Wii U - The "everything" Info Thread

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Re: Wii U - The "everything" Info Thread

Postby KingBroly » 20 Mar 2013 18:55

A preview of changes/additions: http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format ... 8200672492

- Reworked Boss Fights
- "Visual Improvements"
- Minimap (lol)
- New Game +
- Developer Commentary
- The Official Strategy Guide is built into the game (that's...kinda interesting)
- Miiverse Achievements (From the original game, Missing Link DLC and new ones)

So...it's a 2-year old port...but with effort. Seemingly, A LOT of effort.
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby Berrix » 20 Mar 2013 20:15

KingBroly wrote:So...it's a 2-year old port...but with effort. Seemingly, A LOT of effort.

Wow, a lot indeed.

Still, there was much better choices to port to the Wii U than Deus Ex. Thief, Tomb Raider both being more mildly fresh to keep some players interested. By this point many gamers wanting this game already have it.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 20 Mar 2013 21:26

I thought Deus Ex was a fantastic game. I never finished it because of the boss fights. They were originally outsourced and the company that they outsourced it to didn't really know how the rest of the game was. So if you had a stealthy character the boss fights were pretty hard to fight (almost impossible to be stealthy in them)
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Broken_Cartridge
PSN: Stephen5543

Postby KingBroly » 20 Mar 2013 21:51

It supports off-tv play too. So...they're adding almost everything they can seemingly think of. Jeez...still, I've gone from 'what the hell, this is a complete embarassment' to '*Raised Eyebrow' in a short time period.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby jlatimer11 » 20 Mar 2013 22:27

KingBroly wrote:It supports off-tv play too. So...they're adding almost everything they can seemingly think of. Jeez...still, I've gone from 'what the hell, this is a complete embarassment' to '*Raised Eyebrow' in a short time period.

Seems like they fixed some if not all of the complaints people had about the original game.
jlatimer11
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: jlatimer11
3DS: 1891-1333-7003
PSN: jlatimer11
XBL: jmlat

Postby LSF22 » 20 Mar 2013 23:03

I agree that it all sounds really good, but having already bought the game before for the 360, i can't see myself paying a high price for this. Its unfortunate for the developer that this might be the case for a decent amount of Wii U owners. Had i never bought it, the game, plus the extras, would be worth it.
LSF22
Boo
Boo

NN ID: LionsFan
XBL: xxLSF22xx

Postby FadedAreWii » 21 Mar 2013 15:38

All that effort should be put towards something else. It's guaranteed not to sell. They aren't going to market it and no one is going to buy a 2 year old port, especially because they won't market all the extra effort that has went into it. It's a game I may pick up, but we all know it's a waste of time and will end up an excuse not to make more games on the system. I hope for surprise sells and future support that isn't ports, but chances are extremely slim.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: WiiareFaded

Postby Zug Zug » 21 Mar 2013 15:44

Good to hear they redid the boss fights. I might double dip.
Zug Zug
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby Berrix » 21 Mar 2013 19:40

FadedAreWii wrote:All that effort should be put towards something else. It's guaranteed not to sell. They aren't going to market it and no one is going to buy a 2 year old port, especially because they won't market all the extra effort that has went into it. It's a game I may pick up, but we all know it's a waste of time and will end up an excuse not to make more games on the system. I hope for surprise sells and future support that isn't ports, but chances are extremely slim.

It's still going to sell, the amount of people I have seen excited for this via their personal Facebook seems to show promise. The more precise question was if the sales are worth the port. Which, in comparison to a fresher release, may not been the best decision. Though I can't say it's going to murder them if the release it.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby gtt » 21 Mar 2013 21:43

FadedAreWii wrote:All that effort should be put towards something else. It's guaranteed not to sell. They aren't going to market it and no one is going to buy a 2 year old port, especially because they won't market all the extra effort that has went into it. It's a game I may pick up, but we all know it's a waste of time and will end up an excuse not to make more games on the system. I hope for surprise sells and future support that isn't ports, but chances are extremely slim.

I think if this had been sold as a 10$ or 15$ dlc for the existing deus ex owners, it would make them much more money than a wiiu port.
gtt
Kwisatz Haderach

NN ID: supergtt
3DS: 3394-3550-1815

Postby Sammet » 22 Mar 2013 10:29

HMV are selling Wii U premiums (Nintendo Land) plus ZombiU for £199 :o

Get 'em whilst they last... (whilst HMV last too as they're going under)
PM me and I'll add you to my 3DS - feel free to add my NNID for WiiU too!
Sammet
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: Samwiise
3DS: 0817-3844-7533
Wii: 6169 7599 9537 5328

Postby J0RdAnN » 22 Mar 2013 14:13

So Capcom announced DuckTales Remastered is coming to the WiiU eShop, That gives us 3 Wayforward games to look forward too this year.
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby Chosenoneknuckles » 22 Mar 2013 16:48

Sammet wrote:HMV are selling Wii U premiums (Nintendo Land) plus ZombiU for £199 :o

Get 'em whilst they last... (whilst HMV last too as they're going under)

