Wii U - The "everything" Info Thread

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Re: Wii U - The "everything" Info Thread

Postby ninjaTOASTY » 25 Jan 2013 15:02

FadedAreWii wrote:It's not gonna work like that. YOu have to put the card into your Wii U first to start the transfer, so I'm pretty sure it will only transfer onto the Wii U it is initially in. I wouldn't do it, cause it will only end up on one Wii U.

I figured as much, that's why I asked before doing anything. Thanks!
ninjaTOASTY
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: TOASTY
3DS: 0903-2738-6276
Steam ID: ninjaTOASTY

Postby FadedAreWii » 25 Jan 2013 19:56

If it's really that important to you, I'm sure it is, or will be, possible through homebrew.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: WiiareFaded

Postby KingBroly » 28 Jan 2013 17:32

In case anyone's been paying attention, it appears that Retro has recently hired a few Concept Artists from Vigil Games over the past few months. In case you haven't seen concept art from Darksiders 1 or 2, give it a look. They're awesome.

My wheels have been turning on the matter, and needless to say, two things come to mind:
#1 - I'm getting hyped
#2 - I might need to change my signature soon
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 28 Jan 2013 23:59

KingBroly wrote:In case anyone's been paying attention, it appears that Retro has recently hired a few Concept Artists from Vigil Games over the past few months. In case you haven't seen concept art from Darksiders 1 or 2, give it a look. They're awesome.

My wheels have been turning on the matter, and needless to say, two things come to mind:
#1 - I'm getting hyped
#2 - I might need to change my signature soon

Retro remaking Megaman 9 confirmed.
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Broken_Cartridge
PSN: Stephen5543

Postby Berrix » 29 Jan 2013 03:22

The ideas and hopes are pretty endless. The part that worries me is Nintendo never mentioned who's making Mario Kart U, which very well can be Retro. Chances are high that it isn't. But... Damn that dampers my enthusiasm for what they may be able to announce.

Though this is unlikely, I would love for them to announce a revisit to the Project HAMMER game once conceptualized early in the Wii era. Think of it;

That art remastered by Vigil artists.

This playing in HD with Retro flare.

I feel warm and fuzzy to that thought.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Postby KoopaStomper27 » 30 Jan 2013 06:10

Berrix wrote:The ideas and hopes are pretty endless. The part that worries me is Nintendo never mentioned who's making Mario Kart U, which very well can be Retro. Chances are high that it isn't. But... Damn that dampers my enthusiasm for what they may be able to announce.

Though this is unlikely, I would love for them to announce a revisit to the Project HAMMER game once conceptualized early in the Wii era. Think of it;

That art remastered by Vigil artists.

This playing in HD with Retro flare.

I feel warm and fuzzy to that thought.

That would be pretty awesome.

BTW, did anyone notice a few small updates to Miiverse? A few examples being:

-Switching between all communities and your chosen favorite communities on the main menu(Which includes favs from all regions).
-An improved comment screen design including easier selection of facial emotions for your Mii.
-On every community, you can now switch between all posts shown and the most popular posts.
-Also on each game community, a link now to head to that game's info and purchase option on Wii U EShop.

That's pretty much what I saw; Anyone else see anything different? Nice little changes from Nintendo BTW. :D
To all 3DS and Wii U users; Hit me up with a request so we can be friends!! :D
KoopaStomper27
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: KoopaStomper27
3DS: 146164029432
Wii: 3337667015076641
XBL: MatthewKing1985

Postby KingBroly » 30 Jan 2013 10:34

Nintendo updated Miiverse last night/this morning.

- Favorite Communities are now on the front of Miiverse (It's no longer under profile)
- If you scroll down, a 'to top' button appears at the top right of the touch screen
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby ddddd » 30 Jan 2013 11:30

Could this be this part of the "emergency maintenance" they were going to do?
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby KingBroly » 30 Jan 2013 11:53

Probably. And it wasn't really emergency maintenance from what I've heard.

Video of the changes:
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 30 Jan 2013 12:06

Pretty sure there's been an option two switch between recent and most popular posts for awhile (day 1?). Other changes sound nice, some were mentioned in the Direct right?
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: TriforceoftheGod
3DS: 2921-9263-7348
Steam ID: TriforceoftheGods
PSN: TriforceoftheGod

Postby FadedAreWii » 30 Jan 2013 14:37

If Retro were to revisit anything, it should be Raven Blade.

Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby Berrix » 30 Jan 2013 20:17

FadedAreWii wrote:If Retro were to revisit anything, it should be Raven Blade.

