Are you going to be able to transfer over all your data?

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Re: Are you going to be able to transfer over all your data?

Postby Kama » 20 Nov 2012 15:59

All of my data did indeed transfer over (including MKWii). All my online info is still there, I can still play online, and the only stuff I lost really were the pre-installed wii channels. Also, the VC & WW games I didn't have on my Wii internal memory, but I was able to download them again (I wasn't terribly far in the ones I lost anyway).
I WANT MY NON-SPECIFIC ACTION GAME!!11!1
Kama
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Postby MoldyClay » 22 Nov 2012 09:26

Kama wrote:All of my data did indeed transfer over (including MKWii). All my online info is still there, I can still play online, and the only stuff I lost really were the pre-installed wii channels. Also, the VC & WW games I didn't have on my Wii internal memory, but I was able to download them again (I wasn't terribly far in the ones I lost anyway).

So does it use the same Friend Codes? I only ask because when you format the Wii, it changes, and if you homebrew an old save (which I did for Animal Crossing at one point because I thought formatting would fix an issue I had at one point), it is incompatible since it treats the two as a couple (like DS systems).

Interesting though. That was my next question (about online info).
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu

NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Postby The Jack Of Hearts » 22 Nov 2012 14:44

I did a transfer from my Wii to my Wii U last night and I really found it strange and slighting humorous see all those Pikmin transferring my data. Afterwards I did notice that a few channels are now gone like the weather, news, and Nintendo channel.
The Jack Of Hearts
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: Haxblue
PSN: haxblue

Wii U Game Save Transferring question

Postby monkeyCmonkeyDo » 10 Dec 2012 12:15

Hey guys,

Is there a way to transfer a game save from one wii u to another? I am playing Darkstalkers 2 on my wii u at home, but if I wanted to play the game at work on my lunch breaks (We have a Wii U there), how would I go about doing that?

Thanks!

-Jason
monkeyCmonkeyDo
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: monkeyCmonkeyDo
PSN: munkeyCmunkeyDo
XBL: monkeyCmonkeyDo

Re: Wii U Game Save Transferring question

Postby J0RdAnN » 10 Dec 2012 13:26

Darksiders 2 not Darkstalkers 2...and as far as I'm aware their is currently no way to transfer playable save files. This is because you can't log in to your NNID account on more then one system ATM.
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Re: Wii U Game Save Transferring question

Postby monkeyCmonkeyDo » 10 Dec 2012 13:29

LOL.....Thats what I meant.
monkeyCmonkeyDo
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: monkeyCmonkeyDo
PSN: munkeyCmunkeyDo
XBL: monkeyCmonkeyDo

Postby Blazing Warwolf » 11 Dec 2012 09:01

My MKWii, Brawl, Tri, and City Folk save files weren't transferred over because they couldn't. What gives? :?
Blazing Warwolf
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: Mario6400
3DS: 4811-6949-4441

Postby Ngamer01 » 11 Dec 2012 12:58

Blazing, gonna need some info:
1) Are you just trying to add stuff to SD Cards and move data over that way? Because that will never work as NWFC saves are locked to their home console.

2) Are you trying to use homebrew to move your files to Wii U? That probably will never work as the Wii U firmware may interfere and delete your homebrew data even if your Wii U is in Wii Mode.

3) Did you already establish new save files for your affected games on Wii U? If you did, your old saves from Wii won't carry over until you delete the new save data.

4) Are you using Nintendo's official transfer tools for Wii and Wii U? If you already used 'em completely before, you can't use them again.
Ngamer01
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: Ngamer01
3DS: 403861748183

Postby Blazing Warwolf » 12 Dec 2012 07:00

1) Those save files can't even be moved over to an SD Card, if I remember correctly, and like MoldyClay stated. Plus, I THINK the save files were on the console, not the card. Can't really remember. :/ I transferred data weeks ago. But, I did move everything else from the console to the card, which worked for those games.

2) I never use homebrew.

3) I didn't even get to play those games yet on the Wii U, so no, no new save data was created.

4) I already transferred over all the other save data to the Wii U. And yes, I used the official Nintendo transferring tools/channels for both the Wii and Wii U.
Blazing Warwolf
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: Mario6400
3DS: 4811-6949-4441

Postby cortjezter » 12 Dec 2012 21:08

just start over man. its not like any of those games require lots of time to build up :-P
cortjezter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam ID: cortjezter
Wii: 4659 4316 9119 3027
PSN: cortjezter
XBL: cortjezter

Postby MoldyClay » 13 Dec 2012 04:43

cortjezter wrote:just start over man. its not like any of those games require lots of time to build up :-P

Sorry, what?

If you had a complete file for MKWii or Brawl it'd take tons of hours to get that back. Reunlocking everything, re-beating Subspace, getting all the trophies/songs/stickers? That's extremely time consuming. And MKWii, doing well in all the races to get everything and so on.

And Animal Crossing means an entire town, all the items you had, the villagers, the debt paid, the catalog/museum completion, etc are all gone.

Those games require probably hundreds of hours to regain what gets lost from them if you don't transfer them.

Personally, once I get my Wii U, I am saying screw it to having most of the stuff on the Wii Menu and will just redownload them all from the shop. My save files have priority to the minor inconvenience of redownloading my less-than-20 VC/WW games.
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu

NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Postby cortjezter » 13 Dec 2012 05:35

shovel. didn't the sarcasm tag in my post render in your browser? maybe you should upgrade that thing. [/moresarcasm]
cortjezter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam ID: cortjezter
Wii: 4659 4316 9119 3027
PSN: cortjezter
XBL: cortjezter

Previous

Return to WiiU / Wii