Wii U - The "everything" Info Thread

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Re: Wii U - The "everything" Info Thread

Postby Berrix » 16 Jan 2013 19:12

THEWORD777 wrote:i haven't got time to do a link but check out WII U STUDIOS STARFOX LEAK 2013,youtube.I say its fake,i mean wii u studios?but i have to say video looks pretty convincingly awsome.

I can tell you it's fake right off the bat. First of all I actually -HAVE- a couple textures (the jacket) from a set that was sold maybe a couple years ago. Secondly I do not think that even Retro would go to those lengths to show off unknown areas with a ton time to highlight everything within them (the engine room).

Though I do hope Starfox is/will be made in the Wii U's lifetime, I just don't hope it's Retro Studios working on it. You know, like everything else people want them to do (just read a blog about why they need to work on Fire Emblem in the say Elder Scrolls is).

EDIT; Poking around Youtube after that video I noticed another like it;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqdwT2pKYzY

I must say of all fans that try to make something seem real, Nintendo fans go all out, seriously.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Postby KingBroly » 16 Jan 2013 20:49

THEWORD777 wrote:i haven't got time to do a link but check out WII U STUDIOS STARFOX LEAK 2013,youtube.I say its fake,i mean wii u studios?but i have to say video looks pretty convincingly awsome.

It looks convincing for the SNES, if that's what you mean. It's a fake, period. And if it was real, it'd have been taken down, and everyone who watched it would've had their memories wiped.
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby THEWORD777 » 16 Jan 2013 23:56

KingBroly wrote:

It looks convincing for the SNES, if that's what you mean. It's a fake, period. And if it was real, it'd have been taken down, and everyone who watched it would've had their memories wiped.

To be honest the gfx haven't changed alot since the snes;) at first glance i thought it was masseffect 3 for wii u.
THEWORD777
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: iHarryGaming

Postby FadedAreWii » 18 Jan 2013 00:43

Triforce of the Gods wrote:The other day on the radio it was announced that Ubisoft gave them a Wii U and a bunch of their "hit games, including ZombiU and Just Dance" to give away. Did they ever do something like this with the Wii, or is Ubisoft really getting into a more buddy-buddy relationship with Nintendo?

I just think Ubisoft is being a bit more aggressive about building a user-base at launch since they screwed up for Wii, as Red Steel actually sold well, but they had no follow-up and their support generally sucked from there on out for the system. I think they realized they missed out on a huge opportunity, but by the time they decided to give a crap, fans didn't care about them anymore. Lots of developers got caught with their pants down by dismissing the Wii, so I just think Ubi is making sure history doesn't repeat itself.

Since Zombi U seems to be doing great, we should see a follow-up not too far into the future if they have really learned their lesson.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: WiiareFaded

Postby Berrix » 18 Jan 2013 01:14

FadedAreWii wrote:Since Zombi U seems to be doing great, we should see a follow-up not too far into the future if they have really learned their lesson.

And a major part of me still wants the Killer Freaks game ZombiU used to be. I would love to see that revisited.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby FadedAreWii » 18 Jan 2013 01:25

I'd love to see that too. Bastards teased about it in Zombi U. There is a billboard with a Killer Freaks movie advertisement. However, I think I'd rather see a follow-up to Zombi U without the one death thing. Obviously that makes Zombi U what it is, but now that it's been done, I think, if they made a more normal progressing game, it would be just like a new traditional Survival Horror Resident Evil style game, and I'd love that over Killer Freaks. Resident Evil, for the most part, outside of Revelations, has been ruined and this seems like the perfect opportunity for Ubisoft and Zombi U to take over.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby Berrix » 18 Jan 2013 01:35

FadedAreWii wrote:I'd love to see that too. Bastards teased about it in Zombi U. There is a billboard with a Killer Freaks movie advertisement. However, I think I'd rather see a follow-up to Zombi U without the one death thing. Obviously that makes Zombi U what it is, but now that it's been done, I think, if they made a more normal progressing game, it would be just like a new traditional Survival Horror Resident Evil style game, and I'd love that over Killer Freaks. Resident Evil, for the most part, outside of Revelations, has been ruined and this seems like the perfect opportunity for Ubisoft and Zombi U to take over.