Trust me I would love this more than anything as I am a fan of the the classic fantasy settings, though I think that chance is long gone by now. Not even sure how well received it would be nowadays. Though I think the combo of Vigil artists and Retro programmers and a Nintendo overseer works very well with Project HAMMER than it does with Raven Blade... As I probably see the Nintendo rep changing it into Zelda (a la same tactic with Dinosaur Planet).
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby FadedAreWii » 31 Jan 2013 01:29

I could see Zelda-like, but they wouldn't make it Zelda, unless maybe it's a spin-off title in the Zelda universe, but Zelda-like goes well with Vigil, but I see where you are coming from with Project HAMMER too. I'd like to see either-or, but we probably won't get either, lol. I'm sure it will be a Nintendo franchise game like another Donkey Kong or Metroid, or a Star Fox or F-Zero revival.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby Berrix » 31 Jan 2013 05:48

I would really hate to see Retro forced into another "revival" of a franchise, they have so much potential and talent outside making that. I want to see what they can do if Nintendo loosened it's franchise reigns from their throats.

Trust me, Raven Blade was my game of choice if I had to choose either, but several factors tell me why it's a more of a lost cause than HAMMER is/was. Though I can see HAMMER benefiting from the mechanics and the like from Darksiders very well.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby ddddd » 31 Jan 2013 09:46

http://i.imgur.com/viCpyWz.jpg

http://i.minus.com/ibxgpQBxxPab7C.gif

The waiting for this game is painful.

PS: Is there any chance Gonintendo will update the size restriction for images? or at least implement an auto down-scaling for large images?
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby cortjezter » 31 Jan 2013 11:41

If it doesn't fit in the layout, byot = bring your own thumbnail. Most image hosts still provide those, right?
cortjezter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam ID: cortjezter
Wii: 4659 4316 9119 3027
PSN: cortjezter
XBL: cortjezter

Postby ddddd » 31 Jan 2013 12:26

cortjezter wrote:If it doesn't fit in the layout, byot = bring your own thumbnail. Most image hosts still provide those, right?

I think so, but its harder to find if the image wasn't uploaded by oneself, and the original user only posts the full image link.

Edit: I just noticed that eShop also looks different now, different arrangement of the titles (or that is usual on eshop?)
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby KingBroly » 31 Jan 2013 20:38

Wii U's eShop changes its' arrangement weekly.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby FadedAreWii » 01 Feb 2013 01:25

Berrix wrote:I would really hate to see Retro forced into another "revival" of a franchise, they have so much potential and talent outside making that. I want to see what they can do if Nintendo loosened it's franchise reigns from their throats.

Trust me, Raven Blade was my game of choice if I had to choose either, but several factors tell me why it's a more of a lost cause than HAMMER is/was. Though I can see HAMMER benefiting from the mechanics and the like from Darksiders very well.

As much as I would like to see them ALSO working on an original project, I'll have to slightly disagree with you again, because I'd so much love to have a good console Star Fox again, let-alone WiiUHD Star Fox. Same goes for F-Zero. It's due time for the franchises to return and I hope at least one of them is in Retro's hands.

edit: getting in dreamland, I'm sure people would scoff at another Star Fox with ground missions, but let's just imagine that it would be good without question, and we have Retro making it and ground missions are FPS Prime-style. Let's just dream and give the benefit of the doubt that Retro would balance ground and air amounts perfectly and Air combat would be amazing like Star Fox should be. *drool*

I wouldn't expect that if they get Star Fox though, 'cause I'm sure "fans" screaming would prevent ground missions from going back into a SF title, but if merged perfectly with Prime, I'd want to give it a chance, that's for damn sure. And let's face it, Star Fox kinda runs into the same problem Sonic has, where it's likely to be too short with just air-based missions.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby KingBroly » 01 Feb 2013 12:59

Well, here's a couple of facts about Retro's game (assuming it's only one):

- They had crunch time last year supposedly (Gives the impression that the game went to Alpha or Beta)
- The game will not have realistic-looking graphics (The game will be colorful)
- Retro hired concept artists from Junction Point (Epic Mickey), Vigil Games (Darksiders), Bioware Austin (TOR)
- Retro hired programmers from Naughty Dog, Vigil Games

The rumors going around is that it's some kind of action game or fps. Given that it's going to be non-realistic, the former seems more likely.

EDIT: Hey Guys, EA is at it again! Madden 25 was not announced for Wii U. Shock and Awe
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby gtt » 01 Feb 2013 13:56

KingBroly wrote:Well, here's a couple of facts about Retro's game (assuming it's only one):

- They had crunch time last year supposedly (Gives the impression that the game went to Alpha or Beta)
- Retro hired concept artists from Junction Point (Epic Mickey), Vigil Games (Darksiders), Bioware Austin (TOR)

The rumors going around is that it's some kind of action game or fps. Given that it's going to be non-realistic, the former seems more likely.

