Wii U Price Drop

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Price Drop?

Huge price drop soon
12%
Small official price drop soon
21%
No price drop soon
55%
New Wii U model instead of a price drop
10%
Price increasing!
2%

Total votes : 42

Re: Wii U Price Drop

Postby ScreamoPichu » 29 Mar 2013 22:17

I'll wait until after ALL the big games are released to expect a price cut, if any. Monster Hunter has already proven that all Wii U needs is games to sell. (With the 125% increase in Europe) Once Pikmin 3, Super Mario U, Mario Kart U, X, Wind Waker HD, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Super Smash Bros U, tons of indies, etc. all hit and they don't raise Wii U sales, then we NEED a price cut. (But what are the chances of none of those games raising sales?)
ScreamoPichu
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: ScreamoPichu
3DS: 3695-0025-6788
PSN: ScreamoPichu
XBL: ScreamoPichu

Postby Autosaver » 30 Mar 2013 01:30

I wonder how the Wii U would play out if it launched at $399? Packing a 'Direct X 11" level card and 4GB RAM along with the Gamepad. This would allow support for Unreal Engine 4 and have some leeway to push more nextgen PS4 quality games to it.

Dreams.
Autosaver
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Autosaver

Postby FadedAreWii » 31 Mar 2013 17:13

I don't think they need both. Pikmin 3 soon and Mario Kart for the holiday. Mario Kart will likely push serious numbers on its own, especially through the holiday. Bare minimum for big releases, with 101, Wind Waker, and other smaller games in-between. I still think Mario will make it, and for some reason I have this feeling Smash Bros. is a lot further along than everyone thinks. Probably not this year, but I think it's coming sooner than everyone thinks.

I think it would be really smart to get the Mario Kart and Smash Bros. fanbase to the Wii U before releasing a 3D Mario, because the core tend to like 3D Mario, it doesn't have the mass appeal of the 2-D games.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: WiiareFaded

Postby thresholdXCI » 31 Mar 2013 17:39

FadedAreWii wrote:I think it would be really smart to get the Mario Kart and Smash Bros. fanbase to the Wii U before releasing a 3D Mario, because the core tend to like 3D Mario, it doesn't have the mass appeal of the 2-D games.

I think it's more a case of just getting them all out there, regardless of what order. NSMB U is one of the few mass-market games they have out so far, and on its own it isn't going to be enough to justify many Wii U purchases. As long as Nintendo get a Mario Kart, Smash and a 3D Mario game out within the next 24 months I think the Wii U will be okay without having to have too much of a price drop.

Autosaver wrote:I wonder how the Wii U would play out if it launched at $399? Packing a 'Direct X 11" level card and 4GB RAM along with the Gamepad. This would allow support for Unreal Engine 4 and have some leeway to push more nextgen PS4 quality games to it.

I've heard that porting UE4 games onto UE3 is much easier than it was last gen to down-port UE3 games to UE2. So who knows, maybe Wii U won't fair as badly in getting ports as prior generations. Maybe.
thresholdXCI
Site Mod
Site Mod

Wii: 4073 2409 9869 0324
PSN: jw_XCI

Postby element187 » 01 Apr 2013 20:01

a price drop is wishful thinking. We won't see one until late this year... i can see the price drop if Sony sells the ps4 for 450$ or less.. but most likely ps4 will be 500$
element187
Toad
Toad

Previous

Return to WiiU / Wii