The Wii U. Has Nintendo Convinced You Yet?

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Are you convinced yet?

Yes
54%
No
33%
Not Sure...
13%

Total votes : 87

Re: The Wii U. Has Nintendo Convinced You Yet?

Postby thresholdXCI » 05 Dec 2012 11:54

No. The only real benefit over my PS3 now would be the controller. And while neat it isn't £300 worth of neat. Plus I'm waiting until its 8th gen competition comes out before making too much judgement.Then we'll see what kind of long-term 3rd party support we can expect.
thresholdXCI
Site Mod
Site Mod

Wii: 4073 2409 9869 0324
PSN: jw_XCI

Postby spellsinger » 05 Dec 2012 17:30

No, not yet. The ports are just inferior most of the times and nintendo fist party titles didn't show anything further from what we can already see... I don't pret3nd to buy a Wii U so soon.

God, I miss the old nintendo from the 90's... =/
3 steps to improve nintendo's activities:

- Iwata should leave the presidency to another sector in nintendo;
-Miyamoto should take a slap of sense to start caring again for the hardcore gamers;
-Work along with third-parties to increase player demand;
spellsinger
Chocobo
Chocobo

3DS: 4253-4368-6520

Postby kernal » 05 Dec 2012 18:22

oh yes they have! my fiancee, nieces and myself have pretty much been playing the wii u every day since launch and i still love it! i cant remember the last time ive played a home console this much.. whether its a super fun game i can play with the family (nintendo land) or alone (nsmbu), or insanely tense and absorbing game (zombi u) and even a port i feel has added depth due to touch screen conrtols (batman arkham city) ive never enjoyed play games more! i honestly mean that. ive been play games for around 25 years now and this thing has its social network enfused hooks dug right into me. the miiverse sounded sort of underwhelming but it becomes so addictive to read comments and see and add pictures. a lot of the games on wii u have honest to goodness communities where everyone is willing to help each other out. so many things that are done now on wii u that couldnt have been done on the other systems. ignore the cynics.. there is no converting them. nintendo could say "we have added this feature, free of charge!" and they will say "what about this feature!?", nintendo could say "we have these games coming out in the next year" and they will say "i dont care! what about this, that and the other thing!?". there is no winning... just a lot of whining.

to boil all of this down, ive had a lot of fun with the wii u. more fun than ive had with a lot of my other systems over the years. i feel that THAT is the most important thing. how much fun and enjoyment do you get out of a system.

i really cant wait to see what the future holds for the wii u!
kernal
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: The_Kernal
3DS: 5284-2695-1711
Wii: 2445-3073-3064-6000
XBL: Branson Fury

Postby CaptainColon » 05 Dec 2012 21:02

I didn't realize how old this thread was. I'm curious to see the results of the poll from people who have voted only after the system's launch and getting some real hands on time with it. Personally I voted Not Sure for now.
CaptainColon
Metool
Metool

NN ID: BeerAndMidgets
3DS: 0989-1731-6815

Postby Radiant » 07 Dec 2012 01:54

Nope. Although finding out that we go by NN IDs instead of friend codes (despite Iwata and Reggie saying talking about the Wii U having friend codes... Yeah, so confusing) had helped restore my faith a bit, the lack of games just kills it. It doesn't matter how pretty the graphics are or how good the online system is, if there aren't any games for me to play, the console is worthless at this point.
Radiant
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: WoodwindsRock
3DS: 1032-1351-5240

Postby TopCat » 08 Dec 2012 04:13

Radiant wrote:Nope. Although finding out that we go by NN IDs instead of friend codes (despite Iwata and Reggie saying talking about the Wii U having friend codes... Yeah, so confusing) had helped restore my faith a bit, the lack of games just kills it. It doesn't matter how pretty the graphics are or how good the online system is, if there aren't any games for me to play, the console is worthless at this point.

