Wii U Pro Controller

Everything about the Wii and its games...

WiiU Pro Controller....

Postby LSF22 » 15 Oct 2012 17:02

I was curious if anyone has gotten their hands on this thing yet? I havent seen any impressions but i was wondering about the button layout and the right analog stick. im used to the 360 controller and wanted to know how it feels with the layout when compared to the 360 or ps3?
LSF22
Boo
Boo

NN ID: LionsFan
XBL: xxLSF22xx

Re: WiiU Pro Controller....

Postby KingBroly » 15 Oct 2012 17:13

It's pretty comfortable. The ZR/ZL triggers will feel weird, since they don't go as far as the 360's triggers. The directional pad is better than what the 360 and PS3 offer.
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby J0RdAnN » 15 Oct 2012 17:23

according to GameStop the thing has 80+ hours of battery life on a single charge. I'm pretty sure Nintendo will release rechargeable Wii Remote Plus controllers in the near future too.
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby Mako » 15 Oct 2012 17:46

I've heard very good things about it. Nintendo needed an update to the Wavebird controller and this is it. This will be perfect for Smash Bros and any other game where you need a traditional controller. Plus, it will work great for all of the classic virtual console games including GC ones. 80 hours on a single charge is perfect, even if it is a little bit less than what the Wavebird could do with a couple AA batteries (100 hours). On the plus side, it has rumble unlike Wavebird and is a bit smaller. I'be heard it is very comfortable to hold and shouldn't take to long to get used to. Although you will have to try it out yourself to know for sure, but I wouldn't worry too much.
Mako
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: Mako91
3DS: 4167-4543-6089
Wii: 0725-3780-1331-9030
PSN: yugoboy91

Postby Devil_Rising » 15 Oct 2012 18:11

I'm still just glad that, while cumbersome by comparison (via having to be plugged into a Wiimote), I'll still be able to use my classic controller pro. Why? Because it was the PERFECT shape and setup. And now they ruined it by making this Xbox controller. The CC Pro was the best controller Nintendo has designed since the SNES. Alas.......
Also featured at: http://thepunkeffect.com
Follow along on Twitter: @RetroRevelation
And Tumblr: retrorevelations.tumblr.com
Devil_Rising
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

NN ID: Godzilla1981
PSN: AwesomeFukenGuy

Postby gtt » 15 Oct 2012 19:57

Mako wrote:I've heard very good things about it. Nintendo needed an update to the Wavebird controller and this is it. This will be perfect for Smash Bros and any other game where you need a traditional controller. Plus, it will work great for all of the classic virtual console games including GC ones. 80 hours on a single charge is perfect, even if it is a little bit less than what the Wavebird could do with a couple AA batteries (100 hours). On the plus side, it has rumble unlike Wavebird and is a bit smaller. I'be heard it is very comfortable to hold and shouldn't take to long to get used to. Although you will have to try it out yourself to know for sure, but I wouldn't worry too much.

it does not have rumble.
gtt
Kwisatz Haderach

NN ID: supergtt
3DS: 3394-3550-1815

Postby KingBroly » 15 Oct 2012 20:15

gtt wrote:
Mako wrote:I've heard very good things about it. Nintendo needed an update to the Wavebird controller and this is it. This will be perfect for Smash Bros and any other game where you need a traditional controller. Plus, it will work great for all of the classic virtual console games including GC ones. 80 hours on a single charge is perfect, even if it is a little bit less than what the Wavebird could do with a couple AA batteries (100 hours). On the plus side, it has rumble unlike Wavebird and is a bit smaller. I'be heard it is very comfortable to hold and shouldn't take to long to get used to. Although you will have to try it out yourself to know for sure, but I wouldn't worry too much.

it does not have rumble.

Do I have to repeat myself? Of course I do.

I played with the Pro Controller. It rumbled.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby Autosaver » 15 Oct 2012 20:22

KingBroly wrote:Do I have to repeat myself? Of course I do.

That was my stomach.

Sorry! :lol:
Autosaver
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Autosaver

Postby gtt » 15 Oct 2012 20:29

KingBroly wrote:
gtt wrote:

it does not have rumble.

Do I have to repeat myself? Of course I do.

you are literally the only one I have seen say that. everyone else has come back saying "no, there is no rumble in the pro"

edit:I'm not saying you're not reporting accurately. I'm just wondering, are they showing off different builds of it?
gtt
Kwisatz Haderach

Re: Wii U Pro Controller

Postby Phantastic » 15 Oct 2012 20:48

The Pro controller that is being demoed has rumble. But terrible/almost non existent rumble. This doesn't mean it will make it to the final product. Nintendo has not announce that the pro controller has rumble so they can yank that feature anytime they want. I emailed Nintendo about the rumble in the Pro controller a month ago and they just said that it is not a confirmed feature.
Phantastic
Flicky
Flicky

Postby gtt » 15 Oct 2012 21:12

Phantastic wrote:The Pro controller that is being demoed has rumble. But terrible/almost non existent rumble. This doesn't mean it will make it to the final product. Nintendo has not announce that the pro controller has rumble so they can yank that feature anytime they want. I emailed Nintendo about the rumble in the Pro controller a month ago and they just said that it is not a confirmed feature.

oooh kay. I guess in the hustle and bustle of public events my peoples couldn't tell with the terribad rumble.

broly, I'm sorry I rustled your jimmies I guess.
gtt
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby Phantastic » 15 Oct 2012 21:25

gtt wrote:
Phantastic wrote:The Pro controller that is being demoed has rumble. But terrible/almost non existent rumble. This doesn't mean it will make it to the final product. Nintendo has not announce that the pro controller has rumble so they can yank that feature anytime they want. I emailed Nintendo about the rumble in the Pro controller a month ago and they just said that it is not a confirmed feature.

oooh kay. I guess in the hustle and bustle of public events my peoples couldn't tell with the terribad rumble.

