Nintendo Land

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Re: Nintendo Land

Postby Autosaver » 22 Nov 2012 21:18

Yeah, I found out when my brother started messing around with his Wii Remote when I was racing in F-Zero.
Autosaver
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Autosaver

Postby KingBroly » 22 Nov 2012 22:22

Wait, it's for every single player game? WTH? I only found out about it for DK because someone told me about it on Miiverse.
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby Gamingboy » 24 Nov 2012 00:32

I wish Nintendo Land was a real theme park. Open one in Japan and one in America. Make some type of sweetheart deal with Disney if you have to. Profit.
Gamingboy
Goomba
Goomba

Postby KingBroly » 24 Nov 2012 04:38

Man, getting Master Rank in some of the Metroid Challenges is BS. Using Charge Shots only against those Cyclos enemies is basically impossible. And you can't fire a Charge shot then shoot it with a normal blast because that counts against it. GRR.

EDIT:
Although it is interesting to note that there is far more Metroid content in Nintendo Land than any other game. More levels, more music, more prizes, etc. It's a very weird observation but interesting nonetheless.

Oh, and you seem to get Prizes based on what you've played recently.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby Autosaver » 25 Nov 2012 13:30

The Metroid game just reuses the same 5 arenas over and over, so I bet Nintendo could spend more time making challenges for it. Zelda and Pikmin are full games where you go through an entirely different level each time.

Also, the Metroid game was one of the first complete games at Wii U's reveal.
Autosaver
Boo
Boo

Postby linkgx1 » 26 Nov 2012 18:25

Autosaver wrote:The Metroid game just reuses the same 5 arenas over and over, so I bet Nintendo could spend more time making challenges for it. Zelda and Pikmin are full games where you go through an entirely different level each time.

Also, the Metroid game was one of the first complete games at Wii U's reveal.

I wish they would have made a more Prime-like mini game instead of the one we got. Oh well...
linkgx1
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: Linkgx1
PSN: Linkgx1
XBL: Linkgx1

Postby Asrialys » 29 Nov 2012 17:10

Haha, just to see if there would be any interference, I played Zelda: Battle Quest while in the bathroom, with the door closed, next to me room. The audio stuttered maybe a couple times, but the gameplay was absolutely smooth. Also Mastered Beginner during that test as well. Made a post about it on Miiverse :P
Asrialys
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: Asrialys

Postby KingBroly » 06 Dec 2012 00:53

Metroid Blast has 15 Stamps
Zelda Battle Quest has 10 Stamps
Pikmin Adventure has 10 Stamps

Ugh...I'm never going to get all these Stamps.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby Poopaloop » 07 Dec 2012 13:40

Did anybody get a digital code for this from Amazon UK when they were after a disk release?
I'm going all-digital this time but I have the disk, which is kind of bugging me. If someone would like to trade their code for a full retail release I'd be happy to trade! Everything is as it was when purchased, except I've used the Club Nintendo code! I'd really appreciate it if someone would be interested in trading with me!
A stupid drawing every day or your money back! Follow me on Twitter Facebook!
Poopaloop
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: RType88
3DS: 1118-0334-6460
PSN: rhughes88

Postby SigmaBen » 13 Dec 2012 18:53

Poopaloop wrote:Did anybody get a digital code for this from Amazon UK when they were after a disk release?
I'm going all-digital this time but I have the disk, which is kind of bugging me. If someone would like to trade their code for a full retail release I'd be happy to trade! Everything is as it was when purchased, except I've used the Club Nintendo code! I'd really appreciate it if someone would be interested in trading with me!

I know it's extremely unhelpful but if I had the code and didn't have a retail copy I would deffinately have swapped. I hate digital with a passion I love collecting physical things for display. I have all my games on a huge bookshelf :P

Have you tried various facebook groups? Or even tried looking on Miiverse. I'm sure there will be someone who'd swap the code with you. It's just finding them D:
http://sigmanine.net is my website :)
SigmaBen
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: SigmaBen

Postby Poopaloop » 14 Dec 2012 04:03

No, that's very helpful, I never thought to try Miiverse! Thanks a lot! :D
Although, you never know who you're gonna get on there, it's a shame nobody here seems to have one, I'd feel a lot more comfortable mailing it out to a GN member than a stranger!

