Wii U - The "everything" Info Thread

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Re: Wii U - The "everything" Info Thread

Postby Devil_Rising » 16 Dec 2012 08:04

KoopaStomper27 wrote:
Mirr0rR3flection wrote:^^The thing is most people here rarely ask for 1st party titles once they're satisfied with the 3rd parties games they've received. 1st party games are just a bonus to them. I'm quite the opposite however. ;)

Sorry but with all due respect, I think that's the major problem recently with not just Nintendo but also with Sony & Microsoft.

The gamers of today who grew up with games since the NES days have this demand now for perfection with everything, and want everything they could ask for with a snap of the finger, 1st or 3rd party.

I wish for certain games to be made in the future, but constantly attacking, berating and insulting said companies for not having it for them right then and there is wrong and a waste of time & energy.

We can tell Nintendo what we want & wish for, but can't we just do it without threatening to lunge a sword in their throats? :|

I agree with everything you're saying. I just strongly disagree with the basis thereof. That being, that the people who are the most demanding and irrational are people who have been gaming since the NES era.

By and large, most of us (myself included) old folks who have been gaming since the NES (or even Atari 2600 for that matter, as it was my first console), I would have to say, are obviously older, and also (not universally so) more matured as aging adults. I think beyond the age factor, you also have the fact that we grew up in the 80s and early 90s, in an age where the internet wasn't established, where you couldn't just have walkthroughs and info and "news" at the snap of a finger. We grew up being patient, waiting sometimes years for a game (Mario 3 comes to mind).

Again, I cannot speak for everyone "my age", who has been playing since NES or even before, but I do feel confident in stating that I think it fair to say, most of the whiniest, most immature, and most impatient gamers, are in fact from younger generations. Dare I say it, even people whose first console was the Playstation, or N64, or maybe even GC or PS2 or Xbox for that matter. Teens and very young adults, who have grown up in an age where they DO in fact have the internet at their disposal, where they have what I call the "Gamestop Culture", pre-ordering these mass produced, overrated "AAA" titles, beating them, trading them in for the next, wash rinse repeat. A generation of gamers who have grown up on the idea that graphics are super important. You go back and look at my generation, again, speaking personally, my first gaming experiences were Pac-Man and Dig Dug in the arcades, our crappy Tandy computer, and then Atari 2600, with my beloved NES coming into my own personal possession (we were poor), MUCH later. That doesn't exactly scream "graphics whore". I grew up with blocks on screen, and limited colors, and bleeps and bloops. Of course I appreciate great HD graphics, and I also fully realize that there are in fact gamers my age who are some of the worst graphics whores (I know a couple).

BUT, by and large, I stand by my notion, that I'm willing to bet most gamers my own age, from that 80s era, have more patience, and a greater appreciation for games as they are in general. I think it would make sense that a majority of the more impatient, graphics focused, entitled "this company OWES me" people, are in fact kids, or barely beyond such. To be fair, I've met very young gamers who are the exact opposite of that, and care to go back and learn the history and play the classics, they really appreciate gaming. And that is awesome. But most snotty "fanboys" that I see, and I think that attitude in general, kind of lends itself to youth.
Also featured at: http://thepunkeffect.com
Follow along on Twitter: @RetroRevelation
And Tumblr: retrorevelations.tumblr.com
Devil_Rising
F-Zero Racer
F-Zero Racer

NN ID: Godzilla1981
PSN: AwesomeFukenGuy

Postby J0RdAnN » 19 Dec 2012 11:27

Nintendo Tvii comes tomorrow! its on nintendos fb page
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 19 Dec 2012 15:09

FINALLY! So psyched!
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: TriforceoftheGod
3DS: 2921-9263-7348
Steam ID: TriforceoftheGods
PSN: TriforceoftheGod

Postby ddddd » 19 Dec 2012 18:01

Iwata teased about a system update to improve loading times, hopefully it will come before the 27th, Id rather download the least amount of updates (I dont trust neither my electricity nor my internet provider :?)
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby KoopaStomper27 » 19 Dec 2012 20:08

@Devil Rising: Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you in any way if I did.

