What do you want out of Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Re: What do you want out of Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 30 Mar 2013 13:24

Yeah Xenoblade is not a game you grind in. Just use the arts in normal battles instead of going out of your way to grind so you can sit there for normal battles. If you're too low a level then do sidequests for XP.
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: TriforceoftheGod
3DS: 2921-9263-7348
Steam ID: TriforceoftheGods
PSN: TriforceoftheGod

Postby TheDreamingHawk » 30 Mar 2013 19:31

TBH the most fun I had with xenoblade was collecting tons of things to fill out that collection book... If they have a lot more of those in X I may get it

Proud Nintendo fan since N64, proud RPG fan since Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
TheDreamingHawk
Boo
Boo

NN ID: TheDreaminHawk

Postby element187 » 01 Apr 2013 20:04

I hope they turn it into a multiplayergame... even better if they go the MMO route. I would be in gaming heaven.... but Monster Huter 3U is tickling that itch currently
element187
Boo
Boo

Postby FadedAreWii » 23 Apr 2013 22:11

Started back up and just went through the Nopon(lol I said Nippon) Village(Might not be too far in, but my side-quest list is pretty massive and practically complete, I'm at about 50hours).

Anyways, what I came in here to say is that this is going to be an absolutely amazing Wii U game. Xenoblade sequel with Wii U power? That's all I want from it. Meh for online, but I wouldn't mind if they did something. I just want the feel of such an old-school RPG done right for modern times again. This is what Final Fantasy should have been. I don't want too many changes to the formula just yet, just build on what was there with more horsepower.
Last edited by FadedAreWii on 24 Apr 2013 11:59, edited 1 time in total.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: WiiareFaded

Postby DigitalAtlas » 24 Apr 2013 03:56

Well, let's see.... I dug the affinity system, the combat, the large environments, and all the characters...

So I want those elements to appear just as strongly, but I'd like them to never even think of multiplayer, add a hard mode so I don't get over-leveled again, and balance the game out so level isn't all that matters.

I trust Monolith will do the right thing.
"It's great for games to be taken as a serious medium. But taking things seriously means giving them serious criticism, not unfaltering praise." - ActionPts on Bioshock Infinite

DigitalAtlas
Flicky
Flicky

XBL: shadowjak88

Postby FadedAreWii » 24 Apr 2013 12:05

Multiplayer would have to be limited to where a single player controls the characters except for in battle and I don't know if that's actually doable. I mean, it is, but who wants to just sit there through half the game? They'd have to give the people not controlling the lead something to do like gem crafting or something. Doesn't Dragon Quest have something where you can all do separate things, but when it's time for battle you can call everyone together? Not sure how story elements work, but those could bring everyone together as well. Something like that might work, but not if it will take away focus on delivering another amazing single-player RPG experience.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby MoldyClay » 25 Apr 2013 05:19

I just want the game to be everything Xenoblade Chronicles was, but better. I can't think of anything I'd add other than less redundant sidequests. I *love* the sidequests, but I want them to be less "grind this enemy for this item 10 times". Or searching for items that only appear during a thunderstorm in a specific spot, 9% of the time.

Otherwise, I'll be happy with anything.

I don't really want multiplayer in it. Wouldn't be mad, but don't really need/want it.

FadedAreWii wrote:Multiplayer would have to be limited to where a single player controls the characters except for in battle and I don't know if that's actually doable. I mean, it is, but who wants to just sit there through half the game? They'd have to give the people not controlling the lead something to do like gem crafting or something. Doesn't Dragon Quest have something where you can all do separate things, but when it's time for battle you can call everyone together? Not sure how story elements work, but those could bring everyone together as well. Something like that might work, but not if it will take away focus on delivering another amazing single-player RPG experience.

I actually had this discussion with my girlfriend not long ago when I was playing Eternal Sonata.

I don't understand the concept of "multiplayer RPGs" where you have players watching you run around in towns while you wait for battles.

She said it'd be fine because she likes watching me play games. And actually, she would probably be all over playing Xenoblade with me if it were possible (she actually suggested, and was completely serious, us playing with one of us using the Nunchuk and the other using the Wii Remote and trying to play the game by coordinating like that).

I think that kind of multiplayer only works if you have a relationship like that. A girlfriend (or boyfriend) who is content watching you play and would like to join in. This could also work with younger siblings or children.
MoldyClay
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Postby FadedAreWii » 25 Apr 2013 11:02

I think the solution to that is how I mentioned that there could be a call option or during story elements you are forced together so you could be in a town all doing separate things, or similar, but are forced together when necessary. I agree, I'd rather they not bother for this game for sure, but I could see it working if it was done right, but every game doesn't have to be online these days.

Something I realized I'd like when I was playing last night is that I'd like for the blue lights to not be blue lights. For bugs, actually have bugs that you have to catch with a net. Basically, all the items you get through blue lights should actually be those things in the game world. Catch animals, pick up junk laying around, whatever, not just blue light for everything. I think that could add a bit of variety into the side-quests as well.

Edit: Wow @ the battle comments in here. Last Story is a hack-and-slash Gears of War compared to Xenoblade's extremely deep, strategic, and customizable battle mechanics. You only use the auto-hits to charge up your meters, and if you grinded up to over-power yourself and just let the A.I. characters do it for you, that's no fault of the game for giving you the option to play like that. Some of the complaints in here seriously border on the bizarre.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby LSF22 » 28 Apr 2013 19:08

I want more armor and weapon variety. I didn't make it far into the game, but i was already getting bored of the weapons and armors. I like loot games and Xenoblade appears to be one, but it needs way more variety with how things look. Maybe more horsepower will help that.

I was fine with everything else as far as gameplay and graphics go. Some better menu management and information would be nice.
LSF22
Boo
Boo

NN ID: LionsFan
XBL: xxLSF22xx

Postby ZSaberLink » 01 May 2013 21:14

Clearly the graphics of the character models will be much better (as was shown in the trailer). Graphically the trailer already looks great. Now when it comes to other changes, I want a more action oriented battle system. While the game was entertaining, I typically found that I'd use my artes fairly quickly and then just be waiting and waiting until one of them would charge up. The fact is for most characters there aren't many battle strategies. Even allowing you to press a button to attack things, and perhaps have strong/normal attacks would give you something to do in the downtime.

The quests need to be meaningful. There were way too many fetch quests. Building up Colony 6 was nice, but all you did was beat this or catch that. I'd also really like if you could run or something. I feel like the characters move too slowly. Even running like with Skyward Sword (aka having a stamina meter), would be nice. It could play into combat. I also wanted to be able to control the other party members if possible. Also, hopefully the mech battles are fun, although they look cool so far.

Also I think the game got pretty slow around the Colony 6/Makna Forest part. Hopefully avoid that.
My Video Games Blog: http://zsaberlink.wordpress.com
ZSaberLink
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby wiiarebrothers » 02 May 2013 06:50

Be as great as Xenoblade first :) Yesterday, I jumped off the first bridge in Makna forest, I found tons of stuff. The game really let you explore and that's great.

What can it had to improve Xenoblade ? Maybe more indoor scene, more dynamic cities. Colony 9 and Alcamoth were both great, but they could have made different shops, inns, bars, etc...

Oh, also hud and combat commands should be displayed on the gamepad. The hud in Xenoblade is busy, and sometimes it gets too much in front of the beautiful scenery.
wiiarebrothers
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: wiiarebrothers
3DS: 3866-7995-7423
Wii: 2865-2186-3272-4357

Postby TooManyToasters » 02 May 2013 14:31

Depends on whether it will be called XBC2. I think the "Xeno" prefix will stay, but with all those monsters straight out of Monster Hunter 3, it may as well be called "Xenohunter", right? :lol:

Mostly I just want this to remain as fun and lengthy as XBC1, only in HD and with a smoother framerate.
I'm flying!! WHEEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TooManyToasters
Flicky
Flicky

3DS: 4339-2483-9765
XBL: doodies315

Postby Zachalmighty » 18 May 2013 20:03

More giant robots ala Xenosaga!!! I was disappointed with the combat system too. Positioning is a lame concept when combat is "on rails"....I haven't beaten it yet but the story is so far lacking. (I'm only up to the second settlement)
Zachalmighty
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Previous

Return to WiiU / Wii