Yeah, it's weird because I used to be ALL about the physical media. But I move my Wii U around a lot, so it's just a lot more convenient for me. And I don't like keeping all my disks in a sleeve since I had my PS3 one stolen :<
Poopaloop
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby KingBroly » 21 Dec 2012 23:00

I finally got past Level 24 in Metroid Blast. CHRISTMAS ON A CRACKER THAT THING IS HARD! Even without the strict 5 minute time limit, it took me using the Golden Helmet and using the Ship, getting down to 1 health to finally be able to beat it. I don't even see how that level is Masterable by yourself on foot. It seems impossible.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby ninjaTOASTY » 21 Dec 2012 23:47

KingBroly wrote:I finally got past Level 24 in Metroid Blast. CHRISTMAS ON A CRACKER THAT THING IS HARD! Even without the strict 5 minute time limit, it took me using the Golden Helmet and using the Ship, getting down to 1 health to finally be able to beat it. I don't even see how that level is Masterable by yourself on foot. It seems impossible.

Which level was that? I've actually Mastered them all in Metroid Blast, but the only one that gave me trouble was the Ice Ridley and Ridley battle (I can't remember if that's what you're talking about or not)
ninjaTOASTY
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: TOASTY
3DS: 0903-2738-6276
Steam ID: ninjaTOASTY
PSN: shinobiTOASTY
XBL: ninjaT0ASTY

Postby KingBroly » 22 Dec 2012 00:06

Kraid's Army. 5 minute limit. You have to do it with 1:00+ on the clock to master it.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby ninjaTOASTY » 22 Dec 2012 00:19

I just happened to get really lucky and Master it on my first try. It came really close though.

Does anyone else think that Metroid Blast's missions were easy to master? Most of the missions I mastered on my first try, and the others only took one or two tries (the exception being Ridley and Ice Ridely). With Zelda and Pikmin, I really have to work hard to master them, with some missions taking me hours to finally do so.
ninjaTOASTY
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: TOASTY
3DS: 0903-2738-6276
Steam ID: ninjaTOASTY
PSN: shinobiTOASTY
XBL: ninjaT0ASTY

Postby FadedAreWii » 22 Dec 2012 01:52

I'm having weird issues. I noticed on a friend's system that they have extra options in their plaza. They r able to veiw profiles and see posts and give them a yeah all from their Nintendo land plaza. I have no options whatsoever other than to see what all they have accomplished.

Another thing is that my miiverse shows all communities at 0 posts unless I switch it to Europe or Japan, but Americas always shows 0. I guess I'll probably have to hope it fixes in some future update unless anyone here knows any tricks.

edit/update:

Ok, I finally figured it all out. Accidently had miiverse in my NL plaza muted; the speach bubble with x was red. I'm dumb, lol.

As far as my Miiverse communities all being 0, I randomly started up Youtube and got an update for it which seems to have fixed the issue. Don't know what youtube should have to do with miiverse post counts, but, whatever, it's fixed.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: WiiareFaded

Postby Blazing Warwolf » 22 Dec 2012 08:30

FadedAreWii wrote:As far as my Miiverse communities all being 0, I randomly started up Youtube and got an update for it which seems to have fixed the issue. Don't know what youtube should have to do with miiverse post counts, but, whatever, it's fixed.

Wow, I'm SO glad you mentioned that because I thought my Wii U was broken or something and that I was the only one experiencing that weird glitch! Lol. I'll definitely try your solution and see if it works for me too. :) I noticed the 0 post thing a few days ago, and only on the American communities too. A little bit later after I first noticed the glitch, the numbers were back to normal, but the post number was reset back to 0 ever since and never returned to normal. Do you remember what you did before the post numbers were 0 that may have caused the glitch? I think what I may have done to trigger the glitch was pulling out the Wii U cable from the power outlet since my Wii U froze while using the Internet Browser. :/ Next time I checked Miiverse, the posts for America were 0. Did you unplug your Wii U too before you happened to notice the issue? Or maybe it was because of Nintendo TVii, because the glitch also coincidentally happened on the same day Nintendo TVii was available in America. Who knows?
Blazing Warwolf
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: Mario6400
3DS: 4811-6949-4441

Postby FadedAreWii » 22 Dec 2012 16:52

I've had to unplug for freezing a few times, especially while trying Hulu for the free month. I think it probably had more to do wit TVii launch like you mentioned, though I don't get why the youtube channel update fixed it. Let us know if it fixes it for you too.

Also, I get a lot less freezing if I give the system and miiverse time to load up completely. You know, let all the miis come out. That and avoid Hulu.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby KingBroly » 22 Dec 2012 17:33

ninjaTOASTY wrote:I just happened to get really lucky and Master it on my first try. It came really close though.

Does anyone else think that Metroid Blast's missions were easy to master? Most of the missions I mastered on my first try, and the others only took one or two tries (the exception being Ridley and Ice Ridely). With Zelda and Pikmin, I really have to work hard to master them, with some missions taking me hours to finally do so.

Well, Metroid Blast has a lot of varied objectives for Master Ranks. With Zelda and Pikmin, it's the same task in every level.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby Blazing Warwolf » 23 Dec 2012 10:32

FadedAreWii wrote:I've had to unplug for freezing a few times, especially while trying Hulu for the free month. I think it probably had more to do wit TVii launch like you mentioned, though I don't get why the youtube channel update fixed it. Let us know if it fixes it for you too.

Also, I get a lot less freezing if I give the system and miiverse time to load up completely. You know, let all the miis come out. That and avoid Hulu.

I went to Miiverse today before using the YouTube app since I forgot to use the app first, but as soon as I entered Miiverse, all the community posts were back to normal. :) The other communities in other countries remained fine as well. I haven't used Miiverse since then, but I suspect it will stay like this from now on. Maybe it was just a coincidence that the YouTube app fixed your issue and that the Miiverse problem was actually already fixed right before you installed the YouTube update? Who knows?

I always let the services load up completely before using them, and I don't use Hulu anyways. :P When I had to unplug my Wii U after the internet froze, it was the 1st time my Wii U froze after installing that 2nd long update some weeks ago, as a matter of fact. Hasn't happened since.
Blazing Warwolf
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: Mario6400
3DS: 4811-6949-4441

Postby FadedAreWii » 24 Dec 2012 02:12

Hmmm. Yeah, they must have just fixed it then. Hulu was the only thing that caused my U to freeze since they updates as well. Now that my free month is over, I haven't had a single problem yet.

On topic: Nintendo Land is much deeper and challenging than I thought it would be. Wish there was another course or two for Sweet Day.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby KingBroly » 12 Jan 2013 06:45

I'm going for all the Stars now. But unfortunately, Octopus Dance is one of the two remaining games that stand in my way. Sigh. Such a terrible mini-game. It's too hard. I have doubts if I'll ever get it.

On the brighter side, I'm about 5 missions away from beating Pikmin Adventure, which will give me my 11th Star overall.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby Poopaloop » 12 Jan 2013 07:23

I disagree. I thought I wouldn't like Octopus Dance when I first saw footage, but I really enjoy it. I don't think it's very difficult, either.
Poopaloop
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby Autosaver » 13 Jan 2013 19:35

I agree with Poopaloop, I enjoyed it after playing and it is incredibly easy.

You get the star on beating it on your first time, right? I wonder how he would last on the "Bonus Round" where there are more than 4 steps at a given time. NOW talk about difficulty.
Autosaver
Boo
Boo

Postby KingBroly » 13 Jan 2013 21:07

Autosaver wrote:I agree with Poopaloop, I enjoyed it after playing and it is incredibly easy.

You get the star on beating it on your first time, right? I wonder how he would last on the "Bonus Round" where there are more than 4 steps at a given time. NOW talk about difficulty.

No, you get a Star for beating it twice. Which sucks.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod