What's wrong with miiverse?

Everything about the Wii and its games...

What's wrong with miiverse?

Postby TheDreamingHawk » 22 Jun 2013 20:14

I mean, left and right, I see posts like "MINECRAFT WII U" or "Put ______ on VC" or whining over the VC game of the week... And of course comments like the metroid crawl ones. Why is this happening more on miiverse and what do you guys think on it?

For me, I think they are pretty annoying and drive me up the wall, especially the "buy rare" comments. Besides banjo kazooie rare never really made a gigantic impact on their own.

Proud Nintendo fan since N64, proud RPG fan since Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
TheDreamingHawk
Toad
Toad

NN ID: TheDreaminHawk

Re: What's wrong with miiverse?

Postby Jerome » 22 Jun 2013 20:48

Seems pretty simple. Nintendo is known for doing things their own way and not listening to outside input very much, and Miiverse users seem to be thinking their posts on a Nintendo-run board are more likely to be listened to and maybe acted on. Also, the fact that the system isn't getting many games would also encourage more requests for them.
Jerome
Octorok
Octorok

Postby ddddd » 22 Jun 2013 21:11

Making a social network, based around games, and with such limited character count, can lead to these results.

Ive seen people complaining about Nintendo making a bad Call of Duty port, or that Ninty didn't release DLC for a third party game, or that to solve region locking issues one should move to a different country, and of course, Yeah begging...

Is not like the average miiverse post has much better content though, unless we look at doodles.
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby OmnipotentSwine » 23 Jun 2013 00:36

Jerome wrote:Seems pretty simple. Nintendo is known for doing things their own way and not listening to outside input very much, and Miiverse users seem to be thinking their posts on a Nintendo-run board are more likely to be listened to and maybe acted on. Also, the fact that the system isn't getting many games would also encourage more requests for them.

Well, to be fair, if it weren't for Miiverse we might not be getting EarthBound on VC so that belief does hold a bit of validity.
OmnipotentSwine
Boo
Boo

NN ID: OmnipotentSwine
Steam ID: wfsw32 (Not display name)

Postby Vookatos » 23 Jun 2013 04:55

Well, big gaming sites are always filled with comments like "I want That Game! Make it!!", so of course you'll see them on Nintendo's social network. But even though that's not surprising for me, it is really annoying. Some time ago Mega Man community (European at least, not sure if they're different) was filled with nothing but Mega Man X requests and Smash Bros. discussions. I really want them to include some sort of new rule to prevent that, but I doubt this will happen.
Vookatos
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: Vookatos
3DS: 2750-1267-5047
PSN: Vookatos

Postby ddddd » 23 Jun 2013 09:40

OmnipotentSwine wrote:
Jerome wrote:Seems pretty simple. Nintendo is known for doing things their own way and not listening to outside input very much, and Miiverse users seem to be thinking their posts on a Nintendo-run board are more likely to be listened to and maybe acted on. Also, the fact that the system isn't getting many games would also encourage more requests for them.

Well, to be fair, if it weren't for Miiverse we might not be getting EarthBound on VC so that belief does hold a bit of validity.

And they modified the Euro versions of VC games so they animate like the US ones because people complained. And then theres the whole Rayman Legends protest in the UPlay comunity (so many posts were made that it made it appear in the plaza for the first time).
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby KingBroly » 23 Jun 2013 09:54

Miiverse is basically Nintendo's new NSider forums.
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby TheDreamingHawk » 23 Jun 2013 12:31

ddddd wrote:Making a social network, based around games, and with such limited character count, can lead to these results.

Ive seen people complaining about Nintendo making a bad Call of Duty port, or that Ninty didn't release DLC for a third party game, or that to solve region locking issues one should move to a different country, and of course, Yeah begging...

Is not like the average miiverse post has much better content though, unless we look at doodles.

And I agree, said complaints are dumb and drive me nuts. Most people seem to not realize Nintendo has no control over third parties. I can't count how many times I've seen my posts on those user's posts turn to "DELETED BY ORIGINAL POSTER" Just because they can't hear the truth.

Proud Nintendo fan since N64, proud RPG fan since Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
TheDreamingHawk
Toad
Toad

Postby MoldyClay » 23 Jun 2013 12:48

OmnipotentSwine wrote:Well, to be fair, if it weren't for Miiverse we might not be getting EarthBound on VC so that belief does hold a bit of validity.

That's not actually true. Or at least, we don't know that to be true.

Thing is, people were flailing about not having EarthBound on Virtual Console outside of Japan, but JAPAN didn't even have MOTHER 2 on Virtual Console until this year either. It's not on Wii VC.

So how could Nintendo have been holding it back from NA or PAL territories when Japan didn't even have it?

The fact it wasn't announced yet for western VC at the same time doesn't really mean anything, considering Animal Crossing was also neglected for a while as well, to the point where people HONESTLY thought it was canceled outside of Japan. That right there should show you how insane people are if something isn't announced immediately.

