ZombiU

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Re: ZombiU

Postby Asrialys » 28 Nov 2012 10:07

So, anything different happen on this particular day, since the dev team wanted players playing the game today?

Triforce of the Gods wrote:So I think I may have encountered a game ending bug.

Spoiler:
I just got the medicine in the nursery, but died before I could unbar the door at the top of the stairs. Next survivor, I couldn't open that door from the other side because it is still locked, but the door at the bottom of the stairs after I drop down won't prompt me to open it. Does anyone know a way around this, or do I have to start over?

Maybe bug Ubisoft or whoever about it and hope it gets patched? There have been reports of several bugs like this with no indication that they may be fixed.
Asrialys
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: Asrialys

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 28 Nov 2012 10:54

Meh, I already started over and passed that point. But for the future, I guess it would be nice.
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: TriforceoftheGod
3DS: 2921-9263-7348
Steam ID: TriforceoftheGods
PSN: TriforceoftheGod

Postby ddddd » 01 Dec 2012 10:51

So, may I ask, what was the big twist? I watched a walkthrought till the ending and the post credits escape and didnt noticed anything "twisty" about it, I didnt understand the ending either so I guess I missed it?
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby Eternal Rain » 16 Dec 2012 13:25

Just got the game yesterday, and I'm really liking it so far (currently at Buckingham Palace). Now this is a nice return to survival horror. :)
Eternal Rain
Toad
Toad

Postby coffeewithchess » 01 Jan 2013 02:58

Has anybody here finished the game on Survival Mode? I thoroughly enjoyed the single-player campaign, and have attempted Survival Mode I think three times now, and failed miserably all three times. My neighbor is borrowing it right now, and I'm going to attempt Survival Mode again in the future when I get it back, but I think my next goal is to finish the campaign again with fewer than 10 survivors used...

Also, did anybody get this for Christmas, or has anybody been on the fence about it with any questions?
http://www.coffeewithgames.com/
Drinking coffee, playing games...
coffeewithchess
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Coffees
Wii: 6546-4207-4091-0847
PSN: Hoj_Latte

Postby CrispyGoomba » 01 Jan 2013 05:39

Got ZombiU for Christmas. Still haven't beat the campaign yet, but I know I'm a little over halfway done. I'm on my 4th survivor, only because I was in a sewer and my back was against the wall and then here comes a zombie with a gas tank on its back...Yeah. Got up to like 7k points with him. Haven't touched Survival Mode though.

I really want them to make a sequel to this game so they can fix all of the problems it currently has. And I have to say, is it just me or are the maps confusing as hell?
CrispyGoomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: CrispyGoomba
3DS: 0688-5315-1722
Wii: 1198-2138-8210-1532
XBL: CrispyGoomba

Postby coffeewithchess » 01 Jan 2013 13:03

CrispyGoomba wrote:I really want them to make a sequel to this game so they can fix all of the problems it currently has. And I have to say, is it just me or are the maps confusing as hell?

I do hope the game gets patched to fix things some have encountered, but I never did...such as the "game breaking" glitches.

As for the maps, I think once you know an area, and/or can find the boxes to scan and update the pad, they're pretty easy to follow. I will say that I played 20+ hours on my first time, and started a new file shortly after and discovered an "alternate" path of sorts that I didn't even notice the first time in an area. It wasn't a big alternate path, but it did allow an alternate route of sorts to a door which I thought was cool.
coffeewithchess
Boo
Boo

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 01 Jan 2013 14:38

I went to replay it in normal mode to get the rest of the Uplay achievements before I attempt Survival Mode. I need the survivor score of 2000 and to hack all the junction boxes. I got more games for Christmas, though (had ZombiU since launch), so I've been preoccupied with those.
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: TriforceoftheGod
3DS: 2921-9263-7348
Steam ID: TriforceoftheGods
PSN: TriforceoftheGod

Postby coffeewithchess » 01 Jan 2013 16:15

Triforce of the Gods wrote:I went to replay it in normal mode to get the rest of the Uplay achievements before I attempt Survival Mode. I need the survivor score of 2000 and to hack all the junction boxes. I got more games for Christmas, though (had ZombiU since launch), so I've been preoccupied with those.

Yeah, I missed the junction boxes in a few spots...think I had the score though on my first attempt with my last survivor. Was paranoid like crazy running around the last few hours...
coffeewithchess
Boo
Boo

Postby GoNiners » 01 Jan 2013 17:15

coffeewithchess wrote:Has anybody here finished the game on Survival Mode? I thoroughly enjoyed the single-player campaign, and have attempted Survival Mode I think three times now, and failed miserably all three times. My neighbor is borrowing it right now, and I'm going to attempt Survival Mode again in the future when I get it back, but I think my next goal is to finish the campaign again with fewer than 10 survivors used...

Yup, I finished it on Survivor Mode. It was an intense experience from beginning to end. I was ranked around 17th when I did it, but I'm sure I've dropped plenty since then.

Did you have a question about the mode or the ending?
GoNiners
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: SuperSmashBro

Postby coffeewithchess » 01 Jan 2013 17:35

GoNiners wrote:Yup, I finished it on Survivor Mode. It was an intense experience from beginning to end. I was ranked around 17th when I did it, but I'm sure I've dropped plenty since then.

