also not gonna come out for the Wii U.. The list goes on.

Nintendo was the one that was against the micro-transactions for Dead Space 3 that is supposedly planned. EA feels insulted that they can't keep their hands in the pocket long after the retail purchase, removes game in fit. And people still think this would been a system seller for the Wii U. It wasn't like EA was putting up much effort other than PR nonsense like usual, as ME3 was just a last-ditch effort to profit from the series with much minimal effort. Even WB and THQ added the DLC to their Wii U version of the game.

Besides, I'll be honest here; How many do you HONESTLY think would buy Bioshock Infinite on the Wii U when they already had the other two consoles and/or a stable enough PC? You cannot sit here and pretend so many people were going to jump on board to Nintendo's console to get that when they'll stay put to have all their achievements, collection of the games, etc. on their preferred consoles they already have the previous ones for.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby bfx9 » 04 Feb 2013 00:32

well said.

Nintendo needs exclusive 3rd party support.

current sales from batman, ac3, ME trilogy are once again
proving that people want those games on Xbox live.

bioshock infinite will not sell well on wiiU and it will
only make developers never want to make games for wiiU
every again.
wait, this as already happend.
bfx9
Flicky
Flicky

Postby Berrix » 04 Feb 2013 01:50

bfx9 wrote:well said.

Nintendo needs exclusive 3rd party support.

current sales from batman, ac3, ME trilogy are once again
proving that people want those games on Xbox live.

bioshock infinite will not sell well on wiiU and it will
only make developers never want to make games for wiiU
every again.
wait, this as already happend.

I don't know what you're trying to say, but it constantly comes off as negative and intentionally egotistical. Batman, AC3 had been around for months prior to Wii U's release and you're sitting here telling me these should have done well enough, but never will cause it's not exclusive? You claim it's not your "first rodeo" when it comes to gaming, but remember it's not Nintendo's either. You're acting like this news is new and has now forever doomed Nintendo unless it comes up with something you genuinely believe is true, and apparently quickly. This has been a trend with Nintendo and third parties for ages now. Long from the N64 era, at that. If it's not hard to develop for, it's the install base. If it's not the install base, it's the power. If it's not the power, it's the poor unadvertised sales. if it's not poor sales, it's a convoluted version of what third parties perceive as power. If it's not that, the main director stubbed his toe. This list can go on.

The other issue is many major companies are going into an anti-risk mode with the extensive resources needed to make games, let alone make ones that may not bring in the same revenue. Why do you think EA has bets on the "stronger" future consoles? It potentially has the power to shut/slow down mid-to-minor developers, making more money potentially theirs. Cause of this they feel unless they are guaranteed full return on their investment, it's not worth a -NEW- risk. Nintendo happens to be in that league all the time. Sure they can throw money at some to get the game on their system, but then require more to get it exclusive, then require more to ensure the company won't bail out of the deal and make it on the other two as well. Essentially, unless Nintendo can 100% guarantee sales to equal the sum of the other two sales combined, or at least back up the company with the potential revenue of ideal sales equal to the other two consoles, the companies will go multi-plat.

That's a lot of dough to throw around for even a small handful of exclusives of well-known multi-plat titles. The better route for them is to get unique collaborations between several major companies, or try and get a bonus enticement of their multi-plat, like Link was in Soul Caliber 2. This is less stress on resources, which is better spent on -MAKING- games instead of trying to desperately acquire one that's no guarantee. Not to mention gets more interesting ideas out there utilizing the mechanics of the system instead of tacking on some style of gimmick used in the second screen solely to make a game "fit" the Wii U criteria.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby bfx9 » 04 Feb 2013 03:30

I don't mean to come off negative.
there are many fools on this site who I consider Nintendo apologists.
the reasons you mentioned (install base, power, lack of advertising)
are ALL the reasons why Nintendo is not Sony or Microsoft, nor
catering to develop or create an environment for gamers type games.
Nintendo once did this. they had a library of hundreds
of games for EVERYONE on nes and snes.
this is the nintendo to relate to, from 84' to 99'.
Nintendo is defined by this era, at least to me, the intelligent consumer.
I see many mistakes trying to play catch up and disguising
this failed attempt at trying to be different for the sake of preserving
video game hardware boxes, when their success is their intellectual property.
their stance on cloud gaming is as silly as their stance
on hd tv's with wii.
They make these proclamations which are myopic and
I don't believe that can hit the lottery again like with wii.

MS and Sony are interested in selling media consumption
via digital distribution and they are ahead of Nintendo.
The games are just a means to an end. One of any options
to increase entertainment consumption.

I buy Nintendo for its IP. I'm tired of people wanting
Nintendo to be an Xbox or PS3. at the same time, Nintendo is sitting
on franchises they improperly market, modernized, westernize
and subsidize. Reggie belongs with coca cola and not Nintendo.

if you want bioshock, left for dead or half life , wiiU is not your system.
you have no excuses for not picking up an Xbox360 if you
are a so called hardcore gamer. what idiot calls himself a Nintendo fan but wants
non-traditional Nintendo type games to appear on his wiiU? I don't buy it.
if you can't afford the game hobby which involves owning multiple systems then you should just STFU anyway
and get a job instead if being a keyboard warrior on a website like this with pictures of cartoony mushrooms.
fan boys are the worst and are completely biased.
good software is independent of the name on the plastic box.
with Nintendo it all about first party.
I don't want Nintendo to be first in sales. I want Nintendo
to be the best nintendo it can be.
and it's not.
;)
bfx9
Flicky
Flicky

Postby bfx9 » 04 Feb 2013 03:58

lets look at the wii.
there maybe 20 really quality game titles. maybe less.
and there is hardly anything on wiiU
and the future is unknown. NSMBU was a wii game
basically. zombie U was a disappointment. Nintendo land was brilliant.
on the Xbox 360/PS3, there are hundreds of games rated 8-10 on metacritic
and game rankings. there is a much huger catalog
of quality games. all of the largest, most successful, talented and
famous studios are all developing for everything but Nintendo.
they are making so much money. the critic reviews, sales, popularity
and longevity speaks for itself.
not everybody is losing money like Nintendo. video games are making billions despite some middle class studios disbanding.
ubisoft, activision, valve, rock star, naughty dog, square, capcom, ea etc. among many others
have full support pledged but not to Nintendo.

these genres nintendo trails WAY behind in:

third person shooter
JRPGs
WRPGs
FPS's
strategy
platformer- Nintendo possibly wins!
sports games
racing games
action
fighting.

these genres mean everything to any gamer worth his grain
of salt.

these are the most popular genres and they have defined
video games since the arcade days.
is Nintendo gonna have the best platform and party game
honors once again?
how about pet simulation?
what genres are left?
nothing worth mentioning.
Nintendo once was the leader in RPGs, fighting games, actio games
and strategy games etc.

are we ok with this?
not me.
bfx9
Flicky
Flicky

Postby FadedAreWii » 04 Feb 2013 18:35

bfx9 wrote:lets look at the wii.
there maybe 20 really quality game titles. maybe less.

Saying stupid crap like that is why no one around here is going to take anything you have to say seriously.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: WiiareFaded

Postby bfx9 » 04 Feb 2013 21:11

ok maybe 50-60.
I was talking about games rated 9-10 by
consensus and not multiolatform games like guitar hero.
bfx9
Flicky
Flicky

Next

Return to WiiU / Wii