Exactly.. No games = no buy... Dark Souls 2 was just announced... for the PS3, XBOX360 and PC... No Wii U version on the horizon... "Sweet".
TopCat
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Postby ddddd » 08 Dec 2012 06:11

There is almost no WiiU version of anything right now. Found this list on GAF, super depressing:

Find the WiiU games:

Spoiler:
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Anarchy Reigns
Army of TWO: The Devil's Cartel
Battlefield 4
Bioshock Infinite
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Crysis 3
Dark Souls II
Deadpool
Dead Island: Riptide
Dead Space 3
Devil's Third
DmC
Fortnite
Furious 4
Fuse
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2
Grand Theft Auto V
Grid 2
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Killer is Dead
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Lost Planet 3
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
Metro: Last Light
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
Rambo: The Video Game
Remember Me
Sacrilegium
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Star Trek
Star Wars 1313
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Tomb Raider
Watch Dogs
XCOM
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby KingBroly » 08 Dec 2012 07:17

Ninja Gaiden Z is a Vita game. No one cares about Vita games.

Also, Injustice is confirmed for Wii U, so I don't know why you have it on that list. Same for Aliens. I also know of a couple from that list that are coming to Wii U that I can't talk about.
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby ddddd » 08 Dec 2012 09:16

KingBroly wrote:Ninja Gaiden Z is a Vita game. No one cares about Vita games.

Also, Injustice is confirmed for Wii U, so I don't know why you have it on that list. Same for Aliens.

Because I said "Find the WiiU games" :D

KingBroly wrote:I also know of a couple from that list that are coming to Wii U that I can't talk about.

:o
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby J0RdAnN » 08 Dec 2012 10:50

Deadpool I heard was one. EA is stupid if Battlefield 4 doesn't hit Wiiu... Star Trek is coming or said they looking into it @ E3...Dead Space 3 I can see coming over as well.
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby KingBroly » 08 Dec 2012 11:27

ddddd wrote:
KingBroly wrote:Ninja Gaiden Z is a Vita game. No one cares about Vita games.

Also, Injustice is confirmed for Wii U, so I don't know why you have it on that list. Same for Aliens.

Because I said "Find the WiiU games" :D

KingBroly wrote:I also know of a couple from that list that are coming to Wii U that I can't talk about.

:o

Fun Fact: You know that Miiverse leak when the system launched mentioned "Metal Gear 5" on it? Well, look at the trailer for "The Phantom Pain" and then proceed to its' NeoGaf thread where you will see "Metal Gear Solid V."

But I doubt it's a different game than Ground Zeroes. Nor am I suggesting that it's coming to Wii U.
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby styckx » 08 Dec 2012 12:58

Hiya guys.. New here and this is an nice little topic and pertains to my story perfect.

I'm 35 I own a Wii U and I haven't owned, nor wanted to own any Nintendo system since the N64. If that doesn't say a lot I don't know what does. I have a different take on what Nintendo wants and `hardcore gamers' it isn't.

The Gamecube was the first time I stuck my nose up at a Nintendo system ever. It was marketed as a toy, it was a upgraded N64 with discs (no real advancement), looked like a toy and the games looked like they were designed for toddlers.. So long Nintendo, hello Xbox.. It was black, it was manly and screamed "I PLAY MAN GAMES". I loved that thing.. Then I grabbed the 360 and saw the Wii.. And while it looked less like a toy it looked extremely cheaply made, gimmicky and jesus, the games graphics and such looked like slightly upgraded Gamecube games.. No thanks. Despite the huge success it had I was part of the demographic they lost w/ gamecube and still failed to get back w/ the Wii.Then.. Then the Wii U.. At first the recycled name made me side w/ ignorance and just blew it off without even knowing what it was.. Then I started reading, and reading and it dawned on me.. I summed it up to this "Man, this system is actually really good but the media is hell bent on making it sound bad".. I mean... I read rant and rave about it only having a 1.3ghz CPU.. And every single one of those people either have NO IDEA how a PowerPC functions or are purely agenda driven. 1.3ghz on a PowerPC w/ todays hardware technology is a beast as far as sheer power.

Nintendo isn't trying to attract hardcore gamers with this. The AAA titles just come by proxy with the advancement in technology. What they are marketing this towards is boys of today, and the boys of the past who they lost with the Gamecube and Wii because we ALWAYS felt like if we bought either of those systems we were settling for less. There are non "hardcore" games that simply can't be made for the Wii and such was the same for the Gamecube. Finally.. FINALLY Nintendo has a system that I feel my options for games are equal and I get the bonus of Nintendo exclusives!