EDIT: Hey Guys, EA is at it again! Madden 25 was not announced for Wii U. Shock and Awe

did they really name it madden 25? checking....

they totally did. and the announcement doesn't mention any systems as far as I can tell.

however, it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't on the Wiiu, and a shame, madden is pretty much the only multiplatform release I think I would rather buy on WiiU more than other systems.
gtt
Kwisatz Haderach

NN ID: supergtt
3DS: 3394-3550-1815

Postby KingBroly » 01 Feb 2013 14:00

It's PS3/360 only. No Vita version, no 3DS version (no shocker since the first one was unplayable), no Wii version.

MY thinking is that they release Madden '14 on PS4/720/WiiU in November or some bullshit like that. Keep in mind they can't officially unveil Madden for PS4/720 until those consoles are formally announced. It's possible there's some kind of anti-next gen announcement clause from Sony/MS for Nintendo in there, but it'd be odd.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby gtt » 01 Feb 2013 14:06

KingBroly wrote:It's PS3/360 only. No Vita version, no 3DS version (no shocker since the first one was unplayable), no Wii version.

MY thinking is that they release Madden '14 on PS4/720/WiiU in November or some bullshit like that.

oh well, I understand why they aren't releasing it on systems where it won't sell, especially in light of EA's financial situation, they are probably going to stop doing anything that isn't day 1 profitable. It's a cash in designed to separate the people who buy madden every year from 60$.

ironically I feel like it's EAs attempts to make things more profitable (microtransactions in deadspace, making deadspace a generic action game, online passes, etc) which is making them less and less so.
gtt
Kwisatz Haderach

NN ID: supergtt
3DS: 3394-3550-1815

Postby KingBroly » 01 Feb 2013 14:22

I'd like the general premise of an online pass if it meant that the game's servers would never be shut down and if a major manufacturer didn't charge for online already. EA went from hated to a Gamer's Delight to hated again all in the span of one generation. They don't come up with anything new. They want to beat Activision, but Activision comes out with things that are new and never seen before that hits a good portion of the market. EA doesn't. On top of that, Activision doesn't go out of its' way to piss people off like EA does on a consistent basis.

If a Wii U version of Madden comes out in November (which I think it will) it will be released alongside $60 versions of the PS4/720 versions, which will give EA an excuse to charge extra for it given the time-frame, release it late (probably gimped as well), and simultaneously treat it as next gen while making it look gimped graphically in comparison to the other two.

To be honest, I'm more surprised by the lack of a Vita version than I am a Wii U version since EA has been trumpeting Madden on PSP and Vita.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby Berrix » 01 Feb 2013 14:50

FadedAreWii wrote:As much as I would like to see them ALSO working on an original project, I'll have to slightly disagree with you again, because I'd so much love to have a good console Star Fox again, let-alone WiiUHD Star Fox. Same goes for F-Zero. It's due time for the franchises to return and I hope at least one of them is in Retro's hands.

edit: getting in dreamland, I'm sure people would scoff at another Star Fox with ground missions, but let's just imagine that it would be good without question, and we have Retro making it and ground missions are FPS Prime-style. Let's just dream and give the benefit of the doubt that Retro would balance ground and air amounts perfectly and Air combat would be amazing like Star Fox should be. *drool*

I wouldn't expect that if they get Star Fox though, 'cause I'm sure "fans" screaming would prevent ground missions from going back into a SF title, but if merged perfectly with Prime, I'd want to give it a chance, that's for damn sure. And let's face it, Star Fox kinda runs into the same problem Sonic has, where it's likely to be too short with just air-based missions.

Ugh... Prime, please let us not soil Star Fox with that same tripe. Retro has talent and tenacity to do what they did with the Prime series and I commend them for that. But, ew, please no. Please, just no.

Though my disgust with Prime series aside, not saying I do not want a new F-Zero or Star Fox (though pretty sure a classic route for Star Fox is in order), but I do want Retro to be doing something else. Nintendo has apparently collaborated with many third parties recently, with Namco on SSB4, Atlus on SMTxFE, and supposedly working with SEGA and Capcom as well. We have yet to see the fruition of those partnerships and hope to see SEGA do what they did with F-Zero GX and give us mind blowing games.

Maybe my reasoning to myself about Retro making something new is my desire to see what THEY can come up with is what makes me see the other potential elsewhere. But damnit! I do not want another Prime!

KingBroly wrote:Well, here's a couple of facts about Retro's game (assuming it's only one):

This helps further my hopes, though. You tease!

As for EA; They're probably pretty deep on my shovel to where I can see the simple symbol of their logo and immediately loose all interest.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

PreviousNext

Return to WiiU / Wii