I'm definitely not targeting everybody who have played games since the NES era, I just get frustrated sometimes at the patience levels of some gamers these recent days. Whether they are just starting to play video games or have been around the days of Arcades. I have seen people on different message boards who have been around gaming since the beginning having this sort of impatience and attitude for some weird reason; But it seems to be Nintendo that takes the brunt of insults and attacks. Maybe it's because they've been around the longest or something, I don't know.

I believe the Big N should just get more respect than what they're receiving lately. Nintendo isn't a perfect company, just like everyone else in the industry isn't perfect. They have their share of mistakes and flubs here and there as I stated before, but that doesn't suddenly make Microsoft & Sony the saints of the gaming industry either(And I LOVE what the Playstation & Xbox have brought to gaming with great new franchises and characters).

And I'm glad you know new gamers that love to experience the classics and appreciate the grand history of video games, not just the great games of the recent generation.
To all 3DS and Wii U users; Hit me up with a request so we can be friends!! :D
KoopaStomper27
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: KoopaStomper27
3DS: 146164029432
Wii: 3337667015076641
XBL: MatthewKing1985

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 19 Dec 2012 20:54

J0RdAnN wrote:Nintendo Tvii comes tomorrow! its on nintendos fb page

About time.

Hopefully this surprises me with goodness like how Miiverse did. :D
I once lived in a bubble… but eventually… I grew tired of it. So yeah… wishes do come true… well for me at least!Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
Wii: 3983-9278-9384-2345
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Postby FadedAreWii » 22 Dec 2012 02:41

I'm having weird issues. I noticed on a friend's system that they have extra options in their plaza. They r able to veiw profiles and see posts and give them a yeah all from their Nintendo land plaza. I have no options whatsoever other than to see what all they have accomplished.

Another thing is that my miiverse shows all communities at 0 posts unless I switch it to Europe or Japan, but Americas always shows 0. I guess I'll probably have to hope it fixes in some future update unless anyone here knows any tricks.

edit/update:

Ok, I finally figured it all out. Accidently had miiverse in my NL plaza muted; the speach bubble with x was red. I'm dumb, lol.

As far as my Miiverse communities all being 0, I randomly started up Youtube and got an update for it which seems to have fixed the issue. Don't know what youtube should have to do with miiverse post counts, but, whatever, it's fixed.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: WiiareFaded

Postby Emily Rogers » 23 Dec 2012 06:30

With 2013 approaching, I can honestly say today's Nintendo might be the most indie friendly Nintendo I've ever seen. And we've seen a lot of up's and down's with Nintendo's indie policies with WiiWare. In the past, I've sent a few indie developers to NOA's direction, so I have a pretty solid idea of how Nintendo works with indies: http://notiongames.com/?p=1573 (Note: I don't write anymore so there isn't a conflict of interest between me helping game developers and writing for a site.)

Every single time, indie developers told me they come away feeling optimistic about Nintendo development. Indies who did not consider Wii U at all are now considering it after talking with Nintendo. In my personal opinion, the eShop team (and especially Dan Adelman at NOA) really do a good job reaching out and supporting indies.

My point is, I hope more indies will view the eShop as another option for their games.

Check out this interview with Dan Adelman at Nintendo of America. One of the coolest guys in the industry.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/12/interview_nintendo_of_americas_dan_adelman
Last edited by Emily Rogers on 23 Dec 2012 13:52, edited 2 times in total.
Emily Rogers
Flicky
Flicky

Postby Devil_Rising » 23 Dec 2012 08:35

[quote="KoopaStomper27"]@Devil Rising: Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you in any way if I did.

No dude, you didn't offend me in any way at all. I was just saying I feel that most impatient gamers are likely from younger generations. Could be wrong. But hey. I still agree with you, either way.
Also featured at: http://thepunkeffect.com
Follow along on Twitter: @RetroRevelation
And Tumblr: retrorevelations.tumblr.com
Devil_Rising
F-Zero Racer
F-Zero Racer

NN ID: Godzilla1981
PSN: AwesomeFukenGuy

Postby hellfire888 » 26 Dec 2012 20:01

finally got some time with the wiiu....
i can honestly say that this is my favorite system nintendo has ever made.. yeah, the load times can be brutal at times, but that will most likely be fixed with an update, which is fine with me.
the update and system transfer were a freaking nightmare though.. at least i got the update out of the way before we opened it up on christmas day... and i just finished the transfer without a hitch.
i'm really hoping to get some more first party and indie stuff soon.. i have a feeling NSMBU, nano assault, trine2, and chasing aurora are only gonna last so long between the kids and i... just added my NNID.. add me if you want.. as of right now, i have no friends :(
and for the few who know me, i'm gonna try and have the blog set back up as soon as i can.. a few things just have to work out first.
oh, and i'll have the boys NNID's setup by the next day or so(just need to pay the 50cents for the verification thing).. just send a pm... thanks!
hellfire888
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Sgt_Hartman
PSN: Sgt_Hartman30
XBL: Sgt Hartman30

Postby KingBroly » 26 Dec 2012 21:32

There are some very awesome things about Wii U that most people don't really discuss that I think are worthwhile.

#1 - Being able to turn the system/TV on with just the Gamepad. Having to turn on the TV, change the TV input and turn on the system with separate devices can be a real chore. But with the Wii U Gamepad, turn on the controller, hit the TV button and turn it on/change the input with 1 device. It's really sweet.

#2 - Netflix integration is really awesome. While the extra information isn't all that great, being able to queue up other things while watching is. All without losing screen retail estate.

#3 - Miiverse integration. It's not something you yearn for until you go into a game that doesn't use it. It's a nice little touch for Nintendo to show that it does have a somewhat dedicated gamer community.
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby gtt » 26 Dec 2012 22:35

KingBroly wrote:There are some very awesome things about Wii U that most people don't really discuss that I think are worthwhile.

#1 - Being able to turn the system/TV on with just the Gamepad. Having to turn on the TV, change the TV input and turn on the system with separate devices can be a real chore. But with the Wii U Gamepad, turn on the controller, hit the TV button and turn it on/change the input with 1 device. It's really sweet.

#2 - Netflix integration is really awesome. While the extra information isn't all that great, being able to queue up other things while watching is. All without losing screen retail estate.

#3 - Miiverse integration. It's not something you yearn for until you go into a game that doesn't use it. It's a nice little touch for Nintendo to show that it does have a somewhat dedicated gamer community.

if they get the netflix app to be as good as the ps3 one, it will be the best version of netflix.
gtt
Kwisatz Haderach

NN ID: supergtt
3DS: 3394-3550-1815

Postby MermaidKelly » 27 Dec 2012 01:19

I opened my Wii U on Christmas morning, and I've been using it practically nonstop (well, other then to charge the Gamepad. :? ) Something that's bugging me though is the eshop. I don't find it as 'user friendly' as the 3ds eshop. I've been trying to find the demos. They are nowhere to be found, and even a search for 'demo' didn't turn anything up! I had to search 'Rayman Legends' to find that demo. Does anyone know what demos are currently available? Also, I've had a lot of error codes trying to download things (demos/updates for games/etc). I don't know why that would be occurring. :(
MermaidKelly
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby pokemaster515 » 27 Dec 2012 01:44

KingBroly wrote:#2 - Netflix integration is really awesome. While the extra information isn't all that great, being able to queue up other things while watching is. All without losing screen retail estate.

:o I had no idea! Miiverse as a whole is pretty awesome too, although sometimes I get a bit annoyed when NSMBU asks to post to miiverse after a level (which for me is nearly every level). I sometimes mean to check miiverse quickly and end up using it for hours.
I also feel the eshop is pretty lame compared to the 3DS', real shame too. I don't understand why you need to use the gamepad either. Miiverse lets you use a wiimote, why doesn't the eshop? As for the TV remote, I make a point to use the gamepad every time I change the channel/volume.
My favorite feature is being able to play games without use of the TV. The most creepy/awkward feature being the video chat. Its great for my one friend I felt comfortable using it with, but I wish strangers I meet on miiverse would stop calling me. I never know to be flattered or just delete them.
pokemaster515
Metool
Metool