Anyway.. I'm a 35 year old who is back on the Nintendo bandwagon and it's all because of the Wii U..
styckx
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Autosaver » 08 Dec 2012 23:51

Kingbroly has an uncle that works at Nintendo. Right? :p
Autosaver
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Autosaver

Postby ddddd » 09 Dec 2012 00:18

Autosaver wrote:Kingbroly has an uncle that works at Nintendo. Right? :p

Not sure :P But if he says he has inside info, it is true.
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby TheLastBlade » 09 Dec 2012 01:29

I ain't touchin' SQUAT until a Fire Emblem game is announced.....
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Postby jlatimer11 » 09 Dec 2012 18:52

The lack of multi-platform games for 2013 is worrying, but I guess I shouldn't have believed Reggie.
jlatimer11
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: jlatimer11
3DS: 1891-1333-7003
PSN: jlatimer11
XBL: jmlat

Postby CM30 » 10 Dec 2012 20:50

I voted not sure, because I'm not yet sure whether I want to buy a Wii U yet. Do I like the look of New Super Mario Bros U? Definitely. But one or two games won't cut it, I need something more to get me to buy a 300 pound console. Maybe I'll buy one when either the next Zelda, 3D Mario, Mario Kart or Smash Bros game comes out.
Nintendo 3DS Community, a Nintendo 3DS forum

Die hard Mario fan, writer for various Nintendo sites and person whose probably played the most Wario Land 4.
CM30
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

3DS: 4983-5165-4189

Postby Berrix » 15 Dec 2012 00:08

CM30 wrote:I voted not sure, because I'm not yet sure whether I want to buy a Wii U yet. Do I like the look of New Super Mario Bros U? Definitely. But one or two games won't cut it, I need something more to get me to buy a 300 pound console. Maybe I'll buy one when either the next Zelda, 3D Mario, Mario Kart or Smash Bros game comes out.

Here is the thing, I do this exact thing to other consoles. Nintendo, however, makes the two of the three franchises I love dearly and will follow them wherever. Though I was hurt there wasn't one for the Wii, though. I have hopes for a newer one.

Multi-plats not coming is a constant with Nintendo, how is this now worrisome moreso than ever? We're going to get the doom and gloom this gen as well. Nintendo can curtail the releases to allow third parties a chance and just like with the 3DS, when the third parties refuse to answer, Nintendo again will pick up the slack of their own system and we'll be at square one again.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Postby NightsOwl » 15 Dec 2012 06:05

They've convinced me. Yes.

But I don't have the money to buy it. >_>
Rhythm Game fanatic. DJMax, Taiko no Tatsujin, DDR, Rockband, Guitar Hero, Rhythm Heaven, Beatmania, and Pop n' Music. Amazing.
NightsOwl
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: Nights0wl
3DS: 0404-6041-2332

Postby BowsersLoveChild » 17 Dec 2012 07:56

Convinced and bought. I am a Nintendo fan through-and-though, so little anyone has to say to 'tear down' the console has any great effect on me. Sure, there could be a few more games announced for it to smear a balm on the cynical souls of it's detractors, but I am 100% convinced great things are heading Wii U-wards.

Even if the best content doesn't come from these hallowed 'third parties'.
Bowser-Is-My-Father on IGN & Nintendo Enthusiast
Nintendo Original since 1984
Loving the Wii U, IGNoring the haters
BowsersLoveChild
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Devil_Rising » 17 Dec 2012 10:14

jlatimer11 wrote:The lack of multi-platform games for 2013 is worrying, but I guess I shouldn't have believed Reggie.

Not yet officially announced does not equal not coming at all.
Also featured at: http://thepunkeffect.com
Follow along on Twitter: @RetroRevelation
And Tumblr: retrorevelations.tumblr.com
Devil_Rising
F-Zero Racer
F-Zero Racer

NN ID: Godzilla1981
PSN: AwesomeFukenGuy

Previous

Return to WiiU / Wii