Did you have a question about the mode or the ending?

Congrats on finishing it! I finished the game on Normal, and have gone back a few times now attempting it (some on Survivor some on just the regular file). I don't have any questions about the ending, yet; I read the game has a good ending and a bad ending, and I'm just not sure which one I got when I played it...so I'm going through it again and seeing if anything happens differently this time with different results toward the end of the game.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'm actually working on another ZombiU "reviews" post right now hoping to draw attention to the game, and what I think is a greater problem in the video game industry with "reviews".
coffeewithchess
Boo
Boo

Postby GoNiners » 01 Jan 2013 18:04

@Coffee: Thanks! I plan on playing some more to master different weapons, but Black Ops 2 currently hogs my gaming time.

Also, I read your other ZombiU "reviews" analysis. It was a good read! Actually, I think you may have mentioned it to me on the Miiverse (I'm SuperSmashBro).

Posted from my Wii U
GoNiners
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: SuperSmashBro

Postby coffeewithchess » 01 Jan 2013 18:39

GoNiners wrote:@Coffee: Thanks! I plan on playing some more to master different weapons, but Black Ops 2 currently hogs my gaming time.

Also, I read your other ZombiU "reviews" analysis. It was a good read! Actually, I think you may have mentioned it to me on the Miiverse (I'm SuperSmashBro).

Posted from my Wii U

I did post it to Miiverse, it survived one post but the admins deleted another one on it quickly. I even posted in the community trying to get some participation on a ZombiU issue trying to get a simple question answered by another "reviewer", but the admins deleted it because it had a Twitter name with it.

I have Black Ops 2 as well, and REALLY like the GamePad functionality on it. Beat the single-player campaign one morning on the GamePad while my wife was watching Netflix on our old Wii system. It works very well, even online multiplayer via the GamePad is awesome if the TV is needed for something else.
coffeewithchess
Boo
Boo

Postby coffeewithchess » 02 Jan 2013 03:42

How do you know "reviewers" don't want to talk about their "reviews" on a game? When they refuse to answer a simple question like, "How many hours did it take you to finish the game?", or even, "Did you finish the game?"

I'm now blocked by two "reviewers" of ZombiU for asking those questions to them on Twitter...which their Twitter accounts are provided by the sites for which they "reviewed" the game.

If you "review" something, the least you should be able to do is answer questions about your time with the game and specifically how long it took you to finish it (the game provides that), right? Instead, they can't/won't and block those Twitter users who ask them that type of question? Why?

Perhaps some of you could get that question answered by them...
coffeewithchess
Boo
Boo

Postby CrispyGoomba » 02 Jan 2013 04:22

I wouldn't be surprised if some reviewers do that. I mean, if it's taken them a long time to go through the game and if the owner of said site wanted the review up on launch day for ad revenue and such, they'll just have to wing it.

Spoiler:
On a different note, I was playing just a second ago. I was at the part where you have to Call for Evac by going to the Tower of London. Anyways, when I got up to the top, I wasn't really prepared, so I got bombarded with zombies in my face. I quickly rushed up the stairs to where the helicopter was at, and before the screen faded away to the cut scene, I died. However, the cut scene still played even though I was dead! After it ended, it started me with a new character...so now I have to make my way back to the tower was at. Needless to say, it is quite a ways out there :evil:
CrispyGoomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby coffeewithchess » 02 Jan 2013 05:24

CrispyGoomba wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if some reviewers do that. I mean, if it's taken them a long time to go through the game and if the owner of said site wanted the review up on launch day for ad revenue and such, they'll just have to wing it.

Spoiler:
On a different note, I was playing just a second ago. I was at the part where you have to Call for Evac by going to the Tower of London. Anyways, when I got up to the top, I wasn't really prepared, so I got bombarded with zombies in my face. I quickly rushed up the stairs to where the helicopter was at, and before the screen faded away to the cut scene, I died. However, the cut scene still played even though I was dead! After it ended, it started me with a new character...so now I have to make my way back to the tower was at. Needless to say, it is quite a ways out there :evil:

Well, what happened on one site when I asked about it? Comments deleted showing the review was not finished when published. I was banned, then unbanned. Then threatened with another ban, apparently if I ask other reviewers how long they play games. He called it "undermining the review" or something along those lines...asking "How long did you play the game?" or "Did you finish the game?" is undermining a review?

Then, when a site gives the game a "Low" in "Replay Value", but the "reviewer" failed to mention how many hours it took him to beat it, I asked...and have received no response, and he blocked me...because apparently asking that question isn't needed. Same now with the first site. I asked the "reviewer" earlier tonight if he had finished the game yet, being 100% serious, because I was curious if he thought any differently about it assuming he had finished it by now...BLOCKED! LOL, I mean...the game gives you hours played and survivors to finish. It's not rocket science, or disagreeing with their opinions (though, some of them have incorrect information, or lack information), it's them simply reporting what the game tells them, or even simpler...hopping on the activity Wii U channel that shows them hours played on games.

As for your spoiler...do you know if you died, died...or if it was setup that way? I still have no clue if I died, or if what happened was supposed to happen. I have it all recorded, and watching it again still doesn't give me a clue as to what happened...

I'm going to play it again though, and I'm really hoping to finish it well this time, and KNOW what happens...
coffeewithchess
Boo
Boo

Postby CrispyGoomba » 02 Jan 2013 06:03

Wow, how lame. I'd say it's pretty obvious that they probably didn't get halfway through the game. I feel a little bad that this game got the low reviews it got. It's not that bad of a game, so I'm going to go with the reviewers who rated it low aren't a fan of the genre.

Actually, I looked it up on Youtube and found IGN's play-through of the game and found the spot where I 'died' at. Turns out, apparently I died right when the cut scene triggered so that's pretty much crap. Basically, I wasn't suppose to die.

And speaking of glitches, the time between this post and my last post, I've been playing this game. When looting a zombie, the game switched to the third person camera view on the TV as it should, however, my gamepad screen didn't turn into the inventory screen. So now I can't move my character and I'm going to have to quit the game. Hopefully it'll just go back to my last save so I can still get my weapons from my dead character.
CrispyGoomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby coffeewithchess » 03 Jan 2013 00:53

CrispyGoomba wrote:Wow, how lame. I'd say it's pretty obvious that they probably didn't get halfway through the game. I feel a little bad that this game got the low reviews it got. It's not that bad of a game, so I'm going to go with the reviewers who rated it low aren't a fan of the genre.

Actually, I looked it up on Youtube and found IGN's play-through of the game and found the spot where I 'died' at. Turns out, apparently I died right when the cut scene triggered so that's pretty much crap. Basically, I wasn't suppose to die.

And speaking of glitches, the time between this post and my last post, I've been playing this game. When looting a zombie, the game switched to the third person camera view on the TV as it should, however, my gamepad screen didn't turn into the inventory screen. So now I can't move my character and I'm going to have to quit the game. Hopefully it'll just go back to my last save so I can still get my weapons from my dead character.

Well, one site didn't rate it low. Again though, I don't mind a low score on a game, as long as the review text and issues the reviewer had make sense. I do mind sites apparently not wanting readers to know their "reviewers" don't finish games before slapping scores on them and calling it a day. I do mind "reviewers" tweeting about randomness, but not wanting to answer questions about THEIR written "reviews".

When I read a book review, I assume the reviewer finished the book, or the review will state "I didn't finish the book, because of xyz reasons." When I read a movie review, I assume the reviewer saw the entire movie or the review to say, "I didn't finish the movie, because of xyz reasons."

When I read a game review, for almost a decade now, I do not assume the game was completed.
coffeewithchess
Boo
Boo

Postby BlueRangerVegeta » 03 Jan 2013 11:32

coffeewithchess wrote:
CrispyGoomba wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if some reviewers do that. I mean, if it's taken them a long time to go through the game and if the owner of said site wanted the review up on launch day for ad revenue and such, they'll just have to wing it.

Spoiler:

Well, what happened on one site when I asked about it? Comments deleted showing the review was not finished when, published. I was banned, then unbanned. Then threatened with another ban, apparently if I ask other reviewers how long they play games. He called it "undermining the review" or something along those lines...asking "How long did you play the game?" or "Did you finish the game?" is undermining a review?

Then, when a site gives the game a "Low" in "Replay Value", but the "reviewer" failed to mention how many hours it took him to beat it, I asked...and have received no response, and he blocked me...because apparently asking that question isn't needed. Same now with the first site. I asked the "reviewer" earlier tonight if he had finished the game yet, being 100% serious, because I was curious if he thought any differently about it assuming he had finished it by now...BLOCKED! LOL, I mean...the game gives you hours played and survivors to finish. It's not rocket science, or disagreeing with their opinions (though, some of them have incorrect information, or lack information), it's them simply reporting what the game tells them, or even simpler...hopping on the activity Wii U channel that shows them hours played on games.

As for your spoiler...do you know if you died, died...or if it was setup that way? I still have no clue if I died, or if what happened was supposed to happen. I have it all recorded, and watching it again still doesn't give me a clue as to what happened...

I'm going to play it again though, and I'm really hoping to finish it well this time, and KNOW what happens...

Who were these reviewers? We need names/sites man.
In their defense though ZombiU is one of the buggiest games I myself has played. It really feels like an early beta build tbh. How the game launched with the C4 glitch, let alone any others, is beyond me and a testament to just how sloppy Ubisoft as a whole is.
BlueRangerVegeta
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby coffeewithchess » 03 Jan 2013 18:43

BlueRangerVegeta wrote:Who were these reviewers? We need names/sites man.
In their defense though ZombiU is one of the buggiest games I myself has played. It really feels like an early beta build tbh. How the game launched with the C4 glitch, let alone any others, is beyond me and a testament to just how sloppy Ubisoft as a whole is.

There's one piece being worked on (stopped typing it to comment here actually) about one site, and a second piece about the other two sites. By any chance, do you have a Twitter account?
coffeewithchess
Boo
Boo

Previous

Return to WiiU / Wii