I think a ton of people love the one-death penalty in the game, it makes the game more horror cause you're constantly worried of some ambush of any kind. As for RE, Capcom just needs to stop with the Hollywood Effects mentality and pretty sure the game would revert to it's constant normality. It's not ruined yet, just a few bad apples in the franchise, each one has them. I wouldn't want ZombiU to try and be the new RE, just be the ZombiU.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby DonnyDarko420 » 18 Jan 2013 15:17

Berrix wrote:
FadedAreWii wrote:I'd love to see that too. Bastards teased about it in Zombi U. There is a billboard with a Killer Freaks movie advertisement. However, I think I'd rather see a follow-up to Zombi U without the one death thing. Obviously that makes Zombi U what it is, but now that it's been done, I think, if they made a more normal progressing game, it would be just like a new traditional Survival Horror Resident Evil style game, and I'd love that over Killer Freaks. Resident Evil, for the most part, outside of Revelations, has been ruined and this seems like the perfect opportunity for Ubisoft and Zombi U to take over.

I think a ton of people love the one-death penalty in the game, it makes the game more horror cause you're constantly worried of some ambush of any kind. As for RE, Capcom just needs to stop with the Hollywood Effects mentality and pretty sure the game would revert to it's constant normality. It's not ruined yet, just a few bad apples in the franchise, each one has them. I wouldn't want ZombiU to try and be the new RE, just be the ZombiU.

I completely agree with you. Zombi U is cool and unique because of the gameplay decisions they made. I want them to expand those ideas, add in a few fresh ones, and then polish away for the next entry.

I also agree that RE isn't ruined. RE 5 and 6 aren't horrible games, but I feel like they wander a little too far away from what Resident Evil is. Revelations on the other hand, is pretty damn good. I think if they take a look at what they are doing right and wrong across all the games, they can find the pulse of the series and the balance it needs to achieve.
DonnyDarko420
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: DD420x
3DS: 4725-7959-6401
Wii: 1598-6202-6141-2684

Postby FadedAreWii » 18 Jan 2013 22:12

I definitely wouldn't hate the return of one-death, I do enjoy it, just maybe add a mode where you can save your progress or something if you are in that mood. I don't really want it to try and be the new RE, rather it already feels enough like it to me and I just think that one edition could bring in a lot more people to the game and give it that more mainstream resident evilness. I guess more of a worthy competitor to the genre/franchise. If ruined seems too harsh, my apologies, and Revelations is a recent game, but if the mainline games continue the way they are going, I'll have to stick with ruined with the slight hope of side games being good. I just don't get how they took everything good about four and thew it out. "This game was amazing and everyone loved it. For the next one, we will throw out everything but the more action oriented elements cause everyone loves Call of Duty, and let's lessen the horror by throwing in a partner that's always there, screw Resident Evil."

That's just how I felt about it anyway, lol.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Re: Wii U - Wii Mode issue

Postby bellboy » 20 Jan 2013 15:44

I've been experiencing some issues with freezing and the like on my Wii U. The most recent one is involving the Reset button on the Home menu of Wii Mode. I'm playing Little King's Story and twice over the course of two days when I've tried to reset the game the system just dies.
Wait that's not completely accurate, it stutters first and loses it's feed. The blue light on the console is on still and I need physically turn the Wii U off before I can try again. (Being forced to go back to the Main MAIN menu)
I dunno what it is this generatiion with Nintendo and system stability (the power on my 3DS works when it wants to but not when I want) but it's not making me happy at all.