Didn't someone buy them out at the last second? :?
Chosenoneknuckles
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Chosenoneknux
3DS: 1590-4669-5649

Postby LSF22 » 22 Mar 2013 17:00

I wish there was more to alert you than a small flashing light around the home button when you get a message or someone comes online. I never had to worry about it before, but now that I'm playing Monster Hunter, its nice to know when you get a message or someone is playing the game. It doesn't need to be as big as what the 360 does(can't remember what PS3 does), but anything would be better than a tiny light on a controller i barely look at when I'm playing a game.
LSF22
Boo
Boo

Postby ddddd » 22 Mar 2013 20:32

LSF22 wrote:I wish there was more to alert you than a small flashing light around the home button when you get a message or someone comes online. I never had to worry about it before, but now that I'm playing Monster Hunter, its nice to know when you get a message or someone is playing the game. It doesn't need to be as big as what the 360 does(can't remember what PS3 does), but anything would be better than a tiny light on a controller i barely look at when I'm playing a game.

Id go with the notification banner that pops out in the gamepad's home menu but in-game and less intrusive (smaller, and semi-transparent perhaps)

Any chance we'll get a Nintendo Direct next week?
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby KingBroly » 22 Mar 2013 21:15

In case people missed it (I was sick), Capcom announced a remake that is coming to everything, Wii U included, this summer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPaBBE_elTc

WOO
OO
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby bomblord » 23 Mar 2013 00:12

KingBroly wrote:In case people missed it (I was sick), Capcom announced a remake that is coming to everything, Wii U included, this summer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPaBBE_elTc

WOO
OO

That song is so incredibly catchy; I remember watching the cartoon as a kid.
bomblord
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby ddddd » 29 Mar 2013 09:44

Tons of shots of the Miiverse GDC panel

http://www.inside-games.jp/iphone/media.php?id=359913
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby FadedAreWii » 29 Mar 2013 19:17

I think maybe a simple fix to the messaging could be the option to have a little envelope like Monster Hunter 3 that sticks to the screen, but move it up in the corner. Could have options to have it stick for only so long, but I'd be happy with even the simplest way.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby Berrix » 30 Mar 2013 13:17

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yac ... ight/posts

An update on Shovel Knight's progress into the Wii U and their stretch goals.

Really feeling the way they discussed achievements, how they don't want just stock ones. Major respect for that. Curious if they'll be making in-game rewards attached to these in both systems.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby LSF22 » 03 Apr 2013 00:18

FadedAreWii wrote:I think maybe a simple fix to the messaging could be the option to have a little envelope like Monster Hunter 3 that sticks to the screen, but move it up in the corner. Could have options to have it stick for only so long, but I'd be happy with even the simplest way.

Yeah, a little flashing envelope up in the corner would be great. Combine that with being able to message friends without having to go to Miiverse, and its even better. Having to load up a separate app just to look at messages kinda sucks. I didn't worry about it before because i wasn't playing anything online, but now that I'm trying to message friends and set up some Monster Hunter, it makes it a bit more difficult than it needs to be.

I doubt the April update will do this considering they are focusing on decreasing load times, but i hope something is in the works for the summer update.
LSF22
Boo
Boo

Postby FadedAreWii » 05 Apr 2013 13:20

CoD online players at last check - 2238

Monster Hunter Players online - 1193

Are we to assume that update is only going to speed up going back to the Wii U menu, or do we know if it is going to be all loading between all apps/transitions, etc?
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby ddddd » 05 Apr 2013 21:28

FadedAreWii wrote:CoD online players at last check - 2238

Are we to assume that update is only going to speed up going back to the Wii U menu, or do we know if it is going to be all loading between all apps/transitions, etc?

So far we've been told its for game launching and closing. There is no other info about this update yet.

I feel like a ND is coming next week for some reason.
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby KingBroly » 05 Apr 2013 22:55

ddddd wrote:
FadedAreWii wrote:CoD online players at last check - 2238

So far we've been told its for game launching and closing. There is no other info about this update yet.

I feel like a ND is coming next week for some reason.

The MH numbers are probably a bit deceiving since EU and NA servers aren't compatible yet.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby FighterKirby » 06 Apr 2013 02:23

I don't know how many of you use Miiverse on a regular basis, or understand the "community", but I wanna know your thoughts on the strictness of the post filtering. I know way too many people on there who have been banned, and a majority permanently banned, for sharing 3DS FCs or drawing pictures that require the knowledge of all things sexual to consider it inappropriate. One friend of mine was perma-banned after only one offense and lost all her wonderful art. It was only because she traded 3DS FCs in answer to a request. I hate how there's no way to plead not guilty for offenses like that. While Miiverse isn't a dedicated art community, I can't imagine losing 100+ posts of doodles for one mistake and being okay with it.

I'm just thankful they don't monitor Messages. That is probably one of the only Nintendo-related social services (or sub-service, I don't know.) that has absolutely no rules to it.
3DS Friend Code: 3866-8009-2295
PM me if you want to exchange codes!
FighterKirby
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: DreamRKirby
3DS: 3866-8009-2295

PreviousNext

Return to WiiU / Wii