Mass Effect and the scum that is EA

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Re: Mass Effect and the scum that is EA

Postby J0RdAnN » 06 Oct 2012 18:46

KingBroly wrote:I imagine the PS3 version of ME1 will come with Bringing Down the Sky and Arrival.

Yep it does.
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby CannonSpike » 06 Oct 2012 22:17

Bit disappointed in EA on this move. This a huge blow for Nintendo fans.
CannonSpike
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Phant0mG4m3r » 07 Oct 2012 06:02

3rd parties were more than willing to watch Nintendo exit the hardware business with the Wii. Even when they were proven wrong, they still sought to create an industry where Nintendo would be an afterthought. Unless Nintendo sweetheart deals the entire industry (ie: Bayonetta 2, Ninja Gaiden 3, Monster Hunter), I expect the same treatment from companies like EA.
Phant0mG4m3r
Goomba
Goomba

Postby lazerbyte » 02 Dec 2012 04:54

EA is a horrible company as they are notorious for swallowing companies and burning everyone out and keeping the IP like they did with Bioware! It's ashame too as Bioware was a good company and now with the two Dr's gone its gonna be a whole different company now.
lazerbyte
Chocobo
Chocobo

PSN: Lazerbyte

Postby Dmolisher » 02 Dec 2012 06:55

I originally didn't believe the rumors that EA was throwing a temper tantrum when Nintendo refused to let them control their online network for them, but then they announced the cheaper trilogy before ME3 for Wii U.. I'm not saying EA isn't the kind to try to make a quick buck, but I bet if the deal was made that Trilogy would've been announced later either at the same price or with a Wii U version too.
Dmolisher
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby Steel Diver » 02 Dec 2012 14:46

To be fair as much as a jerk move releasing the Trilogy on the other systems is, 3 is still really good on Wii U.
Check out my gaming website at http://www.gamerthoughts.net
My 3DS and Vita are friends.
Steel Diver
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: SteelDiver
3DS: 4596 9453 4979

Postby TheLastBlade » 02 Dec 2012 15:46

Mass Effect 3 SUCKS. I dunno why people would play that garbage AGAIN.
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Postby SDDMN » 13 Dec 2012 02:39

EA's not on my list of favorite third party companies anyway, pretty much every franchise they have doesn't interest me a lot like a Sonic title from Sega, or a Tekken title from Namco would.
SDDMN
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: SDDMN25
3DS: 4596-9457-8127

Postby BowsersLoveChild » 13 Dec 2012 08:01

SDDMN wrote:EA's not on my list of favorite third party companies anyway, pretty much every franchise they have doesn't interest me a lot like a Sonic title from Sega, or a Tekken title from Namco would.

I HATE EA, and have no qualms in saying that. The money grubbing bastards.

Besides, I'm more intrigued by Japanese developers hopping on board; as far as I'm concerned Japanese game developers > western game developers. It's all the same anyway, guns - fist bumps - Madden etc........ You get some truly classic titles now and again, but where is the originality?

I'll be over here playing Little Inferno.
Bowser-Is-My-Father on IGN & Nintendo Enthusiast
Nintendo Original since 1984
Loving the Wii U, IGNoring the haters
BowsersLoveChild
Fairy
Fairy

Postby GeneticRepoMan » 17 Dec 2012 16:34

KingBroly wrote:I imagine the PS3 version of ME1 will come with Bringing Down the Sky and Arrival.

This isn't directed towards you KingBroly, since this was posted in October before we had any info on the PS3 trilogy, but just wanted to post this anyhow if anyone reads this and is curious:

The PS3 version of Mass Effect 1 only contains Bringing Down the Sky, the other DLC available for the game was corrupted or something and unable to be brought over.

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand.

Had the Trilogy came to Wii U I would have paid $60 for it and gotten it day 1, as it stands though since EA is treating the Wii U this way I went the PS3 route and will be able to get the Trilogy for about $50. Not a HUGE savings, but a savings none the less. And heck, I may even go the used route on ME2 or 3, so that's even more EA has lost from me for not porting the trilogy to Wii U. I understand getting the Trilogy on Wii U would have been more work, but I really think their investment would have paid off.

Sure, ME3 contains a comic with the major decisions from ME1 and 2, but after playing ME1, I'm really glad I experienced it for myself rather through a comic. These games are best enjoyed by actually experiencing them and seeing the Trilogy available on Wii U is A LOT more enticing then having to start the series on the last game. . .and people who played the other two on PS3 or Xbox 360 would be even less enticed to play it due to their decisions and stats not crossing over to the Wii U version.

As a PS3/360/Wii/U (by christmas) owner, this really doesn't effect massively but they totally dropped the ball and I'll just take my business elsewhere.

It just sucks that Wii U only owners get the short end of the stick.
If you add me on any platform, shoot me a PM and let me know!
GeneticRepoMan
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: GeneticRepoMan
3DS: 3952-7010-8227
PSN: darkfire0

Postby Magolor » 18 Dec 2012 18:20

Yeah. It seems a bit pointless that PS3 owners get £40 for three times the game that Wii U owners get for the same price.

While it seems to be a bit of a dead horse. EA is seriously a hateable game company. They own so many developers and all the potenial that they have is crushed by EA's iron fist. I mean, look at DiCE. They clearly know how to make a good game. I was initally a fan of Battlefield 3 as it seemed to try and break from the COD flavoured rut that the FPS genre that it is in. Unfourtuantly, the whiff of the greatness of Battlefield 2 was overshadowed by the sheer amount of blandness that it had. The last game didn't have a single-player mode. It didn't need to. The Battlefield series in the end is now what the third game tried to break from. A COD clone.

Dead space now is forced to have co-op, further seperating it from the genre it tried to be. As before, the devs clearly know how to make a game. Dead space is a very polished series. They just are forced under the control of EA. Not to mention one of the few good games by EA's slaves (Kingdoms of Alamur: Reckoning) had its devs fired.

Now time for Bioware. They also have potential, I never cared for the Mass Effect games, but I could see why other people would like it. Dragon age 1 is kickass as well. But Bioware are a good company, and I do think that if they left EA they could reach their full potential (Which is the reason I'm mildly intrested in the Non-EA Bioware game Sonic Chronicles: the Dark Brotherhood) I mean their games go off to great starts but then slowly become transformed under EA's control. While I do realise that video games are a buisiness. I do think that they should do it because they love it, and not just a way to make money (Like many IOS devs that just make a game for a quick buck and call it "Indie"
Magolor
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: MagolorTheGreat
Steam ID: FlakkTheGreat

Postby lazerbyte » 21 Jan 2013 06:35

Now if you look at Bioware the to doctors that started the company have left and many of the main developers such as the lead writer Daniel Erikson and some other important people.

This is due to EA being like an Amoeba and all they want is the ip they don't care about the company and the people that work for it they just want Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Star Wars the Old Republic etc!

Once they get the company they merge it into theirs and implement all their rules and conditions and I know for a fact that EA is a horrible horrible company to work for and they get good people and work them to death and burn them out.

If you remember a few years ago there was a class action lawsuit as EA was making their employees work long hours without overtime or compensation and EA lost and had to pay huge payouts to the people affected and there was a term known as getting EA'd when that would happen.

Just because you are a large company doesn't mean you are the best as most of the games EA puts out is complete garbage or they take a good franchise and destroy it!

A good example of this is Dead Space 3. The game just looks like Dead Space 2.0 with more multiplayer. Why do all games need multiplayer ooh let's take Final Fantasy and add a multiplayer component to it or any RPG for that matter. Some games don't need multiplayer as they are designed to be a single player experience!

It will be interesting to see what happens with Dragon Age 3 since most all the good people left the company and EA will have full control over it!

I have lost total faith in EA and Dragon Age 3 will really have to WoW me in order for me to purchase it.

OH and that online pass crap they need to stop that! Why should someone have to fork over $10 to get online access to stuff that should be free. You're going to charge me $10 so I can access your network to buy download content. If I have to pay to access to buy content I am not going to do it!

EA you can Suck it!!
lazerbyte
Chocobo
Chocobo

PSN: Lazerbyte

Postby Koopzilla » 02 Feb 2013 00:32

I think the term "scum" is giving EA too much credit.
Koopzilla
Nintendo Power Player

NN ID: Koopzilla
3DS: 2793-0595-9972

Postby HammerGalladeBro » 02 Feb 2013 03:18

Now with the recent MADden 25 fiasco, I'm glad I haven't bought any EA (read: Egomaniac A$$e$) game, and as a matter of fact, I think I haven't played any of their games (unless you count the BioWare-developed Sonic Chronicles), not gonna support their anti-Nintendo conspiracy, they can take their business decisions and shove them where the sun doesn't light. I hate how they think they're one of the best developers/publishers, when in reality, they're one of the worst. I think it's companies like EA that will cause a Second Videogame Crash, and I expect to see their heads rolling when that day arrives.

lazerbyte wrote:OH and that online pass crap they need to stop that! Why should someone have to fork over $10 to get online access to stuff that should be free. You're going to charge me $10 so I can access your network to buy download content. If I have to pay to access to buy content I am not going to do it!

EA you can Suck it!!

This! Especially when the serves only last like 2 years at best. Where goes the money of the online passes which is supposed to maintain servers?
HammerGalladeBro
Toad
Toad

NN ID: AHammerGalladeB
Steam ID: HammerGalladeBro
Wii: 2969 2823 0139 0622

Previous

Return to WiiU / Wii