It seems to me that we were going to get it all along, but not until Japan got it, and Japan didn't get it until the time was right (the "Mother Revival" thing). The only reason they mentioned Miiverse was to use it as a segue that obviously they saw how much we wanted it and they were happy to announce it was finally coming so we could stop bothering them. But I don't think they outright said anything about that being why. Just that they saw our enthusiasm.

Maybe it did play a small part, but people seem to conveniently forget it wasn't out in Japan either until just recently, so Nintendo was never holding it back from *us* aside from not releasing the GBA port/remake with MOTHER 1. They were holding it back from EVERYONE.
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu

NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Postby Magolor » 23 Jun 2013 12:52

To be honest this was expected.

Most people seem to be unable to post properly on the internet, so asking them to post on Miiverse was inevitably going to go down the toilet hole at some point. Also the fact that Miiverse is the closest to Nintendo you can get inevitably you are going to get "Plz do dis Nitedo!!1!1!" posts all the damn time. As for blaming Nintendo for things beyond their control? Well, that's just lack of research on their part.
Magolor
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: MagolorTheGreat
Steam ID: FlakkTheGreat

Postby TheDreamingHawk » 01 Jul 2013 08:59

Well now upon looking at the vegas stakes community (ESPECIALLY the European one), I may lose faith in the fanbase. Now they are acting like whining= getting games

TheDreamingHawk
Toad
Toad

Postby DKnight15 » 01 Jul 2013 09:52

What really gets me are the YEAH Hunters.....If you give me a Yeah, I'll give you 10 yeahs.....Someone is looking for attention......
www.U-Review.net

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss
“Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are.”
― Marianne Williamson
DKnight15
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: Dknight15
3DS: 4596-9467-5403

Postby TheDreamingHawk » 01 Jul 2013 10:03

DKnight15 wrote:What really gets me are the YEAH Hunters.....If you give me a Yeah, I'll give you 10 yeahs.....Someone is looking for attention......

What do yeahs do anyway?

TheDreamingHawk
Toad
Toad

Postby DKnight15 » 01 Jul 2013 10:28

@TheDreamingHawk

Last time I heard, posts with high yeah counts put you in line to show in WaraWara plaza. I could be wrong. Basically, nothing to get excited over or hunt for.
www.U-Review.net

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss
“Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are.”
― Marianne Williamson
DKnight15
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: Dknight15
3DS: 4596-9467-5403

Postby TheDreamingHawk » 01 Jul 2013 12:25

DKnight15 wrote:@TheDreamingHawk

Last time I heard, posts with high yeah counts put you in line to show in WaraWara plaza. I could be wrong. Basically, nothing to get excited over or hunt for.

Well then why would there be any desire to have a "GIVE ME YEAHS" Post on the main warawara plasa?

I also have to express frustration with the users who whine and complain excessively, and when you tell them your honest opinion, they say something like "I CAN SAY WHATEVER I WANT WHEN I WANT TO GET WHATEVER I WANT". Nintendo needs to have a new TOS rule against VC whining.

TheDreamingHawk
Toad
Toad

Postby ddddd » 01 Jul 2013 15:11

TheDreamingHawk wrote:
DKnight15 wrote:What really gets me are the YEAH Hunters.....If you give me a Yeah, I'll give you 10 yeahs.....Someone is looking for attention......

What do yeahs do anyway?

They give you a micro satisfaction, and people can get addicted to that.
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby TheDreamingHawk » 01 Jul 2013 16:42

ddddd wrote:
TheDreamingHawk wrote:

What do yeahs do anyway?

They give you a micro satisfaction, and people can get addicted to that.

I also see the infamous "FIRST!" comments from time to time... And when I tell them why did they feel the need to post... "DELETED BY ORIGINAL POSTER". Seriously, I hate the fact that users can delete other people's posts on their own.

TheDreamingHawk
Toad
Toad

Postby Elfteiroh » 02 Jul 2013 07:09

Have you looked at comments on posts on the Facebook page? They looks a lot similar. These posts are just done by non-gamer and "the average kid"... and sadly, non-gamers are uninformed, and "the average kid" is quite dumb.
I love Shy Guys... If only I could stay one...
[ ƒranz (note the weird "ƒ", the seal of TRUTH) on the 3DS FriendList!]
Elfteiroh
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Elfteiroh
3DS: 4425-1469-3163
Steam ID: Elfteiroh
PSN: Elfteiroh

Postby TheDreamingHawk » 03 Jul 2013 20:29

Elfteiroh wrote:Have you looked at comments on posts on the Facebook page? They looks a lot similar. These posts are just done by non-gamer and "the average kid"... and sadly, non-gamers are uninformed, and "the average kid" is quite dumb.

But miiverse is nowhere near as bad... (Thank god) It's just filled with whining now that it's driving me nuts.

TheDreamingHawk
Toad
Toad

Postby anthony64641 » 05 Aug 2013 01:42

Lately and lately ive been seeing less of this on miiverse :D
anthony64641
Fairy
Fairy

Return to WiiU / Wii