Super Smash Bros. U - The Long Wait Thread

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Long Wait Thread

Postby MasterofMonster » 07 Jun 2013 09:42

Swedish_Otaku wrote:Oh ok. Then never mind. XD

There's a lot on my wish list. But one that comes to mind now is that I want you to be able to put any song on any stage. It really is the next step in terms of the music features.

You could do that in Brawl, though. ^^
MasterofMonster
Pikachu
Pikachu

Postby CrispyGoomba » 07 Jun 2013 11:41

MasterofMonster wrote:You could do that in Brawl, though. ^^

Nope, you can't. You can put any song on custom stages, sure, but not the regular stages.
CrispyGoomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: CrispyGoomba
3DS: 0688-5315-1722
Wii: 1198-2138-8210-1532
XBL: CrispyGoomba

Postby MasterofMonster » 07 Jun 2013 12:30

CrispyGoomba wrote:
MasterofMonster wrote:You could do that in Brawl, though. ^^

Nope, you can't. You can put any song on custom stages, sure, but not the regular stages.

Well, I was half right, you can choose the music for each normal stage, but only with songs from that game universe.
MasterofMonster
Pikachu
Pikachu

Postby Berrix » 07 Jun 2013 14:57

Well I for one feel uneasy with SSB4 announcement coming from the direct this Tuesday.

Probably cause of what the internet will do in retalliation if certain things go unmentioned or announced. Either way it's ugly to imagine.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Postby Swedish_Otaku » 07 Jun 2013 21:55

Yeah. Smash fans are some of the most harsh fans ever. At least in terms of how picky and unsatisfied we can be. But I~ don't demand much. All I want is refine and add to the rooster (Mewtwo HAS to be in it...), give costumes every possible characters, better online, and be as good as Brawl. That's all I'm asking for.
Swedish_Otaku
Metool
Metool

NN ID: Swedish_otaku

Postby HammerGalladeBro » 08 Jun 2013 13:52

After watching a little bit of how Yugi fights in Jump Super/Ultimate Stars, I wonder if Sakurai could consider the idea of making the actual Pokémon Trainer playable, throwing punches and kicks and summon its Pokémon for Special Attacks, Smashes and Final Smash, either that or make Satoru playable, he's one of the main characters in Kousoku Card Battle: Card Hero, it could also give Card Hero some recognition that could eventually lead to the series localization (similar to Fire Emblem). Yeah, I know it won't happen, though, I just want that series localized.
HammerGalladeBro
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: AHammerGalladeB
Steam ID: HammerGalladeBro
Wii: 2969 2823 0139 0622

Postby led-naruto » 08 Jun 2013 17:04

I wonder if the world will implode because of all the high expectations everyone has.
Mirror and Soul
led-naruto
Toad
Toad

Postby Fatmanonice » 08 Jun 2013 18:08

led-naruto wrote:I wonder if the world will implode because of all the high expectations everyone has.

If the world survived Twilight Princess, Other M, and Brawl, it can survive this.
Fatmanonice
Octorok
Octorok

Postby HammerGalladeBro » 08 Jun 2013 18:17

led-naruto wrote:I wonder if the world will implode because of all the high expectations everyone has.

I think it will and somehow manage to survive.
Only thing I'd like to see from the trailer is an intro similar to the reveal trailer of Brawl, the characters evolving from their Melee designs to their Brawl designs. This time going from Brawl to SSBU, and then after some time, (devolving) from SSBU to SSB3DS.
HammerGalladeBro
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby CM30 » 08 Jun 2013 18:49

HammerGalladeBro wrote:

I think it will and somehow manage to survive.
Only thing I'd like to see from the trailer is an intro similar to the reveal trailer of Brawl, the characters evolving from their Melee designs to their Brawl designs. This time going from Brawl to SSBU, and then after some time, (devolving) from SSBU to SSB3DS.

I'm pretty much expecting the character evolution intro thing as a given this time around. After all, Nintendo has to show off their new HD graphics.

As for what'll happen afterwards... well, I suspect Super Smash Bros [title] will suddenly become the most searched term on the internet for about a week or so. And Nintendo forums will have non stop discussion about it until the game comes out...
Nintendo 3DS Community, a Nintendo 3DS forum

Die hard Mario fan, writer for various Nintendo sites and person whose probably played the most Wario Land 4.
CM30
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

3DS: 4983-5165-4189

Postby Swedish_Otaku » 09 Jun 2013 10:55

What if... they wont show the Wii U game... just the 3DS game? o_o It's still Smash but... I think most people wanna see the Wii U game first. I'll obviously buy both games just cause I worship the series.

I feel that so much could go wrong but there isn't much improvements that I demand. X3
Swedish_Otaku
Metool
Metool

Postby MasterofMonster » 09 Jun 2013 14:07

Swedish_Otaku wrote:What if... they wont show the Wii U game... just the 3DS game? o_o It's still Smash but... I think most people wanna see the Wii U game first. I'll obviously buy both games just cause I worship the series.

I feel that so much could go wrong but there isn't much improvements that I demand. X3

I'm actually expecting the whole Reveal Trailer to only show the Wii-U version. Not sure why. For biggest impact, I guess. ^^

I'm the most excited for the Wii-U version, but I do hope the two games have some big differances, like, characters~
MasterofMonster
Pikachu
Pikachu

Postby Devil_Rising » 09 Jun 2013 14:39

Well they have said multiple times that this hour long Direct video is going to be Wii U focused. So that wouldn't surprise me at all. I will say though, I still think they should've just made a Wii U version of the game....making two seems like a bit of a waste, and stretching resources.
Also featured at: http://thepunkeffect.com
Follow along on Twitter: @RetroRevelation
And Tumblr: retrorevelations.tumblr.com
Devil_Rising
F-Zero Racer
F-Zero Racer

NN ID: Godzilla1981
PSN: AwesomeFukenGuy

Postby J0RdAnN » 09 Jun 2013 14:39

I think we'll see both versions but the WiiU will have the limelight. If they where smart they'd just trickle information about SSB4 at the end of each direct.
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby CM30 » 09 Jun 2013 17:23

Didn't I hear a while back that there was going to be both a 3DS and Wii U presentation in Nintendo Direct form? So perhaps one version of Smash Bros will be shown on Tuesday (the Wii U one), the other in a few days.
Nintendo 3DS Community, a Nintendo 3DS forum

Die hard Mario fan, writer for various Nintendo sites and person whose probably played the most Wario Land 4.
CM30
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

3DS: 4983-5165-4189

Postby Swedish_Otaku » 09 Jun 2013 18:32

Yeah, I'd prefer them to focus on only one game. But I know a lot of people would love a portable version. It's very interesting to see how different they are. But it is a bit of a waste. And will split the community further I think. It's a weird situation.
Swedish_Otaku
Metool
Metool

Postby Devil_Rising » 09 Jun 2013 18:35

Swedish_Otaku wrote:Yeah, I'd prefer them to focus on only one game. But I know a lot of people would love a portable version. It's very interesting to see how different they are. But it is a bit of a waste. And will split the community further I think. It's a weird situation.

The main thing I don't like is that allegedly each version will have exclusive content, possibly even characters. I don't want to feel like I need to buy the inferior 3DS version of the game, just because it has some characters who SHOULD be available in the Wii U version.
Devil_Rising
F-Zero Racer
F-Zero Racer

Postby led-naruto » 09 Jun 2013 18:44

No one has said anything about exclusive characters in each version.

The main difference about the Wii U and 3DS versions is that with the 3DS:
- Sakurai believes a portable system makes the game a more “individual” experience.

So stop weeping over "this character shouldn't be in the 3DS version, it sucks".
Mirror and Soul
led-naruto
Toad
Toad

Postby Swedish_Otaku » 09 Jun 2013 20:24

No, it most likely won't be any exclusive characters or items or stages. At least not characters. I really hope not. And not because I won't buy the 3DS verison. I'll get it no matter what, even if it's an exact copy of the Wii U game. But because I don't wanna pick what to play or have to switch cause I wanna do something that's not in the Wii U version. They should be the same game I think. But then you have the gamepad, so then what's the point? Only reason then is that u can take it outside the house. (or further away depending on your house) That and street pass. I guess they wanna add something more but I don't want that.
Swedish_Otaku
Metool
Metool

Postby led-naruto » 10 Jun 2013 01:15

If... I'm not mistaken, Sakurai is also going to E3: https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status ... 1152615425
Mirror and Soul
led-naruto
Toad
Toad

Postby Berrix » 10 Jun 2013 01:21

Devil_Rising wrote:Well they have said multiple times that this hour long Direct video is going to be Wii U focused. So that wouldn't surprise me at all. I will say though, I still think they should've just made a Wii U version of the game....making two seems like a bit of a waste, and stretching resources.

They're separated in terms of resources, though. If the 3DS version was canned, the team wouldn't be moved to the Wii U, they'd be olaced upon a different project all together using the similar resources. Given if there is a team left, as it's a mesh between Nintendo and Namco. Probably a different 3DS title all together. It is one of those, "Too many chefs for the pot," moments at that rate.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Postby HammerGalladeBro » 10 Jun 2013 01:30

led-naruto wrote:If... I'm not mistaken, Sakurai is also going to E3: https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status ... 1152615425

It seems like it. Sakurai revealing Smash Bros. 4 confirmed?
Random, useless Trivia: The Wii U GamePad fits in a big pocket, do I recommend you to do so? NO!
HammerGalladeBro
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby MasterofMonster » 10 Jun 2013 01:49

Ah, Sakurai revealing it will be even sweeter. ^^ Love it when that guy says 'Sumasu Brotzarsh'~

Also, poor Sakurai failing a little here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hayhkV1zGVA

Also (again), I will get the 3DS version and my brother will get the Wii-U version. Thus, we both have both. ^^
MasterofMonster
Pikachu
Pikachu

Postby Devil_Rising » 10 Jun 2013 01:51

led-naruto wrote:No one has said anything about exclusive characters in each version.

The main difference about the Wii U and 3DS versions is that with the 3DS:
- Sakurai believes a portable system makes the game a more “individual” experience.

So stop weeping over "this character shouldn't be in the 3DS version, it sucks".

Who said anything about "weeping"? I said there was zero point, regardless of what Sakurai claims (because Nintendo decided before they even had him make the game that it would be on both platforms), in having TWO versions of the game. It has always been a home consoles series. Why put it on 3DS now? If anything, considering the 3DS' already-much-higher install base, it might just cannibalize the Wii U versions' sales.

What I SAID, was that there should not be any such nonsense like the 3DS having characters/stages/etc. the Wii U version doesn't. I'm certainly not going to be buying both versions, and shouldn't have to. The Wii U version should be considered the "main version" of the game, and it should have all content within it, period. Like I said, the 3DS version just seems incredibly unnecessary. Who wants to play Smash Bros. on a tiny screen, with GC-era graphics?
Devil_Rising
F-Zero Racer
F-Zero Racer

Postby led-naruto » 10 Jun 2013 02:28

Devil_Rising wrote:Who said anything about "weeping"? I said there was zero point, regardless of what Sakurai claims (because Nintendo decided before they even had him make the game that it would be on both platforms), in having TWO versions of the game. It has always been a home consoles series. Why put it on 3DS now? If anything, considering the 3DS' already-much-higher install base, it might just cannibalize the Wii U versions' sales.

What I SAID, was that there should not be any such nonsense like the 3DS having characters/stages/etc. the Wii U version doesn't. I'm certainly not going to be buying both versions, and shouldn't have to. The Wii U version should be considered the "main version" of the game, and it should have all content within it, period. Like I said, the 3DS version just seems incredibly unnecessary. Who wants to play Smash Bros. on a tiny screen, with GC-era graphics?

Speak for yourself, dude. As I see it, the 3DS version won't be having exclusive characters or stages.

Yes, Nintendo decided to have versions for both platforms but Sakurai is the main director of both games, what he says is what is done. So in his little chat with Iwata he said the 3DS version would be better for a personal experience.

So chill out, you will still get the "full-experience" with the "main version", which is the Wii U version.

Then again, that's my opinion. I'm not bitter about having either or both versions, since I haven't even seen what they can do.
Mirror and Soul
led-naruto
Toad
Toad

PreviousNext

Return to WiiU / Wii