Anyone else getting this?
bellboy
Boo
Boo

NN ID: bellboy64
XBL: Madaman64

Postby KingBroly » 21 Jan 2013 12:46

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509269

Theoretically...this is good Wii U news if true. Ignoring standard Console Number dick-waving, this would mean the Wii U and next Xbox run on similar architecture, making it a lot easier to get ports. This is ignoring GPU/CPU/Ram levels mind you. Basically it'd be easier to port something from 720 > Wii U or vice versa than 360 > PS3.

I also think, and this is just my opinion, that this would be a godsend for mid-tier development if it was true. This generation saw a very large decline in B/A/AA game development due to costs. Instead, developers opted to try and be the next big thing almost all the time, resulting in massive layoffs/closures. If this is true, you'd probably be able to develop for Wii U cheap, and port to 720/PS4. This would be a great boon for the entire industry.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby curbles » 21 Jan 2013 15:08

KingBroly wrote:Ignoring standard Console Number dick-waving, this would mean the Wii U and next Xbox run on similar architecture, making it a lot easier to get ports.

It would be nice if ports were easy for developers.
If so, my guess is that a lot of developers will probably develop for all 3 systems and the Wii U gamepad may not get too much attention unless developers are really interested in pushing the gameplay on it. Honestly, if the only difference between the versions was that Wii U had off-screen gameplay, itwould probably be enough to make me get the Wii U version. Off-screen play is a GODSEND in my house.

I'm curious about the HDMI-in that was mentioned on the Xbox 720. Wonder how that'll work?
NNID: curbles
twitter: @curbles
curbles
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: curbles

Postby KingBroly » 21 Jan 2013 15:14

DVR, most likely. Microsoft wants the Xbox to be the set top box, the go-to device in the living room. But to be honest, they've lost that battle already.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby ddddd » 21 Jan 2013 20:42

Seeing those specs makes me really sad when I see how the gamepad R&D prevented the system from achieving those numbers, but also I see that whoever decided to put a horrible CPU, the DDR RAM and the GPGPU was actually kind of thinking forward.
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby Berrix » 21 Jan 2013 22:38

KingBroly wrote:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509269

Theoretically...this is good Wii U news if true. Ignoring standard Console Number dick-waving, this would mean the Wii U and next Xbox run on similar architecture, making it a lot easier to get ports. This is ignoring GPU/CPU/Ram levels mind you. Basically it'd be easier to port something from 720 > Wii U or vice versa than 360 > PS3.

I also think, and this is just my opinion, that this would be a godsend for mid-tier development if it was true. This generation saw a very large decline in B/A/AA game development due to costs. Instead, developers opted to try and be the next big thing almost all the time, resulting in massive layoffs/closures. If this is true, you'd probably be able to develop for Wii U cheap, and port to 720/PS4. This would be a great boon for the entire industry.

Indeed, massive dick-waving aside (a whole lot of it it appears), if this was true it would be a godsend to developers, not just mid-tier. This would be ample opportunity to get multi-console games (somehow it's only called "ports" on a Nintendo console, even released in the same timeframe). Though like always, expect the doom and gloom nonsense for this, once again even if it's false.

But if it is indeed true, potential Wii U games would be inbound.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby KingBroly » 21 Jan 2013 23:38

ddddd wrote:Seeing those specs makes me really sad when I see how the gamepad R&D prevented the system from achieving those numbers, but also I see that whoever decided to put a horrible CPU, the DDR RAM and the GPGPU was actually kind of thinking forward.

Well, the 720 has a 1.6ghz CPU, but the difference is that it has a 8 cores compared to Wii U's 3. They're just both more efficient. It's just that someone bitched publicly, and now everyone thinks it's slow compared to current gen when it's not.

I agree about the Gamepad though. I have to wonder how much of the system's cost is in it.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby Sammet » 22 Jan 2013 10:22

EU Nintendo Direct tomorrow about new games. Maybe some firm release dates?

PM me and I'll add you to my 3DS - feel free to add my NNID for WiiU too!
Sammet
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: Samwiise
3DS: 0817-3844-7533
Wii: 6169 7599 9537 5328

Postby KingBroly » 22 Jan 2013 10:44

I'm guessing Resident Evil: Revelations Unveiled Edition for Wii U is announced during this.

During the latest Capcom Video Podcast (47:40 to be precise) it was mentioned that a Wii U game would be announced in the next 48 hours. It wouldn't be a new game, nor necessarily exclusive. So...yup. Going with that.

I'll also guess the release date of Aliens Colonial Marines and the reveal of Tomb Raider for Wii U.

EDIT:
It's first party software/services only. Dang.

I guess it's the Virtual Console then.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby Jirachi » 22 Jan 2013 12:19

weird this looks to be uk only,maybe they'll announce america and japan directs later.
My favorite zelda game is Twilight Princess and Jirachi is my favorite pokemon <3 skype:SSBBKING

My youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR-OCE ... a9XCznbJ6A
Jirachi
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Jirachifan
3DS: 1848-1701-2271
Wii: 5376-4745-6865-7604
PSN: TCDFTW
XBL: N and 360 fan

Postby Sammet » 22 Jan 2013 12:26

We don't have Nintendo TVii here yet so maybe that'll be included. I'd be happy with some info on that, then firm release dates for W101, Pikmin 3, and Lego City plus a trailer for Revelations.
PM me and I'll add you to my 3DS - feel free to add my NNID for WiiU too!
Sammet
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: Samwiise
3DS: 0817-3844-7533
Wii: 6169 7599 9537 5328

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 22 Jan 2013 13:05

Nintendo just announced a US Direct on Facebook. They say it's going to be Wii U focused.
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: TriforceoftheGod
3DS: 2921-9263-7348
Steam ID: TriforceoftheGods
PSN: TriforceoftheGod

Postby Olinad » 22 Jan 2013 13:37

Wii U Direct
Nintendo Games

Well we know what they're going to talk about :D
Olinad
Flicky
Flicky

Wii U - System Transfer Question

Postby ninjaTOASTY » 24 Jan 2013 18:47

I have a quick question about the Wii-to-Wii U system transfer. My brother and I shared the same Wii system, and have quite a few Virtual Console games downloaded on it. Since I'm now in college and he's still at home, we both decided to get our own Wii U's. Since you could only do the transfer once, we decided not to do it to be fair to both of us.
Recently I thought of an idea, but I'm not sure if it would work. After copying all the save data from the Wii onto an SD card, would I be able to take that data and copy it to a second SD card, so that way we both can have the data to transfer to our separate Wii U's? Or is there something I'm missing?
ninjaTOASTY
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: TOASTY
3DS: 0903-2738-6276
Steam ID: ninjaTOASTY

Re: Wii U - System Transfer Question

Postby ddddd » 24 Jan 2013 21:11

ninjaTOASTY wrote:I have a quick question about the Wii-to-Wii U system transfer. My brother and I shared the same Wii system, and have quite a few Virtual Console games downloaded on it. Since I'm now in college and he's still at home, we both decided to get our own Wii U's. Since you could only do the transfer once, we decided not to do it to be fair to both of us.
Recently I thought of an idea, but I'm not sure if it would work. After copying all the save data from the Wii onto an SD card, would I be able to take that data and copy it to a second SD card, so that way we both can have the data to transfer to our separate Wii U's? Or is there something I'm missing?

I believe this is the case. Except obviously the games that had internet connection you may be able to manually transfer the save data.
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby FadedAreWii » 25 Jan 2013 04:22

It's not gonna work like that. YOu have to put the card into your Wii U first to start the transfer, so I'm pretty sure it will only transfer onto the Wii U it is initially in. I wouldn't do it, cause it will only end up on one Wii U.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

PreviousNext

Return to WiiU / Wii