I didn't try it out myself yet, but there are reports from journalists that there is rumble, and a terrible one at that. My guess is that they just threw in the same rumble used in the wii remote Why? This would save them some money and it would explain why it's so bad because the wii remote had the worse rumble ever---weak as heck! I'm really hoping the gamepad has good rumble, but i don't recall ever reading any impressions on its strength.
Phantastic
Flicky
Flicky

Postby Mako » 15 Oct 2012 23:12

gtt wrote:you are literally the only one I have seen say that. everyone else has come back saying "no, there is no rumble in the pro"

edit:I'm not saying you're not reporting accurately. I'm just wondering, are they showing off different builds of it?

http://wiiudaily.com/wii-u-pro-controller/

http://kotaku.com/5944586/i-hate-the-wi ... controller

Both sources say it has rumble. While people are reporting that it is pretty weak, we have to remember that Wii allowed you to adjust the "rumble level". I'm not saying we should assume the pro controller can do the same, but it would be pretty dumb for Nintendo do offer something like that on Wii and then take it away on Wii U.
Mako
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: Mako91
3DS: 4167-4543-6089
Wii: 0725-3780-1331-9030
PSN: yugoboy91

Postby KingBroly » 16 Oct 2012 00:07

gtt wrote:

You haven't rustled anything. I've told you this before, and it's been mentioned before. Yet you continue to ignore it.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby amo » 16 Oct 2012 01:09

This whole Rumble case reminds me of SONY when they said that the rumble was a last gen feature & wouldn't be included in the Sixaxis (actually they were sued).
Yet they released the DualShock3 which supports the rumble feature.
amo
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: I-AMO-I
3DS: 1676-3781-2612

Anyone wish the Pro Controller has motion built in?

Postby Phantastic » 03 Dec 2012 04:00

Anyone wish the Pro controller has gyro + accel. built in? I was thinking how someone games won't be supporting it since the pro lacks the motion feature. Mario doesn't support the pro controller and it makes sense since the pro controller doesn't have motion. The Pro controller is pretty pricey and I think it could have included motion controll as well to justify the price, expecially since a wii remote plus has everything and is only forty dollars. I bet sony and microsoft will all have gyro/accel. in their next controller and when that happens the pro controller will look more outdated. It just makes sense that every competitor will have it since all smartphones and tablets have it.

I think it's a missed opportunity. Of course the wiiu gamepad has everything, but some people prefer to play on a much smaller game controller.

Other than that, it would have been nice to also have a headphone jack built in, but that I can live without.
Phantastic
Flicky
Flicky

Re: Anyone wish the Pro Controller has motion built in?

Postby Poopaloop » 03 Dec 2012 04:12

There's no reason that the pro controller shouldn't be compatible with NSMBU though; you can play it on the gamepad without using any motion at all, using ZR instead of shaking the gamepad.

I think the pro controller is really for multiplayer for more hardcore experiences (where many 'core' gamers complained about 'waggle' last gen), which is probably why Nintendo didn't feel it was necessary. Still, the price is high enough that it really should be included, just in case. I'm not sure how they're justifying that price at this point, although I do hear the battery is pretty great, so maybe that's it.
A stupid drawing every day or your money back! Follow me on Twitter Facebook!
Poopaloop
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: RType88
3DS: 1118-0334-6460
PSN: rhughes88

Postby Phantastic » 03 Dec 2012 05:56

Poopaloop wrote:There's no reason that the pro controller shouldn't be compatible with NSMBU though; you can play it on the gamepad without using any motion at all, using ZR instead of shaking the gamepad.

I think the pro controller is really for multiplayer for more hardcore experiences (where many 'core' gamers complained about 'waggle' last gen), which is probably why Nintendo didn't feel it was necessary. Still, the price is high enough that it really should be included, just in case. I'm not sure how they're justifying that price at this point, although I do hear the battery is pretty great, so maybe that's it.

many people complained about waggle because back then the wiimote only had the accelerometer. The wii motion plus was rarely used and is way more accurate. I rather have motion in the controller than the rechargeable battery if it means no motion at all. I think it would make it easier for developers as well. I think if there is a multiplayer motion game, developers have to rely on the wii remote plus and the nunchuck setup, which lacks a second analog stick and buttons.
Phantastic
Flicky
Flicky

Postby Autosaver » 06 Dec 2012 00:20

The rumble in the Pro Controller doesn't work in some games - which is why some people are saying it doesn't have it.
Autosaver
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Autosaver

Postby KingBroly » 06 Dec 2012 01:04

Poopaloop wrote:There's no reason that the pro controller shouldn't be compatible with NSMBU though; you can play it on the gamepad without using any motion at all, using ZR instead of shaking the gamepad.

I agree. It's sorta baffling that you can't play with the Gamepad in multiplayer either. I hope they patch support in, because it's really janky like that.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod