What will be the First "AAA" game on Wii U?

Everything about the Wii and its games...

What will be the First "AAA" game on Wii U?

Postby Amputech » 09 Nov 2012 01:17

I think it is very likely that a big game will come out from Nintendo next year. Most likely during the holidays to go up against the presumed launch of Sony and Microsoft.

I personally am hoping for some crazy 2D/3D hybrid Metroid game.
Amputech
Goomba
Goomba

Re: What will be the First "AAA" game on Wii U?

Postby Eternal Rain » 09 Nov 2012 01:34

If you mean from Nintendo, then I'm predicting maybe we'll see a 3D Mario game next year. If not that then I hope it's whatever Retro's game is.

As for third parties, well I personally think Assassin's Creed III already fits that bill.
Eternal Rain
Toad
Toad

Postby Battlestriker123 » 09 Nov 2012 01:38

I'm pretty sure NSMBU, ZombiU, and Rayman all count as "AAA" titles, at least so it seems...
Favorite Game: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA)
Just Finished: Blackwell Deception (PC)
Now Playing: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS)
Follow me on MyIGN! http://people.ign.com/battlestriker123
Battlestriker123
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: Battlestriker123
3DS: 3539-8800-5372
Steam ID: Battlestriker123

Postby Amputech » 09 Nov 2012 03:15

I should have been more specific, HaHa. I am referring to Nintendo for sure. While NSMB is great I don't think it qualifies as a "AAA" title. I am thinking more in line of a game that is built ground up for Wii U (ie: New Zelda, Mario or Metroid) and really pushes the system in every way possible. We know Pikmin 3 is early next year but I don't count it either since it began on Wii and maintains most of those assets.
Amputech
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Devil_Rising » 09 Nov 2012 03:50

If you ask me, we're already getting a couple right within the launch window. That is if we're purely talking quality.

I think, personally, that NSMBU is "AAA", for sure. I also think that games like Rayman Legends and Lego City Undercover have "AAA" potential, as exclusives go. Then you've got games that have been CALLED "AAA" in the past, such as Batman, ACIII, ME3, Darksiders II and Black Ops 2. Then there's the upcoming Aliens: Colonial Marines, which will HOPEFULLY live up to the hype, as well as Pikmin 3, which I'd certainly hope is "AAA", like it's predecessors. And of course, depending on how you feel about it, Bayonetta 2.

So there's plenty of good candidates, I think.
Also featured at: http://thepunkeffect.com
Follow along on Twitter: @RetroRevelation
And Tumblr: retrorevelations.tumblr.com
Devil_Rising
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

NN ID: Godzilla1981
PSN: AwesomeFukenGuy

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 09 Nov 2012 04:45

So what your saying is (What will be the next unannounced "AAA" WiiU game from Nintendo?)

Well I'm gonna guess it be Super Mario Galaxy 3…

(OH GOD NO! D'X)

…or a new 3D Mario game more like 64 and Sunshine.

(YES!!! :D )
I once lived in a bubble… but eventually… I grew tired of it. So yeah… wishes do come true… well for me at least!Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Postby cobaltorange » 09 Nov 2012 15:20

Battlestriker123 wrote:I'm pretty sure NSMBU, ZombiU, and Rayman all count as "AAA" titles, at least so it seems...

Zombi U will be another Red Steel.
Bourgeois, why would you care for more? They give you almost everything. You believed almost anything.
cobaltorange
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby mariomaniac45213 » 09 Nov 2012 15:43

Probably the next 3D Mario...since we only seem to be getting Mario and Pokemon games nowadays..with the occasional Pikmin type game here and there.
Finally got a PS3 sooo add me if you want. :)
mariomaniac45213
Toad
Toad

Wii: 0257-0866-8958-0148
PSN: TheDestructo1994
XBL: TheDestructo94

Postby Devil_Rising » 09 Nov 2012 16:06

I find the lack of people in here who seem to not notice the "AAA" quality games already coming within the launch window, rather disturbing.
Also featured at: http://thepunkeffect.com
Follow along on Twitter: @RetroRevelation
And Tumblr: retrorevelations.tumblr.com
Devil_Rising
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

NN ID: Godzilla1981
PSN: AwesomeFukenGuy

Postby Ragnarokstorymaker » 09 Nov 2012 21:37

I think whatever Monolith's game is will be AAA. I mean, how long has it been in development exactly? I think that that studio has proven themselves. Look at the scale and environment on Xenoblade, if they can emulate that experience on an HD console no less, you mine as well go ahead and give it GOTY.
Ragnarokstorymaker
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: RagnarokSM
PSN: RagnarokSM
XBL: DiehardStingray

Postby Amputech » 09 Nov 2012 22:00

Devil_Rising wrote:I find the lack of people in here who seem to not notice the "AAA" quality games already coming within the launch window, rather disturbing.

I definitely mean a Galaxy, Prime, Skyward Sword level game from Nintendo. Both NSMBU and Nintendo Land look brilliant but they are not on the same level as the previously mentioned titles. I still am not counting Pikmin either because it wasn't built ground up on Wii U but in my mind it is "AAA" worthy. No doubt in my mind.
Amputech
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Battlestriker123 » 09 Nov 2012 23:01

Amputech wrote:
Devil_Rising wrote:I find the lack of people in here who seem to not notice the "AAA" quality games already coming within the launch window, rather disturbing.

I definitely mean a Galaxy, Prime, Skyward Sword level game from Nintendo. Both NSMBU and Nintendo Land look brilliant but they are not on the same level as the previously mentioned titles. I still am not counting Pikmin either because it wasn't built ground up on Wii U but in my mind it is "AAA" worthy. No doubt in my mind.

Though I definitely see what you mean, it's important to note that "AAA" in the games industry is defined as a big-budget title. That means any game that costs a lot of money to make is labelled as "AAA", no matter what the quality. You, on the other hand, are asking for when the next major Nintendo title will be, which is different from a "AAA" game.
Favorite Game: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA)
Just Finished: Blackwell Deception (PC)
Now Playing: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS)
Follow me on MyIGN! http://people.ign.com/battlestriker123
Battlestriker123
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: Battlestriker123
3DS: 3539-8800-5372
Steam ID: Battlestriker123

Postby ShiftyCat » 14 Nov 2012 20:10

Well they will have to announce something decent after the holiday season. I know Pikmin 3 is on the horizon but Pikmin will not be a system seller for most. With holding everything for e3 is stupid too.

To me, at least announcing some more first party games would push a lot more hardware. I have mine pre-ordered but I would like to be reassured my first year of Wii U is going to be filled with new original content. I still have nightmares of that 3ds drought at the beginning.
My top 10: Alan Wake (x360), Resident Evil Remake (GC), Resident Evil 4 (GC), LoZ Link's Awakening (GB), Shadow of the Colossus (Ps2), Sonic Series (Sega Gen), Super Smash Bros. Brawl (wii), Final Fantasy IX(ps1), Starcraft 2(pc), and Counter Strike (pc).
ShiftyCat
Fairy
Fairy

PSN: ShiftyCat
XBL: GrimeFarrah

Postby kevynwight » 14 Nov 2012 21:43

Amputech wrote:I personally am hoping for some crazy 2D/3D hybrid Metroid game.
You mean Metroid Other M 2 ?
kevynwight
Fairy
Fairy

Postby jasonmaivia » 14 Nov 2012 23:03

It's all about opinions. What are your tastes? What games are going to make it seem worth the purchase?

I'm looking forward to Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. These are really the only one I'd get if I had the money to buy them all at once.

Whenever EA decides to create a Mass Effect Trilogy and Mass Effect 4 for the Wii, I'll get those too. I really want to like Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, but I'm waiting for more positive reviews. I'm not too sure on Zombie U, but it looks interesting. New Super Mario Bros. U and Rayman -- i lump those two together, because I never wanted to play the ones on the original Wii alone, and now that I am alone, I don't feel like I should buy them. Dragon Quest X will be on my list if it has free online service.

I'm waiting for more high-quality third party support (what the hell are Capcom and Konami doing?? Is GTA V coming to Wii U ever?), and hopefully more from Nintendo from Metroid, F-Zero, Star Fox, Wave Race, and Donkey Smash Bros..
jasonmaivia
Boo
Boo

NN ID: jasonmaivia
Wii: 0413 6199 9387 2979

Return to WiiU / Wii