3DS: 1805-2174-0951

Postby komicturtle92 » 27 Dec 2012 02:58

Just a question:
Has anyone try using a MicroUSB to 3.5mm Adapter on the Wii U Pro controller yet? I'm thinking of getting one (really inexpensive) to try and see voice chat could work. I'm thinking it's one of many mysteries that I'd like to solve and see happen. I'm thinking as long as he game recognizes anything being input as a microphone it should work. My 2010 HDD even worked just by buying some adapter after Nintendo only listed like 4 that worked. When the update for Trine 2 comes, I'll be testing it out.
komicturtle92
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: komicturtle
3DS: Ask me to add

Postby ddddd » 27 Dec 2012 05:55

MermaidKelly wrote:I opened my Wii U on Christmas morning, and I've been using it practically nonstop (well, other then to charge the Gamepad. :? ) Something that's bugging me though is the eshop. I don't find it as 'user friendly' as the 3ds eshop. I've been trying to find the demos. They are nowhere to be found, and even a search for 'demo' didn't turn anything up! I had to search 'Rayman Legends' to find that demo. Does anyone know what demos are currently available? Also, I've had a lot of error codes trying to download things (demos/updates for games/etc). I don't know why that would be occurring. :(

Servers getting clogged because of christmas. I guess there will be less errors in the upcoming days.
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 27 Dec 2012 17:34

pokemaster515 wrote:The most creepy/awkward feature being the video chat.

You brought that upon yourself. I never wanted to use it in the first place. xD
pokemaster515 wrote:Its great for my one friend I felt comfortable using it with, but I wish strangers I meet on miiverse would stop calling me. I never know to be flattered or just delete them.

Please… do tell me more through Miiverse PM. 8)
MermaidKelly wrote:Does anyone know what demos are currently available?

Rayman Legends, FIFA soccer 13, and Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed are all the ones I know of.
I once lived in a bubble… but eventually… I grew tired of it. So yeah… wishes do come true… well for me at least!Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

Postby YoshiRider123 » 27 Dec 2012 20:52

Yeah, it's just those three demos at the moment. I wish that the Wii U eShop were more organized than it is now. You'd never know that there's a Rayman Legends demo from the eShop unless you did a search for the game yourself.
ImageImage
YoshiRider123
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: YoshiRider123
3DS: 2234-7518-2554
Wii: 7089-5120-7410-8507

Postby CrispyGoomba » 27 Dec 2012 21:18

I got a question that maybe someone here can answer. Speaking of TVii, what TV shows uses the TV Tag feature? It seems like only sport games uses it for right now, but all of the shows that I tried using didn't have it.
CrispyGoomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: CrispyGoomba
3DS: 0688-5315-1722
Wii: 1198-2138-8210-1532
XBL: CrispyGoomba

Postby ddddd » 28 Dec 2012 19:00

ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 28 Dec 2012 21:19

http://i3.minus.com/jbysDaDxOCEMMK.jpg

Damn… these administrators are serious. Nothing flies past them… XD
Last edited by Mirr0rR3flection on 28 Dec 2012 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 28 Dec 2012 21:24

Mirr0rR3flection wrote:

http://i3.minus.com/jbysDaDxOCEMMK.jpg

LOL these administrators are strict as hell. XD

Mario is a game that kids will be playing and seeing the Miiverse updates, and in that picture Mario is giving the middle finger to the water creature....so of course they would censor it.
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Broken_Cartridge
PSN: Stephen5543

Postby KingBroly » 28 Dec 2012 22:02

That...'s dedication, to say the least.
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 28 Dec 2012 22:08

Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: TriforceoftheGod
3DS: 2921-9263-7348
Steam ID: TriforceoftheGods
PSN: TriforceoftheGod

Postby THEWORD777 » 01 Jan 2013 08:20

Does anyone think next year we could get achievements and cross game chat added to the service because it does add gameplay value,also id like a star point for completing all challenges in a game,then add more more star points on DLC to motivate my purchases.2013/2014 predictions please.
THEWORD777
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: iHarryGaming

PreviousNext

Return to WiiU / Wii